Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2104) Social circles

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Per ST recommendation, creating a side thread for JC Smith Mable Wood Edward Heinrich and Jack

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes , liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave Jack a small bow. "My apologies, Priscus Jack. I meant no disrespect to you. May I offer a ... minor boon to show you my intentions were not to be disrespectful?" she knew that boons meant something to the Invictus. She liked to live by her word and would always help Jack if needed, but a more formal showing was needed with some individuals.

4. Likes Ruach, pisces, liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward smiled internally, relieved that Mable's reply held none of the disgraceful 'oh I didn't mean it' that characterized excuses. Instead of excuses, she cut to the chase and offered more than what was needed.

She didn't seem the type to value a minor boon. In fact, if it wasn't Mable offering, Edward might have suspected sarcasm. Not offering a small bow, the kind of slight that could be made up for with a sincere apology, eliciting a minor boon? He weighed internally. No, on second thought, a minor boon seemed correct. Trivial might suggest the offence was equally unimportant, and that would imply disrespecting Jacque was trivial. That would not do.

Edward was not worried about Jacque ripping into his friend, but he did look forward to the Lord's reply.

6. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

The logic was, as he understood it, that the reason Kindred society help so tightly to convoluted etiquette was to keep the beast under control by keeping things polite. JC had considered this position. It held some merit. However, from what he observed it just as often led to conflict. And having recently mastered the aspect, the Gangrel sometimes thought there might be another line of reasoning. To allow an outlet for the Beast to attack, other than beating someone to a bloody pulp. To let older predators feel like they’d won and younger ones have a verbal escape.

Which was a problem when he’d artificially elevated his inner beast to feel on equal terms with every other Kindred.

JC’s rage quieted ever so slightly when Jacque turned to look him in the eye, because part of him felt victorious at having ‘forced’ the Ventrue to give the respect he should have in the first place.

Which was… ridiculous, JC concluded as his more measured thought process was allowed to kicked in. It didn’t mean all his rage faded, but it did let him reexamine his feelings more impartially.

"Priscus Jack," he bowed “I'd like to apologize and offer of a minor boon as well?” he apologized to Jack. There was still a part of JC wanting to launched into answer about how about how acknowledgement and respect were culturally dependent or who Jack was a hypocrite by not also being respectful. Scream that he had meant it just as much as Jack had meant his insult. Try to turn it around. Scold Mable for offering such a favor for so trivial a thing and so forcing him to follow suit. Use the old adage that you control your own feelings and not the actions of others.

And still, of course, wanting to punch that handsome smile off the Lord’s face. JC could only imagine what he'd be thinking if Jack didn't have his mask on.

Of course, JC was also capable of redirecting those ideas back on himself and see that they applied pretty well to him too. And while it didn’t mean the feel of insult and wrath went away, JC could manage to see things from the opposite view.

He wasn’t sure why Jack had approached a conversation in such a way to impart insult. If Jack had come over with the express purpose of weaponizing the rules of behavior. To try and extort favors. Maybe he’d just come over to talk and caused a misunderstanding that he refused to back down from. That Jack was just lonely and had made a mistake and things escalated. Or maybe all that applied to JC and he was living up to the nickname his sire had given him.

He would need time and introspection to sort it all out.

Flex, relax. He just get through the night.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

8. Likes Ruach, , Aeolus, liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The eternal struggle between Man and Beast. It was the Man who cared about decorum and reputation. It was the Man who would not rest on his laurels. It was the Beast who didn't care about any of that. The Beast only pushed forward with the intent to Dominate or Submit.

The Lord smiled to Mable's understanding. It came quicker than he had expected, and along with a very smart offer. JC's lack of respect hadn't bothered him to the point of expecting a Boon, let alone a minor one, however, it was smart on his part not to downplay a similarly perceived offense, and matching an offer by his own blood. The Man knew it would be unwise to fully dismiss the gesture- declining Boons can be its own insult. The Beast was indifferent having received its prize.

After hearing both their statements he looked between the both of them before resting his gaze on Mable, "It was a general inquiry worth exploring. I was not accustomed to seeing a ghoul receive more respect than valued Kindred of the Domain." Intent holds some weight in how offended someone can be, and Jack was signaling his approach was to grant intent more weight in this matter. "It appears by your words and actions that it was a simple oversight," he ponders a moment before stating his counteroffer to both Savages, "I'll accept a Trivial Boon from you both, if that is agreeable?"

He glanced at the silent incubus, likely absorbing the details of the exchange before returning to Mable, "I apologize, I believe I fully interrupted a conversation. Mister Smith had just asked about the gardens?" He hummed, in pleasant memory of strolling through the farm, arm in arm with a former Seneschal. "I can't believe how many seasons have already passed since the last time I visited."

Blood Hunt:

10. Likes Ruach, , pisces liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a nod of the head in understanding, truth be told she had been distracted thinking about the ghoul and hadn't meant to give him a nod. But no excuses would be given for her oversight. She was trying really hard to do Twist proud.

"A trivial is agreeable, thank you." She knew no matter what level it was, Jack would use it fairly.

"The gardens are beautiful right now. The flower path is maturing nicely. So relaxing. Anytime you want to visit please do. I now have some horses to go along with the chickens and cats. It's starting to look like a real farm. Thinking goats next. Like the little fainting ones." The offer to visit was given to them all. She loved sharing the farm with others.

12. Likes Ruach, , pisces liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

A second boon! This one caught Edward fully by surprise. Very interesting. He hadn't thought JC the type, not that Edward had put much thought into what type JC was.

Jacque graciously accepted both while simultaneously signalling a minor boon was more than what was required, and then with a smooth segue, the conversation was put back on course. Nicely done. Somehow, Edward's respect for the Lord rose with every witnessed interaction.

The fainting ones? He had no idea what that meant.
    "A most beautiful offer, Ms. Wood. A horse ride would be more than agreeable, although I must confess the last time I found occasion to saddle up was in my childhood." Edward gave a slightly embarrassed smile, "I may be in need of a few pointers, as it were."

"Have the gentlemen any experience with horses?"
    Edward asks conversationally.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Well… Jack’s words showed JC had misread the Ventrue. Or perhaps just the degree of motivation. Which, if JC was honest, still seemed petty. The difference between a nod and a verbal greeting, when there was no actual objective answer to which was worth more. Subjectively, Jack’s reaction answered his own question. At least for the Lord.

All in all, it was probably getting off easy once Jack let the debt owed slide down to only a trivial boon.

“That’s very gracious, Priscus,” he agreed. JC wasn’t sure he would have had the presence of mind to allow for such with the beast howling in his ear like it must in Jack’s and then to turn the conversation back to gardens.

“I have some experience with horses,”
    JC mentioned, though he hadn’t ridden in years. Not since his embrace and he discovered most animals avoided him now. Sometimes violently. And horses were skittish to begin with. Still, the idea of riding through a garden had an appeal and he hadn’t tried in a while. Why not try?“Maybe ride through the farm would be nice?” he asked Mable. “It would be good to see it again.”
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord nodded with satisfaction as everyone was in agreement and that was that. No muss, no fuss.

"Horse riding?" He smiled at the thought, "I'm afraid I would only serve to make Mister Heinrich look like a professional in comparison." He mused quietly at the thought before adding, "It is good to hear that the farm is still growing. I will have to take you up on your offer to visit soon."

Blood Hunt:

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a small smile, "I'd be happy to accommodate you folks at any time."

"I don't remember if anyone has visited since I got a gazebo, but that is very refreshing to sit in as these nights get warmer."
    She knew her place wasn't as opulent as other homes but it was warm and welcoming.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Closed Thread