Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Mehket Clan Meeting

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(Mehket Clan Meeting)Werewolf Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn had called a clan Meeting. Based on a new Mehket coming into the fold, and the fact that one of her Mehket had not shown up for formal court. So she brought the meeting to Maeve. Literally.
    Giving Simone the address to Maeve's apartment, she stood in the parking lot near the main building of Maeve's place to head off Simone, so they could go up and surprise thier Cousin together.

Quinn was dressed in a pair of black jeans that hugged her curves, and a navy blue three-quarter sleeve cardigan, buttoned all the way up. Her hair swept up in a high ponytail. She had a shoulder bag with her with a few things inside.

It was time to herd her cats.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

For Bookeeping purposes

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

When Quinn shows up, Maeve is not surprised in the least. She'd been MIA for nearly two months. Of course Quinn was there to check on her. Of course, if she'd shown up just a few days earlier, she wouldn't have been here.

The blue-haired shadow looked exhausted. Too exhausted. She's wearing a pair of black jeans and a black v-neck shirt. When she opens the door, Quinn is greeted with a smile that clearly says 'heeeey. Funny meeting you around these parts.'

"Hello, Quinn. How's it hanging?" There is this look about her that says 'don't ask yet.' She steps aside to let her Priscus in.

Her apartment is small and minimalist, as you'd expect it to be. Just a one bedroom with a small kitchen and living room. The kitchen wasn't really utilized and had been turned into a storage area for her books. She's got a TV with a stand and an old couch. "Welcome to my wee den. It's not much. Sorry, uh... sorry. It's been, uh... a ride."
    | BP 2

4. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn breezed on through the door of Maeve's haven looking around and nodding a bit to herself. Spartan was good. Quinn approved. Apartments were tricky. She applauded her Cousin's ability to deal with Kine in closer quarters than she herself could stand. The Chapter House was a huge crumbling estate, and she had just finally finished the repairs and furnishings in her room.

"I'm glad you are alive, and still here. When you missed Formal Court I wondered. We have a new Mehket. Simone Perez. We also have a Jackal creature that is killing humans after a vampire has fed upon them and left them to sleep it off in the open and apparently even in bars. Pretty much anything public. I've been on its trail, and so has Kowalsic, Haunt and Kindred of Quality."

Quinn stopped looked around and milling around the living room area, to evaluate her Cousin with her gaze. Taking in the tired look. Almost haggard. She knew there was an explanation in there. The unfortunate thing was....it would still cost her. "Well...let's hear it. You know I'm not here just as your Cousin."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve nods, "Of course we do." She walks further in and leans up against her counter.

"Well, uh... it's a very long story. But, um... short version? I'm a Mehket. Longer version? Uh..." How the hell do I tell this? "I was in neutral ground in between domains for a bit when I was approached by some old friends. And by friends, I don't mean friends. Said sire needed me and I wasn't having it. Tried heading back, was a bad fail, ended up with my sire for a month because he had an operation that needed my eyes and... I really don't want to get into the logistics. It wasn't fun."

She let's out a long sigh, "I could have made it back for formal court, I was just too tired. I just needed to feed and lay low for a bit. It's my fault though and a bunch of excuse so, go ahead. Have at me. I know the Prince will probably be pissed and I'll have my ass handed to me. It's fine. I've dealt with worse. And frankly, death isn't worse." She shrugs. "Not that I'd think death was really a possibility here, but we're fucked up creatures."

Got my ass beat and now I gotta deal with this. urghh
    | BP 2

7. Likes , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded a bit. She could certianly empathize, she had had to make discreet scramblings outside the domain herself for her Sire and former Coterie. She wasn't going to sit there and pretend otherwise. She understood. It didn't change the circumstances.

"Next time, a phone call or letter can be used to explain your absence so that you don't lose your welcome in Sacramento."
    She offered. "You are putting down roots, so to speak. In order to do this the Domain has to be a priority, Maeve." She nodded some. "Okay, so you're relegated to the Barrens for feeding until next formal court. "

That should be enough punishment for a first offense. She was glad she wasn't dead. I mean.....yikes. For a moment there Quinn had wondered if something untoward had happened. It had, to be fair, but not in Sacramento.

9. Likes liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve nods, "Yeah, I know. I..." she shakes her head and then runs her fingers through her hair, "Sorry, it's just been a bad time. I know the domain is pissed. Urgh." then she kind of rolls her eyes.

"Can I be honest though? Sometimes I feel trapped in all of this. I-"
    she purses her lips before walking over to lean against her couch. There is a lot of fidgeting to her movements, like she just can't stand still. "I don't know. Maybe that's why I didn't call or write. I just needed to exist in a bubble with no people. Breathe. Not deal with the formal shit. But, yeah, I know, that's kind of what we do."

She lets out a slow breath then and looks up at Quinn fully, "I can deal with that line for feeding. It sucks, but it is what it is. So... should I wait for formal court to show up? Would it... would it be better to do private conversations? I've never been in this situation being in the losing acknowledgment area. Just show up to regular court and get my ass handed to me verbally?"

Stop worrying so much. It isn't like this place is run by complete, utter monsters. ...I mean, it is, but that's beside the point.

So sorry I dropped the ball on this one.
    | BP 2

11. Likes , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smirked ever so slightly. Yeah. She understood that, but that wasn't a good enough excuse. It just wasn't. Understanding and forgiveness were two very different things. Kindred took a long time to forgive and they never forgot anything. Not one slight.

"You will come to normal court and be ostracized by myself and Simone until formal court, where I will redo your Acknowledgement, with the caveat that without Formal written notice and granted permission from her Grace or Seneschal Hart, should you ever miss Formal Court again, I will never allow your acknowledgement again as long as I walk these streets. Are we clear?" It was clearly a Rhetorical question.

13. Likes liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve nods and sighs, "Well, if you are gonna ostracize me, make sure you do it real well so we can giggle about it later." She gives a wink. "Or not. Either way, I'll need something to be angsty about when I write in my diary."

"And speaking of Simone, where is she?"
    She asks, looking over at the door and raising her eyebrow to Quinn, "Ooo, maybe she'll be just as irresponsible of a shadow as little ol' Maeve." A chuckle escapes her lips, "Obviously, I joke. "

"I'll make sure I dress well for court though and put on a good face. Bow and fake smile to all the right people and find a good shadow to hang out in. Our clan doesn't need the eyes and trouble."
    | BP 2

15. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn shook her head slightly. "Simone is doing some recon on the creature that's been offing Kindred Kiss victims. She won't be here. She's trying to find more information on the creatures feeding habits. If there is a pattern with the victims." It was probably a long shot they would find anything out with such mundane means, but you have to at least try. Sometimes you could be surprised.

She paused and finally moved over to her, reaching out to snare a single blue tress that was out of the way, and tuck it behind her ears. "You my wild card will help wrangle this piece of shit in when it comes time to hunt it. This creature either has or mimics Celerity. A gift of blood I have not toiled on, but you have. If this piece of shit Jackal-scavenger-fuck, tries to run for it because one of the other Kindred simply can't be quiet enough for the ambush, that's where you come in. Make sure it doesn't slip the net. I trust your ability to be both stealthy and be the goalie to kick this piece of shit back in play so to speak." Frankly, Quinn was expecting this exact scenario to play out before the jigg was even up simply for the fact that the fighty types usually weren't also skilled in being fucking quiet.

Closed Thread