Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

An indoor venue, the bar had a few advantages to it for certain individuals and business deals. The biggest? It used to be a speakeasy and had some rather secure back rooms. Like this one that has rabbits carved into the door's frame. It is a private back room fitted with a variety of liquors, tonics, and the striking Groundskeeper of the Sacramento Freehold. With no one else present. Her chair allows her to watch both the bar and the door in equal measure, nothing behind her.

Circe was using her business outfit as she was familiar with this bar for work. It'd deter certain people from bothering her, implying she was on the clock. There was also the advantage of her sitting at a table with plenty of darkness beneath it.

The elf wasn't acting without caution. They'd struck at enemies of the Freehold, primarily two. This could be a trap. How fortunate for her, this bar was frequented by her mundane coworkers. Well, of her more profitable work, not the grease monkey shit. If this Worm was a viper sent to kill her, he'd probably die of lead poisoning from the four she'd seen inside before coming to this meeting. Good shots too if not the sharpest hammers in the shed.

She was hesitant to invite other Summers, just in case of Viper scenario goes prohibition era bad. No reason to ruin their identities.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes Aeolus, Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

The Colonel arrives in full regalia: a tank top decorated with a tropical bird, a pair of kickboxing shorts that have clearly seen better days, a long, beige trench coat (also quite broken in), some black socks pulled halfway up his shins under his dirty, white crocs, and a pair of sunglasses he'd picked up at a gas station that morning.

In Worm's own estimation, he's looking quite fine. Why else would half the bar stop what they're doing and turn to look at him when he walks in?

Worm gives the bar tender a winning smile and the gentleman points toward the back room without saying a word. "Much obliged," says the Colonel, who strides across the room on long legs.

He pauses before the rabbit-decorated door, thinking about how he's come unarmed, how he has no idea what might be waiting for him. Decides that today is just as good a day as any to die. Resolves to kill as many as he can before he's taken out. Realizes he's fantasizing about his own death again, opens the door in a rush, and steps in.

The door shuts behind the Goblin and he's standing in a finely appointed room with a very beautiful Elf. Otherworldly, sure, but in an extremely hot kind of way. Worm's thoughts skip to that old cartoon wolf, losing his damn mind. That's about right.

Comically, he reaches up and lowers his sunglasses down his nose. "Circe, I presume?"

4. Likes Origins, Aeolus liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe can feel the weaker mantle approaching. Then the room gets more green. Blue lips smirk at the ecentric style of this Worm. Goblin Worm? Sounds like a JRPG monster. The man would make for quite the distraction if she ever needed one. Circe had handled strange "clients" before in her work, but less so since she'd moved up ladder. His attire was nowhere near as fashionable as her own.

There was a reason suits were still in style. Her right ear bounces in amusement at the fact that they've matching hair. "Ya presume correct. On behalf of the Sacramento branch of the anger management club, welcome." Circe lifts a blue hand from out under the table waving to the chair opposite her, "Want ta take a seat? Yer looking a little green around the gills there. I'd feel oh so blue if ya were ta pass out on me," there is no hiding the laughter in her tone.

Though he may wonder where her other hand is at.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm plucks the sunglasses off his nose, folds them carefully, and hangs them from the collar of his tank top. The anger management club: always good to be home.

"The pleasure is entirely mine," the Colonel replies with a touch of faux-gallantry, sketching a crazy bow, complete with a flourish of his trench coat, as if it were a cape. "And let me tell you, it's wonderful to be among friends." Friends who occasionally beat the living shit out of each other, or worse, but friends nonetheless. The Summer Court is filled with some of the most violent, bloody-thirsty, short-tempered assholes ever to walk God's Green Earth. Worm is fond of each and every one.

At her invitation, the Goblin makes his approach, settling in the indicated chair with a mincing grace. Her MIA hand is noted, but what's he going to do? If she shoots him, she shoots him. Her laughter is a good sign though. Worm lives to amuse.

"Green, hm? Last I checked, I was red as the devil his very own self," he gives her a crooked smile. "And twice as handsome." Turns his face in profile so she can get a good look. "As you can clearly see."

After letting her take the view, the Colonel faces the Elf full on once again. "Enough eye candy, though. I'm here reporting for duty. Colonel Worm, newly arrived and ready to serve." A glance over at the booze, "And drink, if you're up for it."

8. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe squints at him, "Eh, must be like that gold or black dress thing with the light and shadow. I mean, I'm pretty sure I ain't stoned right now."

"Ya can never have enough eye candy, though the dressing is what can make it dandy,"
    she smirks and exposes her hidden hand to fix her time, eyes still on the Colonel of Worms, "But too much can leave ya randy. Which can get ya savaged if get too handy." The Summer Queen was easily amused. At the offer of drinks however, her ears do something. The droop down in sadness. Worm will now realize the elf has emoti-ears. Circe sighs, "They're outta my stock after an," she struggles with the word, "Earlier meeting, being very polite, with mundy morons. Useful mundies though, they paid fer my drinks."

She waves her hand at the booze again and is very blunt, "The rest they have here gives me gas." Then she looks him up and down. "Colonel yer name or yer rank? Or going a step beyond dress fer the job ya want? Cause if the latter," Circe's smile turns smarmy, "Won't be very useful here given how I run shit. But better then a sheriff or deputy, oh ho ho ho! Then ya'd cazzo hate me. Wait, yer not a cop right?"

Sorry on colors

10. Likes Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Call me whatever color you like, as long as you call me handsome," he says with a wink of his glaucous eye. He knows it's likely a dangerous game, but he can't help himself. She's a babe. And he's willing to be beat up for beauty.

A little bit of tension drains out of Worm's shoulder when her other hand appears and he leans back in his chair. Holds his own hands up, "My paws remain to their own damn selves. No matter how much candy. Unless you say otherwise, of course." Those hands move to cradle the back of his head, elbows stuck out. The Colonel looks supremely relaxed, like he inhabits some invisible hammock.

"Nice of them, buying your drinks. Hope you got what use out of them you could. I tell you what: if you're dry, I'm dry. We'll drink another day." No need to get soused while she stays sober. That would be rude. And possibly dangerous.

The Colonel thing. He considers printing up business cards with a short explanation that can be handed out to the curious. "A little bit of both, really. Got the name over there. From my brothers," he crosses himself dramatically, but in all seriousness, "god bless (and forgive) their bloody souls. It wasn't really a rank, more a sign of respect than anything else. I use it to honor them. And to remember." Those last three words, their tone and timber, speak to a world of violence and blood-lust, a drive for revenge, beneath the Goblin's cartoonish exterior. Which shouldn't really surprise Circe, given their shared allegiances.

But if he was getting serious, he's not anymore. Not after her question. A cop? Worm?!? He can't help it: he laughs. Big and loud and warm laughter. It takes him more than a few seconds to get it under control. "Me?" more laughter "Me? A cop?" Sputtering. "Oh no. No, no, no. We're good." He takes a hand from behind his head and wipes a tear from his eye before it returns to its previous position. "No cops here. Or else I might be in trouble." Wow. That's a first. Worm's been accused of a lot, but never of being the Law.

"So, what do you want to know about me? Or what do you think I should know, being new in town and all? Just to be up front, I'm looking to stick around. So I want to get this," he points to her and then himself and then back again several time, "right. From the start, you know? I want to hit the ground running. Dive right in. Make myself useful."

This time he's going to give it his best shot, goddamnit.

12. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Handsome? But I thought ya were Worm. Well, okay Handsome," Circe makes the first bad joke of the meeting. There are likely to be more. That he opts for sobriety is unexpected, given his liase faire behavior. Oh well.

Circe raises an eyebrow and ear as the cartoon goblin explains his name. A label provided by trusted comrades. Circe could respect that. Nor does she stop her head nodding in approval, "Good on ya ta keep the faith with them." There is no hiding the approval in her tone either.

Her eyes are so narrow it is hard to tell that there is any red to him as Worm denies being a servant of justice. Circe is fairly sure he is honest. "Excellent," she smiles in approval, "That'd make my career and court interactions way too difficult if ya had been. And given the clients present," she nods her head towards the door, "The cops'd be in more trouble then us. I can always enjoy knowing more fellow, crooks, ne'er-do-wells, and troublemakers."

Now they are getting into the meat of the meeting. "Fair is fair, what ya should know about this little club. Yes," she nods and places her hands in her lap. "Ya know how some clubs have their motivational groups at odds with each other?" Whatever Colonel Worm says doesn't change Circe's reply, "We don't have that. All four cloves of the club get along, unless a leaf is missing but me and the other long haulers can work around that." A little bragging too.

"We do have some unwanted visitors," blue lips part into a feral grin, "So if ya swear in ta the club ya can expect ta help with evictions at some point. Or maybe get ta watch some lovely fireworks."

Then her arms are up and on the table, "So what do ya bring ta the table Colonel Worm? Where do yer skills lie and yer interests? Aside from not liking cops," she nods with a smile, "Ya have a job or ID? Ya interested in swearing in the proper oath?"

Circe couldn't do that tonight. She wasn't the reigning monarch yet and didn't have the stone with her. But if Worm didn't say he wanted to swear in, she wasn't going to tell him about the rock.

14. Likes pisces, Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Her bad joke inspires a devilish grin. The Goblin is clearly a fan of cheap humor. That Circe also indulges in the lowest forms of comedy bodes well for their association. "It's like how there are all kinds of names for an apple, Fuji, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, but in the end you can call any one of them plain old apple. I'm Worm, the Colonel, that asshole, Mr. Too-Damn-Good, whatever you like. But in the end, I'm always handsome."

The Elf's approval is noted and Worm returns her nod. "I've done a lot of shitty things, Circe. Before, during, and after. But those Boys in Red taught me that I could be better. That I can fight for something better. And the name is a reminder of that." He can't forget. If he does, who knows where he'll be or what he'll become.

"Well then, count one more ne'er-do-well among your acquaintances. Haven't held a straight job since...before. And even then, I was military, so it don't quite count. Now, I mostly look for the best angle. But I love to work the fights. Either getting in the ring, or betting on them that's in it. Parking lot, warehouse, basement, whatever. If there's money to be had and blood to be spilled, I'm there." As he talks, the Goblin pulls off his trench coat and turns to sling it over the back of his chair. The patchwork of scars visible on his arms, shoulders, chest, and back are testament to many fights, in and out of the ring.

Worm listens closely as Circe details the way things run in Sacramento, seemingly pleased when she mentions the general sense of community. That's good for Worm. He's tired of in-fights and power grabs among their own. It's one reason he's never found a place to settle down. Never made sense to him, when there are larger threats and targets out in the world--and Elsewhere.

"Well, I'm happy to do whatever I can. Don't much like to watch. I'm a Worm of action, you see. Mostly, I've spent my life soldiering and I'm pretty certain that's how I'll continue," until someone manages to put him down, that is. "I'm good with a piece," his fingers briefly make the shape of a gun, pew, pew, "better with my hands, and a god damn miracle with a Ginsu. And I don't mean cooking. Also, if you need sewing up after a scrap, I can manage it." A little bragging of his own. "I like dancing to fast music, finding sweet clothes, and making sweet love, and I'm trying to be better about giving back to our...community. I'm tired of looking out for Numero Worm-o. I want to help, any way I can."

Now comes the real shit: "No straight job. Most of my funds come from the fights, when I win or when I bet correct. And no real ID either. I came back on the other side of the border. After a long time away. Didn't seem worth it. Everyone thought I was dead anyway. Not that there were many folks that gave two shits. But I want to swear the oath, good and proper. Like I said, it's time for this Worm to become a contributing member of society."

A pause. "So, you got room for me, Boss? Because I'm ready to work."

16. Likes Origins, pisces liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well," she jokes with him, "Good ta know ya shant challenge me fer Queen Bitch of the Universe. Nor Smurfette, bunny, or pungeon master."

"Ah, good ta hear. So," she folds her hands as she eyes up his scars, "Yer also a pugilist. Ya will get along good with another hot club member."

And then it was Colonel Worm's turn to talk. Her ears bend forward to pay attention. Though she couldn't help but smirk at the mention of guns even whilst she thought she was probably better. Her facial ticks go from confused to I get you, when made the Ginsu joke. "I like pistols, though long-arms have there use. Like dropping a charging Briar Wolf packs." It was good that he was a doctor other then Titania. Too timid that one.

"Good skill set and interests. The joyfuls have a nurse but she's got her head in the stars," a pun Worm wouldn't know until he met Titania. "My hands are good at building. Car, armor, sword, gun, coffee donuts, ya name I make it. Or computers," she is bragging. Then he dropped the shit. Well, that was a pile. "Well, that is quite a load ta dump. Sadly," she shakes her head, "I don't have connections with ID making, I only know a few big names. Little too big," yes being on friendly first name basis with the queen pin of crime is good for business. Bad would be asking for un-earned favors. "Ya want a gun, kevlar, or magical pugilist gloves? That I CAN do. Other club clovers might be better fer ID. If ya don't mind lifting boxes of off the truck high velocity problem solvers," she grins, "I could literally hire ya," Circe pulls upon her tie, "There is a bit of a dress code."

Circe leans back in the chair, "As fer the oath, glad ta hear it. We got a special way of doing it. Plus," she jerks a thumb over her shoulder, "Ain't our season yet. I can't do the oath on me own. Just yer word or a lesser vow. Hmm," she thinks, "I haven't actually done a pledge on my lonesome fer months. Some mundies but those were shorties," mostly because that one guy intended to betray her and she'd put him into a Death pledge. "I can try ta belt one out. Both more monies, break no money. Probably works."

"Alternatively, I can just bribe ya with coin and set up a swear in with joyful boss," she then leans forward. Her eyes narrow as her Mantle flares full blast. "I will warn ya though. As hot as she may be, don't flirt. Her fiancé is the scariest member of the club. I'd help him if he decides ta kick yer ass," she makes a finger gun at him, "And I like my two besties more then I do you."

18. Likes Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"I mighta been called Bunny once or twice, but I'm not married to it. Happy to yield that title to you, Ma'am," he puts his arms out expansively, palms facing Circe, before drawing them in and folding his hands on the table between them. "Place I did my...time, it was all fists and knives. Damn near forgot how to fire a gun. Don't worry, I remembered quick when I got back." He sits up a little straighter, "So yeah, I'm a pugilist, though I may not be the prettiest fighter you ever saw. Like I said, it's a blade that makes this Worm's heart sing."

He nods along when she expounds on the benefits of firearms, "Oh for sure, for sure. It's just that I like it to be up close, if at all possible. As I said, The Colonel likes to dance." He puts one hand on his belly and holds the other arm out again, doing a seated salsa shimmy.

"Well, I'm no nurse. Never went to school, other than the field. But I know a thing or two. I can tend a wound or set your leg or arm. And I can do it on the fly." She explains about the ID and he gives a face that says No big deal. "Folks live in this country undocumented, off paper, for years, lifetimes, and make it work. I'm OK. Eventually, I might need to try to go legit, but for now, the Worm stays underground." Her job offer, though? That might be something. "Can't say I'd be an exemplary employee. But if I decide to play it straight, I'll let you know." Dress code? "And we can talk my wardrobe then." The Colonel isn't one to change his style for anyone, boss or not.

"How 'bout this, I'll give you my word and you put the call in to your hot bestie. I can't swear off some light flirting, that's the Worm Way," trademark pending. "But I promise not to make any real moves. Words are wind, right?" He makes a little fluttering gesture with his fingers in front of his mouth. Hell, the force of her mantle alone is enough to warn him off. "I won't cross Mr. Spooky. Scout's honor."

Time to change the subject. No need to litigate the details of Worm's charming approach to fine-ass men and women. "So, when it comes to our particular club, we got good numbers in town? We healthy?" What are they working with here?

FYI: Worm's just sworn a good neighbor oath with Rhodes in another thread. Continuity's a bit weird, so just kind of played it off.

20. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread