Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
(2103) Gerrit and Seraphina

Mar 20, 2021 : (2103)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"I like the colorful ones - Dahlias are probably my favourite ones." They came in so many different kinds, the gradient adding a little something to their beauty. Plus, some of them looked like blooming bruises - a testament of how one could find beauty in the most terrible things.
    "I don't know if I can believe you - surely you just say that to make me feel better?" Maybe it was the way she commanded the room tonight - who could believe her to have any noticeable failings? "Really it's just a matter of what plant needs what - just like with people."

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed John and Cassandra getting up.. getting - ready to dance? Why is she putting herself through this again? Of course her looking for opportunities to get close to him was the first thing Gerrit suspected. That image derailed his thoughts so thoroughly that he missed the first few words of what Seraphina was talking about. He snapped back his focus to the Queen. "Oh, that's interesting. Did it help you learn about yourself?" The words 'five years' echoed through his head. Five years of stability, five years of relative safety. Even without her beautiful voice the words sounded delightful. Foolish to think...

2. Likes , Shenanigans liked this post

0 Scenes

Ten days left my lovelies!

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

“Oh, those are beautiful flowers! I should add some to the coffee shop, there is such a variety of colors.” But she was always partial to purple. "Plus the fragrance of them is so unique and lovely."

Laughing, “I’m being honest. I’ve never had a green thumb, it’s something I’ve always struggled with. I like to think I’ve gotten better over the years, but it’s nothing I’m good at.” And it wasn’t something she would pick to make someone feel better. “I would like to learn to grow herbs for tea though, offer a fresher flavor.” Sure, she could keep buying them, but it might be fun to learn to do.

A nod as she catches John and Cassandra moving. To the dance floor? That would be great! Bring some happiness to the evening. They were very good at dancing.

“It did. It helped me find what truly makes me happy, which is helping others. The coffee shop has opened many doors for me in the charity world, and allowed me the money to donate and help local women’s shelters. Following what your heart desires and what truly make you happy is always the way to go. And if the flower shop is what would make you happy, then you have to go for it. We all deserve the chance to be happy.” A soft smile, “And you have not only your Season to back you up, but the support of the Freehold as well.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

5. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Maybe I could bring some of them over some day?" The thought of gifting Seraphina flowers made a smile spread on Gerrit's face - it was only appropriate. He mentally added a beginner's guide to herbs and their care to the list of possible gifts, should the occasion arise.

Hearing how much the Queen of Desire gave back to those in need made the Ogre respect her even more. There were people doing all this for good pr and then there were people like her, giving without the need to have those efforts acknowledged or answered. "Thank you! I will follow your example then: I will work on achieving my dream and I'll do my best to give back to the community." Was that notion too un-Wintery? No. John was giving back just as much as Seraphina as far as Gerrit could tell. Besides, those were doubts he shared only with his Court - even though at the moment it seemed like he could talk about anything with her.

Anything? The moment he had that thought he already opened his mouth, not being able to stop himself. "How much would you say do we owe to those we've already lost?" He stopped, seemingly just hearing what he said himself. "Uhm, I mean.. are we allowed to be happy even if we have lost what made us happy then, or should we keep paying respect to those we've known until we're fully over losing them?" Of course her answer would be colored by her Court's stance on the matter - but to be fair, so was his own answer to that.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The Treasured’s face lights up, “Oh that would be wonderful, thank you!” clearly happy at the idea. “I already have the perfect place to display them, where everyone can see them and their beauty.” And that was true. She would make sure they were center stage, showing them off, and advertising for Gerrit.

“I’m happy you’re going to work on achieving your dream. It’s a worthy one and one I hope will bring you happiness.” Because everyone deserved that.

Now this was a more difficult question. And she takes a moment to think it over, wanting to give the best response. “Not an easy question to answer, as everyone has a different view on it.” She begins, “I don’t believe we are ever truly over losing someone. The pain subsides over time, but it will always be there. Though I believe we are allowed to be happy, even if we have lost. Those we have lost along the way deserve to be remembered, but I see living your life to its fullest, and being happy, as a way to respect the memories. Being happy does not mean you forget what has been lost, it’s reshaping your life around the loss. Saving a spot for the memories, but allowing yourself to move forward.” Still a difficult subject, “Do you not think you deserve to be happy because of what was lost?” she asks.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Hearing Seraphina happy really did something with Gerrit: it was as if he couldn't feel the entirety of his aching body for a short moment. Small part of him, the ever-doubting one, objected that this was probably just the Fairest's Glamour, but that part got drowned out quickly. Seraphina really wants everyone to be happy, she couldn't have ulterior motives.

Could she?

He hoped the smile he showed her didn't betray his small hesitation - actually, after working with John he was pretty sure that it didn't. "Thank you. I'll make sure to send you and invitation, should it ever succeed."

While the Queen of Desire contemplated Gerrit saw John and Cassandra move from the corner of his eyes. He wanted to watch them, wanted to look out for Cassandra.. but how can you try to follow two glowworms when you're sitting in front of the sun? Sera's voice brought him back again. And like before, her words filled him with confidence and hope. This time he didn't even want to credit Vainglory for that. "I suppose you're right.. 'Reshaping you're life around the loss' - I like that." He tried to fit that thought into his existing view, examining it from every side and angle. To strife for happiness not by being selfish and abandoning, but by treasuring and respecting the memory. Somewhere else the two glowworms did their dance.
    There: the Ogre found a way to come to terms with the idea and his face lit up. "I think I know what you mean." Did he owe her more than that? A truth for the soothing advice she has given? Probably, but not all of it. "I.. it's just that I've made some decisions in the past.. I regret those decisions, but I'm coming to terms with them little by little. I just don't want to set myself up to losing and hurting someone else again without paying the past its due respect." A sigh escaped Gerrit's lungs and he looked down on hinds hands. "But it's not about paying dues.. I guess. The past is in the past and I'll have to move forward. Thank you, Queen Seraphina."

9. Likes , Shane liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Smiling, “I’ll look forward to it, and it will succeed! And hope you will allow me to purchase flowers from your shop to display in my coffee shop.” Advertising his shop would be a good thing. Especially in her café where flowers were the main focus.

Then an understanding nod, “We’ve all made mistakes in the past, but they help shape us into who we are today. We accept them and learn from them. Becoming stronger, and growing.” She didn’t like the word regret. “Personally, I don’t view past mistakes with regret. Because at the time, it was what I wanted and what I felt was the best choice. Every choice we make is the right choice, whether or not it leads us to the outcome we desired. It’s the choice we made at that time, with the intelligence, history, wounds, relationships, and everything else we possessed and were at the time. While it may seem like we could have chosen something other than what we chose, this is a false belief, one that creates tremendous suffering. The only choice we could have made was the one we made, precisely because it’s the one we did make. Had we been able to make a different choice, we would have made it. While the choice we made may not have created what we wanted, it’s presenting us with the lessons to be learned at this moment, and the opportunity to grow into who we are to become now. It’s the experience that is our one and only possible life right now.” Her smile soft and thoughtful, “That’s commendable, wanting to pay the past the respect it is due. But try and not dwell there. Take the lessons and apply them to the here and now. But I know moving forward can be a difficult road, with many bumps and turns.” Her voice understanding, “If you ever need to talk, give me a call. I’m always willing to listen and offer advice is asked. And sometimes, just knowing someone is willing to be there can help. I’ll even bring the coffee.” She says with a small smirk, trying to lighten the mood. “Thank you for sharing with me, I know it can be hard to.” It meant quite a lot to her, to have someone open up.

“But I don’t want to take all your time! You should be having fun, enjoying yourself! Having a drink, taking a spin on the dance floor.”
    It was Spring!
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes , Shane liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Her words were soothing in a way that was almost scary. She seemed sensible, but it almost seemed too easy. To move on, just like that? To be fair, he made it anything but easy for him self.. so for what it's worth he seemed to be moving in the right direction.

He looked back up again at the reigning Monarch. "Thank you. You've given me a lot to think about and I don't want to, uh, sully your evening even more. I will keep your offer in mind for the future." He knew that he was holding her up on her big night - her friendly remark about keeping him was probably a really polite way of telling him that. He stood up and then actually bowed slightly to her again. "Thank you again and enjoy the rest of the night."

He managed to look at his Courtmates: they seemingly were about to leave. Was John feeling unwell again? No, that didn't seem to be it. He hoped they were doing okay.
    Then he looked at the main location of the party - it was a Spring event, all right. The Ogre took a moment to consider what to do next.

Thank you for the scene!

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A gentle shake of her head, “You’re not sullying anything, I’ve enjoyed talking with you.” It might have been a more depressing topic, but it was still a good talk.

Standing as well, smiling, “You are more than welcome, and you as well. Thank you for the enjoyable conversation.” She hoped he would take her up on her offer if he needed it. But she knew it was unlikely, which was understandable. They weren’t close, and she wasn’t a Winter, trust would need to be earned.

Seeing her cup was empty, she moves back to the table with the tea, refreshing her cup. Catching Sonnie Wu , she smirks. Her friend had always been close by, and it warmed her heart.

Thank you for the great scene!
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

14. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread