Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn was dressed casually. A pair of black skin tight jeans, and a simple long short sleeve black Henley. She wore a belt, but it was more for show than utility. Her hair was loose and down, and as she walked up to JC's haven her gaze looked over the set up and of course the challenges that they would face with the location. It was open to a certain degree. Hard to hide people around. Hmmm.

The air was changing. The nights grew shorter as the weather warmed. It made her anger flare at this mysterious Jackal. It felt like things were aligning against the court. Like she was standing on a great precipice. Watching enemies approach. It was only the Dark Moon and her thoughts.

Her thoughts turned to the one who should be here and was not. You need new thoughts, Quinn. Why are you torturing yourself? Or is the pain the only reminder you have lost anything at all? It would pass. Like all things before had passed. She had survived Rodgers demise. She would survive this. Though she cringed at the thought of who would eventually come to replace Dirt Nap.

2. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Bookkeeping

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer dressed in her reinforced clothing. She smoothed it out with her black leather jacket, athletic gray pants, running shoes. She had pinned a chunky grey knit scarf in place, her long brown hair was style straight and down today. Prior to the Uber arriving, she had Blushed to appear vital and alive. The Nosferatu had also taken time to secure her combat knife in its sheathe at her waist, and concealed it with Obfuscate.

1 success

When something supernatural is stalking one’s meals, it is prudent to take precautions. She set her phone on silent, slipped it into a case on her hip. Jennifer has brought her small leather backpack - and it had the usual things that she brought when she had been the Reeve's assistant. She made a point to leave both computers and the Reeve's gift at home.
    She carries a larger bag to have room for the traps that were discussed... best to secret them away in place so not to tip off the creature if they were spyed upon tomorrow.

She keeps her Beast obfuscated as she glances around for any other Kindred that were a part of this investigation. Spotting Priscus Durant some distance away, she lifted her free hand and gave a polite wave. Not a good time to surprise Kindred...

Equipment:
    Equipment:
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC approached his haven from the nearby homeless encampment. Far enough away that people didn't come near his haven often but close enough for feeding purposes. At least, that had been the idea when he'd settled into the hole that extended into the bridge. Now looking at it, he would have agreed with Quinn if he could read her thoughts. While haven itself was well hidden the area around it was pretty open with little but brush and social norms keeping investigators at bay. The haven itself hadn't been fortified either. Again, trusting to the concrete and blacktop. Though in his defense, concrete and blacktop were sturdy enough on their own. It was the entrance 'door' that needed work. A simply constructed and light proof piece of plywood.

He was dressed in his 'traveling clothes'. An outfit that proved that even being sturdy could wear down with time. Though it certainly made him look the part of vagrant, even if other Kindred could sense at a glance that he was something else.

The dark hid the partial snarling of his lips when he sensed another beast prowling near his residence. For a second he hoped it was the Jackal. Then he could grapple it, drag it to his lair, and drain it of fluids as punishment for invading his area.

Unfortunately Luckily, it was Quinn and close by he saw Jennifer had arrived before him as well.

Pulling his coat up higher around his shoulders, he closed the distance.

"Hey," he greeted them quietly "Ready to go over things?" he inquired.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

6. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn caught Jennifer's wave first, as she had arrived before J.C. Quinn smiled ever so slightly, and waved back. It didn't take long for J.C to show up. She waved to him as well, but her gaze quickly returned to the area at hand. Quinn didn't like this set up even a little bit. It stank of a trap to her. I guess they were now pinning their fucking hopes on the Jackal being starving and utterly stupid, eh? She ran a hand through her hair in irritation. Audibly sighing. This is exactly why the Carthian experiment is bullshit.
    "So...looking at this, this is not a great set up for what we are trying to accomplish. Here is what I see as the main issues. First those trying to hide to be of service have little to almost no cover what so ever. Unless you can use tricks to turn invisible or the ones with you invisible...." With that she turned her gaze to Jennifer pointedly. "Sitting together like a gaggle of geese isn't exactly what I had in mind either."

"Secondly, getting fresh bait to this location is a challenge I would normally say I could not
    surmount, but it just so happens I have had my eye on a particular piece of bait that I believe would find this location quite preferable. It will pose a risk to myself however as said bait happens to be a serial killer. I mean...I'm pretty sure at this point. He hasn't killed anyone in Sacramento." Yet. "His victim preference is also in our favor tonight. He likes beautiful, petite, dark haired women."

"Third and final, if this Jackal is in fact one of our club, we are bound by the rules of the road as it were that the only person who can pass judgement is well, not going to be HERE, so trapping it in there, means we also have to then extract it and move it to face justice, or hope the ask of "can you come to x location" isn't to much of an ask. With our current leader, I think that might be okay with the one in charge. Under the circumstances such as they are. Anywhere else I would tell you you are dreaming and we need to move locations."

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Good evening. Good to see you." Jennifer nods to JC Smith pleasantly, affording him more respect than he might be used to. He was stepping up, taking responsibility - and risk. This earned Jennifer's respect.
    "Good evening, Madam."

Jennifer was pleased when Priscus of the Mekhet got right to work.

"On your first point..."
    Jennifer looks around for a beat, studying the area.
    "- I have to agree. There's nothing here." For you, apparently. And likely JC as well. "I could make use of this area, however." And simply Cloak myself.
    "Communication would be an issue. " As with the shadowing of the Brides with Castor, they could not communicate without dropping the Cloak of night and revealing themselves.
    "I have a suggestion, Madam," Jennifer was careful to indicate that she was not slighting Priscus Durant with her use of madam. Yet she also wouldn't drop Quinn's name here, to be spread to the winds.
    " - regarding your bait. I have a stable. I can simply arrange a date, guide them here and bam, thank you ma'am. I would, however, hope there is some chance for catch and release for my date."
    Date meaning her herd member, of course. She cultivated relationships to feed from, essential with her Curse.

Why over complicate by adding hunting to the endeavor. Jennifer seldom attempted this in the current Jackal infested climate.
    Jennifer did move closer to Haven, studying the ground. The Kindred took a moment to lower the bag down, attempting to make it look more difficult than it was. It worked for her to appear weaker, especially if they were being observed. The Nosferatu benefited from being treated as physically weaker. The Embrace had lent her the strength of the Nosferatu through her dead veins, and a surprise attack nearly always worked in her favor when the strength of ten men bloomed in her veins.
    Fighting in a basement was going to be a problem. She studied the entrance and pursed her lips, indicating to the others of her deep in thought manner.

She considered Quinn's other point as she worked out what to do if JC and Quinn were down with the Jackal, and it proved to be an Elder and stronger than they. She had been a Reeve's assistant once, and had been charged with patrols. She was perfectly comfortable staking someone and hauling them to the Prince's judgement. She'd faced and crossed the hallowed grounds of Torpor in the course of an investigation before. It was an unpleasant memory, but she had learned to strike first and to strike harder.

Jennifer strives to keep her speaking language agreeable and conversational, although the Curse asserts its supernatural bend. The armor of an Invictus lady in her calm confidence was always present. She took care to use language and body language to be inclusive, and clearly indicate that she was not taking charge of the investigation. She was rather curious and content to watch Mr. Smith and Priscus Durant.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

10. Likes pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“I understand your reservations,” he said to Quinn “We’ll have to be creative and use resources wisely. With a bit of effort, I could bunker down anywhere I could dig into and still be able to know what’s going on.” He’d never used Haven of soil in that manner but so long as it wasn’t concrete he could basically hide anywhere now. “There’s also a homeless camp nearby to disappear in. Though given distance we’d need some signal to return.” And Jennifer said she was able to work with what they had.

“Sorry it’s not ideal,” he couldn’t really offer the House as a staging location. Part of him felt annoyed she was bringing this up now but then that was why they were here. Talk things over one last time. “We still have some time if we want to change locations but I feel any spot is going to have pros and cons. We’ll have to deal with.”

He thought to reassure her a bit. “Despite nearby camp, this place doesn’t get a lot of foot traffic. You could dump a body here and it wouldn’t be found for weeks. Traffic topside makes things tough to overhear.” His security might be nothing but air and cultural norms but they were there. “We can help find a good place for you to hide in the meantime,” he offered.

“Communication would still be an issue though,” he agreed with Jennifer “Would you be able to keep an eye on us from a hiding spot?” he asked the Mehket. Maybe her telepathy would stay connected if she was within sight of them even if he was in soil and the Haunt was shadowed. He didn’t know enough about the talent to know if it could work “Otherwise, I’d say seeing the Jackal enter my favorite spot would be the obvious signal. Or if they get spooked and try to run.” He looked around the underpass.

“Ideally we’d want to cut off easy escape from any direction.”
    He pointed to either side of the bridge and downhill into the shallow gully.

The idea of using a person as bait still didn’t sit right. And he was grateful when Hazelton offered of her own herd. At least then he wouldn’t know them. Though having that thought almost made him feel worse.

He tried to think. “We could put your trap in in front of the bait. Disguise it so they don’t notice?” Again, he didn’t know enough about Obfuscation to know if that could work. “I could also hide closer to the entrance.” He could probably hide IN the haven if he wanted but that seemed like a bad idea. “Let me get there quicker, but it would mean not casting our net as wide if it runs,” he explained, indicating the downhill escape route again.

Studying the Haven, Jennifer would realize that calling it a basement is being pretty generous. It does widen out a little from the entrance you would have to crawl through, but short low tunnel would be a more accurate description. With bait in there, having enough space to fight the Jackal would probably still leave things cramped. Little did she know, it was normally even more so but JC had moved most of his belongings into the House.

Haven is size 0. Enough for one or two people.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

12. Likes pisces liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap creeps up on J.C.'s lair, the underpass a little ways off a convenient spread of homeless laying helpless and unalert. There's no reason to be sneaky about it, and if there were it would make more sense to do it as an animal. But sense isn't what it used to be right now, and allowing the blood a little free rein right now seems to help to hold it back from galloping off into the full Hunt and Kill it craves.

So Dirt Nap approaches stealthily, checking as to whether J.C. is around. His Beast is Masked, but J.C. probably isn't able to Mask his yet...so he should know if the younger, newer Gangrel is around.

2 successes

Imagine his surprise when he notes not only the Beast of J.C. Smith but sees Lady Hazelton and his (former?) Slave!

He manfully resists the temptation to lurk unseen, and instead calls out softly. "I'm coming over." to alert them.

Then he moves out into the open where they can see him. His bearing is still somewhat predatory and his customary stare is a little bit less pure intense scrutiny and a lot more hungry than it used to be.

"Howdy." Dirt Nap says.

He nods to the ladies respectful like and stares at J.C. "Well. Here we all are."

Then after a long pause. "What's up, doc?" He asks without a smirk or smile, just paying attention.

14. Likes Scourge liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sometimes loss makes us better and sometimes when you've felt that you have lost everything, you finally have an epiphany. She had promised Maeve she would live in the light so the rest of her clan didn't have to. Now was that moment.

Quinn nodded to her Ladyship and the things she said. This location made everything incredibly hard and almost fucking impossible to do anything without it falling apart to a free for all circus. Her gaze stayed solidly on Jennifer's for a while, searching her eyes, listening to the cadence in her voice. The way she looked while J.C was speaking. Her focus narrowing down to her face. No, Quinn did not use Auspex, just good ole fashioned empathy.

2 successes

She stopped eye fucking her Ladyship and included J.C in a rather serious and considering look. A quick eye flick to the side a moment, and then she kept Dirt Nap who thought he was sneaky in her peripheral. She didn't react until he had already gave greetings and then she looked to him and arched one brow. "You're late, Dirt Nap." She looked him over a moment, and then smiled ever so slightly, and said simply. "Nice ass jeans." Nothing else. Glad he showed up so she wouldn't have to repeat herself.

4 successes

"I thought we were all clear that this mission hinged completely on stealth. Stealth requires hiding places, cover, and ability to communicate without giving away anyone's position. This location couldn't be worse if we tried, and frankly that hole is a death trap for us. We have to go in one at a time with....we don't even know what, and have someone's body to trip over?"

Thank god we scouted first. Fuuuuuck.

She lowered her voice to just above a whisper and took a chance that she hoped didn't destroy everything she had tried to build on her own. Some would hate her for this, others would be moved on her lineage alone, but she could not stay quiet any longer. They needed her, and they needed to know why. "Prior to moving here, I spent the last decade with a War Coterie lead under The Right Honorable Alder Abel Wilkes, Viscount of Carmel, and Knight and Senator of the Invictus. It was my job to know how to put the pieces back together when everything went to hell, and how to tear it all down again when those who proved unworthy must be dealt with and their areas restructured."

She then turned back to her Ladyship. "So my quiet nook was visited by the pest, so its not a wise idea to return there. It is a perfect location, for hiding and even trapping this thing, but its been snooping around there before and we can't risk it sensing a trap from the jump." She paused and asked the hard thing.

"You are already being extremely generous with giving us with providing the bait, and I will do everything I know to do to make sure they are not savaged, but we need a place for this to go down. Do you have one or do we have to pray we can get a last minute instant booking for Air BNB?"

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer lowered into a kneeling position to examine the entrance of the Haven. She studies the tunnel, the entrance of the Haven. A bit of envy blooms in her, as this suggests the ability to merge right into the ground. This was something that was very appealing. Especially with a supernatural stalker seeking out Havens. Jennifer straightens from leaning inside and looking in the tunnel. She's comfortable sitting back on her heels in a crouch, evaluating the area from the perspective of thier potential prey. The Nosferatu looks where JC indicates, looks off into the distance indicated when he references the camps, and the communities that lived there.

"A nice set up." She compliments JC. It takes trust to invite a group of Kindred to pry around your Haven. He even has pointed out the quick exits and local food source.
    "I see why you suggested it. You are right, it makes a right appealing camp."
    She's not saying Haven aloud, even House. In case someone might be spying, unseen. The Nosferatu turns and indicates the bag to JC, rising up to her feet.

"I brought two traps. Highest recommended. Perhaps we can rig one at the entrance." Jennifer says it as a suggestion, its his Haven.
    "Its a bit of extra security if something does pay you the same attention as they have to Q." Jennifer explains her reasoning as she looks to JC.
    "Would you be opposed to relocating?" The Notary asked JC Smith, ever straight forward and honest.

"My main issue is the underground with one area. If two of us are down in there with It, we're going to be vulnerable. It is also means," She walks over to the entrance as she speaks and stands at the mouth of it to demonstrate her point.
    "- that we may be targeted from above. With little room to manuever." She is speaking to JC conversationally, walking over to stand next to him now. "I know this may not be what you want to hear. Yet I don't want to expose your camp or you without the odds stacked in our favor." She says, looking at his face to guage his reaction.

3 successes

Jennifer turns as Dirt Nap arrives. Her domain awareness had tipped her off to the sounds of approach, although she would compliment his stealthiness. She stares at him for a long beat, dark brown eyes boring directly into his. She trusted Dirt Nap. She turned and gives a quick side glance to JC, another meaningful look to Quinn. Damn, she wished she knew more Auspex at the moment to utilize Telepathy herself.
    Is this our friend? Or has someone eaten our friend and trotted out here in his corpse's appearance? Well, best to get it out of the way now.

The Nosferatu strode towards Dirt Nap, closing the distance between them to two feet. She examines him shrewedly, head to toe. Searching for some bauble that Dirt Nap wouldn't wear, or some sign that was off. Already, she had noted the predatory bearing. Dirt Nap likely had noticed that she was more assertive herself since they had spoken last.

3 successes

"Hey Clay. You already stop by the farm and say hi to Molly?" She inquired. No Kindred in this Domain was known as Molly. Yet she'd seen her Sire use the Gift of the Blood called Familiar Stranger, and she knew Dirt Nap's absence had been on her mind.

As she considers the plot, the reappearance of Dirt Nap (hopefully), Quinn began to say some pretty interesting things. Jennifer side steps so that she faces Quinn, doesn't turn her back on JC, but her peripheral can see Dirt Nap. And she can see him quickly at a glance.

"Well, you sure don't like this place." She notes, a wry grin playing out as Quinn runs down the Haven and the lack of stealth opportunities it provided. Jennifer gives JC a glance, nuetral, no smirk or wry grin present. Checking in. Jennifer takes a moment to see how JC feels with this turn of events.
    1 success

The names and titles Quinn has dropped are churning over in her mind as she considers. She knew all that power that those titles wielded, and that Quinn had all that training under that powerful Kindred and opportunities... and she had left the bossom of the Invictus. She was going to scrutinize Quinn, and talk about all that she mentioned. Yet Jennifer was thinking it through. Thinking if she had contacts in that area that could get her more information. Quinn speaks to her, and she faces Quinn to listen.

"I have a place in the suburbs." Jennifer admits to Quinn's inquiry. "I'm more than willing to offer it up and trap it up the wazoo." Yeah, she liked wazoo.
    "You think its suitable?" She directs the question to Dirt Nap. Prove you know what you should. He knew where her haven was, if it was Dirt Nap.
    She would want to check in with JC, see how the Gangrel really felt. Yet her brown eyes were locked on 'Dirt Nap'. She also didn't go into any of the interesting things Quinn said, because she wasn't feeding out any more information until she knew if this was their friend.

18. Likes Aeolus, Ruach, pisces liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread