Watch

Crystal comes to Kaze's Sanctum

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Come on in, do you want some water?" Kaze asks as he answers the door when Crystal arrives.

Kaze's condo is a second floor walk up in a gated community called, 'Woodside' nearby the University of Sacramento. Inside the floor plan is spacious and airy with a private balcony and vaulted ceilings that make it feel open despite only being a 1 bedroom; 1 bathroom unit. The living room has two fairly nice oak chairs with a coffee table in between. In one corner is a large cage holding a number of pigeons, 8 to be precise if one takes the time to count them. The cage is about five feet square and about four feet high, with boxes mounted inside for roosting pairs. The cooing of the birds is omnipresent though not particularly loud. A 55 inch flat screen television has been mounted up on the wall above the cage with a glass media shelf under it with a sound bar of speakers and a cable box and what looks like a camera aimed down at the cage.

There are stacks of books on the floor and on the counter of the kitchen area, and the bedroom itself has a high king sized platform bed with a desk underneath with a computer on it, and a swivel chair. Beside the bed, there is a padded mat on the floor and a wooden post with dowels projecting out that might be recognized as a kung fu training equipment, or just look like something for cats or maybe the pigeons. There is a holder on the bedroom wall for various staves and a set of two sheathed swords, one with about a three foot blade and another with about a two foot blade, both of them slightly curved.

On the counter are two unopened bottles of whiskey of two different types, two each.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal wasn't used to being nervous about social situations. He should be even more at ease since Kaze had extended his trust and seemed to be a perfectly upright guy - but maybe that was exactly why the Mastigos was anxious about talking to him. There was this lingering threat of letting down his defenses, and with what's been happening the last few weeks there was a lot to unpack.

First, it appeared that all the things you heard about are actually real - Vampires, Werewolves and whatnot. And Kaze took of with one of them. Maybe he'd just misheard her? That doesn't explain the other weird vibes he had been getting at the Nexus.

Next, it had been proven time and time again that the shit that had been going down in San Francisco still bothered him more than he thought it would. Plus, he felt even more empty than usual lately.

Of course, this wasn't anything he really wanted to discuss with the Obrimos, likeable or not.
    No, like announced in the text: they would chill and talk a bit. And if anything else failed he could always get shitfaced.

He made his way to the entrance carrying a gift to return the favor when Kaze visited him. He took a moment to gather himself before he knocked and put on his best smile for his host, handing over the bottle. "Hey, thanks for having me. Yeah, water is fine. And maybe later we'll find a use for this."

He looked around and gave an appreciative whistle. "I mean, it's not much but it seems homely. I guess it suits you - and I do mean that in a complimentary way. So, how are you?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and then whistles at the higher quality whiskey. "Wow. I don't think I've had anything that nice, before!" He says, impressed. "Definitely. Later."

He gives Crystal a quick tour of the small, one bedroom condo, bathroom, kitchen, living room, bedroom. There is a Hallow with a peaceful resonance in the bedroom that Crystal might sense. Or not.

"Homely, huh?"
    Kaze says, mock offended. "Well, it's home anyway. I like it." He smiles.

"I'm good. I mean, so far so good, right? How about you? Any progress on anything since I came over for acting coaching?" He asks, handing Crystal a sealed bottle of spring water and taking a seat in the living room.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, you know: you're worth it." Huh, that sounded like a platitude even to Crystal's ears. Anyway, moving on.

The tour was taken with polite interest, although the Warlock seemed to be untouched by the Hallow - Mage Sight was not something he used regularly. "Yeah no, again: it was a compliment. If there's anyone in Sacramento who can make an apartment truly into a home I'd wager it's you."

He took the water with a small nod and found a seat for himself to slouch into. "Progress? I don't think there's much to talk about on my end." Some lazy research for the Mysterium paper, some lazy research into Time, so lazy socializing. He searched Kaze's face, searched for any indication that the Ex-Arrow's conquest did anything to him that night. After a few moments of looking and tapping his foot he couldn't take it anymore. "So.. the elephant in the room: what the fuck was that place the other night? Where you actually taking off with a Vampire or did I mishear her?"

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks!" Kaze says when Crystal says he's worth it, no irony in Kaze's tone at all.

He grins when Crystal says he meant 'homely' as a compliment. Pretty sure the word would have been 'homey' but maybe that's too ghetto for Crystal.

"Well thanks for that." He says, smiling.

He listens while Crystal declines to elaborate on whatever he's been up to. It's cool. He can tell Crystal has a thing about bonding, like it doesn't feel safe or something. He wonders a little about it, but doesn't push.

Kaze laughs out loud when Crystal brings up the subject he'd been politely not, since Crystal said he wasn't sure he was up to it. Apparently discipline or delayed gratification or something like that is not really his thing!

"Yeah, That happened." Kaze agrees when Crystal asks if he heard Jennifer say she was a vampire. "And pretty sure I saw the girl with blue hair turn into a dire wolf from 'Game of Thrones' or something, too!" He says in a 'what do you want to say about it?' tone.

"So, what else did you see or hear that was 'twilight zone' ish?"
    Kaze asks? "I was kind of pulled into the thing with Skye...."

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal thought about it for a bit, shaking his bottle of water nervously and tapping his foot. He could divert the conversation towards how cheap the cocktail tasted, how he worries about Kaze hitting it off with a literal Vampire or how there was nobody really worth flirting with present.

He could just ask his host to open the bar early.

Instead he just sighed and hit his leg with the bottle, silencing the drumming momentarily. "I don't know man. Everything felt so wrong, like on a primal level. Like all these people were no people. Yeah, one of them was a Werewolf, the blonde one claimed to be a witch." He grimaced. "You sure there is only one Guardian in Sacramento? Anyway, everybody there was beyond fucked up and that made me nervous. It still makes me nervous and you're the only one I feel close to comfortable talking about it. Partly because you were also there but mostly because, you know."

The anxious tapping started again, Crystal threw his head back dramatically. "Ugh, look at me gaying up the place. Kaze, this whole evening was wrong and I'm pretty sure we definitely belonged there with all the other monsters. Every fucking Awakened talks about this like it's the best thing that has ever happened to them. Well it isn't."

Well, now this can of worms had been opened. He Warlock decided to add an easy way out for Kaze, a way to pass on the mushy stuff and discard any responsibility about this handsome stranger's baggage. "So what is up with you and her?"

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "Hey. Let's try that gift you brought, if you're up for it?" He suggests, picking up that water isn't really what's needed at this time.

He whistles and grins when Crystal talks about how unreal it all felt. "Oh yeah! 'primal' is right! The energies around that place were...wild!" Kaze says.

He listens to Crystal, weighing whether the Mastigos was ready to open up a bit. Probably not, but it never hurts to show it's okay when he is ready.

"Hey. Remember before, when we were talking, and I was saying how Awakening is a seriously messed up thing to do to someone, that we all go through like, trauma related to it and have messed up family lives or whatever?" Kaze asks, not mentioning that at the time Crystal had claimed to be the exception to the rule.

"Yeah, that's a real thing. The lady I am dating, who I really like, turns out to see the world as predator and prey, and she's a predator whether she likes it or not." Kaze says.

"And we...see the world as this tissue paper thin lie covering everything that we can poke holes in, I mean, we do whether we want to or now, just by existing."

Kaze shrugs, "It's heavy duty." He says, smiling. "Talk about being an outsider that doesn't really fit in...."

14. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That's a great suggestion!" And like that the water bottle was tossed towards Kaze. Coming here might have been the right call after all.

"But here's the thing. My life before my Awakening was great" ish ", the fuckery started afterwards. I could just dick around every night, not worrying about Supernal truths or fucking up some Sleeper's life or the Abyss but here I am. No, this is all new trouble and I don't know how the fuck I'm supposed to deal with it." Considering he had been giving Kaze acting lessons, the Obrimos technically owed him some sage advice.

Inner turmoil or no, the beckon of gossip was strong enough to make Crystal care about someone else but him for a moment. "Your date? So you're official? Has she ever hurt you? How are you?" It might not be the most tactful, but at least he didn't voice his other opinions on the comparison between them and blood-drinking things. His voice didn't betray those doubts either, it was pure interest.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins and smoothly rises from his seat to open the gift and get out two glasses. "ice? Or no?" He asks Crystal, seeming perhaps more practiced at pouring out drinks of hard liquor than one might expect from his clean cut, healthy appearance!

Bringing Crystal his glass and sipping his own before responding, Kaze says. "There's a saying. 'Festina lente'. It means, 'Make haste quickly'. Roughly translated, I was told in training. I don't speak latin. Anyway, they expand it as, 'Slow is smooth; smooth is fast.' It means different things, but basically...I think pretty much the best advice comes down to, 'Don't rush it, but don't put it off either. You know?"

"Like, the Abyss...all that stuff. It was there before us, and it'll be there when we're gone. You gotta watch it, be careful. You don't want to let the fact that you know about it now keep you from living and growing though. On the other hand, you will get in trouble if you let the fact that you know about it now push you to try to grow faster, reach for things...you aren't ready for instead of letting them come naturally."

Kaze grins. "So yeah, I'm not the Wise Guy on top of the mountain, sorry. I'm just a pal, pouring drinks. The more you drink, the wiser my words are going to sound!" he says, laughing.

18. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal took his alcohol neat - if he wanted to go healthy, he'd drink the water offered to him.

He held his glass while Kaze talked, not really sold on the Obrimos' view. "But even if we don't rush, we're constantly flirting with the Abyss. No matter how careful we might be, it always catches up to us, right?" He was, of course, shaping the narrative. Deep inside he knew damn well that he had been anything but careful - but maybe Kaze would provide his much needed absolution.

"I hear you." He answered when Kaze finished, downing his drink in one big go. "But how are we supposed to learn the right amount of fucking with it?" He held his glass out to Kaze, forgetting the concerns he voiced for his fellow Awakened. "When do we know that we're ready for whatever it is that lies beyond?"

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread