THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He speaks in a noticeable dutch accent.
    He looks very youthfull.

PRE

Sieb drives to the Adress Notary Jennifer Hazelton gave him.
    With him he has a single Apple Blossom Rose as a minor gift for when he arrives.

He get's out of the car and will wait for Notary Hazelton or anyone to open.

If Lady Hazelton opens the door herself:

If someone else opens the door:

2. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The address that Jennifer gave Sieb led him to a small house. It’s a middle-class neighborhood: the houses are too run-down to be a bland suburbia, but it’s quiet and clean. On the approach, a camera is visible panning over the driveway. Jennifer’s sedan is out of sight, likely in the garage. Another camera peers down onto the front step, motion activated.
    "Hello, Mr. van Zon." She greets at the door, her Nosferatu Curse lending the words a supernatural air.

Jennifer’s long brown hair was curled into ringlets about her face, a bit pulled and gathered up to cause cascading waves of hair in the back. Jennifer is wearing a gold scarf tucked neatly into the high collar of her outfit. The brown dress was close fitting and cut modestly, a matching tailored jacket completed the look with ¾ sleeves.
    Jennifer's outfit

“Please, come in.” She steps back to admit Mr. van Zon, closing the door behind him. Jennifer accepts the bloom, with a genuine look of surprise and then pleasant goodwill.
    "Thank you." The Nosferatu looks at the flower carefully, her academically bent mind already anazlyzing the flower for its' message. In this context, she decided apple blossom was for hope, and possibly hinging on good fortune.

The home appears to be well furnished. It is furnished in light honey wood tones and subtle light blues and greens. There is a dining room in sight, a long wooden table has been decorated with a green and gold table runner. The dining room is the largest room in the snug house, with a few potted plants lining the far wall. A small camera is visible watching the back door out of the tidy and small kitchen. Jennifer makes a detour into the small kitchen, pulling out a tall vase for the bloom and preparing the flower for its vase. She takes a moment to set the flower in its vase on display on the dining table.

Jennifer leads the way into the main room off of the entry way. There is a window with heavy black out curtains in cornflower blue. The curtains are drawn, concealing the outside. Two small electric lights are set in end tables in the corner of the room, providing just enough light for the snug little room. The sitting area is composed of a leather love seat against the window. Facing the love seat are a pair of dark blue arm chairs in birch veneer. Both chairs are carefully set so they have a view of the front door.

A low coffee table squats in the center. A small glass vase holds a tasteful bouquet of red and white roses.

The invictus code

Jennifer gestures to the seating arrangements.
    "Have a seat, Mr. van Zon."

Jennifer takes a seat in one of the arm chairs. Dark eyes meet Sieb's.
    "I trust you have been well since we spoke last."

Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He looks very youthfull.

PRE

"I have been well. Thank you Lady Notary Hazelton, I hope you have been well too.", Sieb says as he takes a seat.

"I still have to find out what exactly goes on where I came from and present that evidence to her grace Duchess Twist."
    "I can assure you, that it is looking good however. No open bloodhunt has been called at all and things seem to have calmed down."

Sieb smiles large: "But I am not here to talk about my investigation in Europe.
    I am here because I wanted to know more about the people from here in Sacramento.
    Once my personal investigation is concluded I hope to be able to find a domain that acknowledges me, where I can stay. And I wish I could find that domain in Sacramento.

It might be a bit early, but I figured who better to ask about the domain than the Lady Notary."

He pauses, I really need to find out how to explain myself shorter.

"Would you be willing to talk with me about the domain and it's people, even if I am merely an unacknowledged guest in Sacramento?"

5. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Well enough." The Lady replies as continues. "There are busy nights ahead, it would seem."
    Jennifer hears the information he offers and files it away. To come out at another time if it suits her.

"I would like to set you up with information that could help you succeed in Sacramento." Jennifer answers the question. As she continues, she attempts to come across as someone Sieb can trust.

"It would seem that Sacramento could be beneficial to you. The leader of your covenant, Duchess Twist, Priscus of the Daeva, Archon of Sacramento is Respected in the Domain. If you make a good impression, you could find yourself enjoying more respect."

2 successes

Jennifer attempts to use the carrot of gaining more respect from other Kindred to intrigue Sieb van Zon.
    "Are you on good terms with your Cousin, Mr. Heinrich?" She inquired. Sieb had made an interesting reference to Edward on the phone call that she was curious to pursue for a moment.
    "Currently, the First Estate enjoys a good position in this Domain. Her Grace, the Prince Alessandra Antinori, Priscus of the Gangrel and Lady of the First Estate, has been very fair and even handed in ensuring every Covenant is welcome. Nobody receives unearned favors."

Jennifer is careful to hit the Italian pronunciation of the Prince's name precisely. Others had erred in this.
    Personally, Jennifer appreciates that there isn't a clique under the Prince. Jennifer enjoys meritocracy - earning the feathers in your cap, as it were.

Jennifer pauses here for Sieb to comprehend what she has said. Dark eyes study him with curiousity.

ooc
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He looks very youthfull.

PRE

Sieb listens closely.
    1 success

OOC

He doesn't mind being open about what he thinks of people most of the time.
    His relation to Cousin Heinrich is no exception.

"I think I am on good terms with Cousin Heinrich. There appears to be some kind of connection between him and my Sire. At least some of the letters I found with my Sire were addressed to him, they didn't appear to be recent though, as there was no indication in them that Mr. Heinrich isn't part of the First Estate anymore."
    He thinks for a second before continuing.
    "When I arrived in Sacramento Cousin Heinrich was honest and open about not being in the Invictus anymore. I talked to him about it and he gave me his side of the story, I did tell him however that I will also hear what people in the Boat Club have to say.", he says and winks in an attempt to loosen up the conversation. Try to be fun to talk to as well, he reminds himself.

"Of course the side of the Invictus holds more weight to me. And I did tell Cousin Heinrich that it might influence our interactions. However, based on everything I have heard and seen I am not afraid that it will drive us apart too much. Some Kindred just won't or can't move the danse into the same beneficial direction as members of the first estate do.
    And that is fine. Kindred don't have to be in the First Estate to be worthwhile."
    , Sieb concludes with a shrug.

"Would you be willing to share with me why Mr. Heinrich isn't part of the First Estate anymore?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"A connection with your Sire. That can be a good foundation."
    A pause as Jennifer watches Sieb for a moment as he speaks, observing his wink. She gives a polite smile.
    The smile fades to one of interest as he continues speaking.

The side of the Invictus holds more weight to you?
    "Are you comfortable with being able to assure the First Estate of your loyalty?" Her Cursed voice slithers as she makes her inquiry. She is composed and speaks with confidence as she continues.
    "Was the First Estate that you were a part of practicing Blood Oaths, to your knowledge? For example, a simple Blood Tell Oath to ensure Kindred were held to their word on loyalties?"

"I would be willing to discuss why Mr. Heinrich isn't part of the First Estate. I am curious, what has he shared with you regarding his separation?"

Dark eyes watch Sieb closely.

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He looks very youthfull.

PRE

Sieb considers his answer, his polite smile won't fade but it might be less pronounced.
    Her voice is unsettling and slithering about, it invites you to expect another purpose to every one of her words. But Sieb knows better than that, Nosferatu always come with a curse, a detail you just shouldn't hold against them.
    This feature is nothing she chose or can do anything about.

"Oh, I am very sure about my loyalty and upholding my word.", he reassures, "Of course, I am also aware that just stating it won't mean anything just yet. But like I said, at the moment I am merely a visitor in this domain, so I hope the future will hold some opportunities for me to prove myself."
    He waits a second to consider the next words.
    "About blood oaths. No, as far as I am aware we had a lack of mystically inclined invictus. Because of that there hasn't been much in terms of blood oaths. A shame really, maybe a proper mystical Invictus or even the right Shadow in our ranks, might have lead us to information about just what was resting there in our domain."

Cousin Heinrich didn't reveal too much, Sieb thinks. I won't have to worry about blabbering out something he was supposed to keep secret I hope.
    "We talked about it, but he didn't reveal anything other than that it was oath related in some capacity. it didn't seem like a topic he particularly enjoys discussing."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I am sure that you shall establish yourself as more. I have found Sacramento to be quite a wonderful Domain.
    I am pleased to hear you say so, Mr. Van Zon. Loyalty is important.

"Regarding your cousin, Mr. Heinrich, there was some confusion regarding the Blood - Tell oath. He refused a section of the oath and attempted to rewrite it."

Jennifer evaluated Sieb openly and took a minute to compile what she knew of Mr. Van Zon. She decided to explain a bit for complete understanding.

"I normally am pleased to discuss the particulars of specific phrasing. I also like to see members of the first estate involved in learning how the skeleton of the First Estate - the Oaths - can benefit them. Yet the way he went about it was the wrong way.
    To be honest, your cousin and I are having a little disagreement over respect. He recently saw fit to suggest that I should be only acknowledged in the city. Relegated to the same respect as many who haven't distinguished themselves."

Jennifer gave a thin smile that didn't reach her eyes. It was as though this information she shared was ridiculous.

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He looks very youthfull.

PRE

Sieb looks at her thinking. But then starts smiling again: "I see. However, I haven't heard anything negative about you yet Lady Notary. Is there any risk from one solitary unaligned kindred having that opinion?"
    He hoped he could stay out of their squabble, but of course, higher ranks belong to the invictus. And merely being acknowledged isn't befitting of a Lady.

"Not that I don't appreciate my Cousin of course, I am still looking forward to working with him from time to time.", he smiles friendly.
    "I hope you won't hold that bond against me."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"He seems to think his opinion would have more sway than it does."

She replied. Edward was making mistakes
    To hear that this Daeva was going to attach himself to Edward caused her to give a simple reply.

"Don't commit the same mistakes as your cousin."

There were many other kindred to form alliances with. Especially someone who has mastered the Danse as the Duchess had. Already, she tired of discussing Edward. She gave the Daeva a close visual examination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread