Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily opens her eyes wide. "Really? Aw. That's great! Thanks man."

The Crescent begins rummaging around, putting some lighter fluid, candles and the ritual knife in the bag. "You got the rat? Anything else should be fine..." She looks around, thinking. "Nope, that should do."

Emily heads out around the back to the tiny locus crossing point, checking out of force of habit.
    2 successes

Then, standing on the spot, she moves.

1 success

Across in the spirit, she looks around, particularly to the south-east and south where the Azlu webs are still visible even from here, frowning slightly, and waits for the Rahu.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Thanks to Emily's tutelage Bleeds Well makes quick work drawing the bag into his spirit, connecting it with his essence through his blood. And then he's sideways, still crouched over the bag. He picks it up and offers it to Emily, his eyes following her gaze.

2 successes

3 successes

The translucent walls the garage have slowly been getting firmer, more grounded here in the hisil. A resonance vibrates in the air, the feeling of a coming storm, the smell of engine grease, the faints *tink tink* of hammer on metal. Through all the distracting features, the webs to the south and southeast are still more real than their surroundings. A soft rumble of a growl wells in the Rahu's chest.

"Patience, time will come for the Fury Choir to rend their corpus with fang and claw, and Father's Fury to burn their webs away. Our territory will expand to swallow them." His eyes track back to Emily, "We're preparing that conflict even now."

PU: 4

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily sighs heavily. "I know, man. It's just... I remember when none of that was there, y'know? It was a clean city. I mean, sure, the Pure were here and fighting, but that's the same everywhere. Things weren't out of whack like they are now. I had to sit and watch that forest of webs get closer and closer." She shakes herself off and turns to head back inside the spiritual form of the garage, as real here as it was in the material, if smaller and more traditional-looking.

The crescent whistles. "Ratchet! Hey buddy!" she calls out affectionately. The skittering spirit, looking like a metal spider with tool-limbs, pokes a beady eye out from under the workbench, watching intently. <<Tool-box>> it rasps back too her, before looking towards Bleeds Well. <<You. Prowling One. I see you here often. Making. Forging. I can see why she likes you.>> It retreats backwards towards a shadowy corner.

Emily looks between them with wide eyes. "Huh. He must be getting used to you. Ratchet... uh, Ratchets-and-Wrenches doesn't talk to most people. I think Brigit was the last one." Her face splits into a huge grin. "Well, cool! Let's make things happen."

She draws a circle in the dirt on the floor, takes the knife and cuts her palm, dropping blood on the four cardinal points. Then, she sits criss-crossed and pulls the rat out, placing it back into the center. She waves for Bleeds to sit opposite her in the circle, and the steely glinting eyes of Ratchet peer from the shadows.

The ritual takes some time before finally a large rattlesnake coils into existence in the circle. It writhes back and forth, looking from Emily to Bleeds and Back again, before curling around the rat. <<A gift... or a bribe? For why do you call Jaggling Venom-Hunter, Sssspider-Bane? Yessss..... I know of you. She who huntsssss alone - though no longer, yessss? Stalks wisely, for to err meanssssss death....>> The snake-Spirit rises up as if charmed, unblinking, watching the Crescent with it's hunter's eyes.

With a quick glance and a nervous smile to the Rahu, she smiles. <<A Pact, Venom-hunter. A binding. An opportunity to hunt a new hind of prey, to seek the heat of flesh. And a gift of power for that service.>> She gestures to Bleeds well, looking to the knife.

I know we're running short on time, so I leaped a few steps. Hope that's okay

4. Likes liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well listens to Emily as she describes the slow march of the azlu into Sacramento, just being a brother.

The spirit addresses him. It's a pleasant surprise, Bleeds Well had smelled the tool, seen evidence of its passing, but it'd never been so bold to address him. <Thank you Ratchets-and-Wrenches.>

The name Brigit gives him a moment's pause, but he shakes off the feeling. "Yeah, down to business."

For the better part of an hour Bleeds Well just watches and waits while Emily chants and prays, then the spirit is in their presence. Its power is apparent to the younger wolf. As Emily beckons, he pulls out the blade and passes it over to her.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily takes the blade and enters the circle, placing the blade in front of Venom-hunter.

<<We would seek you bind your power to this weapon, that we might use a portion of your power, and in return, grant you measures of both power and protection. That your Venom might aid us in the battles we have to come.>>

The snake-spirit watches, coiling around the placed knife. <<An item of quality, a fitting vessssel. We have heard the sssounds of the bellsss of Nesssscessary Guile over thesse seasonssss. You offer alliance, joining of purpose. And if I refuse....?>>

The Crescent inhales slowly. <<Then... nothing. You have the cihiminage of the calling, and you will go free. I was sure there are others who would seek a place in our rising choir.>>

The snake coils back around the knife. <<Yesss..... your Wisdom is well earned, Spider-Bane. Be sure the name Venom-hunter issss known, and I will sssssside with you.>> The spirit sways, slowly turning to fix it's stare on Bleeds Well. <<Yessss..... your word. Spider-Bane is Wise, yes, but tricksy. You have honour, in measure. Your word that my name is held, and I will conssssent to siding with the Clarion Call.>>

7. Likes liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well observed quietly, a look of respect in his eyes at the way Blue is comporting herself. The rites master title is well earned.

As Venom-hunter address him, Bleeds gives it his full attention. A silence hangs before he answers.

<Great Venom-hunter, the vessel is my finest creation. My mark is stamped on it, and so too shall your name be stamped upon it. Venom-hunter’s blade will be cared for, and his name will be respected and remembered as long as The bells of Necessary Guile ring.>

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Venom-hunter sways in place, watching Bleeds Well until it's face splits in an approximation of a smile.

<<I..... Accssssssssept.>>

Emily winks at Bleeds Well, her face splitting into a smirk, and begins the Fetish ritual, moving around the circle widdershins, slowly moving closer and closer. The Spirit rips a spiritual form out of the rat, swallowing the essence of the spirit and swaying in time to the Ithaeur's slow chanting.

Slowly, the snake-spirit shrinks and bonds with the knife.

It takes over an hour, and Emily is moving in a small circle around the knife, Venom-hunter all but coiled around it in a spectral form. Finally, she breathes out heavily and reaches down for the knife. The snake's tail coils around her wrist, it's head lying along the blade, teeth ready.

"See? Easy as that!" she laughs shakily, falling backwards exhausted.

I wanted to getthis wrapped up quick, so in another post or two I think wer're done.

The Fetish is a 3-dot Fetish of a Biting Dagger (WtF core pg 207), so will cost 12XP for the Merit to possess it.

When activated it ignores 3 points of Armour/Durability, and can be activated by rolling Harmony -3 or for 1 essence.

10. Likes liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

He watches, clearly fascinated, almost entranced for the long hour that Emily works.

As Blue speaks, Bleeds breathes deep, had he been holding his breath at the end?

"Brilliant. I'll engrave the name, right away. When do you want to present the weapon to Hector?" He stands, stretching his legs, bouncing on his toes. Bleeds Well looks ready to burst out into applause.

Nice summary. The Fetish Merit is for purchasing fetishes at the time of a character entering play, as stated in core. Fetishes created or found during plot events are like all equipment, subject to Storyteller discretion and approval. In this case, Kelreth blessed off on this fetish.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Whenever. But I need a drink and a cigarette after that - preferably with caffeine in it if we're heading out to find him tonight." Emily begins putting the few ritual components she brought back into the bag. "That... that was intense." She looks over to him. "Thanks for the help though. It all went pretty smooth for a first attempt. Maybe I should try putting a few other things together."

True, but since it provides statistical bonuses and hangs around a long time I figured it would be run like the Hedgespun merit for Changeling, which needs to be bought to maintain any stat bonuses. Admittedly, making Hedgespun is a lot easier than making a Fetish, and no-one has had the ability to make fetishes in a very long time in the Werewolf venue. It's the restrictor on stopping people with the ability just churning out dozens of free stat-boosts (even if there is far more an RP and thematic restriction for Werewolf).

We can always discuss this in OOC. Good to Wrap up here?

13. Likes liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The Rahu nods, packing it in and preparing to to take the bag back out of the hisil. "Beer sounds good."

awesome scene! closing it out.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2