Ended
Watch

Frisbee in the Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Apr 15, 2020 : Warm Day in the Park
Public movie night at the bookstore
Jun 21, 2021 - Jul 22, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

As the weather in Sacramento turns to picnics and other pre Memorial Day activities, Kaze heads out to a local park, a familiar one, actually, where he first met Skye, and where Aurora's been known to do yoga.

He brings a couple frisbees, and finds a nice open spot of neatly trimmed grass between--but shaded by--groupings of trees.

Kaze tries some experimental tosses, working on some of the basics that he's rusty at, but has been improving the supporting hand-eye coordination as he's studied archery.

First, for distance:
    Sux doubled distance for an aerodynamic object.

4 successes

That was fun! Now, more control, trying for accuracy and touch:

2 successes

Yeah, that's what he has to practice, getting his touch back, not just brute strengthing it.

He takes a deep breath, enjoying the sunlight on his skin--he's wearing flip flops, denim shorts and a solid gray, cotton tank top--and the smell of freshly cut grass.

Now, he thinks as he walks around gathering up his frisbees for another round of tossing, if only someone wanted to play catch and toss them back to him....
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Xander, Damaged Goods, , Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai found himself wandering aimlessly through a park. The sun was shining, the breeze was cooling and temperature mild. He had decided to eschew his normal clothing and opted to wear a Hawaiian shirt, khaki cargo shorts with sandals and a tan straw fedora.

He enjoyed the feeling of walking through the park and used his time to take in all the activity. It seemed to him all the various stages of life were collected into one space for him to witness. From the children running, playing, filled with unreserved energy. To the young lovers sitting on a blanket exploring the sensation of each otherness. To the elderly couple snuggling on a bench, comfortable in their easy embrace and years of experience. There was even a man with a Frisbee.

Wait is that.....Yes I think it is. He thought as he spied Kaze. He watched the other mage throw the Frisbee with a skill he knew was beyond him. Again envious of the Obrimos' athleticism. Some people just have it all, don't they?' came the unbidden thought. Eulogy wasn't green-eyed enough to let his thoughts sway his attitude toward the other mage. Guess I should go say hi.

He approached Kaze and when he was close enough he called out "Hey, Chris. ahh, nice throw."
    • Member of the Caretakers.

4. Likes Xander, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey! Mordechai!" Kaze calls out, grinning! "Catch!" The fit mage shouts, aiming a second frisbee to where it will hopefully be easy for the mortician to catch and throw back!

2 successes

The frisbee stays on target, not too hard, and in the area of Eulogy's hands!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

​"Hey Mordechai..Catch" Such a simple statement to most, but to Mordechai it was magical for suddenly he was transported back in time. Gone was park which filled him with joy in it's place a gymnasium. Lines newly painted separating one half of the the basketball court from the other.

On one side stood the shirts. Thirty or so boys clumped together eyes glistening with unrestrained hatred, Nostrils flaring and teeth bared in malice.

On the other side stood the skins, an equal number of boys who embodied the same level of aggression and disdain. The kill or be killed attitude. Mordechai found himself in this group.

without warning a whistle blew and with it cam a rapid fire barrage of hurtling rubber. "Hey Morechai Catch!" and time slowed, the orb of death streaked toward the boy. It's aim true. There was nothing at all he could do to prevent the impact.

THUNK!

PAIN!

The young Mordechai dropped to his knees clutching himself. Barely registering the laughter of the other children through the haze.

failure

The Frizbee collided with Mordechai. The one in a million throw could not have been aimed more perfectly as if all the stars in the sky aligned and all the fates conspired to bring him pain. He flinched at the impact letting out a sudden rush of air and doubling over.
    "Ow!" was all he could manage.

8. Likes Xander, Aeolus, Shane, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (mercurial)
    Striking Looks (mesmerizing)
    Popsicle

NIMBUS:
    FATA MORGANA - several stacked up duplicates of Popsicle seem to drag along behind her and ahead of her in what might be future actions. The images superimpose on each other until they become indiscernible.

+2
    SL
    PRE

”Ouch!” The Acanthus winces, sympathetic to the guy in the Hawaiian shirt. For a moment her expression was of serious concern and she approaches – her jog in the park interrupted.

”Want me to call the paramedics?” The young girl holds her caring expression for a moment longer but then it crumbles and she chuckles lightly in friendly banter.

”Sorry, really.” Apologizing for laughing at someone else’s expense, was she rubbing salt in the wound? Finally Popsicle extends her hand to help the man stand.

Ahead of Mordecai was an attractive young girl in her early twenties wearing a jogging attire consisting of a radioactive pink shirt and sports bra, black shorts and running shoes. There were some drops of sweat running downwards from her forehead to her cheeks and chin.

”I don’t think I would have done much better…” That was an obvious lie, the tone of her voice in the fuzzy border that could hint either at the continuation of the friendly spat or a flat apology.

”I’m Popsicle." Green mesmerizing eyes pause for a moment and the Apostate finally drops to pick the frisbee and then stands, looking towards the man to blame… then she looks back to the stranger in the Hawaiian shirt.

”Should we punish him for this? I think together we can.” A conspiratorial offer, the gaze, what would Mordecai do? Would he accept the help from a stranger or would he pass the opportunity to exact revenge…
    health: willpower: mana:

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Xander, , Aeolus, Shane, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

When you tell Guru you're going to toss around The Bee he shows up and he shows up with a hackey sack, you know, in case you wanna do that too. He knew what it looked like but he'd be damned if he cared judge him all they liked he knew he was one step away from being able to mix rocket fuel. Not that that had any practical application but the chemistry was difficult.He didn't even want to think about the structural side of that equation.

Guru was wearing exactly what people would be expecting him to; khaki shorts, he was not shirtless at least but wore a white sleeveless shirt the hugged at his frame to show off his figure, a pair of well worn Birkenstocks and a pair of aviators on his face. He'd come running up just behind popsicle as she helped Mordechai up. He reached down to pick up The Bee and tapped himself on the head with it. "Nothing to fear, fear is the mind killer bro." He snickered but offered Mordechai a smile before flicking his arm art, wrist snapping at the end as he sent the bee back to Kaze in more or less a straight line.

2 successes

He couldn't help but chuckle at Popsicle's theatrics, shamed he missed out on the full performance while he returned the bee. "You need any help there Morde? Like have you never thrown around The Bee before?" It was thoroughly possible, maybe it was Guru who was strange for playing Ultimate Frisbee still. Though he furrowed his brow as Popsicle introduced herself. "Well I'm Josh." He pointed out to Kaze. "That's Chris." It was Chris right now, right. Fuck. Oh well. When in doubt double down. He then extended his arm out to the right to direct him to throw the bee over to the right then threw up a peace sign at him and laughed. "SUP CHRIS!" It would be loud but quiet was a hard volume for Guru. He'd eye up the return and use it to look around the park to see who all was out, about, and looking.

12. Likes Xander, , Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"OH!" Kaze shouts out in surprise at Eulogy's failed attempt to just avoid the incoming frisbee! He actually seems to have gotten hurt!

"Oh! Josh! Uh, just a sec!" Kaze makes an attempt to catch the frisbee returned by Guru, but it's more just batting it aside in his haste to get over to Eulogy! He sprints to Eulogy's side with athletic grace and speed!

failure

"Wow. I am so sorry, um, Mordechai!" Kaze says, examining the site of the injury.

1 success

"Um, I think he's okay, tho." Kaze says to Popsicle, weird name, like Skye, funny it's the same park where he met her; he thinks as he can't help noticing Popsicle's mesmerizing looks and energetic, dynamic personality even as he's apologizing to Eulogy.

"I. Am. So. Sorry. Dude!" Kaze says to Mordechai!

"Um, I think you're okay. Do you feel like you're gonna be okay?" Kaze asks, Hopefully! "I got some asprin, if you want?"

Kaze fishes out a sealed water bottle and some aspirin and offers them to Eulogy quickly, before Guru can offer something more heavy duty and potentially problematic!

14. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn visited the park as the weather was getting warmer more often. Today it was such a day. Then, he noticed Kaze , Guru and @Mord talking with a beautiful woman that he didn't know and ... playing Frisbee! Good time for that. With a quick message to his Fiance that he found friends in the park so he will be a little late, Corn approached the others.
    "Hi there all! Case, is that a Frisbee I see? Good to see you out everyone. It's a good weather. Case, you should have sent me an invitation. I don't get much exercise these days." Turning to Popsicle, he introduced himself. "I am Jacob, I am fairly new in the city. I know these guys from some book-club gatherings, as I work in a bookstore. Pleased to meet you. If those savages harass you, madam, all you have to do is tell me and I will impress them with my very low Frisbee skills to the point they will be laughing at me and forget about you. I don't know if you know, but Josh is good with cooking."
    Corn was unaware of the "Chris" thing.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

16. Likes Ruach, Xander, liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

"Uhh, I'm good. Jus...got..walk it..off. He looked up at the sound of a woman's voice and there before him stood an absolutely stunning beauty who even when dressed in jogging gear still managed to mesmerize the Moros. Who? huh?! ohh! his brain fuzzed as she helped him stand.

He saw Guru pick up the weapon of nads destruction and heard the Shaman quote Herbert before offering assistance and suddenly Kaze was at his side offering apologies and giving Mordechai a visual once over. "Thanks I am good guys." He looked sincerely at athletic man and replied "Honest don't worry about it. It was uhh, my fault. I ahh, should have been paying attention."

He tried to straighten to his full height but a sudden jolt of pain reminded him he was still sensitive in certain areas and shouldn't push it. After a breath he managed to finally speak a coherent sentence. "I think I am uhh, I'm ok. I uhh, I should sit down. Mordechai said to the young woman. His cheeks flushed red with color, a clear indication of embarrassment.

He hobbled to a spot of grass and slowly lowered himself with a dull thud. Face contorted in effort. He heard the woman try to soothe his ego with kind words and introduced herself as Popsicle .Popsicle? well that's a first."uhh, Popsicle? umm, That is a very .um. interesting name it's nice to meet you." his eyes darted from looking at the ground in front of his feet back to eye contact. As if he didn't really know where to look. "I am Mordechai the uncoordinated." I'm such an idiot. "Chris is alright. I uh, I think we can pass on the er, Punishment, uhh for now. Umm thanks though? he said awkwardly.

Mordechai noticed Corn approach and managed a warm smile and a wave in greeting between catching his breath.
    Last edited by Eulogy; May 22nd, 2021 at 07:26 PM.  Reason for Edit: spelling

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (mercurial)
    Striking Looks (mesmerizing)
    Popsicle

NIMBUS:
    FATA MORGANA - several stacked up duplicates of Popsicle seem to drag along behind her and ahead of her in what might be future actions. The images superimpose on each other until they become indiscernible.

+2
    SL
    PRE

”Yes, that’s my nom de guerre, you can also call me Alex if you prefer.” She concedes, understanding the man’s obvious surprise. Nonetheless publicly acknowledging her shadow name could avoid a lot of unpleasant questions later and strengthened the veil.

”Hi Josh, hi Chris!” Popsicle waves as Chris seems to approach the trio, worried about his frisbee partner. For a moment she wondered if she should explain Chris that an aspirin wasn’t a cure for Mordechai’s maldexterity but she refrained from it, there was a point where it stopped being funny and started to become annoying.

”It’s fine.” She re-assured the injured man. ”Nice meeting you Mordechai.” Her head turns as she notices another foreign face joining the group. But who was Case? She took mental note.

”Hi Jacob, I just landed in Sacramento as well – I came here for the university but I still got most of my stuff in packs.” Feeling tired just from remembering the hours of work ahead of her and the chaotic mess that was her room. Guess it would stay like that for the coming month, she had sooo much stuff to do way more interesting than unpacking, folding, adjusting, ironing, washing, boring, boring, boring.

”Book-club? Sweet! I thought Amazon had bought all books and turned them into ebooks…” The girl seemed surprised. I mean, when was the last time she had bought a book that wasn’t in electronic format? Had she ever bought a book? A hardcover paper one with printed letters forming words in it and words telling stories? That was gen-Z.

”That’s very kind Jacob, I’ll keep that in mind.” Was all she could muster as a reply to his offer to avoid blushing – the fact that Chris looked like the caring type just seemed to make it much harder. She lowered her eyes briefly and then looked upwards in the sun’s direction, it was starting to get hot and she was sweating from all pores rather unconfortably.

”Its really nice to meet you all, maybe I’ll pass by your book club one of these days – I mean if you would have me around?” A micro shrug, the Acanthus was basically inviting herself into their friendly group, and why not? They seemed alright and fate always favored the bold!
    health: willpower: mana:

20. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread