Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nice to meet you." She grinned at his name for her. She kinda liked Miss Mable. Sounded sweet and southern. "How are you doing? Enjoying the domain?"

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Understanding Mable's greeting as a cue to approach, Milton takes a step or two closer to this pair of Kindred. His brown eyes are bland but searching, calculating. His beast hisses its disquiet at the proximity of the foreign predators, but Milton ignores its protest.

He clasps his hands behind his back and tries to look relaxed. It does not work.

"Likewise," he responds to Mable. "I am well and Sacramento has proved both interesting and welcoming. Thank you for asking."

"But,"
    and now the corners of his mouth turn down in a prim little frown, "I've just been speaking with Priscus Hazelton and she made me aware of trouble in the city. Someone or something calling attention to our...activities. She directed me to you for further information." A pause, the frown fading, "I'd like to offer my help, if possible."
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Beast screamed in her head...kill him now...he is danger... Mable counted to ten in spanish in her head. It worked and beast pulled back, He knew his place.

"I am really glad you are experiencing the welcoming vibe. The domain is a really good one. We all try to do what we can to keep it that way." Mable was always the optimist.

"What trouble did she mention?" There were so many things that could account for that. Damn it, she should have been listening to the rest of the court today.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn pulled herself from her reverie to enjoy her time at court with Mable and now Milton. Her wide hazel eyes assessing the Kindred before her. Drinking in the details as they were available, but what lies beneath was always so much more entertaining to the Shadows. Her beast lurched on its leash. Seething with rage. Wanting to control, subjugate, play with like a cat with a mouse and end him. With Mable the beast wanted desperately to run out of Elysia and never see this greater beast again. Quinn was the master however, and she controlled the beast within. Not the other way around.

The way Mable phrased that, made it seem to Quinn that she knew exactly what was going on, but wanted to see what Milton had heard. She did so enjoy Mable's style. Unpretentious, but with a distinction of a humble sophistication. She also wondered how she was doing with Dirt Nap leaving. True, Quinn wasn't family, but she of all people could commiserate. It would be some time before his replacement would be thrust upon her. Being Dirt Nap's slave had been fine. She couldn't have asked for a more thorough and magnanimous Mentor. She wondered what Dirt Nap had been to Mable.

It was the sadness of her thoughts that drew her eyes to the entrance/exist to see the new Kindred that slipped downstairs. Once more her beast grew restless, before being calmed by her will.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

The welcoming vibe? Milton cringes internally at the choice of words. He'd been speaking about business, largely among the Kine, not the Danse. To his mind, the Danse is never welcoming. The most one might ask for is not to be attacked outright. Which, to be fair, hadn't occurred yet. Though Edward had tried his best to engineer something close to an ambush.

Still, there's business at hand: "Yes, preserving Her Grace's domain should be top priority," which is why I'm standing here now.

"Priscus Hazelton mentioned a series of autopsies on individuals who had recently been...in contact with Kindred. I believe her words were: 'someone or something' is calling attention to our activities. A very troubling bit of news."

Milton leaves off there with an expectant look. He doesn't have much more information than that. Either these two, beautiful corpses will enlighten him further or they won't.

6. Likes pisces liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn looked so sad for a moment that Mable reached out and touched her arm gently then move her hand away. She said nothing but wanted Quinn to know she was there.

Back to Milton, "Yes. I think someone is trying to let us know something or maybe trying to get us caught." She realized that sounded vague. "Hmmm. My thoughts on it are well not clear perhaps. I personally feel that the person or persons are not kine."

"It's probably not a subject for court. But I have experienced first hand some strange happenings where the kine I have fed and left to "wake" at their own pace, have shortly been killed. I have seen someone or something leave the scene." there she said it. As crazy as it sounds, she said it out loud.

"I have checked, and it doesn't appear to be from any of the criminal ahhh groups around her. And I have checked in with the police. My contact hasn't found out anything yet. As a matter of fact I need to work with her again soon."

"What I have been doing is stepping up my patrols and watches. But whoever it is seems to know that and likes to do their deed in the shadows.
    "

Mable hoped she didn't sound too crazy nor too inappropriate in court.

8. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn listened closely to Mable's account, turning towards her a bit nodding emphatically. A small smile to acknowledge the hand, and she managed to tear her gaze from the entrance finally. She appreciated the touch more than she should or could say in court. A gentle reminder of where she was. She was silent for a few human heartbeats. Soaking up that information.

"Well, I am sure you have seen the notice Mr. Smith left up in Elysium calling for information anyone has on what I am calling the Jackal." She paused a second. "I have first hand knowledge and direct contact with the Jackal. Mr. Smith and I will be conducting a meeting to bring the members of the court who have knowledge or would like to lend a hand together to get any more information we can before we make plans to move forward; and bring this creature to her Grace's justice." For this part she spoke to both of them.

"After this conversation, I am happy to assume you both will be in attendance?" She said with a slow smile spreading on her face looking between Milton and Mable. She for one, was thankful. It had been a legitimate fear that this would fail and end up with the Prince having to call a blood hunt because they couldn't get the muscle/brains/funds/numbers to get it done.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton listens to Mable's tale, attentive and impassive. If he finds her story far-fetched, he does not show it. Indeed, his expression is typically bland.

"Well, that is very worrying," he replies when Mable finishes. "I'm glad you were not further implicated in the...death." Not exactly for Mable's sake as Milton is not very familiar with this woman. But for all of them: one untoward incident can stir up trouble for the whole lot. Milton, personally, does not need the headache.

And now the Priscus of Shadows speaks up. Again, Milton quiets down so as to absorb the proffered information.

The Jackal... A colorful name. Milton does not like it.

Neither does he confirm or deny whether he saw Mr. Smith's notice. In truth, he hadn't, but he sees no reason to admit that fact.

"You assume correctly, Priscus. I will be there. Simply let me know when the meeting has been scheduled. I will endeavor to be of service in any way possible." Milton produces two business cards from his pocket and holds them out for Mable and Quinn. "In the meantime, please feel to contact me should you have need."

His errand complete, Milton would like to depart, but he lingers a little longer, seeing if anything else of interest comes to light.

11. Likes pisces liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh. I missed that message. Yes. Just tell me when and where. Hopefully I will have more information from my contacts before then."

Mable took Milton's card and gave him her own. "Thank you. Here is mine. Priscus, have I given you my contact info yet?" Damn stupid memory slips at the oddest times.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled a bit looking between the two of them. Voluntelling people to do things was an art she learned from the Seneschal. Seeing how effective it was in action she vowed to make that a part of her tool kit.

"Thank you Mr. Northbridge. I appreciate a Kindred who understands the gravity of such things, and puts his resources forward." With that she put a mental white marble in his bucket. Willingness to help with Domain concerns was a winning ticket with the Shadow Priscus. Only if he actually backed it up of course, but the gesture was not lost on Quinn.

She turned back to Mable and nodded sincerely. "Oh yes! We did exchange information! Before the last Formal Court I believe. We were discussing Gardening with my cousin Maeve. A skill that I desperately need help with. I now am the proud caretaker of the Chapter House, might I remind you. With.." She hesitated a second. It would be the first time she used her former mentors name in the past tense. "Dirt Nap having left, it falls all to me. I would see the manor restored of course, but I actually wanted to start with the grounds. I would like to contribute something with my own two hands. I will have to hire contractors for the work on the house, unless somehow J.C is also a brilliant Carpenter, and has been shy about said skills."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread