Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Sanctuary (2103) Santuary
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2103) Santuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2103)Shamans and Talons
Mar 6, 2021 - Mar 23, 2021
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

0 Scenes

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sanctuary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn arrives at the Consilium, dressed in casual clothes, the kind of every-day clothes one would wear to head for shopping or to visit a cafe with friends. He finds that he's among the first and takes a seat near the end.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She missed last month’s gathering. And it wasn’t for any particular reason except she didn’t feel like going. Some days you felt like dealing with people, some days you didn’t.

Today? She felt like dealing with people. Kinda.

Dressing up wasn’t really something she felt like doing, so she picked a pair of leather pants with a long sleeve fitted shirt. Her hair left down and wind dried, little to no makeup. And a coffee. Big coffee. She needed her caffeine. In her bag was an energy drink for when the coffee was gone.

Her heels announce her approach as she enters, spotting Corn and offering a smile and small wave. Walking towards the front, she finds a place where she could observe and talk if she had anything to add. No promises on that front.

6. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach, Xander liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vulture had only a little chance to settle in after the move before starting work shifts, and perhaps it was the reason to prevent her doing her due diligence, and heading to the Concillium to make sure she was on the books. Worst thing would be to get caught squatting in another Awakened's territory without letting anyone know. Or maybe it was just a strong desire to avoid having to fall back into regular training.
    She had changed out of her work uniform, showered at the station, then got changed into a simple dark knit sweater and dark leggings, leaving her heavy steelcapped boots on. Her travel mug of dark black coffee was still mostly full when she entered the common area. Scanning her surroundings, she saw a few others, and asked, to noone in particular "Sorry, looking for the Insomniac's Support Group. Am I in the right place?"

8. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach, Yumyumcrow, Xander liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze drops by, dressed in a black leather jacket, black solid shirt and black trousers, and black athletic shoes. Despite the dark attire, he is smiling as he enters, nodding towards Corn and Aurora.

"Hey!" Kaze says in a friendly tone.

He grins at the new person, "So, hi." Kaze says. "We don't really call it that, but you're in the right place. Everyone's Awake here!" He says, laughing at Vulture's clever wit!

"So, I go by 'Chris'. But at the 'support meetings', you can call me 'Kaze'."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vulture takes a long drink from her travel mug. The guy seemed approachable enough, and the confirmation she had found the place was enough for her.

"Dee. But most insomniacs call me, ironically enough, Vulture." She scanned around the area, eyes catching others passing through and gathered. "It's good to meet you Chris, I need to report to the Ungula Draconis and I suppose the Herald, get my self official. Any chance you could get my contact details to the right place? Or at least point me the right way?"

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

As Anima hurries in, he can't help but overhear the conversation of the striking young person speaking to Kaze. He offers Aurora a wave and a smile, pausing give Kaze a friendly pat on the shoulder has he walks by. His mouth hangs open briefly as he looks to Kaze, perched on the edge of speaking, but his chin quickly hinges close and he continues on his path.

"Aurora dear, how have you been? Far too long since I was graced with your presence."
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

14. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn approaches Kaze and the mage that is an ever fresher newcomer here than him.
    "Welcome!" he says to Vulture with a warm smile. "I go by Corn. I am a moros of the Mysterium. Pleased to meet you. I arrived here just a few months ago. Kaze here and I, occasionally watch movies with the Arrows. If you want, we could include you in this long standing tradition - that started the previous month."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

16. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes take in the girl next door as she walks in, an eyebrow raised at the double talk.

“No need for code in here.” She says.

A hand was raised as Kaze entered, a smile offered, “Hey Kaze, how you been?” she was still getting used to his approachable good looks.

Back to the new girl, “There is currently no Herald. So best we can direct you to is your Path Councilor or head of your Order.” Why with the coded talk more? “I’m Aurora, member of the Mysterium and Councilor of the Thyrsus.” See, no coded talk was ok.

One thing she could never figure out? What Anima’s agenda was. She was still in the dark about that. “Nice to see you Anima.” Did he want something? "Surely my presence cannot be that missed."

18. Likes , , Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck is the next to mosey on in. Brown pants and a denim jacket with a pair of sturdy boots were all he really needed for the Sacramento winter. Which wasn't a real winter to a Minnesotan, but he wasn't saying that to anyone yet. Well, except Kaze. He was the exception because, well, Kaze. Dude was like a puppy made of hugs that could fart sunshine. He wasn't spilling secrets to anybody.

"Sup?" Are we all crowding the new face? "Puck. Libertine. Acanthus Councilor."

His attention flicks over to Aurora. Should he have made an announcement at the last meeting or was it implied because he walked his path alone? These are real introvert problems. The awkwardness is real.

"Did I miss anything?"

20. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread