(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra is in the midst of finishing readying her apartment for Gerrit to visit. Lately, she'd had instrument pieces everywhere, her crafting business beginning to rise. She didn't want to overexert herself, but she was enjoying it. As she is cleaning her apartment, she's been listening to the mixtape playlist John had made for her. She wouldn't want to admit to anyone how many times she's listened through it.

The Polychromatic had felt like she'd been walking on air for the last month and some change, every late afternoon waking up and being reminded that she has a tangible reason now to smile throughout the day. No more longing, unrequited feelings, just remembering what it feels like to fall and know she'll be caught.

Today, she is wearing a blue handkerchief style dress and her waist-length scarlet hair is down and loose. In general, she looks casual and relaxed today, her skin bright with her ever shifting prismatic colors. Perhaps today she is happiness personified. No real consideration for how Gerrit may perceive her demeanor, but then, this is a simple social visit. Nothing important, right?

A kettle is on the stove, slowly heating up for tea. Now it is just a matter of waiting for Gerrit .
    Aeolus

2. Likes pisces, Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

It took a while for Gerrit to work up the courage to ask Cassandra about his.. what was it exactly? His turn at teenage drama? See, you can't even put into words what's bothering you.
    True, and besides: he didn't know where the Fairest stood with her feelings. He hadn't heard from her in weeks, but he had reason to believe she was suffering silently on her own. Now asking her for advice could do one of two things - it could open up her wounds in that regard (which would be bad) or it could distract her from her plight.

He decided to take action after the third night of dreaming about Vivian. Well, Vivian and Lisa. He needed to talk this trough, make sense of it. Plus, he really should ask Cassandra how she was doing, regardless of any romances or non-romances.

He arrived at her apartment a bit early, but waited outside for the arranged time before he actually knocked. The weather was warm enough that a dark green hoodie sufficed, and together with a pair of jeans the usual ensemble was complete.

When she opened the door, Cassandra was met with a warm, careful smile. "Hello. Thank you for having me - how are you?"

4. Likes pisces, Shane, Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The Polychromatic opens the door for Gerrit, stepping aside to let him inside. The smile upon her face is pleasant and genuine, "Of course. We haven't chatted in a while, so it's good to catch up."

She walks over into the kitchen, a little bounce in her step as she goes to prepare herself a cup of lemon ginger tea. In the background, very softly, the music is still playing, having started over from the beginning of the list. "I'm doing well, things are going well with work and the like," she recognizes then that she is acting a little too happy. Whoa. Chill out, girl. You keep acting like this and he'll figure it out. If anyone is gonna find out, it's not gonna be her fault... "How about you?" Yes, shift the conversation to him instead.

"Oh, and what kind would you like today?" She asks as she begins steeping her bag.

Turning toward him, she tries to get a better look at him. She had wondered with his texts if 'nothing' was code for a 'whole lot of something'.

How you doin' there Gerrit? 1 Success

6. Likes pisces, Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Seeing Cassandra happy like that was a relief for Gerrit. If he didn't have something he wanted to talk about, he would have questioned her demeanor and maybe even suspected an overcompensating act to cover her misery.
    Currently her good mood put his bad conscience to rest. He let himself in noticing the music with a stray thought (John would like this music) and looking at the various parts laying around. "I can see that - glad to hear it. How many instruments have you built in the last few weeks?" There was a real sense of awe in his voice, but it made him question his earlier assessment of her mood - was she burying herself in work?

"I'll have a Rooibos again, thank you." He looked at her as interested as she was in him, and the Ogre saw no reason to hide his feelings to his friend: he was confused, felt guilty and ashamed and most of all he was waiting for life to deal its next blow. All of these things were present, of not very strongly. A shy, pained smile appeared on his face. "With some milk, if you've got some."

8. Likes pisces, Shenanigans, Shane liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

She has to consider that question. How many instruments had she had commissioned over the last few weeks? "Around 9, I think? Been going back and forth between projects on upper level and doing mid-level instruments. I'm working on a project to build instruments for some of the local schools. Feels like a good use of my extra time."

As she examine's Gerrit's demeanor, she develops a rather concerned expression, but she masks it as she is putting together his tea. "Alrighty, and with milk." She says softly, moving across the kitchen to grab some out of the fridge as she considers her next move.

He seems pretty bothered and confused about something. How do we want to approach this? Direct? Skirt around? What works for Gerrit?

"I noticed you haven't talked about how you've been feeling yet," She won't dance with Gerrit. "Something bothering you?" There is a gentleness to her voice as she walks over with the tea to set it on the counter near him while it steeps.

10. Likes pisces, Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit just whistled at Cassandra's workload. Apparently the Artist had found a different calling besides playing.

His smile faltered a bit when she asked him straight on. Funny how he still needed some kind of permission to talk about what's bugging him. But that was a project on a larger scale, something he had to work on himself some day.
    For this one he just considered for moment while watching her work in the kitchen. "It's kind of silly I guess, but uh-" He still didn't know how to say this. Labeling the picnic as a date meant to raise expectations, meant coloring the whole situation in a certain way. Gerrit went to the next chair and sat down before continuing. "How long is long enough to mourn for someone you've loved - or whom you still love? I mean.. on the one hand I know that I won't be with my family ever again. I've made my choice, even if there are days where I wish I hadn't made it. But it's been only a little more than a year since.. you know? Is it wrong to move on?"

12. Likes pisces, Shenanigans, Shane liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra pauses, listening. It's exactly what she'd asked him not too long ago. Right before they finally... Which means that Gerrit is feeling the same way about someone else? Well, this is a development. But who? The wheels in her mind are already turning. There weren't exactly many women in the Freehold who- well, it doesn't have to be another Lost, does it?

But then her mind starts traveling to a reminder of the Winter sacrifice... No. Don't go there.

"I think you told me not too long ago that there isn't a set amount of time that can or should pass before you catch feelings for another, right?" She picks up her tea cup and takes a sip, giving a moment for him to consider that.

14. Likes pisces, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

If the Ogre felt some kind of way about how Cassandra served his own advice right back at him he didn't show it. "Yes, but- ugh." A sigh of frustration escaped the his mouth. He got up and went to his cup of tea in motions that were more violent that they needed to be. Rooibos and milk, their traditional feel-good beverage. For one brief moment he wanted to throw the cup against the wall, to get rid of that memory of them.

That moment passed, he forced that impulse away. He wanted to fight for a new life, didn't he? He swallowed hard and brought the cup back to his place. "There is so much going on in me, so many reasons against it that I don't even know where to begin." As if repeating what he just said Gerrit stopped for a moment. He put his hands tightly around the hot cup and gave the Fairest a rueful smile. "Well I guess I should start with what this is all about. Sorry."

"Uhm, so I asked Vivian out to have a picnic - not on a date, just to get to know each other!" That part seemed important to him. "But then this new Lost arrived - Oscar or OC, I don't know if you've met him - and he kept in ragging on about how Vivian and I were on a date." His hands were shaking a bit, the heat of the cup obviously hurting him. Probably not the way to stop picking at my scabs John would approve of. Slowly he put them on the table, looking down. "Now I got this idea in my head and I don't know where it came from and if it's real."

Something occurred to him that moment: this was almost exactly Cassandra's situation a few months ago. He knew it was ridiculous but he felt like he was just copying her hurt, not creative or capable of finding his own Sorrow. Maybe he should try to copy the good things about her then? A slight shake of his head got rid of that notion. Another piece of advice he gave her: he needed to start trusting his feelings somewhere, get rid of as many uncertainties as possible.

16. Likes pisces, Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra did not expect Gerrit's reaction, the way he moved, it... it kind of worried her, made her feel some kind of way. Then he came to a calm and she relaxed. He's stressed and an ogre. She's probably misreading it. Him talking about there being so much going on and not knowing where to begin - that felt more than familiar.

"Take a moment to breathe. I know exactly what you mean. It feels like reality is being ripped to shreds, right? You never can quite figure out where it is coming from or why it is there, but it just is and you have to find a way to deal with it."

She takes a moment to think as she sips her tea before setting it down on the counter and moving a lock of her hair out of her face and behind her ear, "So, you hung out with a girl, someone pulled the middle school dating thing, and now you kind of like the idea of it?" With the way the words are chosen, you'd almost think there is amusement to it, but her voice just retains its sweet, airy tone.

"Well, tell me about these feelings you're having then. The ones for Vivian."
    She pauses and then adds, "And don't be like me and start adding speculation everywhere. What does it feel like being with her, talking with her?"

It really did feel like an exact mirror of the conversation they'd had not so long ago. But is she going to warn him about the danger of all of this? He deserves to be able to be happy... and it wasn't like they were following it to a t either. Then again, they were keeping it a secret, so it is different. Could Gerrit keep any relationship of his a secret? And then suddenly she began to feel bad, recognizing that she is lying to him, even if it is just by not mentioning it.

18. Likes pisces, Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

He took Cassandra's advice and just breathed. Finding a way to deal with it. Yes.

"I know how silly all of this sounds. I don't know." But he knew, he just was too ashamed to tell her. He sipped at his tea. There was no point in not talking about it, since he started already. "She said that I- that all of this was beautiful." He half-heartedly put up his hands to illustrate what 'this' meant. A surge of sadness made his throat suddenly feel very tight - he fought through it, and coughed slightly. "And I don't know if she meant it that way or if that's just her way of seeing things. Point is, I don't think anyone has thought of me that way in a long time."

Breathing in, breathing out. Something in the Stonebone's lungs rattled with a wet sound, like lose phlegm or blood. "Yes, I don't want to speculate but of course I'm questioning if I'm just latching onto the first woman showing me affection, or if I'm reading way too much into it and now I'm about to make a fool out of myself."

He realized that this didn't really answer Cassandra's question, so he considered again for a moment. His hands found their way to the cup again. "She has got this energy, this will to live and enjoy every second, you know? I look at her and I could get lost in her eyes and I wonder if we would be too different.. and then I wonder why I'm even asking myself these questions. And I want to give her reasons to be happy, like I want to give you and John those reasons but somehow differently. I want to.." He shrugged.

Then, without any segue: "She looks incredibly young. She said her real age was probably really close to mine, but it'd be weird anyway. Right?"

20. Likes Shane, pisces liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread