Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Doin' it Rite

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Clarion Call's Ithaeur and self-proclaimed resident Ritemaster - It's a gender-neutral term, live with it - took her Pack role seriously, even if she had been forced through fire to get there. But what it did mean was that she knew several Rites and Rituals no-one else did. It was her specialty, a link to the past, and a part of being both Wise and Cunning meant making sure people had tools their enemies never expected.

So, she had offered to teach.

Music blared out of the stereo as Baby was up on blocks, the mechanic lovingly tending to her favourite toy, singing tunelessly. Her employees were gone, and this was her time to chill - tweaking and poking, removing and cleaning until all of the Mustang gleamed.

It did, however, mean her attention was never fully on the open bay door, left open so willing customers or, in this case, approaching pack members knew she was home.

Two empty beer bottles were stood on the side, a third being used as an impromptu microphone by the encouragable werewolf while she dances under the car, talking to the car and stroking it's underside lovingly.

A Makerith keeps her promises - anyone welcome for some Auspicial teachings from Emily!

Also strongly recommend the youtube link - it amuses me because of our Pack name.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Mark, Endymion liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Blasting music wakes Bleeds Well up from a nap in his workshop out back. He'd burning the midnight oil as they say, hunting.patrolling and working in his forge like a wolf possessed.

He enters through the back door, hair an unwashed and unkept mess, soot stains on his face, and a knife in his hand.

Squatting down near Emily, he wraps his knuckles on the car to get her attention.

"Knock knock sis, come out of there I have something I want to show you," he nearly yells to carry his voice over the music. He stands up stepping back and holding out the knife. "I thought maybe you could bind a glass spirit in here and we could get it to Hector as a gift."

The knife he holds is a finely crafted piece of steel.

PU: 4

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Endymion liked this post

Street Stalker
    Presence
    (Terse)
    Contacts
    (Street, Criminals)
    Status
    (Street)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Bird

PRE

A voice calls out from beyond the open bay doors, "Hey-yo!" Its Bird announcing himself and he appears in the entrance shortly thereafter, a lit menthol hanging from his lips.

He hesitates on the threshold, looking in, making sure he's got the right spot. He spies Bleeds Well crouched next to the car and what appear to be Emily's legs protruding from under the vehicle.

Seeing he's got the right place, Bird strides into the garage, looking around curiously. Nods, seemingly impressed.

Satisfied, he leans up on one wall, trying his best to ignore the music. Takes another drag off his smoke, eyes on his pack mates. "What's up, y'all?"
    Primal Urge: 1
    Crashing: Primal Urge: 1

6. Likes Mark liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Wha?!" Emily jumped, lost in her own world. She rolls out and hustles over to the old stereo and rolls the volume right down to a background level. "Heyyyyy fellas! Sorry. Just enjoying my 'me' time. Whatcha got there?" She wanders back over and gently takes knife, turning it over and whistle a low whistle. "Pretty. I'm no weaponsmith, but I can tell quality. Heard you banging around back there most afternoons." She runs a thumb along the blade, winces as the honed blade slices the skin easily. She licks the blood away and waits for it to heal up, passing the knife back. "Glass spirit huh? Why glass? You got a specific fetish in mind?"

She looks to Bird. "You all settled in man?"

Draining the last bit in the bottle, she grabs the empties and throws them in a recycling box. Shuffling into the office, she comes out with a large box full of assorted ritual oddments. "Could one of you guys grab the shutter? Then we can get started with a bit more privacy. Also, any specific rite you wanna learn? I'll try and pull out what can."

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

And then Hector appears!

The Alpha steps from the street and pauses at the garage's threshold in a terrible swirl of theatrics; as if, in his mind, he and the pack were in a cheesy TV sitcom and he as at last made his entrance: cue canned laughter.

Hector is carrying bags of food. He calls it... food. The herd would probably call it fast food. Animals probably wouldn't go near the stuff.

"My People! I have arrived! And I bring you the gift of food!"

He actually manages that with a straight face - or at least, a face as straight as a crooked, manic, homeless person could make.

"Glad to see you, Bird. Good to know you've chosen to stay on a while."

Hector starts looking for a place to deposit the warm bags scented with fat and condiment. He moves, head synchronising with the beat behind the blaring music. As he hunts of a desk, a table, eventually (if nothing suits his purpose) the floor, he notices Emily Makerith and Bleeds Well are conversing together.

"Whats that? Someone has been busy."

The significance of the object thus far eludes him.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

9. Likes Mark liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

1 success to hide away the knife

Bleeds takes the knife back as Emily passes it, and it disappears into his sleeve... but not before Hector catches a glimpse.

"Glass spirits tend to be sharp, jagged, and they like to bite." He replies in a low voice with a shrug. He steps away from the Ritesmaster and turns, trying for nonchalance as he tucks his hands in his jacket pockets.

He wanders over by the food sacks and sniffs, his face scrunches up at the smell of grease. He looks to Bird and Emily and motions with his head for them to partake. Hard Pass

"Thank Boss, wondering what Rites our Sister might perform today. We could hunt..." there is a lilting in his voice, a bit of hope in that sentence.

"Or maybe offer some chimmage and bind a spirit, gather allies in the changing landscape." he offers another shrug.

Street Stalker
    Presence
    (Terse)
    Contacts
    (Street, Criminals)
    Status
    (Street)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Bird

PRE

Bird takes another drag off his menthol, watching Emily and Bleeds Well through clouds of smoke.

"Yeah, I'm good," he replies to Emily. Doesn't take much for Bird to feel at home. "I'm down to learn to share the scent, you know that one? I seen someone use it once." A useful rite.

He turns to get the door as Emily requests when Hector appears, food in tow. He gives the alpha a nod of respect and is on the food immediately. "Glad to be here. Thanks for the grub," he salutes Hector with a burger.

When Bleeds Well passes on the food, Bird shrugs and grabs extra for himself. He's gulping down burgers and fries hand over fist, watching the shenanigans with the knife. Catches Bleeds hiding it away. Doesn't say anything.

1 success, follow the knife

He looks to Emily, "Any more of that beer?" Food's good. Makes a wolf thirsty.
    Primal Urge: 1
    Crashing: Primal Urge: 1

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily sniffs the air, her eyes drawn over to Hector's gifts. "Hey, cheif! Good to see ya!" Ironically, given she is staring at the bags instead of the Alpha. She lickes her lips. "Oh, Bleeds has just been working on some weapon crafting. Wanted to know if there was anything for making fetishes." Eyes still locked to the food.

The Rahu's comment drags her attention back to him. "Binding? Uhhh.... sure? A little more than I had planned, but totally doable. Thought I would handle what you guys wanna know first."

She shrugged. "Uhhhh..... that's one I don't know. I spent the years before the Call alone, so I never bothered learning it. Since kjoining I had to bone up on a lot of areas more important than that. But Bleeds Well can do it." The Ithaeur sounded a little bitter.

"Really? Make yourself comfortable why doncha?" She shoots at Bird, but her face is all smiles. "In the office, on the right - minifridge. Grab a few." She shuffles back under the car, tightenes a few bolts and wanders back out, grabbing a bag of food and tucking in ravenously.

"So! OM. Have any you guys done complicated rituals? Binding, banishing?"

13. Likes Mark liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector finds a spot for the food and begins unpacking it - you know, just to tease his pack-mates even more.

"Me? Ah that would be a no. I can call down the Lunes when I carve your story into your soul... But thats the only rite I know. I can't even dedicate my clothes. But... Clothes are easily to find. Still I think it would be useful to have."

"How about everyone else?"

He had never asked about what his pack mates skills and abilities were before.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The Rahu nods, "I'm complete shit at it, but I can teach Share the Scent."

When Emily tells Bird where the beer's at, Bleeds Well catches his eye and twirls a finger in the air, "Sensuous."

"Pretty much all I know boss," He answers Hector. "I could probably pull it off with a group this small. My Grandfather's pack would perform it as part of their sacred hunt. Before releasing the quarry, Grandfather would get a taste from the spirit and wait, he'd share the scent with the pack. Once the rite was complete the Hunt began. As packs become bigger, sharing the scent becomes harder. The blood becomes diluted. So when our numbers our small, like this, sure no problem, but when the whole pack is present. It'd be a real struggle for me."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last