Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Recognition: Popsicle

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The newest Acanthus of Sacramento had received an invitation to Puck's sanctum. The doors to concilium had closed a while ago and the Libertine wasn't one to leave someone hanging if he could help it. And so it was that Popsicle secured an invite to Puck's pad. Not that he was especially selective with his company. The hallow in the center of the living room shined for those who could See. it was keyed to the Enchanter's natural inquisitiveness, and much like Kaze before Popsicle, Puck had every intention of reinforcing its curiosity with hopefully good company.

Puck himself was in a t-shirt and hoodie with jeans and black socks. The door was propped open for Popsicle to invite herself in. Three golden glyphs danced around Puck if the new Acanthus had an active mage sight to see that sort of thing. He sat at the counter facing the door, fiddling with his iPhone like every other millennial.

2. Likes Ruach, Damaged Goods liked this post

Presence
    (mercurial)
    Striking Looks (mesmerizing)
    Popsicle

NIMBUS:
    FATA MORGANA - several stacked up duplicates of Popsicle seem to drag along behind her and ahead of her in what might be future actions. The images superimpose on each other until they become indiscernible.

(Zeal)Mana 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    PRE

It had been a while since Popsicle had the possibility to ritual cast anything, she had just arrived and her current place was a hole in a wall shared with three other university students – a far cry from a sanctum where she could chant in Atlantean and dance for hours in privacy.

Coming to meet her councillor and seeking recognition, at the entrance of the building the Acanthus decided to cast something to give her some additional edge and flexibility in case she needed. Focused first on the imago of the spell, she knew this one as the back of her hand.

3 successes

Despite the successful cast Popsicle still felt naked without her sight and armor on, but hopefully she wouldn’t need those now.

Going up the stairs a young female in her early twenties assumed at the door after knocking briefly.
    “Puck, yes?” curious green eyes inquired?

She was wearing a pair of black boots, some denim shorts and a large multi-colored bomber that had probably been tagged, retweeted, liked and followed by some Instagram influencer.

“Ooh, do you mind?” She asked already stepping inside and not waiting for a reply as she glanced around the apartment and then into Puck only to finally close the door behind her. It all seemed very natural and relaxed.

“Nice spot! And thanks for having me… I’m Popsicle.”

OOC:

Zeal, instant cast, scene duration, covert, rote, no high speech, 1 mana, 3 succ.
    health: willpower: mana:

4. Likes , , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As the mesmerizing Apostate enters Puck bounces up from his seat. He turns his phone off and slips it into his pocket as Popsicle gets his undivided attention.

"Yep." All smiles here. "Come on... in."

Welp, she 's in. Very confident. It's the sort of eccentricity that turns the smile Puck forced for half the people he met into something vaguely genuine. If nothing else he was feeding into his hallows resonance right off the bat.

"Thanks. I do what I can with what I got." Who's a Disciple of Fate and knows how to work those bargain sales? This guy. "Can I get you something to drink? I got water, juice, and booze"

Definitely not the upper echelons of society, but the Winds of Chance made sure there was always something for everyone here.

"So what's up? Tell me about our newest Acanthus here in Sacramento."

He moseys on over towards the fridge.

Presence
    (mercurial)
    Popsicle

NIMBUS:
    FATA MORGANA - several stacked up duplicates of Popsicle seem to drag along behind her and ahead of her in what might be future actions. The images superimpose on each other until they become indiscernible.

+2
    SL
    PRE

”Oh nhhh.” The apostate was about to tell her Councillor there was no need to stand. ”Nevermind.” she finally conceded and smiled as her shoulders moved upwards and downwards and Puck approached the fridge.

”Whatever you’ll have I’ll have.” Whatever that meant, it meant she felt comfortable around her councillor. And why not? He seemed quite carefree and approachable.

As Popsicle tailed Puck to the fridge her green eyes took another look to the apartment. Just how much did a house spoke about its owner? Probably not much. Probably a lot? She recalled the laundry spread over her bed, the pile of dishes accumulating in the kitchen and the colourful photographs of her roomies with wide smiles in far away places spat in the fridge.

”What could I tell you that wouldn’t embarrass me much?” The Acanthus joked, maybe half seriously or maybe recognizing and warning Puck that she didn’t felt comfortable telling him all he probably wanted to know? But that of course was to be expected, no? Trust took time, especially for a Mage.

”Well…” the words came out of her mouth with some reluctance.

”I’m an Acanthus, Apostate by chance, coming to Sacramento, among other things to try and enrol in the university.” So far so good.

”I come from New York – it’s pretty cloudy there…” Why wouldn’t that be an amazing excuse to change city?

OOC: Zeal active for the scene, POT 3, 5 mana left, 3 wp left.

7. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

With a nod to the new girl, Puck opens the fridge and pulls out two cold bottles of water. Not an exciting choice, but one that fit the desire need to talk a lot. Recognition yo, gotta get to know each other.

He chuckles at her joke and listens as she speaks. She had seemed young, and her desire to go to SacU reinforced that for him.

"I'm a Libertine." It's sharing time and Puck was happy to reciprocate anything that was offered. At least so far. "In from Minnesota last fall. I always wanted to live in a city, and Awakening felt like the wake up call to do so."

The Libertine offers Popsicle one of the water bottles, gesturing to the chairs by the counter with the other one if she wanted to have a seat.

"So, boring question first? Are you familiar with The lex Magica? I gotta make sure you know the basics of Mageing before I can let you loose on the city." It probably could have waited till the end? But it just felt like getting the most boring part of the night out of the way first was best. ​"We're the only Acanthi in the city, and Kaze and Guru are the only other Apostates if you want to look them up."

Puck had developed some opinions of the other mages, but for now those opinions would remain his. Libertines weren't big on telling people how to think, and Puck preferred letting Popsicle form her own thoughts on the others. Mostly. There was that one exception? But that was a dispute for Libertines between Libertines.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (mercurial)
    Popsicle

NIMBUS:

+2
    SL
    PRE

The enchanter accepts the bottle and seats sideways on one of the chairs by the counter, resting her arm on the back of the chair and leaving the bottle on top of the counter.

Apparently Puck hadn’t been around for long. She didn’t knew what to make of it, of Puck’s recent arrival and of his libertine associations. The obvious next step was to ask how he had been doing and settling in but apparently there were boring questions to get out of the way first. Now that they were in a sharing mood.

At the mention of the lex her gaze intensifies, two round beads of milky green jade land on Puck. Her elbows fall on her thighs and her fists support her chin – “hmmmmm” – there was a hint of dullness but she promptly smothers it.

“Can’t say I’m a factotum but I think I grasp the basics… I mean, I’ve been around and I know about the Concilium charter, the lex and the tetragrammaton.” She wasn’t going to impress anyone with this information, it was just her honest way of saying she was ok to be left around the town by herself.

“If I’m the only other Acanthus in town I promise not to let you down.” She smiles. Whatever that could mean for Puck it probably wasn’t what Popsicle was thinking about.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck leaned against the fridge and listened.

"Good." Still smiling. "Pretty sure the charter was voted out a while ago but good on you for doing your homework. Consider yourself recognized."

His hands waived around in fictitious enchantment before opening the water bottle.

"So any questions? Comments? Concerns? I'm pretty much an open book."

She knew the big three and that was all he needed to know. Now it was just a matter of what she needed to know.

Feel free to switch your concilium status to 1 on your minisheet whenever.

13. Likes Damaged Goods liked this post

Presence
    (mercurial)
    Popsicle

NIMBUS:

+2
    SL
    PRE

”Sweet!” The true expression of relief and happiness stamped on her face she even closed her fists with satisfaction.

”I wasn’t sure what to expect… I mean, this is always so difficult for us.”

“To trust.”
    And she was an apostate.

In the end the fears somehow dissipated - trusted enough by her Councillor to be left around town – that was a victory in itself and all it took was five minutes. Probably it all boiled down to Puck being a libertine, that made sense – not hamstringing everyone with non-sense formalities was a sort of freedom.

”If I find an hallow and decide to make my sanctum around it do I need to notify anyone?” The last thing she wanted was to have to defend herself from some rival mage, or worst, an entire cabal.

Despite not having the sight on she had felt the energies around Puck’s sanctum, it was to be expected that the councillor would have found a place for himself and his cabal.

”Also, what are the cabals around the city? Anything else you think I should know?” Now she was all business, eager to know more and get the lay of the land.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's as hard as you make it."

The Libertine shrugged. His order wasn't known for building walls or keeping people out. If anything, oversharing was usually the issue. They weren't stupid about it, they just knew how pointless suspicion could be.

"You can announce it at concilium but it's not required. I didn't tell anyone about this place because I didn't think it was a big deal."
    He takes a sip as he takes a second to ponder her next question. "I'm not aware of any cabals at the moment. I also haven't heard of any immediate threats to the city so you should be free to roam and explore as you like. Remember the laws, don't be a jerk, and you really don't have much to worry about right now."

Yay unimpeded Acanthi! The only bad news is whatever Fate draws them to.

17. Likes Damaged Goods, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (mercurial)
    Popsicle

NIMBUS:

+2
    SL
    PRE

”Oh! That’s nice, I like uncomplicated.” There it was, the brief smile of an accomplice, the possibility of a double entendre. Whatever that meant the Acanthus doesn’t linger on it. It's as if she never said anything.

”Ok, good good!” The young girl continues, she looks like she is about to make an announcement. Adjusting herself in the seat, straightening her back she begins:

”So, there, you are hereby invited for a pub crawl to celebrate my recognition!”

“I don’t know yet when it’s going to happen but I’ll let you know, and you are welcome to invite cool people to, in fact you should.”
    A pub crawl, a loud, highly alcoholic and frenetic pub crawl where she hoped to meet more of Sacramento’s denizens – sounded like the perfect plan to get in touch with her favorite side of her new city.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread