Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Stepping back and off to the side, because there was no secrets in here, she looks to him.

"Yes?" cause, what else was she going to say? Knowing she was going to have to step forward to either sooth the matter, or make it worse. She wasn't sure which yet, but this bought her a bit more time to figure it out. Cause lets face it, using the Lex for having your feelings hurt was weak and seemed like a good way to abuse it.

2. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru wasn't expecting privacy, just distance so that they wouldn't drown in the cacophony of shouts and screams that were likely to come. His eyes finally coming down as he shook his head. "I don't know why we have to go to Mommy and Daddy because Big Brother called us names but that's not really here or there. I'm not really an expert on formal law, kinda why I was trying to get Naga's number. Always need a good lawyer. Shit. Sorry. ADD." He chuckled, stopping himself from rambling further.

"So I get he's got Beef, but like he just cast magic in the middle of Consilium while declaring his beef. He's a Councilor of the Consilium and he basically just pulled a loaded gun out and waved it around the room. It's a bad vibe, ya feel me?" He then got quiet, not conspiratorially quiet just quiet for Guru. "Could also just be a hey, ya both fucked up now squash it and let's all move on with her lives. I don't know, I'm not in politics I'm just a peace keeper."

Continued from (2105) Consilium...

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She was quite for a moment, listening to Guru and what was being said by the others. Phoenyx made good pints, as did Mordechai.

“I actually agree with you. Using the Lex and it’s Laws to deal with childish insults isn’t what it’s for. But if grievances are ignored, they fester and become a bigger problem.” A deep sigh, “And I left the Ladder because I was tired of the drama tied to dealing with the Laws and everything that goes with them. I never got to use most of the knowledge and actually defend someone as a Factotum.” She just didn’t want to. It was exhausting. She pinches the bridge of her nose.

Then an understanding nod, “I understand your concern, and why it would cause a bad vibe.” That was important right, let people know you hear them? “Trust me, you don’t want to get into politics.” A soft chuckle. “And I agree, I would rather see them talk it out and move on. Our numbers are small, and we don’t need internal conflict to put us at odds.” There was too much out there that would feed of that. “But that being said, we can’t ignore the accusations and call for a reprimand. Puck is allowed to air his grievance and seek a resolution to it. The question lies in what actually happened and does it rise to the level of a punishment for Anima. I wasn’t there, so I’m going into this blind. But I won’t support the Lex being used to settle petty grievances.” And she already sounded tired.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru couldn't help but lean back as Phoenyx got into official bad bitch mode. He wanted to shout out and say something, he was dying too he was biting his lip so hard it might bleed. But he clenched and unclenched his fists, he didn't want to disrupt her laying down the hammer and detract from her statement. Well. Not be the first one at least.

Guru didn't know if Mordechai was right or not, he wasn't a scholar of Law but lacking Naga he was as close as they got. Didn't sound right necessarily to Guru though. Had Aurora told him she was a Ladder before, he really couldn't remember so the surprised look on his face was genuine. He couldn't help but chuckle. "Head down, nose clean what I always say." That was about as far as he thought about the Law. He knew he'd broken many but with the massive library of laws out there he wasn't about to start caring which specific ones.

"Fuck, you're right I don't. Shit I'd just tell them to slug it out, but after that it'd be squashed forever." Guru shrugged, that was how it had to be settled sometimes because she was right. You couldn't let things fester, the more they festered the worse the beating.

"Shit I know you're right. He deserves to be heard just as much as Anima and it sounds like he'd already extended an olive branch before. But, yea, shit. This is why I stick to the Lab man, Chemistry is less complicated. Why I was looking for an amicable solution with the at least breach of etiquette?" It was a question because he didn't know the typical norms of that here let alone the actual law for it.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A chuckle, “Surprised?” she asks with a smirk. Laughing with a nod, “Sometimes it feels like that would be the best option.” She had to agree, it was a tempting solution.

“Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, someone just being heard is what they wanted and needed. Other times?”
    a shrug, “It gets real.” She’d seen her share of Duels. “The Consilium is charged with hearing grievances whenever they come up. No matter what our personal view on the problem is, we cannot decide how it makes another feel. The Councilors must hear the case, and someone’s guilt must be proven.” She was already tired, but knew what had to be done. “Because an amicable solution would be the welcome and easy way to go. But life is rarely easy and simple. So we have the Lex to follow and help us settle such things.”

Hearing Anima attempt to sooth things over once again, she frowns. “And from how things are going, the Councilors are going to have to settle this.” A small smile to Guru. "And as such, I should go stand beside Phoenyx and make sure things don't get out of hand."

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

‘Shit, just a bit.” He couldn’t help but laugh along with her. “If it works, it works. Not like if they get real hurt we can’t help ‘em out.” He nodded but his lips pulled into a frown as he cocked his head to the side. “Yea this isn’t that though, not judging by the charges levied. Feels like he wants to isolate Anima. Maybe he wants to take over the Free Council too.” He shrugged again, Free Council business wasn’t his business, and this was only his business because, well, it was everyone’s now. Downside of making a public pronouncement like this.

“So it’s essentially up to you and Phoenyx to make a decision.” He nodded his understanding, figuring Puck couldn’t weigh in on charges he levied or were levied against him, that’d just be absurd. Then he heard Anima’s apology and he couldn’t help but nod along. “Basically, how I remember it happening, seemed like an over-reaction until now. Now this seems like one.” He couldn’t help but laugh again.

“Yea I dunno. I trust you both to make a rational decision at least. If he came at me like that and called upon the Supernal…” He tilted his head again and stepped out of Aurora’s way, he’d follow her until he broke off to where he’d been previously. “If you need help, let me know.” He said through one side of his mouth not wanting to be rude and chew at the same time. Shit this just reminded him of why he’d been an Apostate. So much bickering, all it does is get in the way of The Work.
    Last edited by Guru; May 20th, 2021 at 09:27 AM.  Reason for Edit: phrasing

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She was figuring it was because she doesn’t look like the typical Ladder. But she was smarter than most knew. “Yeah, I suppose that is a good point.” But she hoped some other terms could be agreed upon. A slight shrug, “Hard to say what motives are on either side. I just hate that Puck is the only Acantus, it could complicate things.” Though it shouldn’t fall to her, as a member of the Mysterium, to enforce the Lex.

A nod, “Looking that way.” Then looking at Guru, “So you were there?” she asks, “Good to know. Because I might need to hear what others heard and saw. There will always be two sides to a story, and the truth will always be somewhere in the middle.” Would that be the case here?

A little smile, “It’s unnerving.” Did it break any laws? Eh. She follows, then pauses, “Thank you.” A nod offered before she moves to stand beside Phoenyx. But she was only rational because the last time she wasn't, people died.

Aurora returns to the main thread

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
Closed Thread