Ended
Watch

Frisbee in the Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Apr 15, 2020 : Warm Day in the Park
Public movie night at the bookstore
Jun 21, 2021 - Jul 22, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Of course she is awakened! why wouldn't she be? he thought with a mental smirk. The universe did seem to have a way of putting extraordinary people together. In fact the coffee shop was the only place Mordechai could remember in recent history that wasn't filled with supernatural beings of some kind excepting him and Kaze.

Since everyone was sharing Mordechai felt he should show the group some love and join in. "I, um also went to college. Got a degree in mortuary services." he said more for popsicle's sake then any of the others whom he was sure had already heard his story. "Journalism is an interesting field" He said to Puck. "If I wasn't drawn in a different direction, I could have seen myself pursuing that. Do you work in the field now? He asked realizing that he didn't really know anything about the councilor.

To Guru, Mordechai parroted Kaze as he asked "Ever think about going back? It's never too late and I am sure with your, extra skills, it would be a breeze." He tried to sound encouraging. Mordechai realized that in the scheme of the universe and everything, A little piece of paper recognition hardly mattered but there was that tiny sliver of personal value and pride in accomplishment that made the whole thing worth while.

Mordechai smiled at Kaze name dilemma. There is a man who needs three names. <color=white><i>Let's just hope he doesn't forget which is the real him and which are the mask.<i></color>

To Corn he said "Bookstores are some of my favorite places in the world. Going to be sad when they don't exist anymore." Oh he knew it would be decades possibly even a century or two before bookstores closed their doors to existence but the writing was on the wall, Eulogy was nothing if not attuned to the flow of entropy and digital media and environmental impact have a stranglehold on the printed word. It was only a matter of time. "I miss blockbuster" he said.

He shook his head and pulled himself out of his funk. To Corn he responded but gave Kaze with a knowing look
    "Movie nights seem to be a really popular thing at the moment. I remember another conversation with a group of people wanting to get together. Maybe you should invite those people from the cafe?" He said with a hint of mischievousness.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (mercurial)
    Striking Looks (mesmerizing)
    Popsicle

NIMBUS:
    FATA MORGANA - several stacked up duplicates of Popsicle seem to drag along behind her and ahead of her in what might be future actions. The images superimpose on each other until they become indiscernible.

+2
    SL
    PRE

”Ahhhh, the Guru and the Kaze!” She whispers back to Puck. It all made sense now. Karma.

Popsicle follows the interaction with the vape with interest and notices when Guru stores it away.
    ”Don’t worry, Puck and I only said nice stuff about both of you.” She hints to Guru and Kaze and winks at Puck. Apparently the mood had shifted back to friendly banter.

”The hot sauce thing, was it enough to discourage you?” The question hangs in the air briefly hinting at something before the Acanthus picks it up again.

“Must have been difficult, all those spices…?” Why skip the opportunity to give Guru a bit of his own poison? ”… I was hoping to get invited for some chili but I assume the recipes you do don't include spicy food?” Her head turns in disappointment as she snickers at Guru's expense.

When Mordecai mentions mortuary services. ”Cool, now that’s something I never thought about as a job...” It was a strange occupation but for sure there were all these amazing stories... ”You ever had one of your clients waking up during the funeral from a prolonged coma? I mean, imagine all those elderly people feinting and the priest evoking the miracles!?!" crazy stuff could happen, no? If it happened in the movies for sure it had already happened before.

”I’m in for movie night.” She finally states flatly, as long as everyone showed up it should be fun.
    health: willpower: mana:

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"What would you like to watch, Popsicle?" Corn asked. "And I was hoping you would counter with an offer to play boardgames, Kaze ." Corn joked. "Popsicle said she hasn't done much except Denja and shots which we can also do. Counts as a boardgame for me. We have to do it a night that Maria is out of the city though, I don't want her to see me drunk a couple of months before the wedding. It would significantly affect my Bachelor Party allowance."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nah, I just don't think it'll hurt anything right now." He chuckled casually at Kaze's remark and encouraging his follow up to Corn by pointing at him for emphhasis. "Well shit that's an excellent offer bud. Though I'm more likely to come out for movies than board games, but shit, if my schedule allows I don't see why I wouldn't try." It was all about new experiences after all right?

He didn't shift or fidget as much as usual, the pen having relaxed his body and mind for now. He didn't know Kaze went to college for football, he could see it though he had a strong jaw and he'd seen him both take hits and move. He gave a slow nod of understanding as Eulogy's question caused him to look over, eyes narrowed in thought as he waffled with it. "Eh, no, not really. It would just be a piece of paper at this point, I don't need recognition, I just need the knowledge and I learned all of it the hard way." Trial, error, and a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and most importantly time.

He had to agree with Popsy that it was definitely not one of the standard choices, another instance where maybe a strong tie to Death brought him through? It was always interesting, he'd maybe have to get that story sometime, in private, and sober. Sober being optional if it wasn't going to be entirely academic. He brought a hand up and rubbed at his neck as Popsy asked her question. "No. It's just. When you're drinking you don't want to add something in that can cause an esophageal response. Messy ending. But if you want spicy chili I can certainly make some, you like lentils at all?"

"Fucking shame about that, it would have been an awesome name. Decided fully on one yet or waiting until you get your SAG credits before you even finalize it?" Then shrugging off Popsy's comment about not saying anything bad, besides himself and Kaze there wasn't any other apostates since he hadn't seen B.R. around, he hoped she was ok but more importantly he hoped she found some sort of peace.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck couldn't help but laugh at Kaze's hipster response to the book club. He almost asked what the Obrimos was reading, not that he would've heard of it either way. Of course the book club wasn't a literal book club, but Puck totally missed that metaphor. Bright side? They were all invited to movie night.

"I'm game for movie night." It never hurts to make friends. Especially when you're locked in a war for reality against cosmic enslavers and ravenous Lovecraftian horrors. The more the merrier for that sort of thing.

"I'm a reporter for the Sacramento Bee."
    He says to Eulogy. The Moros own studies certainly explained his path and shadow name, and he couldn't help but wonder if they inspired Eulogy's awakening or were inspired. Questions for a Sanctuary visit. "I do business reporting. Industry shifts, public works, big government contracts. That sort of thing. I only started recently there, but I've enjoyed it so far."

And he was starting to meet people, and knowing plenty of Sleeper people was great for finding other Awakened people. See cosmic enslavers for more details.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles as Corn works his way around talking about magic world things in code. He nods in agreement when Corn says they should do a movie thing. "I think for movies...the bookstore would probably be better, if you feel like it'd be okay to use it." Kaze suggests casually.

He really didn't see Phoenyx or especially Winter appreciating using the Circle for a casual party kind of thing like a movie marathon with snacks and popcorn. Besides, maybe he could bring Jenna if it was in a normal, non-magic setting. Maybe Corn could bring his fiance too, though Kaze wasn't going to be the one to bring that up.

It's interesting to see Eulogy kind of asserting himself a little, especially after he showed he knew the rules in the last Consilium. Kaze feels like he knows the answer to what he asks Puck, but maybe not. The questions are interesting.

Kaze watches and listens as Guru is asked by Eulogy about going back to finish a degree. What does Guru want? Kaze is curious now.

He keeps his composure and doesn't let himself wince as Eulogy basically writes out an epitaph for brick and mortar bookstores, with Corn standing right there, and working at one. Or does he?

"Wow. That's a great idea!" Kaze exclaims when Eulogy suggests inviting people they met in the neighborhood to a movie night. Who knows, maybe it could be good for the bookstore too, like an exposure thing! He turns to Corn, "So, how about it? Like make it a bookstore event? Maybe tie in like movies from books? Invite, you know, all kinds of people?" He asks hopefully. He'd really love to invite Jenna!

Kaze grins at Popsicle's obvious playful banter with Puck, that sounds like it somehow has something to do with him and Guru? Weird. Him and Guru...he doesn't feel like they have much in common that people would link them together.

Kaze nods and grins when Guru asks if he has a name picked out for his official, working name in movies or whatever he can get. "Yeah, I got something. I don't want to jinx it tho, so I'm not saying anything 'til the paperwork clears." He says with a grin like the cat with the canary. He can keep a secret!

"Oh wow." Kaze says when Puck says he's actually working for the city paper. The Sacramento Bee was serious. And besides, it seems like Puck is the only mage he knows with a real job, like working for a company with an HR department and everything!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As silence drags and conversations stall a sudden growl rumbles forth into the void. Puck is hungry and the summer heat alone won't alleviate that hunger.

​"That's my cue to skidoo." He unscrews the lid to his bottle and takes a long drag. "Great seeing y'all again though. Maybe I'll see some of you around?"

And with that the Enchanter is off!

Six days of no posting and the scene closes tomorrow anyway. Puck exits the scene.

13. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

To Eulogy 's suggestion of a neighborhood movie night, Corn showed interest and approval - at first.
    "That is indeed an interesting and potentially useful idea. I would like that." But then, he made a small frown. "On the other hand, movies are a bookstore's worse enemy. And the bookstore's room that I have in mind, even if we remove the table, could sport perhaps a score of people comfortably. Thinking of it though, as I like the idea ... " what was Mord's name? It has slipped him again. "... my friend, we could have a movie night based on a popular book - that we would conveniently have around for people to buy for their kids or friends etc. And the exposure would not harm us anyway. "
    When Kaze seems supportive of the idea, Corn nods. "Sounds good, then. I will talk to my boss. Do you have people you want to invite?"

if Puck is still here, Corn would comment positively on a reporter for the local news
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

15. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Corn's cautious proceeding with the idea. "Everyone here, and...yeah. There's someone I've been dating. I'll ask her. I hope she can come." He says, grinning. "And, hey. I don't know, was 'Die Hard' based on a book?" He seems to be seriously asking.

Thanks everyone for a fun and awesome scene! If we don't get anymore posts in before we close this, look for a movie night Shard or something!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

17. Likes Shane liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Thank you for the wonderful and fascinating scene!

Everyone from this scene is invited to the resulting movie night at a bookstore at an unspecified night in the future!

Open Scene Public movie night at the bookstore (nwod.org)

19. Likes Shane liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread