Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer openly sat back and opened her hands. An old body language meaning that she had nothing to hide.

"I attempted to teach you some basic knowledge of Oaths, yet you did not even express a small amount of interest or a sign of applying yourself. Worse, I sensed your annoyance when I was trying to encourage you to make an effort. So let me be clear - this is an honor extended to you because you are not a Kindred of Quality. You examine this honor and decide - again - that the Oath that you have little understanding over is not up to your standards.

Former Prince Asa Clarke assisted in forging the wording of this Oath."
    She pauses for effect, clearly demonstrating what a rare thing this is."Mr. Heinrich. You left your former Domain. You left your Sire. Every member of the Invictus has left their former Oaths sworn in other cities. These upstanding Kindred of Qaulity have sworn this Oath with pride." She emphasized. "You do not sit before a Notary and the Archon of the city and quibble that you think her Majesty might put out a Law you disagree with. Every Law she puts forth is for the stability of the Domain."

Jennifer leaned forward with confidence and met the Daeva's eyes. She spoke slowly, so that her snake like words could be heard clearly.

"I will not bind you to any Oath, Mr. Edward Heinrich of the line Daeva, because you have proven unworthy of the honor." She states with conviction.

Former scene where annoyance sensed
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist was quiet as Edward answered and Jennifer spoke her decision.

There would be no oath swearing tonight.

It wasn't that Twist didn't understand. Somewhat. After all, she herself had felt the pull of her past not once but twice. And twice she had left Sacramento to answer that call. Only to come back to a city that had moved on without her. Leaving her to fight to gain back what she had lost.

Jennifer was correct. So long as Edward placed his Sire and his Sire's city first, he could not be granted the trust he sought.

Letting out a breath she looked to her cousin, "It seems our reason for gathering is no longer." If her dark eyes were not hard, neither were they soft with sorrow at the declaration, her voice simply stating a fact that had come to light.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

4. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

So many rewrites of history. The idea that Edward's annoyance was in response to her asking Edward to make an effort. The idea that Edward's problem was with mere disagreement. Not to mention some former Prince to have taken part in writing part oath that lay before them had nothing to do with whether or not its inclusion was relevant. There was no possibility of being heard by someone who constantly rewrote events to fit their own narrative.

Still, that didn't mean he couldn't listen, and she did have a point. In his heart, he still served his Sire, and that had to end. It was already unsightly, like an adult that went running to daddy at the slightest sign of trouble.

He bowed. "Thank you for your words, Lady Notary. I shall take them to heart, and strive to become worthy of such honours in the future." Edward was completely sincere. Just because he had grown to dislike Jennifer didn't mean she couldn't be right.

He rose and pivoted to Twist to bow again. "I deeply apologize for wasting both your Grace's and the Lady Notary's time. If there is nothing further, I shall take my leave, and waste it no further."

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer didn't rise. She simply fixed Edward with a direct stare.

What a disappointment. She thought he'd had promise, and shown solidarity after Lenora's departure. Yet now? She studied him for a moment.

It was like he hadn't heard a word of what she'd tried to teach. He had given no thought to her position as Notary, thinking that this was something he could rewrite to his pleasure.

Why wouldn't he swear to uphold her Grace's future laws?
    Good bye
    She thought, thinking this was likely the last time she would waste the time.

"Good bye, Mr. Heinrich." She bid, politely.
    She looked to the Alder Duchess.
    "Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, Alder Duchess. We should talk sometime soon."
    A sincere smile to the Daeva Priscus.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread