Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Sanctuary (2103) Santuary - Page 3
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2103) Santuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2103)Shamans and Talons
Mar 6, 2021 - Mar 23, 2021
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The doctor smirks, as he responds to Aurora, trying to look unwounded and casual while his thin body stiffens, "Oh, to keep out, one would have to be out, and it seems that getting out is something I'm incapable of, despite coming out when I came out. Trouble sticks to the experienced soul like morning condensation on a spring day. Plus les choses changent, plus elles resent les memes. It seems the Watch Dog of Sacramento is still upset about my making the vaguest of passes at him. He should be flattered really." he offers a shrug.

"Perhaps the Stone Book could gather soon, so intelligent conversations could be had unimpeded?"
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “I’ve never seen them used, but others here might prefer them.” But she had never seen Sacramento be that formal.

There was a few blinks at Puck and what he said, then blue eyes slide over to look for Guru or Skye. “I, uh,” quite unsure at this point. “No.” mind blown. Official. A free hand reaches up and squeezes the bridge of her nose, eyes closed. Then more shock and bewilderment, “Winter said what?” were those words in his vocabulary? Deep breath Aurora, deep breath. “I miss one gathering and shit goes to hell.” She mutters, wishing she had something stronger than her coffee.

Finally, Phoenyx’s voice brings her attention back to the new Shaman. The thoughts of how many she could turn to fish slowly fading. Still shaking her head, she stands, finishing off her coffee and pulling out her energy drink. “We can all step over here,” motioning with her head as she steps off to the side, including Phoenyx in it.

Looking to Anima, trying to piece together what he said. Not having enough caffeine or alcohol to even brush the surface. Wait….wait…Anima made passes at Winter?! “Seems I can’t leave you guys alone for one gathering here.” Gesturing to the Circle. “And a meeting is probably good, where we have a new face. I’ll get something setup.” Note to self…do not miss gatherings. “And no one is incapable of going out, you just have to want to.”

Moving to where she motioned at Vulture and Phoenyx .

Moving the convo HERE

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Yeah, some space… not a bad idea.” The young mage offered to Puck, even as her councillor offered the same. “Not that I don’t like all your company, just got to get the informal formalities down first. Then the movies.” She nodded to Kaze. “I’ve not had new releases for a while, so maybe we can catch up on the best of the last few years.” She smiled. “I’ll take recommendations.”

She returned her attention to the First Talon, and her posture shifted. Subterfuge did not seem to be her strength, and the respect that she was showing was evident.
    “Yes Ma’am.” She responded. “A full run down on how I can serve would be appreciated ma’am.“ She tapped her satchel bag at the mention of the letter, and nodded where Aurora had suggested.
    “I’ve got a rental place, nothing special.” She thought to the almost empty apartment and the stretcher in one corner that served as her bed. There was no way anyone was seeing that until she at least got some furniture… and some cutlery.

She listened to Anima’s words, nodding slightly. “Meeting fellow shamans would be good. I haven’t had a lot of experience with others of our path. My old cabal didn’t have any more of us.” She thought back to the Acanthus and Mastigos heavy cabal and shook her head, before focusing in on Aurora once again.

“Of course, lead on.”

She followed Aurora.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh fuck off."

Apparently they were going right into it.

"You didn't even acknowledge me until after I called you out and Corn and Kaze were there to witness it. Just like we all watched you throwing yourself at Aurora not five minutes ago."

Seriously? Was anyone going to buy this?

"There was no flirtation. You are plainly lying, and I'm done giving you the benefit of the doubt."

Remember that time Anima called Puck a Pleb and the Enchanter just kept talking to Winter like nothing happened? Last second chance for Anima.

"You spent last concilium talking about orgies and fucking women in explicit detail to our community gathering. I'm not a homophobe, and your deceit can't stand up to witness testimony. At the next official concilium you will face separate formal charges for breaches in Emeritus for calling me a pleb at the last meeting, for insinuating I'm homophobic, and for lying to the concilium at large."

Puck was playing nice for the most part, but lying about sexuality to the people you claim to respect to weasel out of responsibility for your lewd actions? Welcome to the no fly zone. Population Anima.

The Libertine's attention flicks to Kaze and Corn, the righteous anger still beaming from his eyes at them even as he forces a not-at-all convincing smile.

"How have you two been?"

I don't normally do OOC banners, but Anima is clearly lying and I checked with an ST to be sure. Anyone who wasn't present to draw their own conclusions can throw dice anytime if they want to tell Anima is lying. Thread link for reference.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

What was it with this outburst? Why was Puck so worked up? Once Puck mentioned him, Corn sighed and said in a low, non-confrontational tone.
    "Man, keep me out of it please. I don't really care about anyone's sexuality. Anima could be going both ways for all I care." Let's hope Crystal and Aurora don't mention the story between Martha and Christine... he thought to himself.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods to acknowledge Phoenyx’s smile and listens to what the others say.

He smiles as Aurora moves off for the illusion of privacy and some physical space to take care of path business.

Then Anima is trying to defend himself and predictably making it worse, and Puck is predictably making it personal and escalating to isolate the shaman even more and turn everyone against him. Man. Puck seems a little predatory, like if you show any weakness, he’s going to use it to bury you. What even is a pleb? Kaze thinks back to the last time he was at the circle when what both Puck and Anima are describing events in perspectives different than he experienced.

Wow.” Kaze says. “Okay, last month I just breezed through like today and hardly anyone was here and like there was five minutes of conversation that I remember...” Kaze says.

He looks at Anima, “I came in and you were saying something about old fertility rites, I guess because of Valentines Day? Yeah it was kind of creepy when Puck said it was gross, I think you said something like it was something that just Thyrsus could appreciate? And yeah, it wasn’t the first time you were coming across creepy about sex in a why that could totally make people uncomfortable, Anima. As a friend, I gotta say, filter, okay?.” Kaze says gently. Stepping up the friend game escalated quick!

Kaze turns to Puck. “Anima isn’t great at communicating and brings up sex when it’s not appropriate. I heard him say something like anyone who doesn’t understand him is a pleb. Right after you called him a pervert.” He sighs. “I came in during the conversation, so maybe I don’t have the whole picture, but it felt like you took something personal that wasn’t, and started the name calling, making it a personal thing when it wasn’t.

He looks at them both. “It‘s none of my business, seriously, but since you both already mentioned me by name, like it’s got something to do with me somehow, I’ll tell you, I feel like you both are personally insulted now, and should probably duel instead of trying to drag everyone else into a personal argument.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

12. Likes , Shane liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The First Talon looks to Vulture. "This can be arrached. Please." She getures after Aurora and makes to follow.

Phoenyx's attention is pulled as tempers flare. Anima trying things beyond social convention was hardly news, as was covering himself. Still...
    "Enough," she announced firmly looking between Anima and Puck. "Next month is the official Concillium. Please raise your grevience there," she adds to Puck calmly. "I hope I can trust you all to be civil before then," directed to the room at large.

The Obrimos turns and follows Auirora and Vulture to one side.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima does his best not to smirk at the Councilor's outburst.

"The councilor...," his whispered voice dripping with sarcasm, "can apparently speak to events that occurred before his arrival in Sacramento. No wonder he leads the great numbers of his path."

Kaze, ever the gentleman shines some third-party truth on Puck's story, until the Apostate suggests a duel. Anima recoils at the thought, how... basic.

But before he could respond to the most outlandish part of the man's outburst the First Talon makes her statement. Heeding her words Anima's mouth snaps closed on his retort. He turns away from the Narcissist and tosses a wink to Corn and moves away, giving the Hulk-a-mania a wide berth for now. "Gimme a Call Kaze, lunch is on me." Anima makes towards the Libertine section of the Circle.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As the little weasel scurries away with his final remark, Puck's attention snaps to follow him. The sound of his hand smacking against the cloth on his right sleeve is audible, and his right middle finger thrusts itself towards the heavens. He bites his lower lip however, knowing he'll have the final say in a matter of weeks.

"Fine." It's his one word response to Corn's request, but it is an agreement to honor it nonetheless. Kaze's points are ignored in light of the First Talons request, even if Anima did ignore her.

"So, question still stands."
    Attention lingers on the two who remained. The anger is still visible. "What's new?"

Some people take time alone to cool off. Some people talk, or at the very least try to.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

What is the point of being in such a small order if you don't get along with everyone else in that order? Corn thought.
    Awakened society. 'No you lie, you hit on a girl I like and called me a minor insult. I will report you to the principal!' That's not even high school drama. That's Early Middle School drama. And then, there was Kaze . Corn could understand where the man was coming from but his suggestion could be considered as "Don't tell the principal, throw down in the yard after school." Duel Arcane? Over something as trivial? Man, I better not accidentally spill wine on Kaze's shirt. Corn thought.

He acknowledged Puck 's acceptance and the councilors leaving with the new girl. Corn hoped Vulture would not look upon them very unkindly over this kind of behavior. To Puck's question he simply shrugged and said,
    "I haven't seen the Arrow, Skye, for a few weeks. She said she would go for vacation in some deep wilderness last we spoke and she didn't seem concerned about the dangers. Aside of that, nothing new."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

20. Likes Aeolus, , Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread