Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well shit, that's more than fair." He said with a laugh pointing out he'd been the only one this whole time, often finding it difficult to escape his own little world of thoughts, ideas, and dreams. "Got it. Be secure and use my Sanctum if I have to as it's better than not using a hallow at all. You're right though, if there's more than one of us on the path as well it means we can benefit from team work as much as each other's discoveries.

"I don't know what you're selling me exactly but consider me curious at least. I'm willing to at least bite a little." Guru really had no idea, he'd been taking a shot in the dark when he'd guessed originally so he hadn't prepared much of a follow up. Besides he really was intrigued, not like they wouldn't be working together in the future anyways.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella turns to face Guru more fully.

"Why, I thought I was suggesting you might find what you seek in the Mysterium. There is at least one other alchemist there and plenty of other mages who would no doubt be willing to assist your project in some way or another."

His voice was deadpan. The look that passed over his face might have been described as 'cheeky'.

"I'm curious. What exactly, do you think magic is?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

“That’s what I thought. Well, I like my independence but you've demonstrated how much easier things would be as a team. Let me know when you're meeting next.” He nodded in understanding though the next question caught him off guard. “I’m going to say I don’t really know, not really. I’ve heard the stories of Atlantis but don’t know how much I buy into it having no evidence of that world. You could argue that artefacts are relics from that bygone era or they could just be expertly crafted by past, or future, masters.

“To get theoretical; I saw the tower and signed my name so I know there’s higher plane of existence and that we reach into that plane and draw forth our power that crosses through the abyss, tower acting as a lighthouse of sorts to guide us on our path.

“Plato has a philosophy that there’s our world then there’s the ideal world. A world where there’s a perfected version of everything. The table we’re sitting at, the chairs we’re sitting on, everything. I don’t know if Plato was trying to describe the Supernal but that’s the idea that rings the closest to true for me. Or, more likely, I'm swimming out of my depth."
    He said with a laugh at least able to recognize where there were gaps in his knowledge.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella chuckled, smiling along with the Shaman.

"Thats a fair response. And you are right about the Watch Towers - they are Beacons guiding the way."

He paused for a moment.

"And I have to admit, I like your thoughts on artefacts and evidence. Atlantis is a strange thing, and so is the Supernal. I'll let the others know and see about getting you an invite - or an introduction. No pressure. Think about it. Not all Mystogogues are like me. There are many are like you."

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Tied to our souls which I now know exist which brings with it a load of questions as well as a boat load of theological, philosophical, and cosmological implications.” Musing mostly to himself, as those were big questions and a different field than he was focused on at current.

“A diverse set of people brings diverse ideas, which works in the organizations benefit. More ideas, different ideas, and skills to cover gaps. Doesn’t hurt that I consider myself with most of your number, the only person I haven’t gotten that close to is Corn but that’s probably because he’s wrapped up in his studies. I should probably buckle down going forward but…” He shrugged, a smile on his face. Guru couldn’t just STOP the other pans he had in the fire they were just as important to his future as his studies.

“Sounds like a plan, though it’d be a fun surprise.” Trying to picture Aurora’s face then Crystals when he showed up for the meeting. It gave him amusement to think about even now. “No pressure at all.” Said the ever-relaxed Shaman. “So what are your thoughts on Atlantis and the Supernal, or that too long a conversation?”

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella's eyes gleamed.

"My thoughts?"

He grinned. The smile fading rapidly as took on a thoughtful pose. After a long pause he spoke:

"I could talk your ear off all day and all night. But if I was succinct: Atlantis existed. The Ladder existed - indeed, continues to exist in some form or other - as indicated in Atlantean lore. I believe that the Supernal doesn't just inform the tapestry that holds the Fallen World together; I believe that the Tapestry - magic itself - is a living thing. As a living thing it is sacred and that is why I don't cast spells that often... The Abyss is a wound upon the tapestry; a wound that we inflict time and time again by our own hubris and carelessness. That is what I believe."

Scattered in his few words were gobbets of Mysterium maxims. The Moros' eyes landed heavily on the Shaman and waited for a response.

We got a few days left. How about Guru responds and we can wrap it from there? Shane

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"We'll have to have a deeper conversation about it another time then, over a bottle of wine or fine whiskey." Guru listened finishing up his last square of brownie before he leaned back and listened thinking for a second as he considered Campanella's word, a more in depth discussion would definitely be needed.

"If Atlantis existed per the lore it existed within the Supernal. We've been there haven't we? At the anchor point. We pull magic from the supernal through the abyss and to the Fallen world was my understanding. Are we siphoning power, creating a channel?

"The tear is the wound by I think the abyss would be more like an infection or cancer. It's slowly eating away at that energy you speak of, corrupting it, adding it to itself until in the end it is everything and the host is dead. The host in this case is our two worlds. Question is, in our hubris, can we stop it or is it inevitable?

"I try not to use magic where it's not necessary or just because it's expedient because of the aforementioned reasons. Even these experiments are pushing those boundaries but if they haven't been done before perhaps we can glean new information on the nature of Magic or the Supernal itself. But yea, more talk with proper lubrication. I know Aurora would want me to bring Absinthe."

He said with a laugh before standing up and offering a hand to Campanella with a smile. "It'll be nice to see what it's like, thanks for the talk I look forward to the next one." He'd move to leave, straightening up the tables and chairs making sure to clean up any mess leaving the rest of the pan with Campanella himself able to get it back next time they met.

His brow furrowed as he headed out pace slowing as he looked up for a second. "What if it's self-fulfilling? What if we do work to save it, what if that was the ladder all along and there's a zero-point in time that's totally unchangeable. Shit..that's heavy."

Sounds good to me, we can wrap it here to get it into continuity if you'd like!

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Oh my friend, if you have touched the Watch Tower, you have been to the Supernal Realms. You have walked in your Primeval realm; just as I have walked the halls of dread Stygia. Think on that!"

Awesome scene

10. Likes Shane liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread