Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Criminal Intent: Farm Rendezvous

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

Psychangel, make and post the animalism roll

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

2 successes

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward remained standing until Twist decided to take a seat.

"My role began when I was approached by one of Mr. Kowalsic's Ghouls, who directed me to meet with the man himself. Mr. Kowalsic brought the Breach to my attention and requested the individuals in the initial investigation team, namely: Mr. Quilz, Ms. Wood, Mr. Clay, and myself."

"Mr. Kowalsic further informed me of the location of the Breach, a nightclub by the name of Rapture. And then he lied." Edward sneered, and wrath roiled beneath his next words: "He expressed his belief that you, your grace, were responsible. That you, your grace, had frenzied in that alleyway."

"The necessary calls for aid were performed, and the investigators assembled within Rapture. There, the trail of clues led to Mr. Rosario and Ms. Simone, who supported us both in our search for the truth and with damage control." Edward disliked the woman, but he wasn't about to sling mud over it.

"Up until this point, I had simply assumed that Mr. Kowalsic was merely mistaken, the idea such a respected member of the First Estate was engaging in active deception against you, your Grace, was... difficult to swallow. I would like to say that the discovery of a sketch, the precursor to the painting, dispelled the illusion, but it did not.

Instead, I suspected that the Breach had been performed by Ms. Melanie, who had then orchestrated a smear against Mr. Kowalsic. There is bad blood between the two, and Ms. Melanie appears to extend her animosity towards the Invictus writ large.

As such, my primary purpose was to contain the Breach, and my secondary aim was to minimize any embarrassment for the First Estate.

My focus upon Ms. Melanie was, in hindsight, fortuitous; it revealed the art show. Upon my discovery, I informed Ms. Wood and Mr. Clay. The rest, your Grace, excepting the final moments of our escape, you were present for. Our final flight is unworthy of comment; nothing of note occurred. "

"To conclude." Edward clasped his hands before him, "to my understanding, Mr. Kowalsic fed in barely concealed view. Mr. Small stumbled upon this, and Ms. Melanie acted opportunistically to magnify the Breach to fulfil her personal vendetta. The only point which remains a source of continued personal bewilderment is Mr. Kowalsic's false accusation."

"Have you any questions your Grace?"

4. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone glanced with surprise at Mable. The Mekhet nodded during the points of Edward's account that she was present for, silently confirming. She waited a beat after Mr. Heinrich finished to ensure his account was complete. The scarred woman then picked up.

"For my account, I know Melanie. Mr. Kowalsic had her Sire persecuted for a crime and Melanie was never acknowledged because of it. Her hatred for your Covenant is not entirely sane, in my opinion, Archon.

She took the painting from Rosario and set up the art show. She wanted people to see it. Seems like encouraging a breach to me."

A glance at the building to ensure Rosario remained inside, and she directed her gaze to the Archon.

Jennifer Hazelton

Lets move forward

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Breaches, even unsuccessful breaches are not acceptable. Please let me know, your grace, if you need me to help with any more of the clean up from this."

She paused for a moment. "Mr. Kowalsic may have been part of a targeted smear campaign, however, he didn't feed appropriately and he wrongfully blamed your grace. This is more than an Invictus problem. What would you like to see happen? I would suggest he and his child are evicted from the domain. If that were to happen I would keep an eye out for them on my patrols."

Mable was feeling really angry at him right now.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist knew it was coming. A name. A responsible party for her rage to latch onto. Kowalsic. Her fingers curled tight for a moment, an external reflection of the internal, and Edward's voice faded away.

Your Grace. Archon. The addresses spoken in three different voices finally brought her back to the present. Away from images that brought only sweet joy to her Beast.

Blinking she looked up to Edward, Simone, and Mable and smiled. It was not a pleasant smile.

"Forgive me- I knew that I was being accused of the Breach but the knowledge of who it was distracted me for a moment."

Taking a breath she tried to bring to mind what all had been asked of her, "I do not believe I have any more questions. The one I did have you have answered." Who?

"Prior to leaving the Gallery I spoke over the phone to Mr. Kowalsic," again that smile, "who said that he had already informed the Prince of the Breach. At this point I do not know if his words were spoken in truth. As far as motive for my involvement though, it was suggested that my reputation would protect me and as a result the true culprit."

Twist glanced to Mable, a single eyebrow raising briefly at her words. "What is to happen is up to neither myself nor you Ms. Wood," she said after a moment, her words blunt but no less true for it. "If the domain had a Reeve it would be up to them first but as we do not - the matter is in the Prince's hands."

Twist was the Hound. Just because she could hand out Ale's punishments directly did not mean that she had the authority to do so without the Prince's command. And Mable ... well ... she was simply Mable. Mable may have an opinion on what should be done but, ultimately, they mattered little unless Ale wanted to hear them.

"I believe it is to the Prince that we next need to go."

And depending on what Ale decided would happen would determine what Twist decided would happen.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Simone's addition drew no reaction. Mable's well-meaning overstep drew a nod, more in sympathy at the underlying feeling than the words.

Twist's words were natural, there was nothing else to do after all.
    "As you say, your Grace. Shall I contact the Prince for a meeting or would you prefer to make arrangements personally?"

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone remains quiet, yet attentive. Her eyes flick to each speaker. Mabel's words draw a raised eyebrow that is smoothed away whent he Archon speaks.

Jennifer Hazelton

Its time to close this thread as the phone call from Mr. Kowalsic was on Jan 30th. Lets meet with the Prince or Mr. Kowalsic presently, please make the thread.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread