Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2103) Gerrit and Seraphina

Mar 20, 2021 : (2103)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Continued from (2103)Spring Coronation...

Gerrit was looking around the room in a near panicked state - he couldn't remember the last time he actually attended a proper revelry and with Roshon's entrance he was pretty sure that this night could shape up to one of those.

His eyes latched on to the Queen of Desire as soon as she entered the room, though. How could someone miss this beacon of beauty? He experienced a strange mixture of emotions when he watched her walking towards him - excitement because she was noticing him, anxiety because by the looks of it she was actually considering talking to him, and most of all: awe.

Then she talked to him and all of those reservations didn't seem to matter anymore. She looked divine, but her voice topped that by a mile. It had the calming quality of a quite Spring morning. Gerrit smiled despite himself. "Good evening, Queen Seraphina. I'm-" he hesitated for the smallest moment. "To be honest: I'm actually a bit overwhelmed by all of this - please excuse my bluntness."

What was worse? Insulting the Spring Monarch's party or lying to her by saying everything was fine? Seems like Gerrit was about to find out.

@Seraphina

2. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The hesitation worried her, and his words sealed the worry.

There was a frown, before concern took over, “I’m sorry to hear that Gerrit. Is there anything I can do to help?” her voice caring, not judging. “And there is nothing to excuse, I prefer people to be blunt, it can make communications a lot easier at times.” Her sapphires study him, “Maybe some fresh air? Or a nice warm cup of tea?” it was clear, she was trying to help him and put him at ease.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Her caring words really cemented the grand impression she gave off. "I don't think so.. it's just: I have some really bad memories when it comes to drugs and-" A feeble hand pointing at the Chimera's gift. "Frankly I really don't want to be around any of this." The words just spilled out of him - he just felt like he didn't have to (more less could hide a thing from her. The Onyx Courtier's mantle flickered and shrunk, becoming a sheen of second skin to the Ogre.

6. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Oh.

She understood now. But her own dark memories would never be shared.

“Bad memories can take away from a fun and relaxing evening unfortunately. And I’m sorry you’re feeling that way. But, you don’t have to be around it.” Her voice gentle, “We could go outside. We have the clearing decorated with some music, places to sit and enjoy the warm spring evening. As well as a dance floor if you feel like showing off.” A hint of a smile, “Or just relax and sit around the fire. But I don’t want you to feel you have to be around something that makes you uncomfortable and stirs bad memories.” And she was sincere. “Maybe you’d care to join me outside? I’d enjoy getting to know you better, we’ve not gotten the chance to really talk, and the night air is lovely.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

8. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"That's true, we haven't. Uh, okay." He let Seraphina lead him outside, keeping his eyes firmly on the Queen of Desire. He definitely could breathe a bit easier there - it was less full, he couldn't really see anyone indulging in anything he had avoided since his childhood, and at the fireplace he could make out John and Cassandra. That was good.

"Thank you. I hope I don't keep you from enjoying your evening?" He shuffled around a bit, not knowing what to tell her. Maybe she wanted to do the talking - that also meant he got to listen to her voice some more.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The Nix was glad Gerrit let her lead him outside. Not everyone was a social butterfly comfortable in such parties. Throw drugs in and it muddles the waters even more. Though the drug the new face brought was tame compared to what she had done.

Walking over to one of the benches, she sits, carefully arranging her dress. Dresses were sometime tricky to sit in.

“You’re welcome.” And then a small shake of her head, “You’re not keeping me from enjoying the evening. The air is welcome and feels good, and I hope it helps make you feel more comfortable.” His comfort more important to her. Sipping her tea, she smiles, “How has the Freehold and city been treating you since you arrived?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit at first kept standing next to Seraphina, not comfortable enough to sit. The idea seemed wrong however: him acting as if he was of higher standing than her, so he followed her example and sat down. The night seemed warmer, more enchanting in her presence and the Ogre was glad he confided in her.

"It does, thank you Queen Seraphina." He pondered on her question for a moment - she deserved more than empty phrases. "It's been treating me very well. I've found friends I can trust and I feel like I'm finding my footing on both sides of life." He hadn't told anyone about the next thing yet, but maybe telling Seraphina was akin to casting the wish into the fire - maybe telling her would go a long way of making it come true. "I'm thinking about buying the flower shop I'm working at. It's kind of risky, but it's something I've always dreamt of."

12. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Smiling, “That’s good, and you’re welcome.” Taking another sip.

“And that’s wonderful to hear! Finding friends you can trust is one of the most important and valuable things. And with how hard it can be to trust, it’s something to be cherished.” Trust for them would always be difficult. Who to trust? Who was working for Them and looking to drag you back? There was a look of pleasant surprise, “If it’s something you’ve always dreamed of, you should do it! There will always be a risk in chasing dreams, but that makes achieving them so much more satisfying. I think you should do it!” she honestly encourages. “Have flowers always been a passion of yours?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Hearing Seraphina's blessing for his plans made Gerrit's heart flutter. Maybe when he thought about some other day - away from the Fairest's presence - he'd be less sure about it, but for now it didn't only seem possible but an inevitable certainty. "Yes. Well, not exactly- uhm, when I was little there was not much beauty around me. I came to appreciate the simple beauty of plants more and more as I grew up." He gave Seraphina a one-sided smile. "I guess now is the best possible time to really follow that appreciation." Then he seemed to remember something. "Uh, so has owning your coffee house also been a dream of yours? And - if I'm allowed to ask: how long have you been here in Sacramento?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Her face softens as she listens, slight nods here and there. “I’ve always been amazed how such things like plants and flowers can lighten up even the dimmest of rooms. Do you have a favorite flower or plant?” personally, she found it difficult to name just one. "Unfortunately, getting anything to grow and stay alive has always been a struggle for me." a bashful laugh, "I have Contracts to help with that now, but hope to someday not have to rely on it." maybe get her own small garden going in her backyard. Nothing fancy, but something.

“It is and you should! If you need any help, give me a call. Sometimes the red tape can be a nightmare to deal with.” And sometimes it was discouraging. “Actually, it wasn’t.” a light laugh, “I had been looking for direction when I first got here, and a dear friend suggested the coffee shop idea. And it was the thing I needed to really learn about myself and who I wanted to be.” Allowed to ask? “You can ask me anything Gerrit. It’s hard to offend me, and I have few secrets.” A smile. “But I’ve been here five years actually. And it’s flown by now that I think about it! Once you find that place you finally fit with, time just flies by.” Where did the years go?
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread