After shocks: a Social

(The Nameless) Driving Hazard
Mar 15, 2021 - Apr 19, 2021
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Status (Network Zero)
    Status (Private Investigator)
    Katherine Port
    Katherine Port Scenes

Katherine reaches out by any means she has to contact the hunters the day after the auction.
    "Lets have a BBQ! Get to know each other a bit. Bring your favorite drink. I'll have kosher hot dogs, root beer and fruit salad. Bring any thing from the deli if you want! Tomorrow 2 PM until whenever we want to go home. [Address]'

Katherine's apartment has a little community area with a grill and some picnic tables. She throws some red checkered table cloths over two of the tables, and even adds the clamps to hold the table cloth down! She adds the tinfoil tray of silverware and a few sets of tongs to the table, hot dog rolls, the empty platter for the cooked hot dogs. She brings out the cooler in a separate trip out, ensuring the tupperware holding refrigerated kosher hot dogs is kept cold enough. She gets the grill going and settles down on one of the picnic tables, playing around on her phone until the grill is ready and hopefully, people show!

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

High Performance Driving
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Resources
    Dexterity
    (Twitch Reflexes)
    William Reed

Will showed up whenever he wanted to, but it was usually early. Not because of any sense of punctuality but because he liked to drive fast and take chances most likely wouldn’t. His driving in the actual neighborhood was fairly standard though, didn’t need a bunch of Karens calling the cops on him cause we had to think about the children. Though the music was loud enough, not like he had anything to worry about here, here HE was the danger and he liked that.

The door closed with a loud thud before he slipped around to the trunk and pulled out a cooler, letting it hit the grand with a heavy thunk and clatter before stacking things on top and wheeling it slowly to the picnic area. He saw the table clothes and then looked at Katherine and shrugged while shaking his head.

He set the cooler next to one of the tables and stood a few feet away, he’d have to go back to the car for other stuff but he hung around to at least say hi. “I brought hamburgers, beer, Jack, and Coke. Got some other stuff in the car I gotta grab though.”

4. Likes liked this post

Half the Fun is Risking Scars
    Presance
    (Blithe)
    Striking Looks
    (Svelte, Beguiling)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (Fashion)
    Fame
    (Fashion)
    Tasi Morgan

Professional Training Contacts:
    Fashion, Entertainment, Clubs

Status (Entertainment) 1
    Status (Fashion) 2 | Fame (Fashion) 1

Status (Compact Ashwood Abbey) 1
    Barfly

Tasi exits the car after William returned to it, making sure he grabbed everything she brought, the case is unwieldy, even with the helpful wheels on the bottom, containing everything she'd need, steel and leather and more. Knowing he and Lacus? Lucas? were mechanically inclined, and weren't going to be asking questions that would require a bribe (or more) to silence, and if they were going to be a Cell, they'd help, yes? Well. William would.
    He didn't leave her behind.
    He carried her and her arm

She's wearing a fuzzy sweater, in a soft lavender, cropped of course. While it was winter, it wasn't done to forget fashion. A high waisted black skirt, soft grey tights, with nice lace up boots, Her wig today is a black and purple one, the purple darker then the lavender of her sweater, and twisted and pinned into space buns, with a fringe and pieces left loose to artfully frame her face. Her make up is softer then what she wore for the museum, but she isn't dead and so she isn't caught without her full face.

she isn't paying attention to one of her sweater sleeves being neatly folded and pinned

"And I have a bottle of red~" she calls out holding the bottle in her only remaining hand.

6. Likes , Shane liked this post
    Status (Network Zero)
    Katherine Port
    Katherine Port Scenes

"Hey William, glad you could make it. Thought that we could talk a bit. I invited every one I had info for, so hopefully we'll see Lucas and Monty here."
    "Hey, Tasi! I love your sweater. My favorite color. Thanks for bringing this! I think you know a lot more on the best sort of drink for this." Kate accepted the bottle and got it set up to serve. She watches Tasi for a few beats, a friendly smile. She didn't want to bring up the violent assault and the loss of some of Tasi's arm if Tasi didn't seem to want to discuss it. She was concerned, however.

"Is something wrong, William?" She questioned at seeing him look to her and shake his head. She frowns at him, recalling the way he had spoken to her during the auction as well.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Lucas Boucher

Who has a BBQ in the peak of winter?

Not that Lucas minded the cold, much. And they did need to talk about things. So Lucas swung by the nearest grocery store a few minutes before arriving to pick up bottled water and some of those bag salads. It was something. He arrives in a red sweat shirt, a black beanie, jeans, and boots. He fetches the goods out of the trunk and makes his way to the table Kat setup before noticing Tasi struggling.

"Need a h-"
    His mouth stays open for a second, his eyes going just wide enough for Tasi to see the panic. "-elp? You uh, need a help?"

Gotta make it sound natural. Like you meant to sound like an idiot. That made it okay. Side note? It sucks being awkward.

9. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Quatermass

How long had Eric sat, staring blankly, at the apartment building? Not even he was certain. The air inside his van was stuffy and the cheap air freshener was definitely not helping right now. There was a crumpled note on the dash, crudely flattened out. The address was on it. Contact details as well. His script was barely legible, even for him and the scrap of paper was stained: the phone call had come late at night; he had been alone in the motel room, just him and a bottle of vodka which he had been experimenting with.

But now he was here. In his van. Cleaned up (mostly). Alone and in a new city. Still without a clue.

No time like the present. Exhaling heavily he ran a hand over his stubble and through his wavy hair. Got out of the car. Struggled with his overly long knitted scarf. Hauled out the bag of... what? Offerings? Tribute? Friendly things to say hello? The message had been vague and garbled on a watery line - something about an introduction to a cell and a BBQ - get something for it.

At least the bag was filled with food: french loaves, mustard, pate, butter, cheeses. He struggled with the bulk of it while trying to re-read his note. Satisfied, he jammed the paper into his mouth and chewed furiously. Contemplated spitting out the pulped mess but forced it down.

At last he dropped his bumbling face and scurried across the distance to the apartment building.

He still took time finding the group, having first gone straight to Katherine Port unattended apartment; abashed, he wandered somewhat aimlessly until voices drew him to the outdoor setting.

Hope people don't mind me dropping Quatermas on you here. Its the quickest way to an introduction that I can think of.

11. Likes , Cayce, Shane liked this post

High Performance Driving
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Resources
    Dexterity
    (Twitch Reflexes)
    William Reed

Will was on edge, coiled like a serpent ready to strike, just on the precipice of violence. Was it normal, an air he wished to give off, or the stress of the situation? Either way his attitude was sour from the start as he left the cooler and the couple of bags on top of it by one of the tables. When asked if something was wrong he just held up a hand with his pointer finger up indicating the urge to wait as he slipped back to the car to grab the rest of Tasi’s stuff, leaving her there with them for a few minutes before returning wheeling the cart and setting It on the other end of the table.

Will generally dressed practically and today was no different, jeans, black tee, today was a pair of black and white tennis-shoes. When he came back he came back with his black, leather jacket weather be damned. The jacket might as well be his armor, feeling naked without it, including the comfortable weight tucked away in a pocket holster.

“You mean besides the obvious?” He finally answered as he bent down in the cooler pulling out a can of coke and immediately chugging some of it before topping it off from the bottle of Jack. Giving it a little swirl before taking a sip. Taking a seat on the tabletop, hands resting on his knees. “You’re soft. No rind on ya, you still think there’s a happy ending here. News flash kid, there’s not. Roman soldiers had a phrase, “Memento Mori,” remember that you must die. All our time here is borrowed, every time we come back, we’ve stolen a little more.”

He took a pause to take a drink. “You had an ace up your sleeve, your quarry didn’t know yet that we were in the picture. You know, until you made them aware of us. One thing for us to be noticed on our own, another thing to be pointed out to an enemy, especially considering the circumstances. Bridges burned though, no point dwelling on it. Last thing left is to take back more than we’ve lost.” Or lose it all in the process, either way it’ll be a helluva ride.

He gave a one shouldered shrug as the can hit his lips again, pointing two fingers at Quartermass his other hand instinctively went to his jacket pocket. “And who’s the Grizzly Adams looking mother fucker? If you’re lookin’ for free booze I can give you a beer and then you can kindly fuck off, this is a private party.” Will was forever the charmer.

13. Likes , Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Half the Fun is Risking Scars
    Presance
    (Blithe)
    Striking Looks
    (Svelte, Beguiling)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (Fashion)
    Fame
    (Fashion)
    Tasi Morgan

Professional Training Contacts:
    Fashion, Entertainment, Clubs

Status (Entertainment) 1
    Status (Fashion) 2 | Fame (Fashion) 1

Status (Compact Ashwood Abbey) 1
    Barfly

"Don't know how well the wine will go with what's on offer, but I think everything's better with wine anyway. Placing the bottle near the other drinks, before turning back towards where William should be bringing her supplies. Either blatantly ignoring whatever else Kitty Kate says, or taking it as her due.

"You can say hand. I wont go into cardiac arrest because someone says 'hand.'" looking at the poor, floppy puppy that was Lucas, "In fact." eyeing everything William brings from his car, with a hungry sort of devotion, "I might need you boys to say hand and maybe arm, a whole lot today." tapping her fingers against the case, eyes trailing to her pinned sleeve.

"Oh, dear, Will." she says, close running a hand her only hand. along the case of her supplies. "This just means there's been a declaration, and the certainty of a harder hunt. Something worth the effort. Perhaps one that actually gets the blood pumping, yes?"

ignoring how the blood pumped and squirted and sprayed. How it was hot and cold against her face as she stares in horror, hearing her arm smack against the wall.
    Denial, yes. Cleopatra, always.

A laugh and a smoulder, as William let's this....well. Grizzle Adams worked, new face, know to kindly fuck off. She needed William and Lucas' eyes on her case, feeling up her stump and putting their dextrous fingers and mechanical skills to work.

15. Likes Cayce, , Yumyumcrow, Shane liked this post

Quatermass

Quatermass bobbed his head and made a frowning face, like he understood.

"Thats fair. I was looking for Kathy... er... Katherine Port . I stopped by her apartment but she's out. You wouldn't be her neighbours by any chance? Know where I could find her? I hears talk she likes candles. Word was out on the radio club. Otherwise... Yeah I'll be happy for some free beer. Don't mind sharing what I got for lunch either. Then I can go."

He kept eye contact with William Reed

Just in case, you know, he had to make a quick exit. It was best not to antagonise some people; best not to push too hard. If he was right about these people, even slipping the wrong code word could lead to a beating or worse.

Status (Network Zero)
    Katherine Port
    Katherine Port Scenes

"Wine is always good." Kate says to Tasi. "Honestly, I don't know how to pair shit. This was just something I thought every one could find something to enjoy."

And the hotshot decided to insult her for reasons.

"You've known me all of five minutes, Hotshot. I was taken back by the fact that she lost her fucking arm. My concern that she not bleed to f--ing death took precedent over the plan.
    So I'm not sorry that I am not a dead inside soldier. So you are upset at my audicity to offer table cloths or an outdoor gathering so we can actually be on the same page on the next hike. And quite frankly, you haven't impressed me much."

Yeah, hike, because she didn't know Qaurtermass.

"I'm her. Kate." Kate extended her hand out to 'Quatermass'.
    "Welcome. Ignore the snarling. You are quite welcome." And she gives Quartermass a welcoming smile, because every one didn't need to be an asshole every second of the day.

18. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow, , Shane liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread