Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable held the bag steady for him. "Try pushing through with your body more. Give it another go."

She thought ack to the arguments she had with the last Hierophant. "That's just my personal opinion. And I don't hold it against anyone else if they have one. Maybe someday I'll see the need but for now I'm good without one." She knew that Alice really needed one and it had saved her life.

"What is your view on it?"

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Mable holding the bag definitely helped but it also deprived her of practice. Even if she was miles ahead of him that felt a bit rude.

"Let me know when you'd like switch," he offered as he set up again and got some weight behind his fist.

3 successes

He smiled feeling pleased with the power on that one.

"Not exactly good," he admitted when she asked his feelings "Haven't had any real experience with them but it's my understanding it's like working with an addict."

failure

He tried another hit but his mind was on the conversation and it showed.

"I've worked with addicts. Pushing that onto someone... doesn't seem worth it, eh?" And working to keep them in that state, felt wrong. Abusive would be a better way to say it, but not to another Kindred. That wasn't even getting into the vinculum.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable felt the bag try to knock her over. She stumbled a bit. "There you go!. That was awesome." She encourage him. "I'm good. I get lots of practice, I go to a gym and fight at least once a week. It helps keep my beast under control."

She had to smile, he felt the same way she did. "I would never push my beliefs about ghouls on anyone else. But I do agree with you. It just goes against my grain."

His next hit basically missed. "Am I tiring you?" She teased.

"Have you been checking out the different covenants?"
    She paused, "I'm not trying to push you towards mine or anything. Though of course I wouldn't mind more Circle members. I was just curious on your take on each covenant." And she sounded sincere. She was really enjoying his company.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"Congratulations. I haven't been able to find one thing that works consistently." Aside from actual medication "Normally have to switch tactics to keep everything under control. Course a lot of the time it's more than 'just' the one beast." He gave another swing. Solid connection but nothing special.
    1 success

"Depression. Anxiety," he clarified during his next pause "I don't have more than one mystical Beast." Was that obvious? He wasn't sure such a thing was possible but he knew little about other Kindred curses. Did the Nosferatu refer to their disquite as another beast? It certainly seemed like one sometimes in trying to keep it from influencing his thoughts.

He gave another punch. Better than last time, but still not matching from before.
    2 successes

"Maybe tiring a bit," he admitted, helping her to steady the punch bag, using the time to take measure of what his body was telling him.

"Looked into a bit but nothing serious. Until recently I was moving around too much to get much of an idea of the covenants other than rumors." He flexed his hands, trying to figure out his his muscles were sore or just hungry for blood "I guess, closest I've come to being recruited is the Order but...," he gave a quite shrug "From how Dirt Nap described it, I'm not sure that's the path for me right now."

He seemed to come to a decision as if feeling the tense movement of his shoulders was the last piece to fall into place. "Yeah, getting tired."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, I have to try and switch things up also. I started learning to count to 10 in other languages and count in my head....a lot. I also do yoga and meditation. Recently I started reading a lot more. Trying to keep my mind and body doing things is all I can think of. I work ...a lot. It's my coping mechanism I suppose."

She held the bag as he swung. "That was good, try it again." He hit the bag harder this time. "That was awesome" she said as she tried to steady the bag. He helped her. He was so kind.

When he admitted getting tired, "Let's walk in the flower garden." She led him to the path that wound through bright spring flowers.

"I know what you are saying. Before I came here, I never thought about covenants. I was always by myself in the woods. Then I got here and well at that time covenants seemed so important I started exploring a bit. Nothing felt quite right. I mean, Invictus? Can you ever see me trying to deal with titles and all that formal political stuff." She laughed at herself.

"Then the Lancea while I respect the religion stuff it just wasn't for me. The carthians, maybe? But they aren't very respected around here and they were too anti-establishment. The Ordo. Well, I liked a lot of what they are trying to do. But it felt to intense. Too ... don't know just too much. I thought the Circle was something totally different than what it is. But I was open to hearing about it and well, the path I decided on was lust so me. I could practice being a pagan, honor the earth and her people just like I was already doing. And I gained some understanding about myself."

She paused to pick some dead flower heads before continuing. "It's kinda weird but the only two tenants are Creation is Power and Enlightenment through tribulation. I really related to those. I believe that we were created for a reason. My faction is called People of the land. Basically, the members have been travelers or nomads wandering to find themselves or their place. And the belief is that we have a purpose like any of the predators in nature. We keep the kine in check. I personally do this by trying to help them learn about nature and respect it more."

She stops talking suddenly, "Oh. I'm sorry. I realized I was starting to babble again. I tend to do so when I feel passionate about a subject. If you are ever curious about the other factions or to hear more about the crone let me know. I believe learning all you can about things helps to demystify them and make them less foreign of scary sounding. I mean, I used to visualize the three witches from Macbeth. Now I know it is just about using your resources wisely."

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Meditation is one of my go tos. I just find it harder since… the newest beast,” The way it tore at his mind. Even from some of the talks with other Kindred, that part of him was closer to the surface. Made it harder for coherent thoughts to form. “I guess in some ways, I’m hoping mastering Protean can help in some way. Give me some insight into our blood to help things be… calmer.”

“And it has a bit,”
    he acknowledged as they walked into the garden “At least with the fear from It.” Though that offered its own problems

He listened as she described her own experience. “It’s okay. Most of what I know probably comes from people trying to convince me the other side is wrong.” He gave a rueful smile “That the Circle is only interested in getting back the power it help in olden nights. That they’re using religion as an excuse to practice blood magic and wanton torture.” The smile remained as he gave a slight cock of his head “Don’t worry, I’ve heard worse of other covenants. The idea that the Circle is seeking power came from an Invictus who basically said as much about their own covenant.”

He sighed and put his hands in his pockets as he bent to inhale the scent of spring flowers.

“I’ve never been one for religion. Though I get how it helps people. Even recommended it regularly to patients when I was still practicing. Meaning finding…,” he sighed again “And I’ve also been a part of political organizations, even if only the periphery. Enough that I don’t think I’d be happy spending eternity in the Invictus. Or maybe even the Order.” Having a title called Slave didn’t sit right with him, even without the chance of risking his existence to change. “And the Carthians,” he paused “in principle maybe but I’ve also heard things about them. Fascist, nationalistic things.” Stuff he could never support. Enough to make him wary of joining.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Protean has helped me. But maybe animalism has been even better?" An meme occurred to her. "Have you ever seen the meme of the cuttle fish?" she pulled it up on her phone, "Take a look." she giggles. "That's me, I give danger hugs. I guess I just try to find the positive in the situation."

"I don't think anyone should ever tell someone their beliefs are wrong. Something may be wrong for me but right for someone else. I'm sorry you have gone through that."

She watched him smell the flowers. "I know paganism is a kind of religion but I think of it as a celebration of all living things. Plus, I love studying the old myths. I mean, vampires used to be myths to me and here I am. What if these other beings once lived? Or what if they were aliens? Or what if aliens are gods?" She laughs a light sparkly laugh. "I mean really possibilities are so much more interesting then almost anything else. Hopes and dreams are heady stuff. I think many fellow kindred forget to dream what they could do with their extended time."

She does a spin with her arms wide open. "Don't you just love night air." She smiles at him. He probably thinks she nuts but at least she is herself.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC read from the fun and chuckled when he got to the part about danger hugs. And her words reminded of advice he would give, almost. “Being positive all the time doesn’t always work,” It could be toxic “but finding something to be grateful can definitely help.” It was just damn hard sometimes.

He wasn’t sure he completely agreed with her thoughts on beliefs. A lot of times people held thoughts that hurt them or others and didn’t have the self-awareness (and occasionally empathy) to recognize what those beliefs actually meant. Though she was, telling them they were wrong didn’t often help.

JC watched with a small smile. It made him happy to see a Kindred able to experience that kind of wonder and optimism. It made him sad that he couldn’t escape his own mind sometimes.

It made him jealous that she could and, as always when the Beast was able to influence, he hated her for it.

Flex, relax. Try to enjoy the night air.

We’re past the month. Thanks for the scene ��

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You are so right. Being positive all the time doesn't work. But I do try to find something everyday to be grateful for. I think maybe if you can try to make yourself find one thing a day to be grateful for. Either say it out loud or write it down. You now, fake it til you make it."

She walks quietly for a bit. "Hey, anytime you need to escape you can come on over. We can spar, walk, talk or just sit quietly and meditate together. And if you want to learn more about the Circle let me know. I would happily answer any questions. I believe in being as transparent as possible."

Mable walked him part way down the drive. "Thanks for stopping by."

Thanks for the scene.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Closing the scene. Thanks for the scene.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread