Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(The Nameless) A Cry For Help

(The Nameless) Driving Hazard
Mar 15, 2021 - Apr 19, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Striking looks
    (Dashing Figure)
    Fame
    (Internet Following)
    Resources
    (Old Money)
    Barfly
    Presence
    (loud)
    Monty Pennington

Monty raised his eyebrow at William's zombie comment. Something to maybe examine later. He cleared his throat and said "Ok so we need, Fake I.D's. Haven't had one of those since high school." he snickered and continued "A couple of knives, very useful. A couple of medkits." he glanced at Tasi and muttered "Or a mobile surgery unit." Monty snickered and moved on "Easy enough, Looks like everyone has their own ride so we are going to have to decide who takes what, save the environment and all that. Personally I would rather just take the jet but if you all want to experience this great country up close with an hours long road trip, who am I to deprive you?" He smiled.

On to business. "I have to admit I am very interested in the local rumors, Bear mauling's, missing persons, great stuff for my show, I am very excited."

2. Likes , , Yumyumcrow, Shane, Cayce liked this post

Status (Network Zero)
    Status (Private Investigator)
    Katherine Port

Kate smiled a bit as the group talked, shared and seemed to start to gel. This felt right.
    “Tasi remembers coffee is the devil. Thanks!” She accepts a hot chocolate and then peruses the doughnut box.
    “Mmm, breakfast of champions. Oooh, I picked up some head lamps, Tasi, for being able to slash some fuckers and still being able to see.”

She moves over to Will’s map wall and studies his additions for a few minutes.
    “I’m glad you have a mind for this. I would be interested in hearing about what you see from this map, what we might be walking into. I have my PI Badge, but if they dig too much and see my license is out of state…”
    She wasn’t really sure if they could find it out, but the Stranger seemed to be able to know and access a lot.

“I know I feel a lot better to have your medical mind here, Quartermass. I just sort of blanked at our last health crisis. I would be interested in talking about different med kits and what might serve our needs better. Like a trauma kit. If you ever have a minute to chat about it.” And she hoped she didn’t come off like manipulating all of his time.
    She pulled out a computer print out with a bunch of hand written notes on the back. Save the planet, reduce and reuse!
    “I was curious about the glitches on the equipment and did some ‘what could that be’ and ‘how to interact with ghosts’ dive. I have here there's a number of hauntings of little repute. A big Foot sighting. I get that strong sense something is wrong there due to a lot of bear mauling’s and missing people.
    On how to deal with ghosts, I learned some things about Anchors which are physical objects that anchor them to this world. I … I might be barking up the wrong tree on if its a ghost?
    Colorado is an open carry state for both handguns and long guns. So, I am bringing my pistol. If anyone absorbs info faster by reading, have at it.”

She puts the print outs out on a counter for folks to read through, but watches it so she can secure it in her printout pocket later on.
    As Lucas speaks, Kate pulls out a six-inch moleskin and makes quick notes on what he shares about the town, about the Idol and as much of what he shared as she can get down.
    “I am down for driving my Ridgeline, if it works out to be more practical. Jet.” She smirks at Monty. The airport was likely a ways out from the town, she would think?
    “Must be nice.” She teases gently. “Uh, yeah, I am excited to learn stuff. I don’t want to be eaten… or mauled…”

Quatermass

"My van is just a... bog standard van. Old. Reliable - well... Mostly. I reckon it could handle a cross country trip, if you are worrying that I can't keep up. Might be a bit cramped, though. Offer stands."

Quatermass bobbed his head as he looked around the group.

"Yeah. Sure. I can run through some options, I guess. The only issue will be the cost..." He focussed on Katherine.

"Speaking of cost. Flying there? Um. Sure. We could get there... Quicker. I guess. But what about our gear - and sourcing all the extra stuff we might be looking at for this... um... journey? I mean... we'd have to travel light; as in civilian light, right? So then we gotta buy transport that is safe to use - you know what I mean - and get guns, gear and what not. All while not tripping any eyes and ears that might find us... odd?"

He turned to Monty. His attitude was not one of criticism, but of curiosity.

"Oh. Well. If we're doing this it will be a big investment of time and energy, right? Well - why not stop off along the way and have a look into these... animal attacks or accidents or whatever. We could scout the town at the same time. Maybe the attacks and this company are linked somehow."

Half the Fun is Risking Scars
    Presance
    (Blithe)
    Striking Looks
    (Svelte, Beguiling)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (Fashion)
    Fame
    (Fashion)
    Tasi Morgan

Professional Training Contacts:
    Fashion, Entertainment, Clubs

Status (Entertainment) 1
    Status (Fashion) 2 | Fame (Fashion) 1

Status (Compact Ashwood Abbey) 1
    Barfly

As Monty makes his, hm, suggestion Tasi offers him her most angelic looks. All doe eyes and innocence. Before turning to Kitty Kate, and giving a real smile, touched, "Thank you darling."

"And, I poked around my contacts and were looking at werewolves." she bites her lip glee lighting her eyes, she peers at William, and give a delighted squee, "Werewolves~"

She laughs, looking back to the blonde, "Isn't fun, I will tell you that, but I do have this wonderful new custom~" she runs her hand down her new and personally designed limb, "Thank my lovelies." giving the men who designed and created her the perfect aid to keep her on the Hunt. "But I am not leaving town without my chainsaw. I want to test it out. So, unless we can charter something private and get us there no questions asked." Which knowing her, and Monty might be a possibility, "I don't want to fly, but if we do we're going to have to rent a car or something in town." poking at the map, "It's a small town, but that's a lot of nothing to walk between, and while my legs and ass would benefit, I do not want to expend the energy while I could save it for something productive, like getting a new coat." she winks at Will.

Listening to Quatermass she nods, "We could do small stops and fine tune of communication along the way before we get to the main event." Tasi points out. While there is enthusiasm, there is also stupidity, and if she loses another arm to former bathed in the latter, the model will not be pleased.

High Performance Driving
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Resources
    Dexterity
    (Twitch Reflexes)
    William Reed

Will didn't need to say anything about the fake IDs that hadn't already been said. "Also I meant to get into Microsun, this'd be a lot of IDs but if we need 'em I might be able to see what I can rustle up. I also got Radio's in my trunk. Ear pieces numbers, not invisible but more discreet than a handheld. Remember I'm your underground market not a shop and save."

Still at the map taking a step back to sip a beer as folks milled about the warehouse and traded intel. He just kept looking at the map, thinking, and sipping his beer. Then Monty snaps him out of his reverie as he mentions taking a jet. "Ain't got nowhere to Land, puddle jumper maybe. If you can get a hanger..." Fingers tapping at his chin as wheels span in his mind. He smirked when he said show and looked to Tasi wondering if she had the same thought he just did.

"This would be the biggest ghost even I've heard of." He looked to Tasi and returned a smirk as werewolves were mentioned. Then sighed. "We probably can't do both, I'd rather focus on the one that we owe some come uppance too. We go hunting Wolves it'll attract the heat, likely cause Ozob to rabbit. We hunt Ozob we'll likely have legal issues to contend with so won't be able to do both.

"But..." He was more than happy to take both opportunities if they could, he just wasn't hopeful at the prospects. "Now we know to be real fuckin careful in the woods though." He pointed at Tasi as she brought up renting a car. "Car Rental ties you there too, raises a lot of questions. If Monty had a private hanger it'd be one thing but we'd still need a car or cars there already or to bring with us. So driving is the best alternative.

"We can all drive or we can split up, I'd recommend taking at least 3 vehicles. Moxie, Lucas' truck, and either the Van or Ridgeline to haul more of what we need be it stuff or people. I don't know about you ladies and Gentleman by my idea is to black bag Ozob if we can and see what he knows, but if he dies he dies." He shrugged, more intel would be great, but a dead prick was a dead prick.

He looked to Lucas who was eyeing his map. "This? So Black Circle is the max distance I can get on open roads with a full tank of gas. Blue Circle is the effective operating range of the local PD. I gotta look up roster counts and response times still but those numbers will go next to the pin.

"Yellow Roads are ok if necessary, Green are your best routes in and out. You want bridges, bi-ways, tunnels, anything in case there's air support. It's a quiet, quaint little town until we show up to blow a mother fuckers head off so gotta be prepared for a police response just in case. I can get us down there and in and out with a little luck." Plan all you might but an errant storm and all your plans could go to shit. So you did with what you knew and could control.

Let's wrap this in the next three-ish days

9. Likes Shane, liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Lucas Boucher

Lucas continues dunking and chomping as he listens to the others speak. Lots of ideas, lots of differences, but a few common threads and outliers strike Lucas.

"We aren't flying. We'll never get the weapons we need for a hunt through airport security and we can transport more in our vehicles anyway."

Lucas shrugs.

"I think we should pair off and drive down separately. If we can get separate reservations at the Silverlook resort Microsun will be on our way in and out of town and we can do quick recon with regular trips. Tourist is a good cover for snooping around the town, and if we can lift someone's credentials while their off duty that'll be more authentic then trying to forge something without a sample."

Authenticity is a thing. It's easier to cover a photo on a card then it is to forge something from scratch without reference. His attention turns to the map again.

"I don't think we should start by grabbing Ozob. Like I said, he's a major player in multiple industries and his absence is going to set off alarms as we're just beginning. We should get into town and do recon first hand. See who is going where and doing what. If we find out more first hand information, favorite staff haunts, residences, etcetera, then we have more options for more intel. Carousing with the staff is going to set off less alarms then nabbing the millionaire head honcho."

Lucas stuffs the last of his doughnut in his mouth and sips his coco before continuing.

"So are we good to go?" Eyes scan the group before settling on Tasi. ​"I can give you a lift if you bring the doughnuts."

Striking looks
    (Dashing Figure)
    Fame
    (Internet Following)
    Resources
    (Old Money)
    Barfly
    Presence
    (loud)
    Monty Pennington

"You guys are talking like this is some bad ass military black op, hit team. All weapons and snatch and grab, I want to be really clear here" Monty looked at William as he spoke "I am not going on some vendetta based execution. There is more than one way to bring down Ozob so try to save murder as a last resort ok? I am far to recognizable to be involved with a pump and dump so we are going to have to be careful."

He listened to the rest of the group discuss transportation and gave non-committal shrugs as appropriate. "I have been thinking about the Microsun problem and I need to make a few calls but I may be able to get a couple of us walked in the front door. Facilities like this need a lot of capital and a potential new bagillionare investor, especially one who is known to be into cooky things such as myself, tends to get special treatment. Seriously though, you guys are very much overthinking things. Fake I.D., Private Hanger, paper trails. None of that matters. All you need is a good story. Personally if anyone asks me what I am doing, I am going to say, vacation." He pulls his cell phone out and after a quick search he dials a phone number "Hello, is this Sunnybrook Resort? Perfect, I would like to make a reservation, Six rooms should do, Name of Montgomery Pennington."

12. Likes Shane, , Cayce, Xander liked this post

He pulls his cell phone out and after a quick search he dials a phone number "Hello, is this Sunnybrook Resort? Perfect, I would like to make a reservation, Six rooms should do, Name of Montgomery Pennington."
    "... Unfortunately, your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again at a later time, or contact your service provider for assistance...

Something was wrong.

Every number that was listed in Northpoint, CO was out of order. Not a single call could be placed.

Sunnybrook's website still appeared to be functioning, though no charges were processed, and no messages returned...

There had been an announcement that utilities were out due to a winter storm, though whether that was the cause, or something else, it seemed Northpoint was effectively cut off from the rest of the world.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last