Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn was busy in the ODCH Library, going over some old maps, and digging in digitally with her lap top at the public records of the land in the area. Some of it was mere curiosity, but a bit was more purposeful than that.

Watching how Sacramento evolved over time was interesting, and more than that gave her an idea of the shifting in the business landscape. What was open for commercial vs. residential in particular. What public deeds existed, and if there was anything in the area that was considered under heritage laws. Sometimes you could get good deals on property.

Another tab was open as she scoured financial firms in the area that could handle substantial over seas holdings being moved. Since Milton wanted to act like mundane skills were worthy of a clan discipline. That Ventrue should know better....

She had some music playing in the backroom. African music, to be specific. For a moment as the song filled the room, Quinn blinked and sat back closing her eyes in pleasure.
    JC Smith

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC heard the music playing from his room and knew the other occupants to make an accurate guess at whose musical taste it aligned with. He smiled slightly to himself and reached for a piece of paper he had written out before hand. Looking down at it in his hand, he seemed to hesitate. Not in it's delivery but something else. Flex, relax, resolve. He made his way to the library.

He stopped at the at the door, seeing that Quinn was busy and distracted, vulnerable to attack. He knocked on the frame, loud enough to be heard but not to rudely disturb.

"Hey, Quinn," he greeted the Shadow "Do you have a minute to talk?"
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn's eyes snapped open, and she looked towards the door, she stood up with a smile slowly drawing up the corners of her lips. For a moment she froze as her beast rattled its cage pathetically. She dutifully ignored its suggestion and nodded to J.C curiously.

Her gaze went to the paper in his hand, and then up to him. "Yeah, of course J.C. Come on in." She moved back to her computer and turned down the volume on the music playing. "Do you want to sit down? The chairs are really comfortable in here."

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"Thanks," JC said, accepting her invitation and approaching to take a seat.

"First, I suppose, I have the reading and video list you were interested in." He held out the paper for her to take. On it were several books, youtube lectures, TED talks, and mental health exercises. Mostly dealing with things like PTSD and hypervigilance but also some of his favorites like internal family parts therapy and Brene Brown that he personally found useful. "I hope it helps."

"And then I'd like to talk more about the Reeveship," he continued once she'd had a chance to take and look over his suggestions. And here it goes. He could already feel the internal conflict rising again. This was going to be an emotionally exhausting conversation.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn took the offered piece of paper, and those eyes the color of good honey, scanned the information briefly, noting a few titles she remembered hearing about vaguely in Psych 101. She would hit up the public library soon.

Ah. Here was the real thing he wanted to talk about. The segue was a little abrupt, but she hadn't really expected him to want to talk about it at all, but now that Dirt Nap is back, she imagined that may have changed things. She set down the paper, next to her lap top and gave J.C her full attention.

She smiled slightly, and nodded. "Okay. Shoot." She said simply, as she took him in a moment. Noting he was already starting to look tense.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"I've decided to agree to give it a try." JC came straight out and said that first. "However, I still have concerns and I thought you should know them before hand."

Flex, relax, resolve.

"I've worked with law enforcement. Granted, it was Kine, but it does inform my view on the subject. I've seen how politics can grind the best down on all sides," prisoners, cops, judges, therapists, no one was immune "And how the system can break down from its original purpose or become corrupted by bias or abandon rehabilitation."

"But... that's not really an excuse not to take a chance," he admitted. Be vulnerable, live well. "So, how would you like to go about getting the position?"

12. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn was pleasantly surprised honestly. With Dirt Nap coming back, Quinn had honestly thought he'd want to get behind him again. She listened to his reservations and how things had played out for him in human law enforcement and nodded a little bit.

"Kindred law enforcement has some issues, too. As I am sure you are beginning to see. It takes a lot to bring monsters to heel, J.C. Getting Kindred to risk their undead asses is also pretty difficult."

She tilted her face to the side watching him and nodded her head a little. "I think we should highlight our efforts for the domain as a team, and make sure the Seneschal is aware of it and our intent. Closed mouths don't get fed. Make sure to keep a unified front as much as possible, that means people seeing us as a team spirit situation. Hang with me in Elysium....and we can talk in we's. We...think xyz, We...would do xyz. Let people see us forming a cohesive whole, something you just don't wanna break up, like Cagney and Lacey."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Having that that out there was a weight off his chest. He’d said it, there was no taking it back. No way but forward and that definitely helped him get onboard.

“Being seen as a unit will certainly help with optics but we will need a clear, concise, and compelling reason for both of us to be Reeve. Something that negates worries about muddying chain of command and demonstrates it works better than reeve and deputy. Which,” he gave a half smile “given I don’t have your confidence,” or enticing gaze “might make it hard for the to see us on equal footing.”

His mind shifted easily into thinking about campaigns. It made him a little uncomfortable.

“A vision or message would be good as well. Something the court could get behind and see that we can provide direction to the position rather than just fill it.”

“We’ll also want to talk with the Prisci and Covenant leaders,” of which there was significant overlap “See if any would be willing to lend their voice in support.”

"We should also,"
    another moment of vulnerability coming up "try to getting used to using telepathy."

16. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"To be Frank, I don't think the Apex will go for that. We may be able to pitch Reeve for me due to my past experience, Deputy for you and Hound for Dirt Nap. I want us to all work together if we can. It's mighty convenient, considering we all share a haven and spend considerable time outside of Elysium with each other. That's IF our little investigation goes over well and we yield results as a team. Nothing gives you credibility like experience and end product. Also pointing out flaws in our approach and how we learned from them, is pretty important too. You seem to have the Apex's ear, bend it."

She thought for a few seconds. "Honestly a trio like that has real possibilities and overcomes some surefire objections from the Apex like the fact that -I- have never held the position before nor do I have combat capability. Putting a Hound in place, would stifle that objection, especially one who has served the domain faithfully. Dirt Nap's star shine's brightest when he is able to go full speed ahead and do the damn thing. A direct position like Hound would be ideal for him for right now I think." She paused again. And regarded him closely.

She nodded a moment and sat up a bit turning her chair fully towards him and reaching out with her palms upturned and fingers reaching for his. She stopped short of touching him of course. Just like when you go to kiss someone, she came 90 and let him decide how fast and direct the 10 he needed to go came back to her. "I don't need to touch you for the connection, but I think it would be easier for you to tell me to get our of your head in the moment, by simply letting go of my hands. You need to push your thoughts to me. Think them and deliver them deliberately. Literally thinking to me. It can help keep your footing during this exchange feeling the physical link of our hands, as it symbolizes our minds connection."

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

The beast got him angry at being placed below her but with the Mask it was much easier to ignore. That was reserved for what she said next.

“Hound for Dirt Nap?” he asked letting the surprise be heard in his voice and in his body language “Is Twist planning to retire?” JC hadn’t heard anything. His anxiety hit him, trying to think of all the options and with effort he forced it to stop till he heard her answer.

Be honest with the Prince about his flaws and intentions. He gave a light smile and nodded. He could do that.

But she brought up the topic of Hound again. This time he let himself worry a bit. “With Archon Twist effectively holding the position already, given her high status within the Invictus, and her friendship with the Prince… that’s another hard sell.” Maybe even more than two Reeves. “Have you heard something?” Had she, god forbid, used her powers in court to read someone’s thoughts. Calm. Flex, relax. Damn anxiety.

He gives a small smile as he reaches out his hand. It couldn’t be worse than the underpass.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread