Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Underground) Crystal and Tiny?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 14, 2021 : Underground After Hours with Jaze
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

It took him a hot minute before he realized they weren't even walking towards the exit anymore. He briefly considered following through with his ruse (and yeah, he definitely could use some fresh air), but right now he didn't really have the mental capacity for any advanced scheming. For now he just rolled with it, even if it meant rejoining Kaze and Jennifer earlier than anticipated.

The pats on his back sent a shiver down his spine and he had to actually tell himself to get a grip. But fuck, when was the last time he actually had something with anyone who could string together two sentences - let alone the almost poetic outpourings of this one? He needed to stop salivating and start actually contributing to the conversation again. "Makes you wonder how the craze for unsweetened drinks came to be then - are you saying people want to surpass their regular human nature by denying their craving for sweet wine?" That was of course a very simplified summary of how he understood Tiny's arguments. "Or has being 'just' human fallen out of style?" He didn't comment of chemistry being a lie - Matthew probably couldn't even begin to understand how true that statement was and how far reaching the Lie actually was.

When Tiny stopped the lizard part of Crystal's brain yelled out triumphantly, but instead of a makeout-session in the middle of a beer exhibit he got a nice talking to. Despite himself Crystal smirked. "Appreciated. Also good to know that I need to be more direct with my compliments in the future."
    Frankly, the Mage didn't really take in all of the plaques, pictures and information about Sacramento's breweries - for now he just enjoyed the adrenaline rush and the banter. "Short answer? A lot of stupid decisions and a friendly suggestion of my superiors. It's supposed to be a fresh start of sorts. I'm afraid a more in-depth answer would be third-date material. How about you? You mentioned you just got your license - mid-life career change?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes , , Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny listens intently as Chris speaks. He says nothing, mulling the words over. "That is my perspective, but that's probably not the truth of it. Perspective is something I focus on quite a bit. While I see it as denying enjoyment, perhaps they see it as surpassing or transcending their humanity. Or something else entirely. I'll have to interrogate you more about your perspective, perhaps later over wine." He raises an eyebrow. Were he not the apex predator, he might feel like he was being hunted by Chris. As it stands, he instead feels like he is hunting the poor man. And like everything Tiny hunts, he does intend to catch it. Eventually.

"Oh you can be as abstruse as you'd like, I enjoy a good puzzle. But like a dry wine, subtlty can misconstrue dark cherry for plums."
    He winks, and heads deeper into the exhibit, settling in front of a section about the early breweries and the multi-racial backgrounds.

"Superiors? Interesting turn of phrasing." He says nothing, turning to the next plaque. "I can appreciate the goal for a fresh start. I left Cleveland to make a name for myself outside of my family's work, and while it was a mid-life change, it was more a change of venue than change of career. I will have to endeavor to keep you entertained enough to get to a third date." The joke of third dates and gay men was rather painful, but Tiny was hopeful Chris was not going to play to that stereotype.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

4. Likes , Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

The prospect of to continue whatever later over wine made Crystal smirk some more. "Deal. Just know that you're getting out of that promise - I do have an excellent memory." The lawyer's raised eyebrow was met by a playful wink. They were definitely playing cat and mouse, the roles ever changing and up in the air.

The Warlock followed, still mostly watching Tiny instead of taking in any of the interesting things the museum had to show him. "While there's a certain excitement in coquetry, I've come to realize that people who just refuse to take a compliment bore me. I know my worth and I happen to think that confidence is sexy. So to get rid of any lingering ambiguities: I also happen to think that you're sexy." Like Tiny earlier, Crystal was looking for the short man's eyes to make sure he had the full attention and could drive the point home.

He listened to Matthew's story, trying to put it together without assuming too much. "So you come from a family of famous lawyers? What happened to make you make that jump?" As for further dates, Crystal couldn't help himself. "As of now all you'd have to do is not ghost me again and actually text me to earn your next date." A chuckle, to show that he's not being too serious. Just a little.

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"I'll remember that, you have lost your excuses to forget anything." Tiny grinned, and slipped his arm through Chris' as they continued down the corridor.

Tiny smiles and says nothing for a moment, letting Chris' compliment soak in like a hot sun. "Well thank you, I happen to think I'm sexy too. Confidence is sexy, on that i'll agree. I also find Aggression, Subtlety, and Surprise sexy. And you are handsome to boot." He throws a glance towards Chris' backside.

Tiny barks out a laugh, he would certainly not tell his mother what Chris had called her. He'd never get the blood out of the fur. "Oh, Judges more than anything. My mother is everyone's least favorite judge; a stickler for the rules as she likes them, and isn't afriad to toss people out if they don't show proper respect." Or rip them in half with her bare claws, but that was only for the particularly egregious. "My mother sucks up all the air in a room, and i was going to suffocate staying in her shadow."
    Tiny pulls out his phone, and texts a quick message:

Want to get out of here?
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

8. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

With Tiny's arm around his own Crystal also moved closer, taking in his company's smell and warmth. This venue seemed to grow more and more annoyingly public - he idly wondered if Kaze would mind him bailing out of this educational evening.

"Oh, if that's what you're after then I'm your tripple threat. Not to mention our shared appreciation for a sharp wit." He took Matthew's compliment and stride and pretended not to notice any uncouth looks. It's not like he's not used to hearing that.
    Meeting the in-laws was far from Crystal's set goals for the night, so he just chuckled at the grand judge's description. He could relate to Tiny's urge to carve out his own path though, if what he told the Awakened was true. Parents suck sometimes, no way of sugarcoating that.

Then he watches the lawyer type something on his phone, and shortly after he felt the faint buzzing in his coat pocket. Busted. He hoped to gain some sympathy with an exaggerated sigh and an apologetic, crooked smile. "All right, give me some legal advice here: is it feasible for me to claim entrapment here?" He released Tiny's arm and made a point of fishing out his phone, all the while meeting the shorter man's eyes. "In my defense: I really hoped that Jennifer wasn't as interested in the same exhibits as you." With his point made, he finally read the message and as soon as he did the lingering smile on his face widened until it showed his teeth. Hell, the Mastigos actually licked his lips. "I thought you'd never ask. Let's bounce."

Fade to black or scene change?

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Fade to black. Great scene!