Watch

Hanging out with Kaze

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

The bookstore Corn works to has the closed sign at this time and the blinders are down. Kaze has been told to give him a call or knock.

The bookstore smells of paper. There are rows and rows of shelves arranged in a way that the person behind the wooden counter could see most of the shop. Fluorescent lamps provide good illumination and there are a couple of small tables for people to check the books. An ancient computer with a cathode ray tube monitor was set on the stand below the counter. Towards the back, there's a door leading to a different room, set aside for board-games for patrons or reading books. The room is pleasantly warm and Corn has put some coffee on an old coffee maker.

Kaze
    Ruach
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze knocks a couple times on the door, fairly loudly to be sure he's heard. "It's me, Chris." He says, also fairly loudly. He waits patiently.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn opens the door and welcomes the other mage inside.
    "Welcome, welcome!" he says before he locking up again. "This is not mine but the owner allows me to use it." Having locked up and all, Corn turns to Kaze . "I have a pot of coffee brewing and I have some biscuits my mother sent me. We could head to the back room, where there's a large table and good light for people to play board games or read. We would be not disturbed." He grabs a small plastic container with homemade biscuits and looks at Kaze on whether to pour him coffee.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"It's nice!" Kaze says, smiling and looking around. He scans the shelves and displays curiously, for any theme in the books for sale.

"Um, sure, thanks!" Kaze says, accepting the offer of coffee and refreshments in general. "Board games, huh? What do you like to play?" He asks.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn pours Kaze coffee in a paper cup, adds sugar or milk if the obrimos asks and hands him the cup as they move to the back room.
    "I don't often play board games anymore. This is more for the clients." he says as he opens the door. As advertised, the room inside is well lit, with a large, heavy wooden table that has a few scratches and stains. There are a few posters on the walls and a shelf with a few board games, dice, paper, pens and pencils.
    "I kinda like playing horror board games, like Arkham Horror or the other Gov-made games." He pulled a chair and took a seat motioning for Kaze to sit too. "With Maria we occasionally play cards, backgammon, scrabble or those games where you have to answer questions as you move your pawn. Maria thinks I laugh at anything supernatural. With my cousins or friends, we play backgammon, cards but also wargames like battleship, risk, etc. We occasionally play a horror-themed board game."

he said "Gov" which could stand either for the acronym of the Guardians of the Veil or as a short for Government

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze looks interested but unfamiliar with the specific games Corn mentions. "Oh, okay." He says, apparently thinking 'Gov' is a game company or something.

"I'm an only child, and my dad was a travelling salesman, so...I recognize the name, 'Battleship' from commercials, but that's about it. Actually, my mom didn't even play card games. And my grandfather was all about physical activity. And in college I hung with the jocks, so...yeah, the games we played were more 'live action'." He says, smiling.

"So...Maria?" He asks, grinning, clearly curious about Corn's relationship. He sits down where Corn indicates.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn is still shocked that Kaze didn't know any board games so a few seconds passed in silence.
    "Oh, right, my Fiance. You were interested to know how this all works, wasn't it?" wait he didn't recognize backgammon and scrabble?
    "Yeah, I... look man, your apparent lack of board game knowledge is distracting. We have to correct that soon. It should be a night for boardgames. Now, what was it that you wanted to know about how it works? And before we start, I got to confess: I am not sure I have the answers. I am kind of amazed that it does and it has more to do with Maria than me. That said... what do you want to know, Chris? "

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze laughs when Corn says it is just wrong that Kaze hasn't played boardgame! "Okay, sure! Some night, show me what I'm missing!" He agrees.

"Yeah, so this is a big deal for me; I'm kind of a romantic." Kaze confesses, grinning. "So, like, how did you meet her? How'd it happen, like from the beginning?"

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn smiled. "It is not that romantic of a story. I had moved back from San Francisco to my town, a few hours North of here. We were waiting in a bus stop, she was attractive so ... we started talking. The bus arrived and we found out we were heading the same way, so we chatted on the way. We hit it off, but it was nothing like fireworks. We exchanged a few messages the following days, me asking to meet her casually, her playing hard to get. Not my words, her words. She has said to my sisters later that she was taking so long to answer to my messages because she didn't want to completely discourage me but she wanted me to work for it. So, she was looking for excuses that were plausible and that she hoped would work. A week after we met in the bus, she surprised me with a message saying that she was not far from the office I worked at at the time - it was closing hours - and she had a little free time. I casually told her that I "may" swing by if I can get out of the office in time and other such crap pretending to be more important than I was, while I rushed to my boss, told him about my sister having the oven on and how the house could catch fire and ran to meet Maria, arriving 15 minutes early. To her honor, she pretended she didn't notice. I also pretended I didn't notice she was also early.
    Long story short, we had a good time, we clicked. Then we went to a real date and it was good. Then we went to another one. We found out that we liked spending time with each other and our feelings grew. And so on and so forth. One thing led to another, she met my sisters, then I met her brother, etc. Time flew by and she got a good job offer in Sacramento. I actually see her more nowdays than back home, her new job demands her to travel a bit less. I told her I am supportive of her decision, I put a ring on her finger and we moved in Sacramento. "

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze's eyes light up and he leans forward and visibly drinks it all in as Corn provides the narrative of his relationship with his fiance.

"Not romantic?" Kaze objects in a slightly dreamy tone.

"Hey, it's all relative, you know? I...not to be a downer, but my mom died when I was twelve, and I was raised by my grandfather, who was a retired US Marine Colonel, and I was a jock in college and then, you know, I was an Arrow, which is pretty much 'live in the moment, don't make any long term plans'."

Kaze sighs then. "So...yeah, pretty much all my relationships have been either hookups or friend zone, or some weird combination of trying to figure out what it is exactly. None of them lasted very long, and none of them ever got to the point where we talked about marriage, at least more than once." He says, wincing slightly. Apparently the talk about marriage, when it did happen, didn't go well.

"C'mon, details! When did you know you were going to propose? Had you guys already talked about getting married? How did you know...she's The One? And how did you do it? I mean, propose to her. Like at dinner? What did you say? Did you have a ring ready to go?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread