Watch

Siebs arrival at Edward Heinrichs Haven

THREADID

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He speaks in a noticeable dutch accent.
    He looks very youthfull.

PRE

An unassuming Sedan is driving in front of Edward Heinrich 's haven and parks.
    The engine stops and the lights go out as a very young looking person steps out.
    He has neat black hair and some light scruff for a beard.
    He wears a suit and a fitting mantle above that.
    However he looks slightly worn. There are some barely visible wrinkles on his suit and while he walks with his head held high and takes prideful steps, he doesn't appear to be smiling right now.

Always polite and courteous, he remembers his Sires lessons.
    He walks up to front door, rings and puts on a slight genuine smile.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Sieb might have been surprised to find himself at the base of an apartment complex. The address listed included a room number so knowing which unit number to call was easy, after punching the number into an interface in the lobby, Sieb was buzzed in without intercom, the elevator doors opening automatically, rising to the correct floor.

Edward was waiting for Sieb as the doors to the elevator opened to let the Kindred exit. There was no question it was Sieb, the Beast made sure of that.

Edward smiled softly, letting the feeling wash over himself for a moment, giving Sieb time to wrestle his own Beast, before speaking. He took in the Incubus's attire, more dressy than his own, which was composed of nothing more than a plain maroon dress shirt and black slacks, but then, this was hardly a formal affair.

"Welcome, Cousin, please follow me." Edward noticed the lack of any bag before gesturing down the hallway, "Do you have any luggage?"

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He looks very youthfull.

PRE

His smile turns into a wild grin teeth showing Fight he hears inside his head as his hands move slightly forward towards his mantlecoat.
    But all these things happen only for a second, as Sieb strangles the beast down and his grin turns into a polite smile again.

"Thank you for the warm welcome cousin Mister Heinrich." some paranoia was still there, but seeing this homely and kind welcome gave him peace of mind.
    He comes in and continues the conversation. "I was suprised that my courier knew where I would arrive, I am glad that he could deliver your letter however. As to your offer of staying here, I would accept. However I insist that you take something in return. I could offer some monetary share of the rental cost, or much more useful a boon or favour I could return in a situation, where you need help on a much more arduous task than the ones I would like help you out with anyway."

He looks a bit pained and says: "I don't have my luggage with me because this isn't my last stop today. Before I get comfortable, I would prefer to find out if I can stay in Sacramento."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Of course," Edward smiles warmly and opens the door for Sieb.

The change of decor was jarring. The slightly dirty synthetic carpet, stained drywall, and door upon identical door opened into what looked to be the office of a tidy professor. Across from the entrance were pristine maple bookshelves housing labelled notebooks, volume upon volume bearing titles like 'Analytical and Computational Methods in Probability Theory' or 'Descriptive Complexity,' and several dozen journals. A large desk to the left with desktop computers fan purring softly underneath. A small dark wood table, the rim engraved with gargoyles, with three chairs similarly themed.

"May I take your coat?"

It is quickly clear that this is not just a strange choice in foyer decoration. Edward's apartment is small: an office, a bedroom, and a small bathroom -- all without windows.

When Edward had first moved here, that was necessary. But two years had changed much, finances included. Wealth had filled his unlikely abode.

Edward offered Sieb a seat at the table and took one himself. "If you insist, Mister van Zon, then I can scarcely refuse. I would accept the currency of our kind in the form of a major boon."

Edward nodded when Sieb spoke of the tasks to come: "of course, I understand entirely. You will wish to speak with Priscus Twist. I should also mention that Priscus Twist is the Duchess of Sacramento, along with her other well-earned titles."

"On the subject of the First Estate, I feel obliged to inform you that I have somewhat disgracefully been removed from the Invictus. I do not imagine this will taint you in the eyes of the Duchess, although I cannot speak to the opinions of other Kindred of Quality. I shall take no offence if you wish for another to arrange introductions."

"Naturally, I shall be willing to discuss the details of that unfortunate affair alongside preparing you to interact with the Prince and other officials. This comes later. For now, have you already acquired the contact details for her grace?"

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He looks very youthfull.

PRE

"Thank you, I wouldn't have been able to take your offer without being able to offer any compensation on my part.", he takes off his coat and hands it over.
    "I have read of her grace duchess priscus Twists titles in some of the other letters, together with her adress.
    I assume that I won't reach her anyway today seeing how busy she might be, but I have to at least drive over and try. Maybe I'll leave her a letter telling her that I will be staying here for now until we can coordinate a meeting.
    (OOC: Based on the continuity rules it's very unlikely that he reaches twist the same day)
    The first estate seems to have a stable basis in Sacramento, this is one of the reasons I decided to come here specifically. Aside from meeting a cousin of course."

He looks around in the room, taking some mental notes if the books are only for show or are used frequently.
    failure

"Shall we take a seat?"
    Siebs expression changes to look understanding but a bit worried: "Yes, I would be interested to know. Could you tell me in your words about the removal from the Invictus and the reasons for it?"

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"I understand," Edward affirms and hangs Sieb's coat in a mostly empty closet by the doorway.

"Of course,"
    Edward agrees amiably. He had missed the company of his own bloodline and wondered privately how differently things could have been had there been more of a Spina presence in Sacramento. It would not have been too unlikely; they were a common bloodline.

Edward had planned to discuss his exit later, but he also understands how it caught Sieb's attention.
    "My loyalty lies with the descendants of the Marquis of Rouen. The Invictus of Sacramento wished for me to sign an oath that obliged absolute obedience and refused caveat. As such an oath would open the door to betrayal, I declined. My refusal resulted in my exclusion."

"I would appreciate your silence on my reasoning. I fear there is no room for outside loyalty in Sacramento's Invictus. It is feudal in the most parochial of senses." Then again, maybe that was just Edward's enduring feeling that he was a visitor in this place.

It was also unfair to the Invictus of Sacramento, who had given Edward many chances, but his silence, induced by guilt, left them with nothing but reasonable suspicions about a Kindred of questionable competence.

In all likelihood, Edward could have simply declared his lineage, bypassed the oath, and been better able to welcome Sieb. That final fact had occurred to Edward, which served no purpose except to intensify his regret.

"If you are willing to swear, more than loyalty, obedience to the Lady Prince Antinori, I cannot imagine you having any problems." He didn't want to poison the well, but he also felt obliged to prepare Sieb.

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He looks very youthfull.

PRE

Sieb thinks for a while before answering. He had heard about this, The Order of the Thorned Wreath has it's occasional differences with the Invictus. He was not yet a member of their group even if his Sire seemed to want him to go down this route before he passed.

"I will hold no ill will towards you for this. I will however ask her grace Priscus Twist about her side of the story as well and theres a chance, that I, for whichever reason, simply can't take your hospitality afterwards.
    If that happens I would like you to know that your offer is still appreciated and I want you to keep the boon."

His cousin isn't part of the Invictus anymore. He was hoping he could find a sparring partner for bladed weapons at some point but this could complicate things.

He relaxes again, smiling friendly: "But while I haven't met her grace or other Vampires of the first estate yet, I hope I can still count on your hospitality to arrange a possible acknowledgement from here. Do you think there are other things I should know?"

"If not can I write a letter somwhere in your home, should I be unable to meet her grace Duchess Priscus Twist today?"

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"You are too kind, Mr. van Zon," Edward said, a bit embarrassed.

"Naturally," Edward affirmed, "as I said, my loyalty is first and foremost to those of our blood. You shall have my eternal support, Invictus or not."

"As for what you should know." Edward leans back, "first, as you no doubt know, upon receiving acknowledgement you gain the right to feed. I urge special caution with the exercising of this right. What you may not know is we are in the process of handling some rather unfortunate instances of a creature murdering Kine who have recently been fed upon."

"Second, we shall enter Court together. Follow my lead regarding greetings, but otherwise only speak unless spoken to until your acknowledgement is complete. I shall introduce you to Priscus Twist."

Edward nodded, "of course, let me fetch some stationary for you." A set of pens and paper was procured and set before Sieb.

"I imagine you must be tired from the journey, and so I will not keep you. I shall be working, but think nothing of interrupting me."

Unless stopped, Edward shuts off his computer and takes a book resting on the desk with him into the other room.

OOC: I'm good to close the scene.

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He looks very youthfull.

PRE

"Thank you, Cousin."

So he wrote a letter thinking mostly about how to formulate it in a way, that explains as much as possible without being able to state a reason for why he was unable to meet the Priscus. Since the reason for not achieving to meet her grace Priscus Twist could be something completely unexpected.

Closed Thread