Watch

Hanging out with Kaze

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

The notion of family barbeque brought a smile to Corn's face. "Yes, I do like family barbeque. We actually go upstate to my town for such gatherings as my family has a farm and the neighbors have some of the best pork you can think. My cousins also have their 'connections' in the food industry. We gather every once a while and we eat "homegrown" food and vegetables. Of course, since we have a farm our 'homegrown' peaches are the peaches you see in the stores here. We do use fertilizer and such. I have... taken a look if you get my meaning, to see if the 'life' of the peaches is the same as the ones grown more naturally and it is not. You can tell in the taste too. My aunt, you know which one, keeps a few peach trees in her backyard, growing them more naturally, with just a bit pesticide and fertilizer. She brings us some every so often but since they're naturally growing, you can get them for a few weeks in the summer. She makes killer jam though that we eat all year. I would bring you some in the next meeting if you want. She doesn't like Maria very much as she is against man and woman living together before marriage so I have to grab it from my mother's kitchen."
    he says with a playful wink of a naughty teenager instead of a fully grown working man that is engaged and a mage. This was Corn the Sleeper talking, not Corn the mage that could change water to something like his aunt's jelly.

Then, his cellphone lights up.
    "Woops. It seems my fiance would soon be at the station. Her work has her travelling often. I should go pick her up. We could continue your board game education at a different day if you want, or stick to movies and snacks."

Should we close the scene?
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze basks in the telling, the painting of a scene of what to him seems like bucolic, domestic bliss. He drinks it all in eagerly. Far from just a backyard barbecue, Corn describes home made food and naturally--well mostly--grown ingredients! Kaze has been spending the extra money for the 'organic' and 'grassfed' cuts of beef at the store, and like Corn says, he could tell the difference by taste even without Life magic. Which is interesting, is Corn referring to Life magic for how he checked out the fruits? Or is he applying another Arcana in a manner Kaze is just unfamiliar with? Matter, maybe? Or even Death somehow?

He is jarred from his reverie when Corn gets a call on his phone. "Oh, sure. I should probably head out too." He says.

He grins, "Thanks for the education. Hey, what about 'Twister'? Does that count?" He asks playfully.

Kaze shakes his head. "Whatever you want to do is fine with me; I just like hanging out." He says, getting up.

"Thanks again. I'll catch you later, alright?"

Thanks for the excellent scene! I really enjoyed it! Good to close, and get it into Continuity!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread