Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Air Plants

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 16, 2021 : Rosie's Opening Party
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John stepped outside and as soon as he was through the threshold it was maybe one percent of what it was like when he'd stepped outside of her domain for the first time. It was one of the best feelings in the world, just a sudden lifting of weight, a burden relieved in a moment just as soon as you had space. John wasn't claustrophobic but he'd spent so much time cramped inside with people and even more of that that he couldn't remember still.

He just took this time to enjoy the night air his hands reaching into his inner pockets to begin that all to familiar ritual. That ritual that helped to ground him, to remind him he was out, he was free, and he was ok. He tried to be as courteous as possible, positioning himself so the smoke wouldn't drift inside. He took a deep drag and blew the smoke into the air and let all that anxiety slowly start to drift away.

Continued from Rosie's Opening Party...

Goes by the name: John

2. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra makes her way outside and is somewhat startled when she sees John smoking. "Oh, hey, John. I'd wondered where you'd gone off to. Sorry if I'm interrupting the you time," Always the implication of the singular. It feels weird to be getting used to acting this way in public, but as the months move along, it does get easier and easier. The acting part anyway; her heart still aches. "Nice suit, by the way." Yes, awkward sets for good too. Looking over his suit though, she has the temptation to either get it altered or simply get him one that fits correctly. It isn't as if she hasn't the money for it. And she is more than aware that he doesn't.

"I can't believe so many people have managed to squeeze into there," she says quietly. It was crowded and she had been feeling stuffed up, like walking through might mean she'd have to accidentally touch people just to escape. She hoped Gerrit wouldn't be too overwhelmed.

"How's your night been thus far?" She couldn't remember if he'd done any work tonight or if he had more to do later.

Continued from Rosie's Opening Party...

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"Needed an excuse to get outside, too many people too small a space." She saw a visible shudder run down his spine. He was still very bad with large crowds of people, add in strangers to the mix and it was even worse. Gerrit had to play host and he couldn't just go and use Cassandra as his anchor either lest it cast suspicions. The Ice Law got its due. He thought as he took a long drag on the cigarette until he could feel his lungs burn before letting it all out.

"Thanks, but after wearing the formal one it just doesn't even feel the same. They say the suit makes the man, I think I get that now after having worn the nicest thing I've ever worn in my life." He couldn't help but smile and laugh, though he hadn't moved any closer keeping his distance as he enjoyed his cigarette. Not that distance was even what he wanted.

"Better now that I don't feel like I'm trapped. I know I wasn't, I know I should work on getting over it. Ever hear of a neurotic therapist?" He couldn't help but laugh and shake his head, fear and self-doubt ever present in the King of Sorrows.

6. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram moved out of the doorway and more fully onto the sidewalk.

He still felt like he was taking up too much space but at least no more women would hiss at him. Probably.

"Soooo," he gave a big sigh, still recovering from his mistake "What's up?" Damn, that sounded stupid.

He began to examine the plants in the hopes that it would help him feel less awkward.

Attachment 5824
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

8. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra can't help but offer him a comforting smile, though all she wants to do is reach out for him, take him into her arms and kiss away the anxiety. Though, even without the Ice Law, she'd probably only get away with a hug in such a public place. Sneaking away would always be their thing. Or hiding in plain sight, it seems.

"I don't know how so many people could fit in there. It must be like the Tardis or something." She lets out a bit of a chuckle, "I know..." it's really all she had to say, acknowledging how it all affects him. Like before, all she can think of is how much she's in love with this man, and it makes her heart ache a little watching him, the anxious shivers running up his spine as he smokes to cope with it all.

"I think Neurotic is a pre-requisite to being a therapist, d-don't you know?" Not a slip. Not a slip at all. She wasn't about to call him dear at all. She can't help but think about the fact that she hasn't said it yet. That he hasn't said it yet. It isn't the time for it, but it's something so difficult to help thinking about constantly. "Maybe consider exposure therapy? Just slowly working up to it." Her voice is very soft, not wanting to grab the attention of others. Thankfully, that is what the Nix inside is for, right?

Ram comes outside and realizes that she forgot she'd invited him out to chat. Though, she'll admit that part of it was freeing up some space, because they were all taking up so much of it. Gerrit needed some room to host. Plus, she wanted to chat with Ram about athletic things. Honestly, seems like the best person to ask.

"Hey, I figured we should get some time to chat. Besides you and the new ones, outside of hiking, we don't really talk." She offers a kind smile, "How have you been doing?"

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

John was used to it at this point, those skittish nerves that told him to run and hide. The pressure that came with it and so he took another drag of his cigarette just a little more of that anxiety melting away. Cassandra’s presence and voice doing a lot to make him forget all about it. He just looked to the side and offered her a sideways glance and smile. The stutter caused a brow to raise though, she wasn’t normally one to stumble over her words like he did. He grew concerned, wondering if everything was ok.

“You might be right there. Guess I’ll find out in short order.” When she said exposure therapy, he couldn’t help but crook his face into a sarcastic smile and wave at the door as smoke trailed from his fingertips, then he cocked his head and smiled. He wasn’t sure the stern looking Asian woman had even seen him, he wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t as the shadows around him pulled in at his feet and seem to want to envelope the darkling.

Ram came out after that, he offered him a small wave as he took another drag as he watched Vivian leave with an arm full of plants. Seemed like it had just been a shopping trip for the Summer Elemental. James stayed quiet as Cassandra spoke to Ram, he didn’t want to be rude and interrupt besides he wouldn’t have asked anything different in the moment so he stood there in the shadows of the building quietly smoking his cigarette.

11. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram… felt like they talked…

Maybe not as much as Gerrit and him but they lived together. Although now that he thought about it, they also tended to spend long periods without really any long conversations. Maybe she felt like he was neglecting her. Which made him feel guilty because he considered Cassandra to be one of his closest friends.

“Let’s see. Been up to a lot. Been working at setting up stuff in the backyard for me and my fellow hotheads. Added a meditation area to it recently. Umm, what else?

“Trying to help out my shift lead of my guard job at Funderland. She hasn’t been doing well recently. Can’t get her to want to accept help. Then there’s the upcoming shift change for Summer that I’m helping Mary with.” That sounded normal enough, right? ”And, uh, been looking at different gyms. Trying to find one that has everything I want. And, uh,” he’d just been through this with Gerrit, he knew there was more “Oh! Been getting in good with some construction crews, do odd jobs and the like. Hoping when the time comes they can help Sarah with a project she’s got planned.”

"What about you two?" he didn't want to leave out John "Up to anything since our sleep over?"

13. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra is genuinely surprised at all the Render has been up to, "Wow, you sure have been busy. A meditation space? That seems really cool. You seem to be doing really well Andrew. If you need anything though, don't hesitate to ask, okay?" Her smile is genuine and friendly.

"What have I been up to?"
    Quite a heck of a lot, actually. "Well, I've actually gotten into archery. I'm wanting to become someone who can take care of themselves, you know? I always feel like I'm the person taking either taking a backseat or just doing the talking." She smiles a bit more, "Classes and private lessons. I do need to find a gym to start working out in though. If you find a good one, I'd love to know about it." She figures this is a good topic for him to be able to expand on, given his interests.

"Oh! And I also got a kitten. Her name is Aria. She is a precious little snuggle ball." It is obvious just how happy she is about that. There is a bright glow to her and her mask just reflects her happiness in the brightness of her smile. Perhaps there is even a little more warmth to the sun in her mantle. Of course, there is a lot more that is contributing to just how happy she is.

There is also a happiness there that John is actually acknowledged being there. Perhaps the sleepover helped with that. She gazes over at John then, curious what he'll say that he's been up to. She thinks she has a pretty good idea of what he'll say, but that doesn't stop the curiosity.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

John stood there smoking his cigarette, expecting Ram and Cassandra to have a conversation as he stood in the shadows. It wasn’t like he was hiding but he was so used to being hidden that when Ram said two he looked up, a quizzical expression on his face, cigarette dangling from his lips as he did a quick look around. Not seeing anyone else standing there he took that as confirmation he was the second in reference. Then he realized that they were waiting for his answer.

“Me? Aside from the usual? Going back to school so I can get my license, trying to understand my new role in life.” He gave a laugh at that, there had been so many changes to his life lately that it was hard even for him to figure out which one he was talking about now. All of them. Yea, all of them. “Can’t really say I know anything about working out or archery. I'm personally ok staying in the back seat.” Thin fingers holding the lit cigarette as he took a drag and shrugged, smoke billowing up into the sky.

“I remember that, can’t wait to see what the place looks like once they’re done. Wonder what’s going to fill that space, you know?” Though this had been the first he’d heard that Circe hadn’t been doing well and his head cocked to the side. “Sorry to hear that, well if she isn’t willing to ask for help maybe a surprise is in order?” His lips curling up into a smile, that was the nice kind of surprise like coming home and seeing that thing you needed to do was already done.

16. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram gave a happy grin at Cassandra’s praise. “I think it’s pretty cool. Thought it would help next time a group of people at work wanted to meditate as a group. Since, you know, we haven’t had a dedicated set up before.” Okay, that felt a bit weird to say but he couldn’t explain he’d gotten it for dreamwalking purposes here.

“Well archery won’t solve the backseat issue,”
    he laughed. Wait was that mean to say? “But it’s an amazing skill to have.” Even if Ram himself was not one for ranged attacks, he couldn’t deny their use when on your side or annoyance when used by others.

“Been to a couple gyms so far. Trying to find on that has the most of what I want. What are you looking for in a gym? Might be able to make a recommendation right now.” Another grin.

“A kitten?!” a battle cheer could be heard in the distance “That sounds adorable. What's she look like? How old is she?” Ram might worry about breaking small creatures but that didn’t mean he couldn’t also find them precious and cute.

“License?” It occurred to Ram that he didn’t really know what John did as his ‘usual’ “Like university? Or trade school?” he asked. Though maybe John didn’t want to talk about it. Winters could be like that.

The Ogre couldn’t explain that he wasn’t talking about the restaurant but maybe this was an opportunity “You should talk to her about it privately. She’s got a lot of plans beyond just new extra space and I know she’d like you involved with some of them.” Blunt yet frustratingly vague. The curse of talking Changeling business in public.

“Maybe,” he replied uncertainly to the suggestion of a surprise, not realizing they were talking about two different people.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread