Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2106) Little and Large

Jun 1, 2021 : (2106) Eternal Seasons
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole raises an eyebrow when the lean Ogre move's swiftly to intercept him.

"Eh?"

His brow furrows further as his other eyebrow raises in surprise.

"Ah. I see! Liam was it? Yes. I've seen you around myself."

He takes the Liam's offered hand eagerly, his gnarled fist strong and scarred. His head tilted and his eyes narrowed, mouth firming.

"Question, eh? What kind of question."
    Liam Gelt BoxingUnicorn

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam now had a closer look at the Dwarf; his skin marked with cracks and burns as if he'd been standing in a furnace. But his grip was firm and his eyes had an inquisitive twinkle to them that the Giant couldn't help but find appealing, so his fire-fear was pushed into the back of his subconscious.
    "I'd be surprised if you didn't." He allowed himself a chuckle at his own expense. "I was actually curious if you were the go-to guy for bar functions at the Coronations. I've been building up my bartending skills and was curious if you needed an extra pair of hands." He stretches the hands in question, skin color rippling between a deep deciduous green and hearty brown. "There hasn't really been a lot of action, thankfully, so I thought I'd make myself useful in other ways."
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

"Hey," he said a nod and grunt "Hope I'm not interrupting. Thought, I'd join you." So that he didn't have to worry about saying or doing some wrong else where.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

A hearty chuckle bubbles from the wizened's mouth, so much so he has to hide it behind a chunky fist.

"Hah! Eh! Oh no. No no no. I can see how you could think that... But no."

He looks carefully about (for any Spring Courtier's wandering too close) before shuffling closer to the Gargantuan.

"See. It started with me wanting a drink at a previous Spring Coronation. There was no one running the bar, so I had to duck behind it so I could get at the best whisky. Now a couple of goodly people followed me and I ended up pouring their drinks - seeing I'm such a genial fellow - and all of a sudden I get myself a reputation. For a while even the Emerald Court seemed to think I was the barman! Of their Courtly Tavern!"

He wiggled both of his bushy eyebrows in a clumsy display of expression.

"Ha! You want to work the bar my friend, you do it! Sounds like you'll know what you are doing!"

And then his smile gained a malicious cast.

"Oh trouble is coming! Be ready!"

The look of malice faded, dropped first into a blank expression which then softened into a respectful countenance as a second Summer Courtier joined them.

"Ram! Welcome!"

7. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam had bent down more to Anatole's level as the Dwarf relayed his thrilling tale, the whole time taking in the story with the practiced enthusiasm of someone who'd heard complete strangers relate their life stories over a pint. But this time, he was genuinely enthralled. Upon hearing Anatole's conclusion, the Giant erupts with sonorous laughter before quickly catching himself.
    "Wow! That's hilarious." He offers the Dwarf a confidential wink. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me."
    "Alright! I think I will. Thanks Anatole." He offers a comical head bow. "I'll be sure to keep your legacy at the bar alive."
    Seeing his compatriot's grimace surprised Liam, but then Ram came by and it fell out of the Ogre's memory. So Dwarves make funny faces. So what? It's probably his way of showing affection.
    "No worries, Ram. Always a pleasure."
    He offers the Render a pat on the shoulder; he seemed a bit out of sorts, so the Giant wanted to make sure his friend felt welcome. "I was just talking to Anatole here about the Summer Coronation. I think I'm going to try my hand at bartending the event."

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

“Trouble? You talking about Frances?” It was the first thing to come to his mind before he even thought to realize that it could be something else entirely like the coronation.

He rubbed his neck.

“Really?” he hadn’t heard anything about doing a bar. “You talked with Circe?”

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

"Who is Frances?"

Anatole's face darkened, almost by reflex. With effort he smoothes out his features and looks between the two Ogre's.

"She a mutual acquaintance?"

He harumphed.

"I've been busy with my own projects and patrols. Looking out rather than looking in."

His explanation did not suit his tastes and it showed. Same as his apparent lack of knowledge of the comings and goings of the Freehold itself.

Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam's bark-skin face twists in a grimace of confusion. "Frances? I don't think I've met her."
    Was she another Lost? How many of us are there in this city?
    So many Annes and Franceses and Rileys to keep track of now.
    "Oh, not really." Ram's question about Circe prompts an embarrassed slouch from the Giant. "That would probably be a good idea. I'll have to get in touch with her about that request. Do you know if she has a phone?" Dumb question, he knows; but the years in Arcadia can do something to a Lost's technological mind. He himself used a brick of a phone simply because his fingers couldn't handle those tiny keyboards or touch screens.
    Anatole's mention of patrols gets Liam's Ogreish mind-gears turning. Patrols? Does he mean that Anne character? The one Rhodes talked about? He feels a bit confidential about his run-in with Circe, Rhodes, and John last Funderland. Would Sera be disappointed in him basically agreeing to help out with a Hedge invasion?

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Aaaand he’d stepped in it. Tried to get away by not talking with Titania or Sonnie only to end up bringing it up himself. Damn he was bad at this.

“She’s, uh… was my supervisor. Like… regular Funderland guard crew supervisor.”
    Yeah the park was closed and it was only them but the remnants of Freehold slang clung on even in these conversations. “She was wearing a cursed necklace that was hurting her.” Making her go insane? He wasn’t sure how to phrase it since he didn’t really know what it had been doing to her. “So… I broke it… by grabbing it off her neck.” He scratched the base of his horns “Might be enough for a law suit,” he mumbled shamefully. Talking about one of his less than stellar moments was not why he’d come here but he’d run head first into it anyway like the dumb Ogre he was. Worst of all, which he didn’t mention, was that it hadn’t even worked. Or that maybe he was imagining the whole thing.

Desperate to turn this onto happier (or at least not focused on his mistakes) topics, the Render tried to put more interest on literally anything else.

“Patrols and projects? Like Hedge stuff?” he asked the Wizened, steamrolling over the man’s expression of distaste.

“And yeah, she’s got a phone. I can give you the number. But if you are planning to help, you should contact her soon. Got less than a month till the coronation.”

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole grunted. Then shrugged. Then grunted again.

"Maybe. Maybe not. For what its worth you probably did the right thing. While some cursed objects do work off of... ah... sympathy, many more do need a physical connection. So you breaking the necklace may have worked. Best keep that object secure and not on your person. You know - in case the curse simply transfers itself to you."

He knuckled his moustaches.

"Yes. Been working a few patrols. As for the other stuff - turning seed money into a pile of cash and learning how to make investments work for me. Getting close to an end goal now. We'll see how that works out: what I'm thinking of requires a lot of resources and you could say I'm still sorting through all the angles."

His grin was mysterious.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread