(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

It's been a long evening already. She's just played a concert, her feet hurt from wearing heels, her dress isn't as comfortable as she'd like it to be, and to top it all off, her coworkers have dragged her convinced her to join them at the pub across the street. This Lost is ready to get lost, but she's got to at least wait a respectable amount of time. Maybe having a drink won't be too bad.

Cassandra walks into O'Mally's Irish Pub, directly across from the Sacramento Philharmonic Symphony building. She's wearing a calf-length black gown with long, sheer black sleeves. The cut of the gown is actually quite flattering on her figure. She often wears clothing that is baggy or just generally doesn't overaccentuate her feminine features, but that is far from the case here. Her hip-length scarlet hair has been carefully braided half-up, the braid like a crown while the rest of her hair is in very loose curls.

Her cello case is slung over her shoulder. She lives close enough to walk home, so she doesn't actually have a place to put it anyway. Not that she isn't used to just lugging it around with her wherever she goes anyway. The pub itself is kind of snug, but there is a stage with a band playing authentic Irish folk tunes and tunes of their own, which at the very least draws her ear.

She walks up to the bar, ordering herself a Madras, looking around to keep an eye on the atmosphere. You never know when something interesting is going to happen or be said.

2. Likes Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Had you asked him a year ago to watch a concert, Crystal would have laughed in your face. It's not like he wasn't classy enough for that - he had class in spades, thank you very much. It's just that he always felt there were better ways to spend your evening than to sit around and listen to old music.

However he kind of felt like broadening his horizons lately. Maybe it was the path of least resistance to at least look like he was doing his part as a good Mystagogue, maybe he just felt a more 'mature' pallet of interests would earn him some more brownie points with certain people - whatever the reason, he ended up listening to tonight's performance at the Sacramento Philharmonic Symphony and he actually really enjoyed himself.

First of all, although he dressed not conservatively at all nobody gave him any snobbish or funny looks. Of course his suit was from the latest collection of Hugo Boss, so in a way he certainly was dressed better than some of the other patrons.
    More importantly: once he really listened to the music and gave it a chance he realized that this actually was some good shit.

He decided to visit the nearest watering hole afterwards, because all work and no play make Chris a dull boy. As fate would have it, the musicians chose this place to losen up a bit - at least whatever counted as loosening up amongst classic-enthusiasts. Crystal gave them some props for the music, but he wasn't willing to go as far as to believe they could turn up the party.

His eyes were immediately drawn to the knockout at the bar. No wonder, she was easily the prettiest one present - especially compared to all the other nerds. He had already noticed her during the performance, so he might as well see for himself how much fun a cellist could be. He walked over and ordered a gin tonic, thought better of it and called the bartender back. "Scratch that - do you have any sweet red wines?" Frankly, it cost him a bit of willpower to order that but while he was at broadening his horizons he might as well go the extra mile. Then he turned to the beautiful redhead and smiled his most winning smile. "Hey, sorry if I'm keeping you from celebrating with your colleagues but I just wanted let you know that you really brought it back there." It might not be the vocab stuffy elitists might have used, but you could tell it came from a place of no ill intend.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes Shenanigans, Shane liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra picks up her drink and is in the middle of a sip when she is approached by a rather striking individual. Not often you see those outside of the Freehold gathers. The man is dressed in quite the artistic getup. Certainly the kind that would draw eyes. Kind of captivating though. Must be the eyes.

She raises her eye brows and purses her lips in a faint smile a little at the compliment, "Oh, uh, thank you. They, uh," she looks back over to the couple of tables filled with them and she shrugs, "Well, I don't think I'm missing much. I already know how obnoxious the movement of the last piece we played was and I already know someone is going to complain about the percussionists and then get into a debate over whether the percussionists were wrong or if it was the violinists. Someone might mention recitals or talking about students and the like. It's mostly complaints and nerd talk." There is a hint of amusement at that. It's part of why she doesn't really hang out afterwards, but at least this place is public enough that it wouldn't be weird for certain people to show up. Or, for that matter, just meet different people.

"If there was any real tea being spilled, that would be a whole other case."
    She could never really resist some good gossip. Old habits die hard.

She cocks her head to the side curiously, "So, why switch from the gin to wine? Gin is significantly more fun to be intoxicated on."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal was about to regret his decision to talk this one up - she started to go into technical terms and a whole lot of nerd-talk herself. It took him a hot second to realize that she'd been casting major shade. The smile on the Warlock's face widened. "Jesus, sounds like they need to get a hobby or something. I'm Chris." No handshake offered, he just raised his glass to the woman who was talented enough to swim with the big fish, but pretty enough to piss in the pond.

Her final verdict made him chuckle. "So what would constitute 'real tea'?" He looked around him, then subtly pointed at an overweight balding man with glasses laughing too hard at a joke. "Maybe this one is crushing on her way too hard - while this venue is way too lout and way too hot for him he's sticking it out for the slim-to-none chance of hitting that?" He winked at Cassandra and pursed his lips. "Just speculating, of course - sometimes you have to brew the tea yourself."

At her question he just tilted his glass and looked at it. "Ugh, tell me about it. I've heard that sweet drinks are more the more natural, more human drink. You could say I'm starting a scientific series of experiments if the theory has any truth in it." He took a big sip and smacked his lips in a grimace. "Maybe the sweetness will make me drunk faster so I can bear the taste. So, why are you here if you're not putting up with them?" Because a pretty girl like that surely had some better way to end the night.

7. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Whisperwisp

James had been at the performance of course, just another face in the crowd, a shadow in a seat. It was easy to keep it low key when most people didn't even know you were there in the first place. It was like eyes just seemed to slip over him which was bad enough and now he had to go do the public thing. The Dangerous thing. He was going to be surrounded by strangers he didn't know and his anxiety spiked.

He had to smoke two cigarettes before he had the courage to open the door to the pub and take the first step in. James wouldn't really consider himself dressed up as he was just wearing his work clothes. Scuffed, half worn leather oxfords, black slacks cinched tightly with a black leather belt that was probably the nicest piece of clothing on him; followed by a white button up tucked dutifully into his pants and a skinny, long black neck tie.

The smell of nicotine clung to him practically dragging the smoke in with him he takes a step, heart threating to burst from his chest and he saw her laughing with an exceedingly attractive man and jealousy wormed its way into his heart...but then was quickly dismissed as he and Sera often worked together a lot. Glass houses, stones, etcetra.

He saw that man's face though and there was a light blinking in his memory palace; checking the rolodex he kept in his head:
    Name: Chris
    Classification: Psychic (unverified)
    Danger: Unknown, guard thoughts either way.
    His ears practically caught fire at the intonation at human, someone liked playing with fire. Also does he consider himself other than human? Are we human? Less and less everyday, one day we will be just as I made you into what you were always meant to be. A spike of anxiety causing his heart to race suddenly feeling like he was running a marathon and he was nearing the end.

His steps slowed and he stopped for a second to breathe and then exhaled as he took the first step until he joined the two of them. Would this be an opportunity to dance? A fire burned in the changeling's heart, a desire to know more. "Hey sorry I'm late, had to finish my cigarette. You were as stellar as ever, definitely pulled it together tonight." Referencing a few of the rehearsals he'd visited. He wanted to lean and give her a kiss, say he was proud of her but this was the spotlight and each actor had their role to play.

"How have you been Chris?" John said looking over at the other man, offering a friendly smile making sure his mind was filled with the sweet, sweet sounds of The Cure, for as long as he could remember to at least, or he caught an interesting bit of gossip, so until the end of the introductions probably.

Goes by the name: John

9. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

They had been trying to get out morte together, to stop them both from hiding away..... well. Him more than her. But they were out, they had enjoyed an evening of fine music. He couldn' remember enjoying an evening so much since.... Chrismas? Paris? Hard to say. The Huntsman, Ann.... Was it even right, having evenings of pleasure?

Sera always told him that is was, that it had to be. The differnce between Desire and Fear.

Dressed in an immaculate black suit and red shirt, he sipped his whiskey and smiled, looking into her sapphire eyes before scanning the room. Hardening the mask made him look.... well. Just another Human in the crowd. Stopped the blustering Mantle, too. "Ah, there she is! Lady of the hour!"

Arm in arm Sera and Rhodes made their way over, the latter smiling broadly. "Miss Reeding! We were in the audience. I must say, I enjoyed it immensely. It's been a long time since I went to a concert." Emerald eyes glanced over the exuberantly dressen blonde man and the Winter King. "John." The tone was warm. "You were somewhere in the audience as well, I take it?"

The dancing together, the sharing of a court. Was there something more than courtly assocciation there?
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

11. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans, Shane liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra quietly snorts, shaking her head a little as she takes another sip of her madras. "I just call that the people watching game. See what kind of ridiculous story you can plant for their lives. Or, listen long enough to piece the real story together and first one to get it gets a free drink." She chuckles a little, but then pauses a moment, looking toward the door. It isn't like he wouldn't show up, unless the scene is a bit much. That would be understandable. Ish. It makes her heartrate pick up just a bit, a pit of anxiety beginning to well up in her.

A familiar sentence finds her: He'll never love you, not really. Love with them is fleeting. You're wrong. Pushing back helps. Negative thoughts like that only serve to confuse, distract, and tear apart. He'll show.

"Mm, well I would be curious to know the results of said experiment." More human drink? That's an odd way of putting that. It put her on edge for some reason and suddenly, she remembers she hasn't hardened her mask. Then again, she has a certain amount of Winter fatalism about it. "I just drink fruity for the fruity, personally. Alcohol might as well taste good. Well, I guess depending on your decided level of punishment."

"They can't say I never show up for afters this way and-" then John walks into the pub. Every time she sees him, there is this tug in her chest and her breath catches just a little bit. All she wants to do now is just fall into his arms, but this is public. They've decided Winter dictates the openness of their relationship. It causes just a little bit of bitterness in her, but then, what is Winter without a bit of bitterness? But she'll take all the bitterness in the world if it means she gets to enjoy the sweetness of his kiss and embrace behind closed doors.

She looks over John, his mask hardened as it should be. Immediately, she finds herself missing the shadows in his eyes. "Hello, John." A code on its own, just saying his name more. The easiest way they can show affection without drawing any suspicion. "Thank you. Performance night itself always sparks something in people." She smiles at him then, but then is surprised as he addresses Chris, clearly being familiar with him. A curiosity is sparked.

"Oh, you two know each other?"

And then a further surprise when Rhodes and Sera appear, to which she gives a warm smile, "Oh, lovely to see you! I hadn't realized you'd come to watch. I'm glad you enjoyed it." It actually did give her a sense of pride. Until John had begun coming to her performances, she hadn't had anyone to come out to after a performance, so she'd always just packed up and gone home. "How are you? I know it's been a busy few months." It really has been. Between Sera putting together the coronation, the wedding planning, and Rhodes' being glued to his studies, she can't imagine it being any less than stressful for the both of them.

13. Likes Xadun, Aeolus, Shane liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

It had been refreshing to get out for the evening. And exciting to see Cassandra perform! Sera had been wanting to take in one of her shows, but until tonight, hadn’t found the time. And it gave her the chance to wear one of her favorite dresses from Paris. A blue fitted one that matched her eyes and showed off her tiny waist and toned legs. Her engagement ring her only piece of jewerly.

Taking a sip of her cranberry and club soda, she smiles as Rhodes notices the Winter. It was hard not to, with her radiant beauty and charismatic way about her. She lit up the room.

The other guy, the brightly dressed one looked familiar. Did she see him New Years? Or was that someone else? But he was still captivating to look at. And then John, who she hadn’t noticed in the audience, but then again, he was a Winter, maybe he didn’t want to be seen.

Smiling to Cassandra, “That was a magnificent show! Such a wonderful sound, I hope to come to more.” Her praise genuine. She truly enjoyed it. “And that dress! You look stunning.” The black with the red hair? Perfect. The smile then turned to John, “Hi John, good to see you. How’ve you been?” she also wanted to thank Cassandra for the thoughtful gift, but wasn't sure how to work it in yet.

Sapphires look to the unknown, her smile friendly, “Hello.” Greets the angelic voice, "I'm Sarah."
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

15. Likes Aeolus, Shane, Shenanigans liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sounds like my kind of game then." He chuckled along with her and took another sip, oblivious to her distraction.

"So far the experiment has been going lousily. I'm with you on that matter, but this guy claimed that people are originally hard-wired to like sweet stuff and that we've been brainwashed by society to frown upon those in favour of more bitter or 'sophisticated' drinks." Shit, was he about to fawn over this man and preach his weird theory to some stranger? "Yeah, I know it sounds like a load of esoteric BS."

Then they were joined by several people in quick succession. First to arrive was a.. let's say semi-remarkable guy. He looked like he worked at a record store or played in one of those unironically-grunge bands. The nameless redhead clearly knew him though, apparently she had been waiting? Crystal decided to play a private round of the people watching game tonight.

Then things got awkward, as Grunge addressed the Mage by his name. A former hook-up? Crystal searched his memory, but it came up blank - the Nexus was not something he liked to remember and even if he did: there were many much more eye-catching people present for him to have noticed the Darkling. "Hey there stranger. Help me jog up my memory - how do you know my name?" The words might have been a bit defensive, but the delivery was undeniably good-spirited and curious. Definitely not defensive.

Then came the power-couple to end all power-couples and immediately Chris mentally discarded the other guy. The man in the black suit was a proper snack right up Crystal's alley, but he wasn't here alone. Usually 'taken' men were a challenge he liked to take on, but the woman was so out of everyone else's league that he didn't even begin to get his hopes up.
    Apparently they all knew the cellist - Miss Reeding - but his tone seemed too formal to be a close friend. Not like 'John'.

At least the dream in blue remembered basic human couresy and introduced herself. Crystal gave her the brightest smile he could manage and made a point of looking her up and down appreciatively. "Sarah, I must say I'm most enchanted to meet you. But you probably get that all the time. I'm Chris." Saying his name he also addressed Rhodes - even if this group of friends only stayed for a few minutes of small talk he wanted to establish a sensible grounds for communicating with one another.

He had quite a few pieces for his game laying out before him now. Noticing the big engagement ring he could safely assume that the two latest arrivals were indeed a couple. Sarah seemed to be much closer with the redhead and John than her fiance. But even partners of friends were usually on a first name basis, right? So either Snack was a superior of sorts or he really needed to learn how to live a little. Then again, he greeted Grunge by his first name.

As for the other two: Miss Reeding was probably waiting for the ugly duckling, so they probably were close in some way. John didn't seem exactly comfortable here, so maybe being here meant something to the musician. So maybe..

Crystal rewarded himself with the rest of his wine and ordered another. The current running theory was that both couples were an item (which made the idea of John being a former one-night-stand even more hilarious). The men are the link between them - which is why Snack was on a first name basis with John, but not with the woman. Sarah just seemed like the kind of person to get close to others quickly. Well, he'll have to see if there are going to be any other clues to follow.

17. Likes Shenanigans, Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John wasn’t exactly surprised that they were there, being at the performance had made sense joining after was a surprise for the Winter. He’d have to dance extra cautiously tonight it seemed, the thing he’d been fearing standing right before him, another test. Would they ever stop? Probably not. He offered them both a smile and a nod as they approached making room for them as he still had to order a drink anyway though the Darkling always seemed to struggle to draw in the bartender’s attention.

He kept a normal buffer of bubble space between him and Cassandra, nixing any side eye and playful flirtation or smiles. They could always use the Cant if they wished to communicate privately but he was doing everything he could to make everything seem business as usual as much as it hurt the two of them. She understood thankfully, the blessing of her being a fellow Winter, but it didn’t make it EASY.

“Evening you two it’s good to see you.” Which was genuine though it was about to be a very long night for the Darkling. Wearing a mask was necessary but it got tiring after a while, he just had to remember there would be a time when he could take it off and relax. “I’ve been well, I’d say I was surprised to see you but you’ve both always struck me as having excellent taste.” He said with a smile as he tried waving down the bartender again with a frustrated sigh. “I was. Trying to broaden my musical horizons.” Not a lie technically, Cassandra was trying to teach him about classical music after all.

“Imagine the pressure helps people perform at their best at this level.” When Cassandra asked about Chris and Chris didn’t know who he was he was a kid in a candy store, he was just handed a blank check. He could make up any story he wanted, any story at all but it would have to be believable. Chris’ looked like he was well off, probably went to college, start with the basics.

“Yea we went to school together. Was in your intro English class, remember when that kid showed up hungover and vomited in the trashcan.” He said with a laugh that seemed genuine, it wasn’t his best lie ever but he at least managed to make it sound convincing and if he was caught in it, well, it was obviously a joke. He offered Chris a friendly smile as he’d FINALLY managed to flag down the bartender to order his drink, taking the first sip with a contented sigh as he shook his head. It was a blessing and a curse at times, blessing when he didn’t want to be noticed a curse any other time.

1 success

Goes by the name: John

19. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread