Apr 26, 2021 - Apr 29, 2021
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward smiled warmly, "I have been quite well. Work has taken a lull, but this comes as a blessing — the blessing of time. I now have ample chance to prepare for the hunt to come and hold vigil over those I have fed upon, thereby ensuring their continued health." It was an answer on the longer side, but Edward felt it appropriate to answer gentleness with openness. "And of yourself? How have the nights found you, Priscus Durant?"

Edward repressed mirth as JC set the stage and Quinn looked on expectantly, "If I may pose this question to you as well then, Priscus Durant. Our mutual friend Mr. Dirt Naps disappearance has caused me some concern. I have heard nothing, but as you were both closer to the man than I..." Edward trailed off as Jennifer approached and made her greeting.

How delightfully childish. It was an amusing snub, and Edward had half a mind to lean on his amusement and laugh. But no. Perhaps if this were not Court. Instead, he twisted a smirk into a smile and nodded, settling for a mirrored greeting: "Priscus Hazelton."

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable came to court wearing her favorite Jacket with black cigarette pants, black tank top and black heels. She stood on the stairs looking around as the beasts washed over her. Her own beast growled and entered her mind like the devil on her shoulder. You could take them all. Kill them now. Think of the blood and strength you would get. Mable was so tempted but the angel side took over. They are family, friends, and cohabitants of the domain, protect them all, make tomorrow a better day. The angel won out. Mable pushed beast down, you will get blood later...

She continued down the stairs and gave a nod to everyone in the room.

She wandered over to the group forming. "Good evening."

4. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

The office door opens and a formidable man steps out, holding the door open.

It was another night and thus, another Court. See and be seen. Let them know you are still here and in charge.

A nod given to Gabriel as she stepped into the room, who stepped back into the office, closing the door.

Observing the room, she feels the weakness wash over her. And the rage and disgust it invoked in her Beast. Who wanted the flesh of those around her, wanted to show its power. But not tonight.

Wearing a pair of black fitted dress pants and a vest, which had nothing under it. But was held in place by two small buttons. A nod was offered to Jennifer Hazelton , as befitting her station within the Invictus. The rest get smaller, more shallow nods. Making her way to her usual spot, away from the masses, but still able to see and be seen, she sits.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

6. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Good evening, Miss Wood. Glad you could make it.” It was good to have her here. Sure, he still wanted to kill her but she was familiar and friendly and good company.

“Indeed,” he replied to Quinn, part of him wondering if she was just being polite for the sake of court or giving a subtle jab on his thinking about being Reeve. More probably about the Reeve job they were doing, if anything. “Though maybe a little nervous about the upcoming evenings, and planning on how to take care of the Jackal.”

“I don’t know if you’ve seen my notice but I would hope to see you there as well,” he said to Priscus Hazelton, Edward, and Mable “Any help or information would be appreciated and go towards ending the Jackal’s threat to the domain.” Not subtle, but it plugged the meeting and answered Quinn’s and Jennifer’s question.

The Nosferatu leader’s insult was much more delicate but still came through loud and clear. From Heinrich’s reaction, JC wasn’t sure if the man didn’t get how cutting it was coming from the Snake, or if he didn’t care.

And his question about Dirt Nap stung a little. Part of JC didn’t want to answer. It wasn’t the Daeva’s business. Probably some sort of ploy to make his vanished cousin look bad by his absence. Of course, there was also the tiny part that hurt even more because JC didn’t really know. He gave a small polite smile.
    “Dirt Nap didn’t disappear,” though it felt very much like he had “He was called away on business of a private and urgent nature. Last I saw when he was leaving he was in good health,” he said simply, nodding a little to Quinn in case she wanted to share anything else “I wouldn’t be too concerned.”

The Prince entered. Much like Mable, another invading welcome face, even if court demanded formalities between them that made her harder to talk to. JC smiled and bowed. The beast felt smug that she didn’t dare approach. Which was incredibly stupid on its part but JC was willing to go with that view if it meant the urge to expose her heart wasn’t as strong as it could be.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

8. Likes , , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

(response is in order of appearance!)

Quinn's smile stepped up a notch as Jennifer approached. "I am as well as can be expected with so much going on. I confess to a shared feeling of anxiety with Mr. Smith over everything we have to face, and yet..." she paused a moment her gaze moving to include Edward, as their questions were the same. "I find myself moving with more courage because of our courts Kindred, and their willingness to answer a call to arms." She wondered how long Jennifer would be pissed with Edward. Knowing more about the situation than either of them were aware, it was easy for the Shadow to see both sides being wholly out of that mess that caused the row.

She nodded to Edward's question. "He is away on Covenant business. With any luck it will wrap up and he will be able to return to the Domain." It had really grated her last nerve that the Covenant demanded Dirt Nap's help. After he had taken on a Slave no less. She was depressed enough about it that any recruitment attempt would be tempting. Without a mentor, she was stagnant. Stagnation wasn't something Quinn had any intentions of allowing. One way, or another....

Quinn nodded in acknowledgement of Mable Wood. As usual her sense of style and wholesome beauty lightened Quinn's heart a bit. "Good evening, Mable. It is always a pleasure to see you." Quinn meant it. She had a soft spot for the Gangrel clan. The origins of that soft spot Quinn wouldn't permit herself to think of it in court. At the same time her beast made her want to run for the fucking hills.

Fuck you Rodger.

When the Prince made her arrival, Quinn swept down into a curtsy, bowing her head in reverence as she lowered her body. Taking her time with the movement to execute it flawlessly, and make sure it was well damn noted. Quinn knew her place. While she aspired to more, she paid her dues accordingly and never forgot that she owed her betters. It was a privilege to be apart of Alessandra's court.

10. Likes , liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The Lady Notary nods to Mr. Heinrich as he greets her, perfect to the letter for his reputation in Prince Alessandra's domain.

Our mutual friend Mr. Dirt Naps disappearance has caused me some concern. I have heard nothing, but as you were both closer to the man than I..." Edward trailed off as Jennifer approached and made her greeting.
    This phrase has been rolling around in her mind, and she tries to decide why she has issue with it. As far as she knew. she has never seen the Daeva speaking with the Gangrel with the fondness for cowboy attire. Now she gives Edward a closer glance, determining if he has an angle.
    Jennifer looks towards Priscus Durant, studying the other woman's expression. Attempting to determine how these words fell on the Mekhet. After a moment, Jennifer looks away. What reaction Jennifer saw didn't seem to fit what she knew of the other Kindred. She decided to think on it further, at a later date. Personally, Jennifer offers nothing. She did not gossip about friends.

Mable Wood enters, and the head of the Nosferatu Family gives her a glance of greeting. Mable was friendly, and kind to newcomers. She likely could have prevented the fiasco of Mr. Northbridge walking right up to the Prince.

"Good evening, Miss Wood. I trust that you have been well?" The Nosferatu's cursed voice slithers out.

The Prince arrives, and Jennifer sank into the deepest curtsy of the night, bowing her head to the Apex Predator. She raises her eyes, scrutinizing the Prince for a beat of the Mortal's heart. She had become aware of the change within the Prince, of her Blood becoming more, this past formal court. It makes sense, she thought. The challenges a Kindred faces pale to what the Prince navigates in her Danse. She rose carefully, taking several moments to soothe the Beast within its' cage. A cage it was, and when her face was smoothly composed. Jennifer intended to speak to the Prince, and soon.

Jennifer glances to JC Smith as he speaks to the group. Nervousness was wise, she considered. The Unknown were not pleasant bedfellows for Kindred.
    “Dirt Nap didn’t disappear,” though it felt very much like he had “He was called away on business of a private and urgent nature. Last I saw when he was leaving he was in good health,” he said simply, nodding a little to Quinn in case she wanted to share anything else “I wouldn’t be too concerned.”
    The Priscus gave a short nod to JC, in agreement with his statement. "Well said, Mr. Smith."
    “I am always willing to lend my experience with crime scenes.” She states when the talk turns to the Jackal. She recalled finding that coded message left by 'Diege' in her first invesigation in Sacramento. It was a good sense of purpose.

She notes the smile of the fellow Priscus, and gives Priscus Durant a rare smile of her own. They used to make Dirt Nap so uncomfortable, and it made her pleased for some reason. She had admired Dirt nap’s shucking off of tribalism, even if she found herself carefully adhering to the proper etiquette and protocol that the First Estate demanded.

Roll
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

12. Likes , pisces liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Okay. So. Tonight is going to be a night to remember. Or to scrub from the memory. Could she do that? ...Maybe? She'd have to look into that later. Either way, Maeve finally shows up at court after an absence of an inappropriate amount of time. Inappropriate in that she missed formal court and then got her ass served by her Priscus. She told her to show up, so here she is.

Maeve is dressed in a black, button up blouse with a peter pan neckline and a purple skirt themed with a graveyard with a black lace trim. Her hair is done in carefully laid curls and she's actually wearing makeup for once. When she does wear makeup on the very few occasions that she does, she does look quite beautiful. There is a certain look in her eyes though - she is starving. Restricted feeding sucks, but she needs to be acknowledged again in order to feed properly in the city again, so...

The Shadow walks into Elysium, lurking about the dark corners. She takes a moment to assess the situation before fully entering. See who all is there. Alright, Quinn, Mable, Jen... oh she's gonna rip me a new one. JC, Ed... ah, and yes, the Prince. Fuck. I'm so screwed. She hoped the Prince wouldn't ask for her excuse, it never will sound like a good one. It's about as good as saying 'welp, why did I disappear for a couple of months? I'm a Mekhet. It's what we do.' Though, nabbed by your sire isn't that horrible of an excuse.

When she makes herself entirely visible, she does what Quinn has instructed: be perfect. So, she gives her proper bows to every person of note within the room, particularly to the Prince. On top of her hunger though, she could feel the beast calling within her. What she wouldn't give to shut it up. Going all cat fighty wouldn't help it, as fun as it sounded.

She approaches Quinn first, simply out of the 'I must meet with my Priscus'. That and she told her not to go directly to the Prince.
    | BP 2

14. Likes pisces liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Another night, another facade of Sacramento's monsters. The Lord being no different in the monotonous effort, he dressed sharply to make sure no man or monster he encountered could mistake his wealth. He adorned the suit with amethyst cufflinks and the familiar Rolex.

The same ritual was performed as with countless nights before: straightening the cuffs and pulling the suit clean as he made his way down the steps of the Nox. Approaching the coat check, his beast began to stir with both anger and fear from the familiar presences just beyond. Upon entering the court proper he steeled his beast by bowing deeply to the Prince, "Your Grace," holding long enough to be certain of its notice. He then repeated the gesture with less depth to any domain officials present and finally bowing his head to each of the Prisci, starting with "Lady Notary Hazelton," and then moving on to "Priscus Durant"

It appeared so far to be a quieter night than most, a detail that the Lord appeared to appreciate.

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

Miss Kowalsic enters Elysium, assisted by a tall, athletic Caucasian ghoul with tailored suit slightly out of date in grey, with green dress shirt.
    The Nosferatu moves carefully at a set pace towards the coat check, where her long ladies cost is removed by her ghoul and checked. The ghoul is dismissed to go wait out of sight, joining the other ghouls in the appropriate room.

The Nosferatu is wearing a tailored knee length dress in emerald green with a black lace overlay. It's tailored over the impossible to overlook misshapen back. The childe walks carefully into elysium proper.
    Now, an expensive silver necklace is visible, a family crest on display in the safety of Elysium. Her dark hair is pulled into a simple french twist. She wears small stud earrings of precious gemstone- those who know recognize emeralds.

The young Kindred bends laboriously to serve a perfect curtsey to the Prince. She holds the bowed position longer than anyone else has, for she is the youngest and least of these monsters. She's wisely cloaked her Beast under obfuscate.

She rises carefully, and scans carefully for Domain Officials to curtsey to. The Nosferatu gives a deep bow to Priscus Durant. Another to Priscus Hazelton, held for a few beats longer. The Childe of an Invictus member gives a deep nod to Mr. Jack.

She moves to a table a little ways away, not approaching Mr. Jack or Priscus Hazelton. She sits with great care, then glances about. Scanning for someone akin to her rank whom she might speak with.

17. Likes pisces liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward smiled at Mable as she approached, her Beast more familiar than any others, "Good evening, Ms. Wood."

The Prince entered, and a deep bow was given.

JC made his plug, and Edward gave a polite smile, "I have every intention to attend, Mr. Smith. Priscus Durant has already spoken to me of some of the details, I look forward to rendering assistance." Edward nods in agreement to Quinn's words, not realizing he might be considered one of those willing to take up arms. Despite the near two years in Sacramento, he still viewed himself as something like a guest, and not a proper member of the Domain.

JC and Quinn spoke of Dirt Nap. "That is a great relief to hear." Edward actually did look relieved, "hopefully, his business goes well, and he returns to us soon." Edward had no idea just how soon that would be.

19. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread