Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Blue Cue is pool hall and restaurant with a full bar. It sits down town, in the upstairs of an older building. The name comes from the blue felt that covers the various pool tables. Walking up the stairs leads you to three glass walls that allow you to see inside with a tint of blue to them.

Tonight, was Pick Your Poison night, which was $4 you CALL it and $5 premium liquors. So there was a crowd, but not a huge one. The music was loud, but not as loud as a night club, with a good beat.

Off to the side, was a roped off pool table, with its own couch for seating, tv, primo spot in the pool hall. Know who has the location? Aurora. Or as they knew her here, Madison Cross, famous Contortionist! Her fame had a few benefits. And she frequented the place. She might suck at pool, but she liked the atmosphere and music.

Which was where you would Aurora this night. Behind the rope, sipping a milky green drink, checking her phone. She wore skinny jeans and a top that looked like it was part of a lingerie set. Was it? Or did she buy the top as, well, a top? The Shaman wasn’t saying, but she loved how it looked with the jeans. Her blonde hair was down, and her makeup was pretty minimal, just some lip gloss.
    Xadun Phoenyx Vulture Kaliska

2. Likes Ruach, , Shane, liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenys has gone a little more conservative than her last time out, with a little leather jacket. She finds Aurora and smiles as she approaches, though it looks distinctly more nervous than last time.

Eyes widen as she seens her friend's outfit. "Um... did you forget to put a top on?" she asks curiously. She glances around, looking a little edgy. "Is Dee here yet? I'm supposed to be her boss.... are you sure this is okay?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes , liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

When you came to play pool you came dressed to play, so of course Guru had more than one leather jacket for such occasions. He came nearly skating into the room behind Phoenyx, stepping along with the music that came behind him as he was carrying four shots already. Though he was counting for Skye, not whoever this Dee was.

His big entrance was ruined as he had to set down the drinks to laugh when Phoenyx asked if Aurora had forgotten to wear a top. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I brought shots as compensation. How've you both been? Who's Dee?" Either way he was still all smiles. "I've been on a spiritual sojourn, I miss something?"

6. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A hand raises to wave to the Arrow when Aurora see’s her.

Before she can comment on how nervous Phoenyx looks, she says something about her shirt. Glancing down, “No….why?” not sure what the issue was. It was comfortable and looked good on her. “Actually bought it like this. Super comfy!” Which department is up for debate. With a shake of her head, “I haven’t seen her yet. But maybe work is running late or something.” A shrug. “You ok?” she asks finally, wondering what had the Arrow nervous.

“Why wouldn’t it be ok? Coworkers get together all the time outside of work. It’s a good way to get to know each other without the pressure of work. It’s fine.” Man, she must have had a shitty time before coming to Sacramento.

Her thoughts interrupted by seeing Guru, and with shots! “Hey you! Perfect timing!” a smile offered as she takes in his sculpted good looks with the leather jacket. It worked. Quite well. “And you shouldn’t have! You're too sweet!” she teases about the shots. “I can’t complain, been pretty busy with some work stuff lately. You?” the polite thing to do, always ask them how they’ve been. “Oh! She was at our meeting, new to town. Walks a similar path as you and I, but Alice here is her boss.” Did she do that right? Coded talk was tricky, at best.

8. Likes Ruach, , Shane liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Dee would be me." Vulture stepped up to the group, dressed less for a night of pool as a night on the town, but immediately seeing Aurora felt underdressed. She had shed her glasses and workboots, and her tired demeanour entirely, and was projecting her wholesome, healthy aura once again.

It looked like she had passed the bar already as she had a low-alcohol beer in hand. She went over to shoulder bump Pheonyx first, with a little "Boss" of acknowledgement and respect before turning back to Aurora. "Well, I feel entirely outdone by all of you. I should have dressed up more... and perhaps I need to get a leather jacket." She added the last bit nodding towards Guru. "They seem to be very flattering."

There was a moment of pause before she spoke more broadly to the group. "Sorry I'm a few minutes late, parking is a lot harder here."

10. Likes Ruach, Shane liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx shrugs a little awkwardly to Aurora. "I do not want to seem too casual. I take my work seriously, they need to know that." As if somehow it was never clear. "I did not do the same with my bosses. I suppose it is another social environment I have never seen." Her tone is flat, her usual fact relaying without emotion.

The First Talon jumps a little stiffly at Vulture's arrival and takes a slow breath. She tries to smile in return to the greeting, but can't make it look completely relaxed. "I would not say that. I think your dress is nice." See, her practice with Aurora was finally paying off. Practically a social butterfly.

The Obrimos sips her Cosmo delicately.

12. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He returned Madison’s smile with one of his own, goofy and lopsided but still a wide smile at seeing her. He instinctively began bringing his arms up for a hug before dropping them with a frown. Waving off the thanks for the shots, “Money isn’t a problem for me, don’t worry about it.” Material Goods were a distraction after all. Attachments made reaching Nirvana harder, at least according to a certain set of beliefs.

“I don’t think anyone is going to think you don’t take your job seriously Alice. Just have to decompartmentalize things more; work is work and social is social. If something were to happen, I trust everyone here to put their game faces on and work, yea? But until it happens...” He was counting himself in those numbers because no matter how far gone he was all it took was the right application of will and he’d be back to one hundred percent.

Similar Path so Thyrsus, Phoenyx being her boss meant she was an Arrow. And when she arrived, she was not at all what he’d been expecting. Smiling as she complimented him though not a hint of embarrassment on him. “Not half as flattering as that dress. Leather Jackets and pool go together like hummus and naan.” Nodding his agreement at the parking sentiment. If you were trying to find a free place to park, prepare to hunt. “I’m Josh by the way, my major interests are in Philosophy, Spiritualism, and Chemistry. I’m, uh, an entrepreneur by nature so I mostly work for myself but I help out where I can.”

“I got shots for everyone. One dirty girl scout which is chocolate mint, one blood orange, one cinnamon toast crunch which I have dibs on, and one straight whiskey. Same stakes as last time or we want to make it more interesting?” No matter how hard he tried Guru could not contain his energy levels, he was already moving to the sticks and trying to pick out a good one. Unable to stop himself from walking around the room or pacing in place. Standing still was hard for the Apostate.

14. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A smile and wave were offered when Dee appeared. Though a bit overdressed, but, who was she to judge? Whatever worked for the Arrow.

“Outdone?” glancing at her outfit of a sheet top and jeans, “I think I’m the one under-dressed here.” Humor in her voice. And she didn’t really care, she was comfortable and that’s all she cared about. Though if the top caught the eye of a cute guy to bring home for the night, it would be worth it. “I just got a new leather jacket too, should have worn it.” A sigh, oh well a sip of her current drink.

“They just got here, so you’re not late. I’ve been here for a few, but that’s because I had to secure the private table. And I hear you about parking! Such a nightmare! I took an Uber tonight myself, didn’t want to deal with the hassle of parking. Maybe we can Uber together next time!”
    always nice to offer, could be fun.

The urge to roll her eyes was strong. But she doesn’t, because that was rude. And she didn’t feel like being rude. “You can take your work seriously and still have fun outside of it. Hell, I’ve ran into Bart at a piano bar and shared a drink with him. Doesn’t mean I think he takes his job less seriously, it was nice to see him outside of work, more relaxed. So see, not a bad thing.” Clearly the Arrow had been suppressed in her life. Then again, maybe she still had that Acanthus blood run through her veins.

A nod from Aurora, good good.

“It is a pretty dress, looks good on you.” It did.

A shrug, “It was still a nice gesture.” Then sticks her tongue out. So there.

Gesturing to Guru, “What he said.” Which he said much better than she did. “And of course, I can go from party to work serious in a matter of seconds.” Would it suck and ruin a fun night? Yeah. But, work was first.

Blue eyes narrow, “So you only get one cinnamon toast crunch and then tease the rest of us with it?” clearly teasing, not being serious. “I’ll take the straight whiskey if no one else prefers that.” Would it go with her Absinthie? Probably not. Did she care? Not one bit. “Oh? How can we make it more interesting? Have something in mind?”

16. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The redhead moved over to take one of the shots from Guru, but didn't drink it yet. "Well, if someone has to be the dirty girl scout..." She left that one to hang, before her attention was drawn back to the remainder of the conversation.

"Dee, I mean obviously I'm Dee. Interests include hiking, fishing, and currently leather jackets." She shook her head, as though she was trying to shake off the compliment, but only half heartedly. " And I'm not sure I'm ready to agree to new terms, or even the old ones until I know them. Is this about pool? Or am I reading that there is something more going on?" She looked at her First Talon for a moment, then picked up her drinks and moved over to the roped off table with Guru, watching him pick out a stick.

"This Dress?" She replied to Aurora. "I thought you would like it. Felt very you."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Phoenyx frowns as she processes the works from the mages. Something seems to settle slightly in her posture. "Thank you," she says to Guru slowly. "My work is very important to me." She looks to Aurora, a little defiance creeping into her eyes. "Fine. I suppose that it is possible that more people may share your view on this. Maybe." It was as close to "You were right" as the Arrow could admit, even to her closest friend. If ego were dollar bills the Arrow could fund several consillia.

She takes the orange shot and knocks it back with an almost nervous air before she thinks too much about it, gasping slightly at the strength of the liquor. Eyes bulging, she gasps for a moment and blinks several times before finally saying, "Um... That was quite nice!" She sounds genuinely surprised.

The First Talon looks to Vulture. "Last time we playing in teams, the losing side having to buy drinks for the winners. Madison and Guru kept winning, even though they said they were not very good." She looks back to Aurora, a little smile tugging on her lips. She could tease Aurora, nearly, but anyone else was difficult.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread