Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2105) Evenings w/ Fugly

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 3, 2021 : (2105) Eternal Seasons
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam is mesmerized by the plucky little animal below him. He couldn't help but wonder about all the tales of talking animals he'd read as a kid, and whether or not the air of the Hedge could affect dogs the same way it did Lost.
    Now that would just be freaky. Or pretty cool; I've always wanted a pet.
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

failure

Liam isn't too sure about the dog. He shifts his feet nervously, not wanting either bark-skinned leg to become a potential fire hydrant.
    Geez. Tonight's just not my night is it?
    Words coming from somewhere between Liam's head in the clouds and Fugly's sniffing muzzle jolt Liam back into awareness, and he finds himself staring down at the fur-clad Sonnie Wu nomming down an Oreo.
    "Oh! That's cool! Hey, you're Sera's bodyguard right? I'm Liam."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie turned her attention to Liam, curious golden eyes taking in the Ogre. "Yeah, that's the Claviger's job. I've guarded her body against Loyalists and Briarwolves before." She glances towards Sera briefly. "Her body is untouched and magnificent, so I guess I'm successful."

Fugly was too busy enjoying the lovings he was getting from Sera and Circe to care about anything else right now.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Briarwolves? Now that sounds like some high-caliber monster! Liam makes a mental note to check his Archive at some point.
    "I can imagine she's in good hands with that kind of track record."
    And he believes it; noting Sonnie's lithe yet well muscled form, prehensile tail and all. Having spent his Durance in and amongst a forest, he knew firsthand the persistence of tree-dwelling predators.
    "So what do you do when you're not body guarding? Do you moonlight as a kick-butt vigilante?"

6. Likes pisces liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Yeah, I'm kind of a badass," she noddednoddednodded, in a sort of cute humble-brag. Sonnie then stood up a little straighter and proudly stated, "I'm a martial arts instructor at a local dojo."

She left out the part about her only teaching a kids class.

"What about you, Mr Liam? How do you fill your days?" The Beast's eyes scanned around at the gathering as she spoke, not only to keep watch on the Spring Queen, but also because looking up at Liam constantly was hurting her neck.

8. Likes pisces liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Martial arts instructor? No wonder she's Sera's bodyguard. She could probably give HIM a thrashing! But she didn't seem like the stoic warrior type; if anything Sonnie seemed to carry herself in a carefree, cheerful sort of way. Like a child constantly excited about everything.
    "Awesome! I may have to ask you for some tips, just in case I run across one of those Briarwolves".
    Liam wasn't used to being called "Mr" before...but it felt good. Like he was trusted. He takes a moment to lean down, elbow on one knee with one hand free.
    "I'm a bartender by trade. It's not too crazy, but most folks tend to behave themselves when I'm around. Especially if I look at 'em real mean."
    He offers a mock scowl. But he wasn't completely lying; he did notice most of his patrons tended to not start fights in his general vicinity, especially after he'd grabbed a couple by the scruff and bodily dragged them out the door. That was a fun Thursday.
    "I don't start fights, but I prefer to finish them quickly."

10. Likes pisces liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie, much like a child on a sugar rush, was bouncing on the balls of her feet. Too much energy and not enough to do with it at the moment.

"Sure," she said helpfully, "Tip Number One is: If you see a Briarwolf, run away!" That was... actually sound advice.

"Oh, a bartender? That's pretty cool. Do random strangers tell you their life stories after asking for a shot of whiskey?"
    She giggled, "I'm sure they are on their best behavior around a dude your size!"

The Beast noddled again, "It's always better to finish the fight. Any dope can start one."

12. Likes pisces, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam chuckles at Sonnie's Briarwolf advice.
    "Now that's actually something I'm good at. Turns out big steps make for quick getaways."
    The Monkey's giggle warms the Ogre's heart.
    "Well, not always. Most times people just want to talk to someone else they already came in with, or just watch tv. But yeah, some people will just come in and talk about how this thing that happened was the worst or that person just gets on their nerves. I guess they feel comfortable talking to somebody who won't run away from them."
    Liam's grin softens, looking straight at the brunette.
    "Kind of like what you're doing here."
    The giant, still kneeling, stretches out a long branchlike arm with pine needles where hair should be.
    "I like you Sonnie. You seem like an honest, kick-butt, dependable young lady. Shall we be friends?"

14. Likes pisces liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"We used to have a pack of them roaming around the local Hedge. We escaped them the first time. Second time we had to fight, and luckily we killed them all and none of us died. So, winner, winner, chicken dinner!" Sonnie nodded confidently. "Having the Summer Queen with all her guns made a big difference, I think."

Her head tilted to one side in curiosity. "Why would I run away? We're in the same Court, and we're not even the creepy one."

The Steepscrambler's head tilted to the other side. "Maybe it's the monkey in me, but I have this weird urge to climb you. Something tells me that would be socially awkward, so I won't. Anyway, more friends are good!" She nodded again.

16. Likes pisces, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam's heart grows another size. The Monkey's childlike honesty floors him; she really didn't care about how big and scary he was. She was treating like he was, dare it be said, human.
    He's sure of it now, Sacramento is his new home; and this Court is where he belongs.
    He stands up to his full height, hands on his hips, and bares his teeth in a roguish grin.
    "You know what, what the hell. Climb up and see the sights, Claviger Sonnie. Just tell me if you see any Briarwolves and I'll rush you to 'em!"

18. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread