Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
Diners, Werewolves, and Dives

Starting the OOC discussion of the Diner, werewolf only location vs site.

I'm down for either. Werewolves might be the least play nice with others or competes with Hunter for that title, so having the Diner as a SHARD-able location might not be great. Site-wide means a purchasing everything necessary to make it a SITE from site rules, which might likely fall to 1 person having to shoulder the exp spend burden. It's the same issue we run into with our Totem. Pack members come and go so fluidly that having having totem benefits from collectively contributing to the totem is nigh-impossible. As pack members leave their totem points would go with them.

Venue specific makes things a bit easier on the accounting side of things, and renders the location as a set-piece. No benefit to be had other than the ambience and cool-factor. It might also be a nice excuse for some to pick up a dot of resources.

My two cents, please refute and discuss.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Doesn’t everyone still meet at the Smurf’s (Emily’s) garage? BYOB? That’s a shard able site already rite? ;-)

Sorry if I’m out of date on current events; I confess I am one of those former players in the venue...

The Pack's current Node is changing due to the stadium development... though IRL that's currently in the air with the developer pulling out a few days ago.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Emily's garage is just that - a backdrop for pack gatherings.

If the garage was to ported into other venues, then Site rules would kick in.

If we simply want a backdrop for werewolf stuff, we can just let it happen. Its only if we want to use the diner as a backdrop for Shards scenes that it becomes an issue. Which was why I bought it up as we'd need to put some thought into the Merit and its prerequsites as a group if we wanted a Shard-able location.

I don't mind either option.

If we want to mix with other splats there are other options - including Nexus.

6. Likes Ruach, Mark liked this post

My vote is for the venue-specific option. If, in the future, people feel it should be made into a proper site, would that be possible with the appropriate expenditures, or would it have to stay venue-specific?

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

So thoughts in columns:

Pro: site wide
    it would integrate werewolf into the other venues. we are pretty isolated aside from emily.
    all of the other shards are big blowout areas, this would be a quieter smaller place for more grungy folk.
    we might even make money from it, which would give the pack resources.
    and wolf would have its own place for the first time in the sites 11 year history.

cons:
    it'd be expensive xp wise. our three longest serving pack members would be out of character to get the status and influence needed to keep a place open.
    it'd be a big hassle, because while we may get staff from it, we are designing this place to be run by us. that means every shard needs one of us behind the bar, flipping grease bombs
    if we do it without staff, it'd be closed to vampires, as we would run it during the day (so that we can get up to wolf shit at night), which might ax the whole plan.

regarding development: if the development falls apart IRL, then we as a pack have even more work to do (a perk, not a problem) to keep the diner going. But its even money right now if it will go through.

proposal: a 6 month grace period after we get it built and going. If we can keep the diner running for 6 months as a site venue without falling apart, then we can propose that its gotten "hip" enough for others to have noticed it.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

10. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow, Mark liked this post
Closed Thread