PRE

The talk about plans for the Coroner
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

Alexander looks down at the autopsy reports, somewhat doubtful of their significance, for the strange forces which seemed to protect the Kindred’s Masquerade may very well extend to whatever was feeding on their prey… And his utter lack of investigation ability held him back from making any conclusions. Moving on, he turned to Mr. Heinrich.

“Mhyes, I believe it would be for the best if Miss Mable were to accompany Mr Northbridge and I to the coroner’s office. She may be able to assist me in understanding what killed the kine victims, and to act as a deterrent should anything attempt to attack us. I personally wouldn’t mind having you with us but having so many Kindred moving about together in that place may arouse suspicion.” He stops talking and turns to Miss Mable. “Of course, only if you think it would be prudent to accompany me to see the body firsthand, I must admit my own skills in autopsy are underdeveloped.”
    Curse: Incredibly tall and emaciated, their skin is stretched over their large and bulky frame, with long limbs and a strangely shaped head.

3. Likes , pisces, liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

As the gathered Kindred break off into different groups, Milton steps toward the gathered documents and shuffles through the mass of information, looking for further details concerning the coroner who performed the autopsy: the name of the coroner as well as any other identifying information, the location of the facility where the autopsy took place, any other names of individuals involved (assistants, orderlies, and so on). Milton's keen intelligence is a finely tuned instrument, used to processing large amounts of information. For him, this is an amusing exercise.

2 successes

When Alexander speaks, the Lord looks up at the towering grotesque with a calculating look.

"Agreed, Mr. Moore. Occult acumen will be necessary." He does not say anything about Edward joining their party. The development does not please him. But he's more focused on the task at hand.

"The question is, how do we approach this situation? How do we gain access to the bodies themselves?" He pauses, thinking. "As I mentioned previously, it may be best to...prepare the coroner. Or another employee at the facility. Someone who can grant us access. And cover. I think it would be easier to do so before we attempt entry, rather than at the point of entry. Do you agree?"

Milton does not relish the idea of trying to bend someone to his will on the spot. Too many variables, too many things could go wrong. But, if he could reach the coroner or another helpful individual first, and in private, he could do his work without worrying about interruption.

He looks at his fellow Kindred, waiting to see what they think.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

5. Likes , pisces, liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"If you or Mr. Northbridge wishes me to not attend, then I shall refrain, Mr. Moore. I only caution that, while it would come as no surprise to see Ms. Wood defeat both the Jackal and Poacher, two attackers and two targets is an unwinnable situation for a lone guardian."

This was generous, two-on-one's were brutal. But, Edward didn't know what the capabilities were for any of the three, so Edward wasn't exactly lying when he said a victory would be no surprise.

Edward turned briefly to look at Quinn, who seemed to be discussing the plan for the Jackal, so Edward opted to stay with the coroner group for now.

"Your strategy of preparing the territory is wise, Mr. Northbridge. I propose the use of Ms. Kowalsic's police contacts with the aim of determining a night that will be less busy."

7. Likes , pisces liked this post

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

Alexander considered Mr. Northbridge’s words, having been so caught up in the excitement of a mystery that he had forgotten the real reason why they were doing this. Kine. To move through the world unseen by its denizens, and yet they were still hindered by them and their ways of doing things. “It won’t do to have us use our more exotic advantages when we can make use of our mundane powers. Miss Ma-” He stopped himself, somehow he had come into the habit of using the wrong name. “Excuse me, Miss Wood did mention some ties with the police, perhaps we could use those connections to find a opportune time to approach the coroner and see to the bodies? Maybe we could run a spiel that the local government requested a private detective to take a look?” Alexander wasn’t quite sure how to do it himself, he might be able to get in on his own, but he doubted the rest were as adept as he was at moving unseen. “Yes, I do agree, taking the time to cement our point of entry will be far easier if we work with a Kine beforehand.” Though how that was accomplished would likely be up to Mr. Northbridge.

“Hmm, then I hope you don’t mind joining us to investigate Mr Heinrich. I hadn’t thought we would be in any danger but perhaps it’s best to move cautiously when dealing with an unknown threat.” Hopefully there wouldn’t be a problem, and if there was, Alexander could just fade into the shadows if need be.
    Curse: Incredibly tall and emaciated, their skin is stretched over their large and bulky frame, with long limbs and a strangely shaped head.

Jennifer Hazelton

As Milton looked at the autopsy reports, he found a header on one of the pages. This would be handy to decide which coroner's office held the body in question!
    Sacramento County Coroner’s Office
    4900 Broadway, Suite 100

Alexander can see that the reports cover two dead people, both males. The anatomy figure that would indicate injuries to the area of the body is quite blank at a glance. A closer look could reveal what injuries, if any, were found. Or what evidence was found on the body. One wouldn't want an item that could identify a Kindred to be inventoried in an evidence bag in the police lock up...
    Alexander can make a Int + Medicine to decipher information from the report.
    All can make Int + Investigation rolls to determine any clues or insight

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

As much as it pains Milton to admit, Edward is right. With a certain stiffness, he gives the Daeva a nod, "You make good sense, Mr. Heinrich. I am glad to have your...expertise in the endeavor." Well, maybe not glad. But Milton is no fighter. And he's getting the feeling that Alexander isn't either, despite his outsized stature.

He gives the Haunt a measured look. "I will use my exotic advantages whenever I please, if you don't mind, Mr. Moore. I assure you, I am quite subtle." He looks back down at the massed documents while he continues, "In any event, we can pursue several routes of inquiry: the police and my contacts downtown. Any other sources of information either of you may possess are welcome, of course."

He holds up the paper with the coroner's address, "This is a county coroner, but the city may have information given the overlapping jurisdictions. Either we find a way to reach the coroner in question at a location other than their place of employment, or, as you suggest, we find them on a slow evening for our...chat." Who knows, maybe Milton could convince the individual to release the body to them. Then, the giant could work at his own pace.

"Private detective may not be the story to tell. They're too easily dismissed. I'd think it's better to go with a more authoritative entity. Perhaps a nameless state-wide or federal agency..." Milton's answering Alexander, but almost appears to be musing to himself as he continues shuffling through the materials at hand, looking for further points of interest. Anything to indicate who the coroner is: a name, an identification number. Further, he looks for any details concerning other people involved in the investigation or subsequent autopsy. The more angles, the better.

1 success
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

11. Likes , liked this post

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

Hm, well hopefully Mr Northbridge didn’t take that personally. Alexander listened to the Kindred’s further plans and elaborations, but turned to regard the autopsy reports. A perfect opportunity to prove myself and I hesitate. He hears a light crinkling noise and sees that he has gripped one of the pages too hard and twisted it. Straightening it out with a catching sigh Alexander reads the crumpled paper, glancing at Mr Northbridge and nodding along. The report mentions positions of the bodies when found and… Ah, there.

1 success

13. Likes , Endymion liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward nodded with a smile in response to Milton's grudging praise. Edward was not unaware of the undercurrent of negativity Milton displayed towards himself, but he did not begrudge the Lord his feelings. Even if Edward had been well-meaning, it didn't change the fact he had left Milton out to dry and then fled in their very first interaction.

Well, if something were to come for Milton this time, Edward would not flee. He almost hoped they would be attacked, just so Edward could prove it. Almost.

15. Likes , Endymion liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

ST post
    Milton and Alexander do find an additional name in the Coroner's paperwork near the end of their inspection. The original name of a witness remains. The report on the male victim, Royce Riggan, that was found at cemetery- A blonde hair was found on the body, long. Police cordoned off the area due to the timely report. Police interviewed the witness who found the body. Then the police interviewed a local college student, James Henrickson. James reports seeing the victim walk by him, but did not see anyone else. College student, James Henrickson, was ruled out as he was seen on an ATM camera a few blocks away at estimated time of death. There is a note to ask ‘Ward’ to make an additional 10 card for the prints before sending one to the police.

Yet in studying Harper’s page, someone can notice that there is a notation to Ward to run the collected hairs down to the front desk to be ready for the police to pick up. Hairs of the family Felidae, most likely Felis catus.

Yet the handwritten notes in fine calligraphy, what Miss Kowalsic had identified as the police paperwork, do offer up information. Carefully filtered information, for the names of the police or coroner's office employees are not recorded in the information offered up. The name of the college witness is offered: James Henrickson. He reports seeing a slim woman in the cemetery, police note this was the person who called in the body.
    The police note that the two cameras do not record any one coming or going around the time of death besides James Henrickson and the victim, Royce Riggan. There is a note of no defense wounds, Asleep or was he unconscious? The note is underlined, showing the emphasis the police placed on this information.
    The next page of notes shows that the police have not connected this to the body of Harper found at the bar. Regarding Harper, there were several interviews conducted -
    • One waitress says that the man was drunk. He was decent, tipped well. He didn't harass anyone. She notes that she saw a man with a beard follow him into the bathroom.
    • The bartender notes that the man was drinking steadily, was just about to be cut off. The bar was somewhat busy, it was a good night. He remembers one of the people who must already be drunk complained about a cat 'inspecting him' at one of the tables.

Alexander studies the positions of the lividity in the body and immediately notes that the bodies were in a prone position on the floor. Asleep or unconscious? The lividity proves that the bodies died in the positions that they were found in.

A glance at the graph proves that there were no injuries on Riggan. A turn of the page reveals that Harper, the victim from the bar, had a small nick on his face, a cut from shaving approximately 2 days old.
    Alexander can read over the note ‘to Ward to run the collected hairs down to the front desk to be ready for the police to pick up. Hairs of the family Felidae, most likely Felis catus’. There is an additional note that there are no bite marks. This coroner did swab for saliva, and found something on Harper’s lips. Not saliva. It was sent to the lab for testing. This was unusual. ‘I cannot determine the type – I would assume saliva, or some food particle. Yet the subject is jelly like in consistency. I have asked it to be run against the forensic teams’ tools, but doubt it is this. I asked Detective Grey, and he insists no one tampered with the body’.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread