Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Dropping Bodies) Connecting the Dots

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

In the end JC had had three choices. He could host at the House but without talking with Quinn (or less probably but more preferably Dirt Nap) that was out. The was his own haven but calling it a meeting spot made basically every closet in Sacramento a gathering local. That left the safety (and threat) of Elysium.

He'd worked to make sure it wouldn't be a time when most Kindred would be there. Disrupting. Listening. Hopefully, his admitting his own potential part in a Masquerade breach would lull persuade others to come forward.

Hopefully Alice would find his announcement, along with time and location, to be within normal (or at least emergency) decorum, considering she'd granted it. Otherwise he'd put himself square in the middle of the 'safety' of the court.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

A few moments after JC arrives, Simone strides in. The scarred Mekhet moved with confidence. Her short hair was styled back, a no nonsense clip holding a long piece back artfully. She glances around the room and moves to stand at a conversational distance from JC. She has concealed her Beast, tonight.

"Evening. So you have become involved with the investigation. Best thing for you, in my opinion." A glance towards the door. "I went back to the place that we met and spoke to the bartender. He still can't think of anyone else interacting with the victim, but he didn't give a good description of the one we know of." As in, JC himself.
    "I haven't seen any thing turn up in the three closest bars. I started checking out the quiet, dark dump sites and did find a body. I hid it in case anyone wants to look at it for evidence, or whatever. What is up with your end?"

4. Likes pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

He nodded and smiled slightly when she brought up how he was apparently part of the investigation "You're probably right," Though it didn't entirely ease his fears.

They'd probably have to go over the information again when others arrived but it could pass the time and maybe get of the blunt observations he appreciated from her out of the way before more formal Kindred arrived.

"Apparently wasn't the only having their feedings targeted. Priscus Durant managed to catch a glimpse of the thing. Fast, stealthily, possibly shapeshifting. She can explain better once she gets here. It also seemed interested in tracking down Havens. Still no solid on who or even what it is but given who and how its been targeting, we could be looking at an assassin."

He gestured at the still mostly empty meeting area "We're hoping to get anyone who has information together and compare notes. Come up with a trap."

6. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone glances towards the door and then takes a seat, angling it to see both the doorway and JC.
    "Shit." Simone notes. She is quiet for a few minutes, considering JC's information. "That it is tracking Havens is frightening. Especially if it is looking for weak links. Those who are new might not have security set up yet."
    "I am wondering.... should we start working on cultivating herds?" Simone wondered, apparently thinking aloud. The scarred woman glances around the room, noting that they seem to be the only two here.
    "Have you talked to Kowalsic's kid?" She asked, direct. A bit unusual for a Mekhet, perhaps.

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The Nosferatu had taken some liberties tonight - she had reserved a special rental car to drive her fellow Nosferatu in comfort - and a bit of style! The Buick LaCrosse - which its roomy seats to afford the giant some comfort - was parked and Jennifer exited. The Nosferatu woman accompanied the good doctor towards the meeting that JC had called.
    "I am a bit curious," She shares with Alexander. "- about what progress has been made in the investigation. It's been a bit since I have been involved in an investigation. I do wish I wasn't so occupied."
    The Nosferatu was concerned about having time to devote. Yet she could always lend her experience in investigation, or just be a sounding board. She was convinced that Alexander's profession as a doctor could be of assistance to those investigating.

Jennifer arrives and glances around the room, noting the presence of just 2 Kindred. "Hm, I thought this affected more Kindred." She noted quietly to Alexander. "Mr. Smith, a pleasure to see you. We must take in that show once pressing matters are resolved. You know Mr. Moore?" She inqured, her serpentine voice ever polite.
    She glances towards Simone Perez, her eyes ticking to Mr. Smith and Mr. Moore. No Invictus of lower rank to make introductions.
    JC Smith
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

The car ride was fine, but despite Jennifer’s efforts Alexander still had trouble organizing himself within the automobile. He made another note to the slowly growing list in his head, the pros of vampirism number eleven, no back pains. Alexander extricated himself from the car and followed Jennifer, nodding softly as she spoke.

“It will be interesting to see what has been learned so far and what we can add to it.” Alexander had tried to work more with the living than the dead, but it seemed that corpses were all he was meant for now. Walking into the room he spied two Kindred speaking ahead of them, both he recognized, but only one he was acquainted with. He glanced at the Kindred while Jennifer spoke, then let his eyes wander the room. Once he was introduced he gave a small bow in the direction of the two Kindred.

“Good evening.”
    Curse: Incredibly tall and emaciated, their skin is stretched over their large and bulky frame, with long limbs and a strangely shaped head.

10. Likes pisces, liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“I hadn’t really considered it,” he admitted “I was thinking it was probably more of a disruption assassination.” But things could be both at once. He considered her theory for a minute.
    “Even more established Kindred might not have much set up. They’d need tenancy. And having a larger herd needs hunting rights. Though whatever is doing this may not know that.” And if they found out, they might start targeting more established Kindred.

“I haven’t talked with him know, but Priscus Durant was going to invite them,” he said as Hazelton and Alexander entered the room. He gave a quick bow to Jennifer and a nod to Moore. Not who he expected (which was worrying him more and more) but at least it wasn’t just the two of them.

“Priscus Hazelton, Mr. Moore,” maybe he should have let Alex introduce himself but it was too late now to pretend he didn’t know the emancipated Haunt “Good evening. Thank you for coming.”

“I’m hoping Priscus Durant and Mr. Kowalsic will be here shortly. However,” they couldn’t wait around forever. There was even a part of him that was considering the possibility that Quinn had been assassinated or maybe fled. For now, there was still that matter that the Seneschal had tasked him. “We can get them up to speed when they arrive.”

“This is Miss Simone Perez,” he said indicating the Mehket. He knew Moore probably knew her on sight, and Jennifer by name given his messages.

“If you’d like to sit,” he gestured to the dark wood and leather seats while taking one himself “We’ll get started in earnest.” It felt a bit weird, switching to more courtly talk after speaking with Simone. He needed to find a balance.

“I know you’re all probably familiar with the basics of the situation, but the brief overview is this. The prey of myself and Priscus Durant has been targeted and killed by something we don’t have a lot of details on. Probably others that I had hoped would come to this meeting. We don’t have a good handle of motive but it’s probably political or strategic. In the meantime, the attacks have gotten the attention of police and are starting to risk a Breach.” If they hadn’t already. “I trust you can apricate the gravity,” Breach, potential prelude to attack, he hadn’t said it in the notice but eventually you couldn’t dance around it. Even with as few facts as he had. “And why we need to get as much information as we can to understand what we are dealing with and come up with a way to capture it.”

“To gets us started, I’ll start with my experiences.” Flex, relax “Several months ago in November, I went hunting at a place called the Wrangler Bar. I was successful in feeding off a young man in the bar’s restroom. I remember checking to make sure he was breathing but not his pulse, and letting the bartender know that a drunk had passed out in the urinals. A while later I saw a news report about a young man named Richard Harper being found there in the bathroom.” He didn’t go into all the feelings that brought up, had brought up, within him.

“I talked with Dirt Nap about it before he left town, and he said that Priscus Durant had had a very similar experience. We, Dirt Nap, Durant, and myself, then went to Seneschal Hart to give a full report of the situation. Priscus Durant gave her story, which I’ll try to tell as best I remember.”

“She recounted how Mr. Kowlasic came to court with documents showing something was feeding on Kindred victims, with Priscus Durant having her own to support the claim.”

“She was convinced it had someway of sensing either it’s victim or us. She was able to sense it when it killed her prey. It apparently stretched it’s jaw to cover the victim’s mouth and nose. While it didn’t immediately sense her, it moved incredibly fast and she was unable to use Auspex to ‘read’ it. Her description was also mentioned to police as being at the scene” Not entirely sure what that meant but so be it “It then stalked her in an effort to find her haven She described it as walking on two legs and being the size of a but lacking a scent. Despite her efforts she heard something trying to find her effort the next night. So she laid a trap for it at an auto shop. She fed and left the victim unconscious. Twenty minutes later a female Kindred dumped a body. Then a cat like creature came and fed on the initial victim.”

“The Seneschal gave us permission to investigate further and post the call for more information.”

“Before this meeting, I took the opportunity to check out the Wrangler bar again, where I ran into Simone. Priscus Hazelton and Mr Alexander might remember me asking for confirmation that night. I’ll let her explain more but in short she has confirmed that the police are involved, especially the coroner. The bodies have no Kindred markings but they are lacking blood. They’re under the impression these are body dumps but the explanation might not hold.”

Flex, relax. Long explanations were more mentally draining than before he died. They needed patients and intelligence. Neither of which the beast lent itself to.

"So this jackal has shown itself to be stealthy and fast, possibly supernaturally so. It may also have shapeshifting abilities. There could also be more than one. It has not directly breached the Masqueraded but neither does it seem concerned for it the Traditions. From a limited physiological view, I would say we are not dealing with a serial killer. And given current targets and actions, it may be acting as a terrorist agent of some kind. However, given it may have supernatural motives, take that conjecture with a grain of salt." For all he knew it could need to feed of Kindred prey as much as they needed to feed off blood.

He looked around the group (at for a moment to the door) hoping for some to speak up or at least offer opinion.

12. Likes pisces, liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"Priscus. Mr. Moore." She nods to the two Kindred, a bit deeper to Hazelton.
    Simone takes in the information with a slight widening of the eyes as it continues.

"Priscus Durant was supposed to meet us here?" She clarifies when JC finishes his information. The woman raked a hand through her short hair. apparently composing herself for a few moments of silence as she considered everything JC had shared. The Mekhet walks over and takes up one of JCs proffered seats.
    "Okay, JC, so Priscus Durant saw it. It can shape shift. I mean, I don't mean to be accusatory, but the thing that strikes me is the Gangrel Discipline. But the... disturbing jaw thing. What is that?"

She glances between JC and Hazelton.
    "Incredibly fast also..." The Mekhet seemed to think a moment. "Are we sure its a jackel thing and not a Kindred? Although why would it come to our food. I guess its already weakened, can't fight."

She lapses into silence, staring a bit ahead and apparently deep in thought.

14. Likes pisces liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton is late and he knows it. He rushes down the stairs into Elysium, silencing his phone as he does so. He only slows his pace when he's nearly in the room, not wanting to look harried.

He arrives as JC is giving his account, taking a position beside the door just inside the room, trying not to disturb the proceedings. Focusing on the Grangrel's words helps drown out the bloody demands of his beast.

But, as the Beast's illogical rage subsides, an intellectual disquiet fills the Lord. What he hears is a lot of conjecture, but little fact. Which is just as dangerous as the 'Jackal' itself.

"Excuse my interruption," he says. "And good evening to everyone, my apologies for being late."

Then: "Could it be that this is some sort of scavenger, come to sup at our scraps? Whether Kindred or...something else, it appears to be attracted to wounded prey...Maybe Priscus Durant's plan to set a trap could be repeated with more numbers?"
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

16. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Madame Perez, good to meet you, formally."
    The serpentine Voice slithers forth. She held herself with confidence, striding over to take a chair that faced the door yet was central to the seats so she could speak without craning her neck.
    "Mr. Northbridge." The Lady nods to him as he joins the group.

The Invictus Lady surveyed the door at times, watchful for anyone listening yet trying to hold oneself apart from the collective gathering. Her assertive presence entails dark eyes moving over those assembled as she spoke. "I shall reach out to Priscus Durant if she does not arrive presently. It is very possible she is simply running late, likely gathering necessary tools for moving forward. While its likely this could be a Gangrel Discipline, Madame Perez, other Bloods can be taught it.
    That is a very good question, Mr. Northbridge. It is quite possible it is like a hyena of the African savannah. I do think that Priscus Durant's plan has great promise. Now as to our numbers."
    Dark eyes tick around the room as she counted who was present. "Not as many as I would think would care about a creature potentially exposing our feeding habits.

My first question is to determine what it is - Kindred or Cryptid. We know the weaknesses of Kindred."
    A glance to JC. "No scent on two legs... and the Mekhet Priscus was able to sense it when it killed its prey. I am concerned with ' it can sense its victim or us.' Years ago, when we sprang a trap for the Brides who placed a bomb to threaten the Kindred chain of command. We chose to form groups. We discussed our abilities to decide who could work a recon mission unseen and who could be the martial protection. I supplied headsets for communication, which I can do again if we do not have those yet. Thoughts?"
    Dark eyes turned to survey Alexander Moore including him in the discussion. Her head swung back to face Mr. Milton Northbridge, offering the newest addition to the Domain equal say.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread