Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2106) A Gaggle of Beasts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 1, 2021 : (2106) Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Archon Twist,” he greeted the Daeva first as the most important person in this group. “How are you this evening, your Grace?”

“Priscus Durant,” he gave her a small smile, knowing she had her reason if she didn’t want him around so soon after last court, but he was grateful for her forgiveness. “It’s good to see you.”

Mister O’Brien and Mr. Wells. He had a flash back to the one song from Muppet Christmas carol. We’re Conner and Connor. Whoooo! But he kept that thought to himself. He was interested to hear about why the Second estate was in town. Still on the look out to learn more about all the covenants. “I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced. I’m JC Smith of clan Gangrel.”

“Miss Perez,” he also greeted the Latina. He wasn’t sure if she was ‘part' of the conversation, or just passing through but it seemed polite to same something all the same.

Continued from (2106) Eternal Court...
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

She immediately corrected Conner again. “Mr. Wells, you should have also apologized to the Archon, and she also made a comment regarding the second estate in Sacramento, not seeing many of your Covenant here.” She smiled gently to Twist, Mr. Obrien, and Mr. Smith as he joined them. Her warm hazel eyes apologetic, to those who had to have their socializing with a sidebar of reproach.

“It is good to see you as well Mr. Smith.” She observed his manner and they had spent enough time recently that she got it, and smiled back to J.C. She would not hold a grudge over yesterday’s whatever-that-was-butting-in-to-clan-business.

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connors attention turned back to Twist. "I am enjoying the scenery in Sacramento, your Grace," he says with a small bow of his head, "while there isn't quite as impressive a skyline, Sacramento have a beauty that New York does not." He crossed his hands behind his back as he continued to speak. "I have met with Lady Notary Hazelton, she did her duty as both Priscus and Notary with more than due diligence. I am proud to count myself amongst her clan." He smiled as he finishes speaking, glad that he had time to speak with the head of his Covenant.

Connors emerald eyes fell on J.C as he introduced himself. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Smith of Clan Gangrel. I am Mister Connor O'Brien, Clan Nosferatu, of the First Estate." His entire introduction was delivered with a smile, though his beast wanted nothing more than the rip J.C's throat out, now was the time to play nice.

His attention was momentarily caught by the scarred Mekhet, Perez, who only offered him a curious glance. She was in turn met with a short, meaningful bow of the head.

Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner allows himself to hover between Bestial arrogance and Human annoyance at Quinn's reproach. Well which is it? Smile and wave or mingle with the monsters? The leash was getting constricting, but what choice did he have when it was his own fault?
    "Of course Priscus Durant." The nod and smile routine comes again, perhaps a tad bit stiffer than before. Again to Twist. "Apologies Archon Twist, your interest is an unexpected blessing. I admit I was hoping to address one of the more experienced Kindred about the Sanctum's presence in the Domain, or lack thereof". Perhaps something of use would be gained after all. "I would be curious to know what the Sanctum's history is with the Domain, and what structures or resources may be left for the Covenant's use."
    And then Mr. Smith...someone he definitely remembered from last Elysium. And now the annoyance churned in his stomach and turned to simmering anger. So much for concern. He's here to bully you out of your new home. Don't let him! Rip him to...
    But Quinn's smile sets him aback. This whole farce wasn't just for his own benefit after all; this was Quinn recovering face from her peers and allies. To the Beast's frustration, the Man acquiesces to reason. Though he does occasionally turn his attention to Simone, wondering if he'd somehow forgotten something in addressing her...and how many strikes he had left for the night.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist would admit to being surprised when Simone approached but she kept it from her face. Instead she returned the greeting with a small nod, acknowledgment and hello rolled into one. As the Mekhet issued her other greetings, Twist noted the look given to Conner. Well. It seemed that the Priscus wasn't the only one...

A smile flickered briefly at Connor OBrien , The Lady Notary is well deserving of her prestige in the city. I am glad you were able to meet with her already and handle everything." It was the truth. It was so nice to have new arrivals acknowledgments handled promptly. Of course, it did help when they came simply to see new sights.

Further conversation was cut short as the prey JC finally moved, choosing the group she was with. A bold choice. But then again, both options had been such.

"I am well, thank you for asking," she began but then paused as Jacque entered court. Shifting to him, Twist dropped her second curtsy of the evening. Neither as deep nor held as long as the one offered to Ale, it was nonetheless the only other curtsy she would grant this evening. Rising she resumed, asking the polite follow up expected. "Yourself?"

For a moment she considered ignoring the apology offered her way. Especially when it caveated into discussion of his covenants history in the domain. But it was Court and she had come to play nice tonight. Turning to Conner she waved a hand through the air, "We have had the occasional member of the Lancea Sanctum come through Sacramento. I believe occasionally they have even had more than one and a Mass was held for those who wished to participate." From her tone it was clear that while she wasn't against the second estate, neither could she be considered a believer. "As far as what they have left behind," her shrug was dismissive, "I couldn't say."

She didn't mean to be unhelpful. But she doubted there was anyone at Court who could actually provide more information. After all ... hadn't the last one to come through ended his time in Sacramento after threatening the domain with action from the covenant from another city?
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Milton looked to be trying to ingratiate himself with the Prince. The way the Ventrue talked of real estate it was surprising he wasn’t already part of the Invictus. However, he remembered what Quinn had said. Faithless. JC didn’t know what she meant by that, but he trusted her more than his impression of Milton at this point.

The newly arrived Seneschal began conversing with Helen. Doubt he even notices my bow. The Gangrel gave proper acknowledgement to the arrived court official. Though Helen did seem to be a good conversationalist.

However, there was only so much attention he could pay to those outside his current (rather large) sphere.

For a moment, JC thought O’Brien was going to attack. And for a moment JC felt his beast rise to the danger. Obvious boxing experience or not. Great, another handsome face to try not and punch. At least the accent was something to latch on to drag his mind away from protective intentions took hold. "It's good to meet you Mister. O'Brien."

Wells still seemed to be getting his feet. And still being corrected pretty constantly by Quinn. Though before too much pity could be felt, he checked himself. Remembering that he stood at about the same position in the eyes of his own Priscus.

"I'm doing well, your Grace," he responded to the most important person present. Still, he hesitated to engage further. Both from reminding himself of his current position in the eyes of others, as well as his interest as things turned to the Lancea. He'd yet had a chance to talk with any of the covenant.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

11. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn listened to Archon Twist as she spoke. Finding herself enjoying Twist's company, the same as she had in her first nights of the domain, when she had happened upon Twist downtown.
    She found herself turning a little towards her as she continued to speak. She heard the others of course, she wasn't deaf, but she heard Twist's words above them. Like a more pleasant melody in a song that keeps repeating in your mind long after you heard it.

For a brief moment her mind wandered to the night at the gentlemen's club and the fuck, marry, kill confession she shared with Maeve. The barest ghost of a smile upturning a corner of her full lips, and her gazed moved down from Twist's delicate features, and down and back up a moment. Just a brief elevator eye. Taking in the delicate beauty that promised a delivery on that seductive presence. Quinn realized she was lingering over long and looked to Conner and nodded once to him in encouragement, letting him know she approved of this new change of subject. Bringing her back to the conversation at hand and her babysitting duties. She stifled a sigh.

She smiled ever so slightly at Mr. Obrien as he confessed though not as grand a city skyline he was still enjoying Sacramento. That was good to hear. Jennifer deserved some good recruits. The loss of Alice hit more than one way in the domain, and Quinn's gaze lowered a moment as she felt a pang of loss. She then lifted her gaze to Jacque a moment, and hoped he would be able to fill her shoes admirably. The anxiety of that was real to Quinn, as noticing that Jennifer wasn't in Elysium. She had never spent a night in the Nox without Jennifer there as well. It felt strange, though she was aware of her schedule right now. There was no alarm, just simply ill ease with lots of changes in a small span of time.

She smiled to J.C as he made his pleasantries and inquired softly. "Perhaps you and I could take a trip to the Crone Farm after we wrap up this nasty business with the bodies dropping in the domain? A reward for wrapping up the investigations?" She suggested slightly, her smile stepping up a notch. "I want to see it, and I've enjoyed working with you so much I thought a social outing would be pleasant as well. We would have to ask Ms. Wood of course...."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor nodded his head as Archon Twist spoke, and seeing no more to add to the conversation he sort of faded into the background as she moved on to other Kindred more familiar to her. It was expected for now, he was new to the domain and had done nothing of note yet. His eyes darted from conversation to conversation, taking in little tidbits here and there as he listened. While it was hard to blend in to most crowds, there were plenty here with an equal or even greater beauty than his own, and people knew them already. This was a moment to listen and learn, and he intended to take it.

The Nosferatu returned Quinn's small smile, but otherwise kept quiet. It was rude to barge into the conversation of others, of course, but more than that he wanted to hear about the goings on in the Domain, to hear if there was anything he could do to make a name for himself. Such was the duality of Kindred society. It didn't matter how much power you held over the Kine beneath you, or how much money you could amass in the many life times you were able to live; You still had nothing unless you had a name and status within your current domain.

So for now, the Haunt would do what Haunts do best and be a figure in the back. Listening. Waiting.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist was impressed. While she knew that the safest bet to not getting in further social trouble was so very often just silence, it was exceedingly rare to have others realize it.

Perhaps Quinn and Jennifer's new charges would make it more than a moon's passing after all.

A general smile was offered to JC Smith , "I am glad to hear that."

And then there was the look from Quinn Durant . It may have been brief but Twist was Daeva. She knew that look. Knew it in her blood and bones no matter how quickly it had been. Twist didn't move and yet, in an instant she was different. She had never not been the Priscus of the Daeva but now she was that first, Judex and Hound shifting back. Fully aware and proud of who she was, it was almost as though she was suddenly ... posing. And yet, there were professional models who dreamed of being able to achieve what she did in an instant without seeming to move. Dark eyes sparkled as a smile teased at the corners of her lips as she watched Quinn pull her gaze back to the men in their group.

Bodies dropping in the domain? That didn't sound good. She was tempted to ask about it, but it sounded a bit like work. And she was no longer in the mood for work.

"The Farm?" She interjected lightly, curiosity in her voice. "I doubt that Miss Woods would deny either of you but I will admit to being curious at the appeal..."

Quinn was a Dragon. And the Farm was, as she had noted, Crone. Perhaps JC was interested in the Circle? But if so, why was a Dragon being the one to pave his way?
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

15. Likes pisces liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner notes Twists' neutral stance on the Lancea's presence in the Domain. At least he wouldn't count on much opposition from her. And even if she couldn't offer more information than that, at least now he knew there had been some record of the Covenant's work. Maybe there's a record of where the Masses were held? But who would best know that?
    Now that he wasn't in imminent danger given that the Prince isn't focused on me and Quinn was appeased for the moment Conner couldn't help but admire Twist in person. She really was the epitome of the Succubi: unearthly grace combined with savage, ferocious hunger. He's about to ask her another question when he notices Quinn giving Twist a quick but concentrated look.
    4 successes

Wait? Is she giving Twist a once-over? There's a brief moment of indignant rage at Quinn ogling a Court Official in mixed company, given his own browbeating over what happened with Maeve. But he noted two distinct differences: first, Quinn was being subtle about it; and second, Twist apparently noticed and appreciated it. Oh, if there had been blood in Conner's veins right now...
    Oh for God's sake, quit it! This is not what you need right now! Just think of her those T-Rex in Jurassic Park: as long as you're not horny she won't pay attention to you. And you do NOT need more attention right now!
    Desperately trying not to focus on the pair of smooth lips, cold eyes, and supernaturally strong bodies in present company, Conner went as still as he could. Quinn's nod was a relief; for once he'd done something right. So he'd turn to the best distraction he knew: obscure occult knowledge.
    "I'll have to look into that. Perhaps there is some record of previous Masses and where they were held?" He offers a grateful nod to Twist, thankful that he'd finally found his one step forward.
    Then Quinn references the Circle, and there's a part of him that wants to shudder.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

17. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread