Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2103) The Wishing Fire

Mar 20, 2021 : (2103)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra makes her way over to the bonfire with a little bit more haste than she probably could have. Her heart was racing from the turmoil of thoughts in her head. She felt embarrassed and weird in all the wrong ways. This isn't what a spring coronation is supposed to feel like. It's her own fault though, right?

She crosses her arms, taking time to just breathe the scent of the smoke, listen to the way the wood crackles. While she's here, she does consider the little papers and wax. What was her heart's desire at this point? Frankly, she already had it. That thought seems to strip away some of the nagging, ugly thoughts of before. She shakes her head at herself then. Urgh. Cassandra, why do you do this to yourself? She bites her bottom lip. A somewhat amusing question occurs to her: Are you really a Winter at a coronation without some kind of sorrow and inner turmoil? She can't remember the last time she had a normal coronation. Well, Autumn wasn't bad, now that she thinks about it.

Her arms relax a bit and she continues standing there at the fire, the lights illuminating her emerald gown and only enhancing the sparkle of her prismatic skin. She runs her fingers through her scarlet hair, setting the locks better in place.

2. Likes Shane, , Aeolus liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John wrote on his parchment and folded it as he headed over to Join Cassandra at the fire. John liked fire when it was managed, it was warm, comforting, and this one was particularly lovely. The fire wasn't bad either. John set the paper folded into a tent a couple of inches away from Cassandra and then went and took a seat one away from her as he stretched and relaxed.

"She's right. Winter is over, I can relax and enjoy one evening. Plus we're in the hedge...that means I can smoke." He offered her a smile as he fished into his inner breast pocket to pull out the pack of cigarettes, still religiously tapping at the top as if it did anything before he pulled one out and used the fire to light his cigarette before putting it between his lips and taking a drag. It might be taking liberties but there was already a fire there and he was just doing as the Spring Queen directed.

He took a long drag and let out a cloud of smoke leaning back with a sleepy smile on his face as he enjoyed that first puff. "Would the Onyx Thane care to do the honors of burning my wish for me?" A flash of a playful smile played across his face and disappeared just as quickly before it was replaced with the cigarette.

Continued from (2103)Spring Coronation...

Goes by the name: John

4. Likes , Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

A warmth far different from the fire in front of her spread through her chest, fluttering wings making her breath hitch a little as John is suddenly there, setting down his folded paper beside her. She hadn't even been paying attention enough to notice him approach, not until she could feel the soft whispers of his mantle sending a sweet shiver down her spine. Those whispers have always been unintelligible, but now there is a definite sweetness to the memories it tries to evoke in her.

All of those negative thoughts from before simply vanish and all she is left with is that tickle of life, like a buzz from her lips to her fingers and to her toes. She turns towards him, the party well behind her with no one but him to see the affectionate smile of longing she gives him, her emerald eyes hazy with a warmth as the firelight dances upon her prismatic skin.

"Yes, and it certainly has been an eventful Winter, hasn't it? I think we can enjoy at least one evening before we go back to being the party poopers." That smile turns into a hint of a grin and then she turns back to pick up John's piece of paper, holding it gently between her fingers as she adds her own next to his. "Sure. I suppose I could burn ours together then."

She doesn't turn her gaze from him as she drops their papers into the fire together, their wax seals illuminating several colors together as they melt. For a brief moment, she had to wonder if theirs was a matching pair. For what did her heart truly desire? You. Just you. Only you.

Then she gracefully sits down near him, "How is the evening treating you? Seems the evening is filled with more life than just newly blooming flowers." She was rather surprised by the amount of new Lost. None of them seemed Winter, however, that she could tell. She wouldn't like to consider it a good thing, but she could admit inwardly that the intimacy of their smaller court is nice.

6. Likes pisces, , Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

It was hard to notice the Darkling, it was his curse, the pieces of him that had to be filled in. The scars from that place making sure they left their marks. Twisted scar tissue wrenched and shaped and fit to form. A chill ran down his spine as he took a deep drag, eyes starring off into the fire for a long second. It hurt to be reminded of that everyday.

But all it took was one look from those bright eyes, light of the mantle dancing across them but more importantly they had weight behind them. She saw him and he didn't feel invisible anymore, the pain of the last moment washed away. In thatDrawing him to that warm smile and John took a deep breath and had to fight to keep his face passive. This might have been a terrible idea. Or it's the best test. Touche me.

"You could say that again. As Monarch I reserve the right to party poop as I see fit. I believe the King of Sorrow is allowed to cry at all parties, it's in the bylaws. Think they turned it into a hit single." This is it now? What's next puns?No, we'd have to duel Circe for that, we can't win. He watched the wishes burn watching the color of the fire shift and change as the envelopes burned and released the hopes and dreams of the two.

"That's the difference between us I think. I'd have at least tried to sneak a peak." Those ever shifting orbs might have actually seen something too. He imagined her wish was as brief as his was and something that was shared between the both of them. And that thought caused his heart to flutter, making him shift in his seat.

8. Likes pisces, , Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

His comments make her chuckle and she shakes her head, "You know, I had just been thinking that earlier. Are you really a Winter Courtier at a coronation without some tears and inner turmoil? But hey, if your tears are melodic enough, maybe we can use them for a dance next Winter," she teases quietly, knowing she should be careful not to flirt too much. Although, this level is playful enough to not be suspicious in her mind at least. And it isn't like anyone else is around.

There is just something about watching him shift and do his best to keep a neutral expression that gives her a sense of joy. Her partner, so composed most of the time, up until she smiles or gazes at him just the right way.

"Sneak a peek? Me? Never." She makes a dramatic gasping face and then lets out a slow sigh, the tone of it neutral, but her gaze betrays just how taken she is with him, "You aren't supposed to ask for people's wishes. You could guess maybe, but that might be considered rude. So, yeah, I guess it's Just You then," Saying it makes her heart feel as though it is fluttering. It felt good to somehow be able to sneak that in. Perhaps it is something that makes it special, it staying between them, but it doesn't keep that longing to just take his hand and dance with him like they had that night from bubbling up with want inside her. Simple, swaying movements, sweet kisses - just happiness.

Doesn't mean it isn't what we can do immediately after. The thought of that makes her smile and she begins to wonder how long they'll be able to share these sweet moments alone together here. For as long as it lasts, she's going to savor what she gets.

10. Likes Shane, liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He gave a soft chuckle at her joke, enjoying the banter and the moment. It felt natural, it felt right. "If they were I dare say you might be facing some stiff competition." Laughing along with her as he leaned back though he always kept her at least in his peripherals for now even while distracted. Face shifting back to passive as he listened to the fire crack and pop, hearing the fire flicker. He was relaxed for once, letting the dance wait for another night.

"Maybe it's Just You who wouldn't peek and I said I would peek. Peeking isn't asking." He chuckled and raised his eyebrow pointing with his hand that was holding the cigarette before he brought it to his lips again It was hard not to smile, but he did look over to her letting her know with a look what he couldn't say in words. Then he exhaled and rest his hand on his knee again. All the unpleasantness, all the stress, and all the worry just wasn't there anymore and he thought he understood what home felt like. It was hard not to do more, to be away from her. He wanted to reach out, to be close to her, but there was still this damned, accursed space between them. "While I'm going crazy for the night I think I'll get ice cream on the way home."

12. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Slikana Senka
    mantle Spring
    (scent of fresh cut grass)
    language
    (conversational Latin)
    fast reflexes
    (gymnastics)
    resources
    (need somethin?)
    Slikana Senka

PRE

Wyrd
    Tunnelgrub

Slikana approaches the fire writing on the parchment. Using the wax supplied, he will seal the the folded parchment and place it once upon his forehead, once upon his lips, and finally once upon his chest. With this gesture, Slikana will place the parchment upon the fire and watches it burn. Slikana's lips move in an inaudible wish and his eyes mist over as memories come forward.
    Spring mantle sent of freshly cut grass and newly turned garden soil.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Oh. That was a good one. It isn't something that should overly amuse her like it does, but coming from him, it just hits the right way. She brings a hand up to her mouth to stifle the laughter that threatened to echo loudly throughout the garden, her cheeks reddening some as she holds it in, biting her bottom lip a little with a smile. Her cheeks hurt some from the action and she had to let out a very slow chuckle.

"Yes, I could see you being very stiff for me in competition." As soon as it comes out of her mouth, her eyes widen in a hint of surprise at herself. Whoops. We're going to ignore just how... yup. The area is clear. It's fine.

She clears her throat a little, her cheeks a bright red and she is incredibly thankful she is faced away from the party so that no one else could see it. "Only You would care to make that distinction. Either way, sneaky magicks. Sneaking peeks could make the wish not come true and that would be very sad." She teases him a little. Actually, it would be tragic. Now that they have each other, it would feel like disaster to be apart. It is hard enough dealing with this, double speak when she'd much rather be telling him everything she means to say.

"Ice cream? Something other than coffee and stale donuts? I'm aghast. I think I'd have to see that to believe it." She shakes her head with a small smile.

It is then that the newcomer arrives and Cassandra stiffens a bit. Okay. Now it is time for hard mode apparently. No. Not hard mode. Bad mind. We're not even- nope. Kay. Fine. Breathe. One of the new ones it seems.

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

It was nice to sit there trading jokes with her, he kind of wished he had more things to throw into the fire as he starred at it. Another long pull of the cigarette before tossing the end of the butt into the fire to burn up as he exhaled.

failure

James who could usually keep a poker face could not stop the blush, that gray shadow that pushed up his neck and into his cheeks. The fire was hot but his face was burning. Absolutely stunned into silence. He hadn't been considering another cigarette until that moment. Just something to distract him. His fingers fumbling in his pockets as she continued.

Unfortunately all it took was that one moment to recognize he'd been playing with fire. "Sneaky is right but that's only one way to look at it. The other way is you gain someone who wishes to help you achieve your dreams." James found it easy to slide into other people's perspectives, helped you connect.

He smiled and held up a hand that was currently gripping a zippo in it as Silkana threw his wish into the fire. "Welcome to Sacramento. I'm, uh, John, King of Sorrows. This is the Onyx Thane, Cassandra" The Wisps shifting, shadowy eyes looking over to the other Darkling. "And how are you?" Voice soft as his flat tone would allow it to be.

"Oh you said the magic word. Coffee. Coffee and gelato, now that sounds like a treat. I don't often get the opportunity to treat myself." Mostly because it means scrimping and scrounging or worse cutting back on cigarettes. Finally flipping open his zippo again to start the ritual of lighting another one.

17. Likes pisces, BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post

PRE

Slikana approaches the fire writing on the parchment. Using the wax supplied, he will seal the the folded parchment and place it once upon his forehead, once upon his lips, and finally once upon his chest. With this gesture, Slikana will place the parchment upon the fire and watches it burn. Slikana's lips move in an inaudible wish and his eyes mist over as memories come forward. Recovering from his remembering, Slikana will realize that John, The King of Sorrows had addressed him. "Oh hello. Please forgive me, I am Slikana Senka. It is a pleasure to meet you both. King of Sorrows...That is the Winter court?"

Slikana will Bow to John and Cassandra both in turn. Upon returning to a standing position, Slikana's eyes will flash with recognition of the darkling before him. He will smile politely and answer King John; "I am doing wonderfully now that I have found a home. I hope to become a helpful ally to many of the folk here."

He will find a comfortable place to sit within view of the fire and the other occupants and open one of the tubes he pocketed earlier. Reaching for a lighter and finding his pocket void of one, he chuckles and stows the blunt back into its tube.

Continued from Spring Coronation

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread