After the Summons

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Between what Necessary Guile had been able to find and what Hector and Bleeds Well saw previously its pretty clear that Chris had gone towards the club run by a pack of Pure. Likely around the same time that the Call had ventured toward the winery as the errant Irraka had mentioned something about scouting the other place. The question then is where is he?

The club is still a few miles away, though it is easy to spot the small groups making their way in its general direction. With the sun setting it is almost time for the humans to party and pretend that the world doesn't loom over them like an unending shadow.

This as a planning/information gathering scene. Feel free to join to discuss the pack's plan regarding Chris's trail last being found by Guile near the Pure club north of the river. Roll any dice pools that would take significant time in the first post as something that happened before the scene started.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

(WP for streetwise)Willpower 2 Spent
    PRE

Hector lurks at the bottom of a dark alleyway, away from the street. Which is just as well as the Alpha is a simmering pit of fury right about now. Forget about the stench that follows the Alpha around; forget about him looking like the kind of vagrant you crossed the street to avoid. Hector is frustrated by his own failure and the whole situation in general - the mask has slipped and tonight, while he is still in his human Hishu form, the face he wares is that of an Uratha and no Herd wants to see that.

How hard can it be to trace the movements of one lone cop? How hard is it to find out what we was working on? Who was he speaking with? Where was he last seen (well, okay, the Alpha knew that part!) and if he was last seen in the company of anyone? Or was he looking for someone in particular?

Hector has cased the street. Followed leads both strong and tenuous. Even called in a few favours.

And he's got... not much more than Necessary Guile told them. The Alpha has got enough to peg the time Chris was last seen (the winery hunt) and the location (that damn bar) but nothing else. No reason why. No context. No "oh he was going to see X" or "he was looking for Y". For all Hector knew, Chris had simply walked into the wrong bar looking for a drink!

OK. Scratch that. Chris was Irakka. He knew what the bar was. He knew who claimed territory there.

And if an Irakka was going into a rival territory, alone, then there was a damn good reason for it. But Hector didn't know what that was. It is a wonder he isn't pacing like a caged beast!

failure

1 success

1 success

@Kelreth the penalty reflects the obscurity of the information (working out the last movements of Chris and if he was trying to speak or meet with anyone) - and that he is using Streetwise to piece together the movements of a Cop, without drawing attention to himself
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The Midnight Wolf was charming once, but has long since forgotten those social graces. He'd watched the club scene from a distance, followed the herd, picked out the regulars.

3 successes

He found the diner of choice for the inebriated club go-ers, and the midnight wolf, so in-touch with his primal nature stumbled through attempts to ingratiate himself with the drunken gaggles. His primal nature did more to attract the inebriated than he expected, and soon he was accepted by the tribe. Rumors and stories, more questions trying to piece together what had been occurring inside, what might have happened to Chris.

3 successes

With his little bits of knowledge he arrives in the alley, slowly approaching Hector to share what rumors he's picked up that ring with a bit of truth

2 successes

Kelreth

PU: 4

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny knows where his strengths lie in, and he dives a different way into the bar.
    He starts with just straight research, who owns it, whats the taxes, and goes forward from there.
    3 successes

then he starts asking around in the legal community, who has worked for them, has there been any lawsuits or property transfers? Who is their lawyer?
    2 successes

Information in literal hand, he joins the rest of the pack. Hopefully this will help everyone else.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Hector

Bleeds Well

Tiny

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

The pack arrives. Hector hugs the shadows, oozing his impotent frustration until the last of the pack Tiny arrives. Only then does he move from the shadows, forcing a breath out of his frenzied lips - a calming breath - while his eyes burn and glitter. With a physical effort, he stills a tick in his leg and at last his eyes calm.

He grins at them.

"How did you go? Anything? I've spent my time on the streets. Looking for... something. A sighting. A story. Anything. Best I got? There was a fight at that club. Someone was stabbed in there. Mass panic - clubbers spilling out into the street. Half a dozen different tales of what was going on. Bad night all round. Of course, next day its all but forgotten. A man with a limp... I kid you not! A man with a limp told me this!"

Hector snorted, disgusted at how he appeared to be falling into story book tropes.

"About a week ago. Give or take. Time and reckoning is malleable on the street."

He rubbed his hands with a burst of energy and cracked his knuckles before placing both his hands behind his back.

"I failed you. I am sorry. How did you fare?"

Manic and intense eyes danced between the Rahu and the Elodoth.

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Gruff and terse Bleeds Well has been on edge like never before. The pack is broken and weak, a shadow of it's former self and he blames himself for it.

"NO," he nearly shouts at Hector, almost lunging at Hector, but restrains himself staggering forward a step. "It's not you, it's the change, the moon, the energy. We are beset. Another test by Luna, we must adapt. I heard much the same. Club staff stabbed a guy in a suit. I can only speculate who the suit might be. Chris had a pen chant for hoodies, but he was a detective, on tv they tend to wear suits
    ," a shrug as if to say whose to say.

"Do you feel him through your connection to us? Where is Emily? Where is everyone? We either track the Irraka down or we go and rip the club apart, torture and maim all the oath breakers, burn off their limbs with fire and force them to tell us of his fate."

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny nods as Hector gives his story, then practically jumps out of his skin as Bleeds jumps ship to Rage Train. "Whoa!" He calls as Bleeds shouts, "Whoa man, we can't go tearing into there like that. First, we don't behave that way. Second they didn't swear the oath, so they can't break it. Third, we have one goal here, get Chris back safe and in one piece. That means we need to do a" he sighs "Scouting run to figure out whats going on. We need entry and exit points, where the hell he is, if he's even in there, and how much resistance we face. And for starters, there are at least 3 owners to that club from my research. That's one for each of us, and none for getting Chris home. Because he's going to need to get carried at least. So let's put our noses to work and find his trail." He knows reasoning with any Uratha as gripped with Rage as Bleeds isn't going to be easy, but he is also Elodoth, and that's his fucking job.
    1 success
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

The Rahu's rage draws the Alpha's focus. Hector's eyes grow wide. His fingers tense. And then he breathes out as Bleeds Well speaks.

"You'd make a good Frasil Luhal, Suthar Anzuth".

He cracked a grin, more forced than is usual.

He spared the Elodoth a glance.

"So a man in a suit gets stabbed. And this causes Herd to stampeded? So they say?"

Hector breathed again. His hands drop to his sides.

"We hunt Chris. He is pack. Bleeds we will savage these Oath Breakers who think they can squat on our turf. But I want to keep the club in one piece for now. Maybe we can claim it for ourselves. Three owners means... three Anshega. Perhaps...."

"Tiny. Bleeds and I have scouted around the club before. There is a back entrance. I've picked that lock so i can do it again. We found them - three I think - beating on some Herd gang banger. We could have ambushed them then and there but at the time Bleeds here felt that an attack would have left our backs exposed; and we didn't have enough information about who else was in the place. When a Blood Talon suggests caution, I listen. But maybe, Tiny, you have told us that there are only three wolves running in that Ivory Claw pack. Good to know."

"So. We hunt for Chris. We know he was going to the bar. We know there was a fight. We know that there was mass panic. Which could mean fangs were shown... And we can't find any trace of him anywhere else. So we do as Tiny says. We scout. They either have him..."

Pause.

"Or he isn't there."

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well stalks forward, skin rippling with the threat of change as he closes the distance between himself and Hector. The Alpha's savage breath feels his senses as their foreheads come near touching. Tiny's voice is an incessant buzzing in his head, something inside him screams. The Alpha has shown his flank, he is too weak to lead, the pack is fallen.

Then Tiny the Elodoth speaks a truth that breaks through the din,

That's one for each of us, and none for getting Chris home

The Elodoth speaks a truth that breaks through the din in his head. Bleeds Well stares hard at Hector as the Alpha's feral grin spreads across his face. The Enforcer turns away staring out, chest heaving as Hector speaks.

"Chris is no pup, he knew better than to go to that club without gathering the pack first. We've let him be alone too much, too long. He forgot what it is to be pack. I propose Hector, we enter same as before, through the back, all three of us together. We permanently handicap the first Ivory Claw we find, and if he can't tell us where Chris is being kept or at least what they did with his body, we move on to the next. All three of us together, striking as one, we will rip through these trespassers with a ferocity Fenris will sing about. Then leave their broken, maimed bodies on the outskirt of the city as a warning for who would dare encroach upon us. We will pull the teeth from their skull, bite off their fingers one by one, make them watch as their limbs are fed to wild coyotes, then gouge out their eyes so the last thing they see is their own weakness."

He turns and looks at Hector once more.

"We go now," it's almost a question.

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread