Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"So," JC admitted hesitantly "I have a haven that is small and has limited entrance."

"However," he added "I haven't seen or felt anything trying to follow me there."

3. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled. "I am very confident that I fooled it into believing it had missed the mark on my haven when I ditched it. It must have figured out that the house I took the Uber too was an Air BnB place and no one actually lived there full time. Much less a Kindred." That tactic had saved her fucking ass on more than one occasion.

"We need to move on to planning the trap for it. We have to assume it can be man sized as well as as small as a mouse, cause it was definitely a mouse trying above my haven trying to find out if I was in there, or if it could get in. I think it was trying to draw me out, but gave up. It is either that, or its using Animalism or something similar."

She paused to let the importance of that information sink in.

"This means that this Jackal will be harder to effectively catch, keep in our possession, and haul in front of the Prince than an oiled pig. The bright spot is that it is very easy to attract. I will lure a mortal to our trapping grounds, feed, and leave them unconscious for our Jackal friend here."

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer walked confidently towards JC and Quinn. Her lips thin as she tilts her head to the side.
    "Confident? It did follow you to a haven. Have you set up defenses?" The Nosferatu inquired of the Mekhet. "You saw it leave, I am reckoning... " The Nosferatu considered the proposal.

"Are you thinking of setting up traditional animal traps? And it has followed Mable, Mr. Smith and yourself. Are we certain that it will only respond to Priscus Durant on the evening of the trap?" She questions. "I do like the idea of using Mr. Smith's haven as a trap..."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"An animal trap would be good. If it can turn to mist, a fast way to seal off the entrance would be better. Either way it's about... yay big," he held up his hands in about a two foot by two foot square "At the very least we can try and use it as a way to corner the Jackal." He expected they'd have to fight it in the end. "Even if we manage to catch or seal it, it could still try to dig or break it's way out. We should try to subdue or kill it if we can."

"And while it might not respond to only Priscus Durant, it has several times in the past." They had to go with what they knew and right now what they knew said she could lure it. "She places the victim in the haven, we hide, wait for it to enter, and then shove the trap in the entrance. Or seal it somehow. Or, give chase if it managed to slip out." It sounded so simple when you ignored you were trapping the victim inside with the monster.

"I don't have the funds to buy a cage right now," JC admitted "But if either of you want to get accurate measurements, my haven is below the bridge west of [x intersection] on the eastern bank." He was definitely going to have to change havens after this. He supposed he was lucky to still be staying at the House right now.

"Would [x date] be enough time for everyone to prepare?" It was good to have a set timed goal for this.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded to JC Smith. "That all sounds good to me. Let's give it a shot. Get this done. Your haven it is, Mr. Smith." She said with a small smile. Well. They had a plan. She hoped the others could quickly get the coroner information on the back end. A nice and tidy report for the Court was always the goal. Not to mention more info the more betta.

Quinn pulled up her schedule on the lap top, and made sure to pencil in "Hunting Practice." for the evening indicated.
    "Works for me."

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

She glances over to Miss Kowalsic, watching for a beat. Then she studies the group Mr. Moore is with for a moment, seeing that they seem to be moving along well. She looks between the two in her group, quietly processing their ideas for a few moments.

"I think that would be enough time. We do have the dual bite of enough time to prepare with not allowing it to claim more victims. All it needs to do is kill some Senator's niece or something... I will procure traps. I will walk by your haven to get an idea of the foot traffic," She tells Mr. Smith with her serpentine voice rolling out. She spoke with confidence, for all the Curse made her voice dip.

The Beast was a Predator, and one was justifiably nervous if another one was outside their daylight haven. Best to be direct and honest.
    "I would like to do the walk at the accurate time for the trap..." She looks between the two, casually inquiring on when they think the best time to rig the trap would be.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

9. Likes pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"We'll meet at midnight." Enough time for the coroner team to get any information to them. "And have everything set to spring the trap by one in the morning. An hour to go over the plan once last time, make changes if something was discovered, get a victim, and bait the trap." JC felt like his insides squirm a bit saying 'victim'. Considering they would be from close by his haven there was even a chance JC would know them. That didn't sit well.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Thanks everyone for a great scene. Let's move this plot forward!

Closed Thread