Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 27 of 53 First ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... Last
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Generally, a character enters play knowing who is the head of his or her Order, and can contact them. Or there can be an Open Mage scene, where your mage can just be out and about and runs into other mages and all that. Consilium is usually a great place to start, but the current one has 4 days left, so it might not be feasible. But another one will open after it closes.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

I'm all approved and I think I have everything for my character set up. I don't see where or how to start? Do I start a thread up about rolling into town? Is there a person I talk to first?
    Cool, a new Mage. I'm yet finishing the details on mine and will probably only submit it after coming back from vacation after the first week of May. Looking forward to interact

Puck Scenes

New concilium is where you should go to get recognized since that's still based on path until an st announced otherwise. After that it's really up to you guys where to start!

Yup, I'm waiting for the new thread in May. I wish I had time to offer to ST, but I just don't at present

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Hi Mystogogues

I'm planning on starting a thread toward the end of next week.

Would you be averse to Campy bringing Guru Shane along? If you've seen their conversation from the last few months you can see that Campy has been gently 'nudging' the Shaman towards the Order.

Orianna Aeolus Fedup

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Sure thing - but only if he brings his robe

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Aurora wouldn't have a problem with it

Hey Mages,

To ensure I understand what Xander did, so Anima can cast as intended last month without bollucksing it up. First I roll paradox, Gnosis = base 2+-0 for a 4dot Arcanum= 2 Paradox dice -Mana-tool= 1 chance Paradox die.

Then the ritual, it would need to be noted in the roll with the division of successes. So it'd be Supreme Augmentation(Presence+Man+Composure) - Gnosis+Spirit+HS to reach TN 6=Duration+2 for 12 hours +Pot4, with 3 mana spent; 1 for the Paradox mitigation, 1 for Spell Cost, and 1 to cloak the spell with Prime.

A second ritual could be performed so long as it doesn't take up the 12 hours from the first ritual, or go beyond a total 24 hour day to put us in exhaustion penalties. First would be another paradox, Gnosis = base 2+-0 for a 4dot Arcanum= 2 Paradox dice -Mana-tool= 1 chance Paradox die. Then the ritual will be Skill Mastery (Expression+Persuasion) Gnosis+Spirit+HS to reach TN 8=Duration+2 for 12 hours +Pot 6, with 3 mana spent; 1 for the Paradox mitigation, 1 for Spell Cost, and 1 to cloak the spell with Prime. The first potency for an untrained social skill negates the -1 penalty for use.

Does that look right?

12. Likes Xander liked this post

Puck Scenes

Yes, but bear in kind Potency for Supreme Honing and Skill Mastery needs to be split between the values you want to boost. Potency 4 for Supreme Honing doesn't give you +4 to Social attributes, it gives you 4 points to split between the attributes. How these points are being split should be noted in the opening post and if you want to use the spell bbcode you need to copy and paste it and the point division into every post moving forward. Don't change your minisheet unless you plan on keeping it up all month and the ST says okay.

Edit: Also you might need to declare what stats you are boosting to what levels in the dice roller since that's an extension of potency (part of your TN), but you'd need to ask a legitimate storyteller that because I'm not aware of past stat boosters or if they needed to note that in their post.

14. Likes Mark, , Shane liked this post

Thanks Xander. So the annotation should look like (Supreme Honing Pre +2, Manip +1, Composure +1)

16. Likes Xander liked this post
Page 27 of 53 First ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread