Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 38
DISPLAYED
(2103) The Wishing Fire

Mar 20, 2021 : (2103)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Turnabout is fair play. If she hadn't been trying to find a center of calm in that moment, she might have snorted. Of course it was. Though, they'd probably caused a blush for each other enough times for the evening. Or, well, at least in his location. Home alone together with a tub of gelato and coffee was entirely fair game.

His squeeze was comforting, enough that she felt that she could start breathing again, trembling mostly subsiding. She lets out a slow breath, her eyes focusing on him as a way to ground herself as well. And the dance continues without a missed step.

<<"Of course it does. Every Season is like that. They all have their ups and downs, toils and dangers. We probably know that better than any other Season given the sacrifices we make, but then, we know what we signed up for there.">> There is a certain gravity to the code as she says it, more than she expected, but it just felt correct. She is fae - she knows better than to make any rash or quick decisions with her words.

Words are powerful; humans, fae, and the Wyrd can and will hold you accountable for them. There is also a difference, however, between them - she really did know what she was signing up for. She'd been through this before, walked these steps, done this dance, though in what almost feels like an entirely different life. The question was perhaps rather, did he know what he was signing up for?

<<"And thinking of the dangers of the seasons, at some point, we should talk about this coming Winter. Well after this, of course.">> She smiles faintly. This is turning into a dance of an entirely different level. Layer upon layer to the point it is almost difficult to follow, and it would be if you were looking in from the outside. The idea of forming an Oath with him at some point though causes another warmth to spread within her. Promises should have benefits, but even beyond that, there is also something to the idea of being Wyrd bound, even for a short time. Knowing that the other will truly take their words seriously, promises worth more than anything that can be written on paper, as it is sealed with your own will.

2. Likes pisces, Aeolus, liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He enjoyed the dance with her, this is what dancing was supposed to be. It was supposed to bring you close with a loved one, to get your heart beating, to get your guard down for all the right reasons. He never thought he'd ever be comfortable enough with someone to let those walls down, to be forever barricaded behind a barrier of ice he created to keep people out. He felt so vulnerable with her and it felt so free.

It was hard to keep the act up, but thankfully he'd picked a formal dance the rhythm of the routine keeping a segment of his mind busy enough that he could focus on that for balance; To keep up appearances. She speaks and he listens, listens silently for long moments as he took in what she'd said. What she had really said. "Yes, we know what we signed up for. Given the choice I'd make it the same one again." There was no need for the Cant with this reply, the answer to both layers fit together perfectly.

It was true. He knew there wouldn't be calm sailing forever, that his moralizing would likely cause a fight eventually. That it wouldn't be perfect forever, but he didn't want a fairy tale. He'd seen what those are really like first hand. He'd take messy and real over a perfect nightmare now. Her next response had caught him by surprise, his eyes snapping forward with an intense look. <<"Planning will take some time, have to make sure we consider all possible angles and how to improve.">>

The idea filled John with a terrified excitement, that was a serious leap he hadn't been expecting so soon. Perhaps she was caught up in the moment, she just needed some time to think it over. But she said she knew what she was agreeing to John. He was right but that still didn't mean she couldn't be caught up in the dance, no need to rush into it. If she feels the same way in the morning we can talk about it again. In the morning John?

1 success

His managed to keep himself composed enough, gray beginning to push up his neck threatening to reach his cheeks before he focused on the steps of the dance again, neck turning ghostly white once more. "Where are we even going to get gelato at this hour?" He couldn't help but give a laugh at that, the thought seemingly coming from nowhere.

Goes by the name: John

4. Likes , pisces, Aeolus liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

For their first outing as a 'not couple', pretending to be nothing more than friends, they certainly chose to go for the insane difficulty. Perhaps it was, to a degree, a large test for them both. Could they both get through these intense urges to reach out for each other? Avoid saying the wrong thing out loud? Could they keep it together in a stumble? If anyone in the Freehold was actually any kind of keen, they might have seen several of their errors tonight, but then, Cassandra didn't imagine any of them were actually that keen. Or really cared beyond the idea of knowing a secret, genuinely. Gerrit would be a different story of course.

His completely unfiltered words took her by surprise at first and she had to gaze up at him fully to make sure she didn't misunderstand. Of course she didn't. It made sense on all angles, but it was a hint of whiplash. You are so incredible. And she wanted to tell him so, but it wouldn't match up the same way. Instead, she just smiles up at him faintly, her eyes a complete mess of hazy longing and she nods. Me too.

"Of course." Did she really need to say more? Less was always more for a Winter and those two words expressed exactly what she meant. Of course it will take time and of course she is sure, but even beyond words, she shows it with her inflection, with her eyes. And it wouldn't be the first time she's spoken of the Wyrd with him before. At the same time, right now wasn't like the intense excitement of that evening. She wondered if he considered this another moment like that one, one where she might be overly romantic about it.

"There are so many places you can get gelato at this time of night, depending on the quality you want," She chuckles a bit, that little outburst of random bringing some lightness to it all. Made her take in the full atmosphere for a moment, listening to the music as they moved together, the crackling of the fire, the smell of the outside. It really does strike her then: hiding intense romantic feelings in the middle of the Spring Coronation, at the beginning of the season of desire, is truly taking a swing at this on expert mode. There is every element of a romantic evening here that could make you crack. She'd known it before, but this felt almost as if it was the first time she really could see it.

"I think I know a place open until one or two I believe, but we'd have to leave before then, of course. One of those places that does cookie deliveries, but also has various types of frozen deserts. Stupid eclectic. Or, we could just get some from the grocer-" she pauses, "Well, crap, those will be- oh, no, there are some twenty four hour ones, we just might have to search for one. Sounds like an adventure," She laughs then. "But hey, anything for my awesome monarch."

And that would be the moment she'd wrap her arms around his neck and kiss him with every kind of sweetness they wouldn't be able to find in any kind of dessert, bring their dance to a perfect close, truly channel every bit of that passion and longing into an action, however, that would be inappropriate. She could save it for later. Yes. Just a little longer.

6. Likes , Aeolus, Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John knew that this was a risk, that passions might boil over, that they might get swept up in the moment. They were swimming with sharks without so much as a cage. But he'd heard her words and knew she needed a pick me up, a good distraction. Because he knew he did after being passed over so many times, the life of a shadow. And it had worked, his face might be a flat mask but he felt the warmth of happiness in his chest.

He nodded his head at her words, his silent acknowledgement. They would figure it out together, they both wanted it so what could stand in their way? Sure it might take time but it was worth the time to get it right. Through it all John didn't seem the list bit worried or bothered, running on a fool's confidence. The dance slowly winding down as conversation slipped into the normal mundane as compared to the coded variety.

He held her hand giving it one last squeeze as he took a step back, tucked his other arm and bowed at the waist to her. Old wiring, rote memory taking over as he paid the proper respects to his partner. Moving back to the fire staying standing for the moment hands fishing in his pockets once more, the internal urge and debate raging inside him unconsciously.

"Grocery store sounds like our best for a sure thing then." Plus I can reup my smokes when I'm there, I traveled light today. A chuckle as he pulled out the case, the edge of it peaking from his suit jacket before sliding it back inside the jacket. "An adventure it will be but you're driving. No way I could keep up on the bus." He gave her a look at the last part, knowing what she meant but still having to wave it off. "Only as good as the people I surround myself with." That's right my little shadow.

8. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

She lets out a slow breath as their dance comes to an end. The formal one, anyway. She wills herself to wear a very passive smile and curtsies in a perfectly graceful, formal fashion. As soon as he moves back, she feels an instant chill with his absence. In reality, it is likely a little warmer, but having him that close to her, touching her, brings an emotional warmth to her that counters that. Instantly, she misses it. Misses him and he's only a few feet away.

She walks back to stand near, but not too close. Once more, a friendly distance. She gazes into the fire, a faint smile on her face and she nods. Great way to ease into why they'll leave together - friendly outing and she's driving. A little bit of that warmth returns thinking about how the rest of their evening will look. Cuddling up at her place with coffee and gelato, watching something or just vibing to whatever tunes they put on. Maybe another dance.

Cassandra rolls her eyes a little following his words, the modesty he has making her shake her head. "You don't need a foil to reflect just how wonderful of a person you are, John." There is a clear sincerity in her words. "You stand in no one's shadow." Maybe it is modesty, but knowing him, it is more likely he feels he doesn't deserve it. She runs her fingers through her hair, careful not to catch her fingers on the carefully placed braid. It had taken so long to get that done, though in perhaps another couple of hours, she'd be taking it out and it would just be a shadow of a memory with the rest of the night. At least this night will have been a good one. One to keep and put in the memory palace to pull out later and smile at.

10. Likes Shane, liked this post

0 Scenes

Sorry to cut in, but 5 days left!

12. Likes Shenanigans, Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

(ExitScene, +3 Stealth)Glamour 3 Spent
    PRE

Whisperwisp

He looked over his shoulder at her, head turned to the side as he took in a deep breath and sighed. Maybe one day he could hear that and believe it but today wasn't that day, that was a much longer road to walk. He could say something in either direction of it but instead he just nodded. He'd heard the words but even if they didn't resonate he couldn't deny she had meant them. That alone was worth something at least.

He took another long last look over the party, everyone seemed to be in good spirits more or less. He waves his goodbyes to Gerrit as he left, leaving his conversation with Sera who was talking to Sonnie, wondering if Sonnie was doing well. Then shifting to the bar and seeing Rhodes and Titania together smirking a little to himself before dismissing the thought. No, tonight he had off. No worries, no problems but his own. "I think our bartender is a bit busy at the moment, don't think our friend is going to make it back in time." He chuckled a little looking down at the watch Titania had given him.

<<"Remember how that act ended? Don't think I'll ever figure out how he pulled that one off.">> There was a mischievous glint in his eye. Gerrit was the first to leave which kind of opened the door to be acceptable to leave as well. Besides, if he was going to be overlooked he might as well use it to his advantage when he could. If know one knew when he'd left they couldn't say he'd left any bit early.

failure

John did what he did best, he just tucked his head down and slipped around objects almost bumping into a chair, stopping and adjusting it putting it back before he continued forward like nothing had happened. Hoping that the Lighthouse that was Sera guiding the souls to Spring would be the light that would mask his escape at least.

14. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

(ExitScene)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

She can't help but restrain a chuckle at his mention of the other Darkling going to get them drinks. Yes, they could totally sneak off before they returned. Or, at least, John probably could. He's the master of sneaking, isn't he? Meanwhile, she's a shining beacon of 'look at my pretty rainbow colors'.

As she watches him, however, he doesn't exactly succeed in being completely discreet. She'd have to do a better job...

Still, she waits a few minutes, taking a moment to stare into the fire. She's already made her wish, all she wants is him, but she can't help but think: I've fucked up so many things in my life. I've caused so much misery and I know that not even for a second do I deserve him. But can this please be the one thing I don't mess up? He deserves happiness and to feel truly loved and all I want is to give him that. It's dangerous, considering how the Wyrd so often likes to twist and play with the words of the Lost, but she means every word.

Cassandra lets out a soft sigh. Enough time has passed that she finally decides to sneak out. There are others far more distracting and striking than she is, so with her discretion, there is no reason anyone should really notice her, particularly as Gerrit is no longer there specifically looking for her. So, with that, Cassandra leaves the party, prepared to enjoy the rest of her evening of coffee and gelato with someone she cares for deeply.

Sneaking Out 2 Successes

16. Likes , Shane, Aeolus liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread