(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The Polychromatic sighs a little, "I appreciate that. I've always said that with the emotions of our court that we identify with, it isn't that we embody them - we master them, overcome them, use them to better ourselves and the world around us. We identify with sorrow; it fuels us, makes us more cautious, attentive to the world around us, but like the emotions of all of the Seasonal Courts, it can drown us.

"That situation caused introspection. It is something that made me recognize my beliefs a bit stronger than I had before. Perhaps that is a good thing, honestly. We may need to disguise certain thoughts and feelings, but you have to know what those are to do so." It is something she has thought about often. The events that shaped her as a person. She can remember the person she had been, the one poisoned with the sharp edge of Sorrow, but she doesn't know how she got to here. How can you be without so many memories and have changed so heavily in ideals? It is almost like they aren't her memories at all. She is no fool to doubt their genuine nature, however.

She nods, understanding how easy it is to miss your own pushiness. "I will say this from what I have viewed of Vivian: I don't know that she would let you pressure her. She is a Summer and an Elemental at that. No one can cage an Elemental or force them to act against their will. Their whole world could fall apart. Still, I'll let you know if I see you pushing boundaries. I'd say the word promise if I were human, but the Wyrd likes to be tricky with us, so best not." She chuckles a bit at that. "I will do what I can."

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit couldn't contain a slight smirk when Cassandra talks about Sorrow and its dangers. "You know, you do make a great Onyx Thane." Even though she might not want to hear it, she possessed a sharp mind and the emotional maturity fit for the position. The Ogre considered for a second, then he gave the Fairest a warm look. "Every time I talk to you, you make it all seem so easy. Troubles, worries, emotions - with you I feel like I can untangle them and get to the bottom of things. Thank you." Even now he felt like there was another angle of Sorrow he just found because of Cassandra's insights.

"And thank you for being my friend. I- I couldn't imagine what I'd do without you."
    And that was the truth. For all the confusion, the anxiety and the worries he carried with him, for all the hardship and pain that has become a part of his life - it was friends like Cassandra who had his back and carried the burden with him. Gerrit sighed and smiled.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The compliments makes Cassandra blush a little bit, pursing her lips a little, "Oh, well, uh, thank you," she chuckles, a little stammer. It's hard enough trying to get used to the occasional sweet thing John might say, mainly because it is odd hearing it from him. She also loves hearing it from him. And then thinking about him makes her heart quicken. Push it awaaaaaay. She's had to do that so often to herself. It is as if every little thing immediately brings him to mind. Significantly worse now than it was when it was just a crush.

"Well, I'll say, semi-untangling yourself from similar emotions helps you tell others where they might be able to undo the knot, so I do what I can." A faint smile at that, "Of course. We've got your back."

"Now, why don't I play you that earworm so that you are raging about having it in your ear for weeks." She laughs before walking to go get her instrument set up to play it with the instrumental music she'd programmed behind it. Always better played live, of course.

When Cassandra plays this piece, it is catching in the most hauntingly beautiful way. It makes you sway to it, it digs into your heart, makes you want to sing to it to learn it as quickly as you can. Of course, it'll be in your ear for so long that you'll learn it whether you'd like to or not.

Play the Earworm - 5 Successes

5. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit smiled and nodded when Cassandra said she'd have his back - once again the feeling of belonging coursed through the Ogre. This is my family. I have to choose the people I want to surround myself with and then I'll have to work as hard as necessary to keep them close and safe. The Ogre seemed content with the result of this conversation. While Cassandra prepared her instrument Gerrit picked up the plates and cutleries and started cleaning up as much as he could - he didn't want to overstay his welcome or leave Cassandra with the mess he left behind, after all.

He was done by the time she was all set up and sat down again. He didn't know what to expect, but once he heard the music he couldn't help himself: the rhythm was so catchy that he almost immediately started tapping his heels to the music. For Gerrit, the way she created music perfectly showcased everything he thought of Cassandra: there was heart, there was life, and there was intelligence.

"Huh, that's really nifty! Good job!" He got up, applauded the Artist, and at the end he exhaled heavily. "I can't imagine anyone not having this tune stuck in their ear for at least a week." He took a few steps towards the exit. "I think I might have to call it a day, though. Thank you again for your patience, your advice- and the banana bread." The emphasis on the delicious baked good to ease any awkward tension his visit might have brought. "I'm really grateful to be able to call you a friend."

And so Gerrit said goodbye to his friend and went home with the thoughts in his head slightly less muddled and cluttered.

Thanks for the scene!

7. Likes Shenanigans liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread