Watch

Crystal comes to Kaze's Sanctum

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins at Chrystal Michael "There is no 'Kaze' approved way. You already know that. I don't have a problem with him thinking of me that way; I'm just surprised." He says. And maybe a little sad for him.

"Nope." Kaze says. "First of all, that's a whole existential thing, and I don't know what the answer is. Second, I wouldn't tell you if I did." He grins. "Same as I wouldn't talk about what we talked about either. That's not something a friend does."

"So, how about you? Am on a list of more than two people you'd call your friend around here?" Kaze asks, curiously, pouring out two more drinks.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Boo, that's no fun." But Crystal's tone suggested that he ultimately respected Kaze's stance on that.

The Obrimos' question warranted a thoughtful sip. "You know, as sad as we've previously established it to be: you might just be. I hung out with Aurora and whatshisface-" It was on the tip of his tounge, the nerdy guy in his Order. "Corn! But you know, I don't know if I vibe with them completely. You know?" Boy, this did sound sad. Better add some bravado to it. "I mostly surround myself with other pretty people, Sleepers I meet in the better clubs and all." Yeah, despite his slightly slurred speech that definitely sounded cooler.

"I just don't want to talk about Supernal shit here, Magic there and sometimes I feel like this is the only topic everyone seems to talk about these days. So you can alter the very laws you've believed in all your life, doesn't change the fact that you're boring as fuck, you know?"
    The next time he sipped at his drink he actually spilled quite a bit on his shirt. Maybe he should call it a night - a night? fuck no, it probably wasn't even that late.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens and nods thoughtfully as Chrystal Michael answers his question about who his friends are. It's actually kind of reassuring that he counts Kaze among a select few, since he told Kaze his True Name.

"Thanks. I like you too, Michael." Kaze says, sincerely. He doesn't comment on Chrystal Michael's comment about pretty people in clubs. Kaze has seen Chrystal Michael in clubs. He totally looked out for Skye and didn't take advantage of anyone. Any sleepers Chrystal Michael hung out with would probably be better off for it.

"Really. I mean it. We haven't known each other that long, but I already feel like I probably have more in common with you than anyone else in our community."

"Yeah...I guess there's mages who are people, and then there's people who are mages, you know?" Kaze says thoughtfully.

Then Chrystal Michael spills his drink in a sloppy, uncoordinated manner. Not even close. Not smooth at all.

"Oh hey." Kaze says. "Okay, so three choices." He counts out with fingers held up in the air.

"One, I can clean the toxins out of you with magic."

"Two, you can crash on the futon."

"Or three, I can drive you home." He offers.

"I am going to be bummed if you don't remember this whole conversation, though." Kaze says. He stands up and tests his balance, experimentally. Seems okay. Even so, he's going to stop drinking now. Cleansing himself of toxins would feel like wasting the whiskey.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Those blunt words seemed to take Crystal by surprise for a second, then he just smiled and waved Kaze off. "Yeah, you know." And that was that.

"Couldn't have said it better myself! Like, can't people just get a personality at their fancy towers? Well, tobefair, Aurora and you and Campanella got personality, but you know?" This train of thought appeared to have been derailed by liquor. Another justification to the Obrimos' intervention.
    But as soon as Kaze talked about purging the alcohol with Magic, Crystal tensed up. "Fuck off! This is going out the old-fashioned way and that's that. Buuut.." he drained the last bit of liquid from his glass. "I won't say no to a ride home."

With that he got up as quickly as his sense of balance allowed him and looked for the door. It was far from an Irish exit, but only because he needed Kaze to actually drive him home. "And don't worry: I've got a good" one finger, tapping the side of his head. "Memory. Thanks for today, really."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze laughs at Crystal's Michael's statement about people having personality. "Hey, everyone has a personality on the inside; just some people aren't up for letting it out! Or letting us see it, I guess." He says, still laughing.

Then Crystal Michael reacts to Kaze's offer of magical cleansing. "Whoa. Hey. No problem. I get it. I promise, I will not use magic on your without your permission, ever, okay?" He says. "Just, let me get your permission ahead of time if you're ever unconscious and bleeding out, and I can heal you to save your life, okay?" He asks, looking Crystal Michael directly in the eye, asking him sincerely.

Kaze nods, grinning. "You got it. One ride in the Kaze-mobile coming up." He says.

Seems like we're winding down the scene? Good to get it into continuity; a lot of amazing things happened in this scene, thank you!

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, you're in luck because right now I'm letting it all hang out." Yep, subtlety made way for double innuendos. High time this Awakened went to bed.

He eyed Kaze suspiciously, pursed his lips and shook his head. "I'm not giving you permission to do shit, if I'm bleeding out I probably deserve it." Although that was probably just the Warlock's drunk fatalism hanging out. He let himself led to Kaze's car and was mostly trying not to make a mess on the way. Questions were answered as coherently as possible and when they arrived Crystal offered the Obrimos one of those awkward car-hugs (made even more awkward by a certain lack of coordination). "Hey, I want you to know that you are awesome. Really."

He didn't really wait for an answer before getting out of the car, but right before he closed the door he stopped and addressed Kaze again. "Thank you. For, you know."
    And with that he made his way home, ready to embrace the vicious hangover-to-be.

Thank you for the amazing scene!

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles. Nods. We'll see how he feels when he's sobered up. Still, Kaze really does feel a fondness towards him and respects his transparency and struggle with the magical nature he's found thrust upon him.

"Right back at you." Kaze says, grinning.

He carefully doesn't help any more than Chrystal Michael seems comfortable with.

Yes! I had so much fun getting to know both our characters better in this scene and just the fun of it! Thank you!

13. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread