Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord of Sacramento had a very special brand of hobby. Dreams. Wandering, lurking, watching through them...

Harvesting from them.

For him, this means nightmares. Some of the most primal sources of Fear.

It had been a long time since his last class on the topic, but the Freehold had changed much in that time. Cassandra Reeding , for one, had been very keen to learn more. Many others had joined, and as King of Autumn he would provide the opportunity to learn.

The time was clearly ripe for reminders of Oneiromancy - and to protect oneself with oneiromachy.

The Autumn Hollow was opened, the ceiling the eternally Autumn leaves. Reminders given. Blankets and pillows arranged, borrowed from home.

Those that wanted to learn, would be welcome.

Rhodes reclines in the chair, reading a large tome, humming lightly to himself. They were creatures of stories.... and stories, unbidden or not, came to them.

This is a scene for Lings to learn Oneiromancy! I've finally got around to doing it again! If you want to learn the art of Dreams, the Dread Lord is ready to teach.

There is this useful reference on the wiki: http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Oneiromancy_Primer
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes Shane, Shenanigans, liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra arrives to the Autumn Hollow ready to learn more about Oneiromancy. She's never been the most experienced in it and she knows as a Lost, she very much aught to be.

She is wearing a black cotton sundress that ends just above the knees. It is comfortable enough for the task without being in Pajamas, not that she hasn't been seen in PJs before, she just doesn't like to make a habit of it. Her long, scarlet hair is braided to the side, the end of it laying closer to her waist now. She should probably have it trimmed, but... her hair is precious to her. She is only wearing a hint of eyeliner, allowing her Polychromatic hues take most of the work of her natural beauty. She doesn't need makeup, she just likes it most of the time. Makes her feel normal.

The Fairest walks inside, taking a moment to look at the scene before her. Pillows and blankets and the like. They'll be traveling into a dream for certain. Their own? Someone else's? She'll find out soon, she imagines. She takes in the distinctive Autumn chill within and she wonders if they'll find themselves with something similar with their own Hollow. Perpetual snow, perhaps? No, theirs is warm, cozy, exactly what you want when the long Winter comes. We'll be prepared.

She hears the faint humming and she follows it, "Hello?" She calls out quietly with her airy, alto voice. She is sure Rhodes is somewhere around here, likely with a large book.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes looks up, the humming ending mid-bar. "Cassandra?" he asks, more hearing the voice than seeing her, though it does draw a smile as she comes around the corner. "Ah, excellent. Come in, come in. Hopefuly we will have a few others before we bed down. Usually I ask what experience people have with the art of Oneiromancy, but I doubt we need to re-tread old ground with one another." He closes the book reverently, placing it gently to one side. It looks very familiar.

"I was just seeing what else I might gleam on the Wyrdstone from the texts, before we begin probing it more intimately." he places a hand on the closed book. "The Contracts of Spellbound Autumn are tied in with the Leaden mirror's fascination with magic and the supernatural of all kinds - if there is a way of understanding magical artifacts, that is my first port of call. Bu something so entrenched in Wyrd and, one might say, Wyld magics may be very difficult to pin down, and so forewarned is as forearmed as one might be with this mystery."

"How have you been?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra smiles as she greets Rhodes. Book about the Wyrdstone again? "Sounds reasonable," she responds in regards to people joining them, "Worse comes to worse, I guess it turns into a tutoring session, which isn't horrible." gives a faint smile, though the idea of being focused on is not great. No one likes to be that kind of center of attention for fear of completely screwing things up.

"Spellbound Autumn?" He goes on to explain and she nods. Each court has their very specific contracts, doesn't it? Fleeting and Eternal Winter, Sorrow-Frozen Heart for Winter, I know. "You are fortunate given your interests that Autumn grants you access to that. I'm not familiar as much with other Court Contracts as I'd like to be. Are there non court related contracts that assist with something similar?" A curiosity. Most contracts she isn't aware of that aren't her main interests.

"I'm about ready with open schedule to get working with you on the Wyrdstone soon. Between training, crafting, rehearsals and the like, my schedule is a lot more crowded than it once was. But I have time coming up given the Summer breaks in rehearsal." She smiles. It does excite her to finally be able to get working on it. She's been interested since the moment she saw it. "I've been doing quite well, however." Aside from the nightmares, which she doesn't even want to tell John about yet. But aside from that, given the wonderful things unfolding in her life right now, she might be more than well. "And yourself? You've gotten up to all of this, but how is the wedding planning all going? And Sera?" Over time, this kind of socialization has become easier. There is less anxiety associated with it.

6. Likes Shane liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord gestures open-handedly. "True enough, but also one begat the other. Once I found my way out of the Hedge, our magics always fascinated me - and truth be told, Fear also drove me - and I moved into Autumn like a hand in glove." He thinks for a moment. "Some contracts overlap in their effects, but I do not believe so in this case - at least, not exactly. If there are, it is one I have not yet studied... perhaps something in Communion or Animation may be able to create a similar effect for items, but would not be as useful for, say, supernatural creatures. Those contracts are affinities for Elementals and Wizened, respectively, but still not beyond a dedicated student. I find the easiest way to learn contracts is to discuss them with others. Or, find someone who knows at least something about some of them already, as I did." He ends on a small half-shrug.

Rhodes nods. "Ironically, the summer is looking somewhat busy for myself, putting the last parts of planning in place. measuring in weeks rather than months makes it seem so much closer." There is a fond smile of recollection. "Still, I'm sure we will find the time for research. Sera is well, thank you. Busy, as ever. She is spending a lot of time I her study, but has also been showing me the elements of Hedgespinning - it was one facet I never really picked up, and high time I learned, if only to make something that conceals slits in clothing for my foliage sufficiently among mortals."

He sighs lightly. "It seems that there is no-one else interested in pursuing the art at this time. A shame, but nevertheless." He rises and moves over to one of the covers by the tree. "Please, make yourself comfortable. I have done several such sessions, and treat them all the same way. Once you find yourself asleep, I welcome you into my dream with the understanding that guests do not take liberties wile in there. Being in the same location, you will be looking for the nearest dream and moving from one's own is a simple affair, as I'm sure you know. There will be some explanation of theory, but also opportunity for you to work at manipulating and changing the dreams in one's own way." The Flowering sits and leans back against the tree. "Any questions?"

It's Wits+Composure to fall asleep. If you narrate your own dreams, and then leaving them I'll do the next post in the Dream!

8. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

James had stepped in right as Rhodes was finishing up, hearing the statement about no one else coming. He’d opened the door and taken light steps into the Hollow knowing it was possible he might be disturbing sleeping people already; he was unfortunately late to arrive. He himself was wearing a t-shirt that came down past his waste, a classic but mass-produced Nirvana tee. He was wearing a pair of gray pajama pants and had his backpack over one shoulder. Hearing the voice still he made sure to knock before closing the door behind him and stepping to join the lesson proper.

“Sorry I’m late, bus got held up. Good evening both of you.” He could have ridden with Cassandra, but he had thought it best that they didn’t arrive together. Plus he’d had work to wrap up before he could make the time to come out that evening. He was honestly surprised to just see the two of them, generally when Autumn offered knowledge for free it was wise to take them up on it. “Hope it’s ok I join?” An eyebrow raised in question, he wasn’t fresh to the information anymore but he figured there was always something new to learn, some new trick or nuance that he never considered before.

Goes by the name: John

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Interesting. Perhaps I will have to ask those with various separate contracts. It would be interesting to learn about regardless of what I find," It would be. There is also a theory that she could potentially earn enough favor with Autumn to be able to do some of what he does. But then, there is so much else she wishes to learn. There are other routes she needs to take.

It really did seem that no one else would be joining them, which genuinely surprised her. Is everyone skilled enough with Oneiromancy that they feel find enough to learn? Or simply ignorant? No, that's just her rude intellectual mind speaking. Plus... wasn't he supposed to be coming? Maybe he got held up.

"Not at the moment, but I'm sure I'll have some as we go," She says softly. It is then that John enters. She hadn't been sure if he'd make it in time. Well, she supposes he isn't on time, really. "Hello, John." she smiles a little and doing her best not to seem too happy to see him.

"Well, I'm going to go ahead and get myself prepped to sleep." She says, walking over to find a good spot with a pillow and blanket. Once everything is set and ready to go, she tries to fall asleep. Having John near her always seems to make it easier for her to fall asleep, so knowing he's here, even just in the room, she slips right into sleep.

Fall Asleep - 1 Success

Walking in the Hedge again, her bow in her hands, an arrow nocked and ready to be loosed. "I know you're here." This is the first time she's addressed the creature. No. Not tonight. We don't need a new variation tonight.

There is a crispness to the air, like the Autumn just as the leaves are beginning to fall. The thorns are just as crisp, sharp, ready to cut into you. Cassandra backs herself up near the brush, taking the time to allow a single thorn to pierce her skin. She needed to track the way. There is a Hedge gate she needs to get to.

She walks along the path and can feel the eeriness behind her. She can feel the shadows, no, the light catching up to her. In this case, she is the shadow in light of this creature. She's never been the shadow before these dreams. Each time it feels as though it wants to suck her in.

She continues forward, marking her trail as she goes, the survivalist in her taking hold. There is an echo of something like rocks in the distance, so she begins to move a little quicker. Her steps are delicate. For the first time, she's noticed that she's barely touching the ground at all. A contract? Separation perhaps? She isn't sure.

"Just get it over with." She knows she can escape if she just gets to the Hedge gate. Get to the Hedge gate. Almost there.

She keeps moving, faster and faster till she's in a sprint. The creature is always going to be faster than her, she knows this. She is going to get caught and she'll wake up. No, she's got something she's got to do. Her pace picks up further and she can feel the Hedge Gate in the distance. So close.

She can hear a voice behind her for the first time, "When did you get so quick?" It's distorted and strange. A voice she's never heard before. She reaches the dead end, the one with the gate. Move. Move. Move. She forces herself forward. It hurts. Everything hurts. She needs to go.

And... she does. The light doesn't catch up this time. She flies through the Hedge Gate and suddenly, she is in the space between dreams. Yes, because that is what she is trying to do. This has a purpose. She reaches out her senses and makes her way to Rhode's dream as he instructed her to do.

11. Likes Shane liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Contracts are fascinating, in that they allow us to wield the Wyrd's power with relatively ease built into their very function with entities or aspects which we almost never see today. Most learn of their own seeming and courtly special talents, spreading form there. I strongly recommend looking into them," he agreed slowly.

The Dread Lord looks up from his settled spot as the Winter King enters. "John! How good to see you. Absolutely, dear boy, please do." He gestures to the unoccupied spots. "We were only just settling down. I was planning much of the same as last time - understanding and explanation of the Dreaming, and how and why we might wish to alter it. Starting in my dream, just as before." The small changes in his voice seem to ring meaning into every syllable.

He stretches out, sighing, and closes his huge green eyes.

failure

1 success

It takes his longer than usual to bed down. He has been getting into a routine, sleeping with Sera by his side. This was the other place he felt safe, but there was something he couldn't quite put his finger on.

Eventually it settled, and he drifted off to sleep....

As Cassandra enter thought her door, her vision clears. Natural sunlight is bouncing right to the door, creating the aurora, but once the changeling move clear they are in a huge library (think the animated Disney's Beauty and the Beast). Polished wooden panels and red leather are everywhere and the shelves of books tower several floor stories above the deep red-carpeted floor beneath.

The floor is several dozen square feed of open space, with leather furniture to one side and dark oaken desks towards the other. A pair of sweeping staircases rise up away from the door to the first floor. It's clear that some of the ideas from this dream became the Autumn Hallow, minus the glade and giant central tree.

Rhodes stands in robes of resplendent autumn colours - Yellows, Reds, Browns and Golds - in an overlapping leaf pattern from his shoulders right down to the ground. Here, his wrists, ankles and temples are in full bloom with vibrant leaves and the usual bright red flowers, unpruned and free. It is the same dream John saw before - the Library of the Autumn King.

"Welcome,"he says with a smile. "Apologies for the delay - it took longer to bed down than I expected." He looks up and around. "What do you think?" An amused smile on his lips.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"It's good to see the both of you, thanks for having me again. I didn't think it'd hurt to keep the knowledge fresh." He offered a cordial smile to the both of them shifting to take one of the empty spots, working his bag like a pillow, getting his headphones ready. Pausing as he reached into the bag nodding as Rhodes' explained the lesson plan before going back to his nightly ritual. It seemed he had interrupted but only for a pause in the lesson, that was good he felt slightly better at having only been a bit late.

He was the third to lay down but he sat there for a minute, getting ready but reminding himself of the promise he'd made to Winter. The feeling of ice flowing through his veins as he closed his eyes, focused on the feeling and lay down. John didn't have any problems falling asleep. He lay down, closed his eyes and focused on the fatigue in his body letting it overwhelm him until he'd fallen asleep

4 successes

---

3 successes

John was a disembodied essence, darkness swirling all around him, shifting and turning. None of it was natural, darkness was consuming but it didn't move. He'd barely had a time to get a bearing before he felt ice cold fingers brush against the back of his neck and he turned slowly to see what it was. But it was nothing, nothing but a familiar scent lingering in the air. The sound of something large coming to rest into place echoed throughout the void as a spotlight pierced the darkness illuminating nothing.

It wasn't what it illuminated, it was the fact the shadows began to lick and crawl up the pillar of light. He shook his head, he didn't have. It had delayed him for moments as he formed the gate out of the light and walked through it. Where the light brushed his skin he could feel her fingers, her eyes, her judgement. Before stepping out to Rhodes' library of his dreams. Manifesting in the dreams as he entered, finding himself in the same seat he was in last time.

He didn't comment on the delay, the manifestation of his own dream tarrying him longer than he would have liked. "Just as splendid as it was last time." Wondering if there were books in this library waiting for Rhodes to write them, dreams that desired to be made manifest, curious about so much but knowing deep down it was a representation of Rhodes' psyche he didn't pry further. "The robes are a nice touch, they look nice."

Goes by the name: John

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The Fairest's eyes widen as she takes in the incredible sight of the library. It's a dream... literally, but it is also a semi-dream of hers to be able to sit in read in a ridiculously large library with a steaming cup of tea, even though she'd never be able to read all the books in it within her life time. ...Probably. The Wyrd works in mysterious ways. She blinks for a moment and has to remember to manifest, feeling clunky in a sense while she does so.

Cassandra hears Rhode's voice and knows John has manifested as well, but she is still taken in by the beauty of the dream itself. It takes her a long moment before she finally replies, "Oh, uh, right, um. It's nice." it was a stumble. She doesn't normally stumble. But so many books. After a moment, she takes a good look at the Autumn King. John was right, they were nice robes.

She composes herself, ready to take in whatever information she is given.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread