Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2102) Jacque's Orbit

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Feb 2, 2021 : (2102)Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Unmoved by the statement he responded, "This conversation represents my most pressing duty this evening Mister Northbridge." A brief pause before adding, "But if you deem further clarification on the finer points is not needed this evening, that is at your discretion." And risk. He pulled a card from his jacket and offered it to his fellow Lord, "I'm quite amenable to a follow-up in the near future. In lieu of a clan meeting we can go over some of my own expectations."

"It hasn't been, but it is a relatively new fixture here so there hasn't been much opportunity." His head gently tilts as he returns his own question, "Why? Do you enjoy the game?"

Blood Hunt:

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Indeed, yes," Milton replies, looking solemn and appreciative for his Priscus' time, though his unbeating heart swells with resentment for a moment. Milton does not like to be reproved. "I understand perfectly."

He takes the card from Jacque carefully, glances at it with approval and then slides it into his jacket pocket. "That would be most agreeable. Your expectations as Priscus are precisely one of my points of further interest." If Milton's reading of the Laws is correct, the Priscus role in Sacramento is much more than a position of honor in the clan. It is a function of the court and the Prince's Will. An intriguing, and exploitable, situation.

But in lieu of a clan meeting? This catches Milton's attention. "Are there any others of our Blood at court, Priscus? I would like to introduce myself properly, of course." He asks the question carefully, attending closely to Jacque's response.

As to Chess: "I do enjoy it. I play serviceably, never to spectacular result. But I find it passes the time. There's so much time to pass, after all. Do you play?"
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh yes," his eyes scanned the faceless attendees in the room before returning to Milton, "but there are none presently who are worthy of introduction." And if the audience felt a sting, they should make a name for themselves instead of slinking in the shadows.

"I do," he affirmed in regards to chess. Before he would delve deeper into the topic there was other business at hand.

Perfectly understood was it then? That was a word the Priscus would remember, "With your understanding we can complete the final step of presentation. Do you, Mister Milton Northbridge, swear loyalty to Prince Alessandra Antinori, and to the the officers of her Court, and to abide by the Prince's laws as set forth by her hand?"

Blood Hunt:

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Jacque's words about the faceless crowds touch something in Milton. It feels good. He likes to know there are others who are unworthy of introduction. Maybe a little too much.

But business is afoot and Milton can't afford to be caught up in shallow feelings of superiority. Or thoughts about chess. Not when so much hinges on what he is about to say.

"I do swear it, Priscus," he replies. "On my name and on my Blood." A simple enough declaration that will surely introduce many challenges and complications in the nights to come. So it goes...

He bows his head as if acknowledging the gravity of this moment. But really he's only looking at his shoes. They appear clean enough.

Slowly, he raises his gaze back to Jacque. "All of my thanks, Priscus, for bringing me into the fold," he offers a sincere, if unremarkable, smile. "Do you have any words of advice for a newly arrived member of our esteemed society?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Very good, Mister Northbridge. You are hereby Acknowledged. You may now set up a basic Haven and you are free to feed within the communal areas of the city."

He nodded in response to Milton's gratitude and pondered upon the request for advice. So many obvious, yet snarky replies had to be muted as he considered, "My only advice at the moment would be to take the time to get to know other occupants of the Domain." Allies were always a valuable commodity.

Blood Hunt:

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Splendid, simply splendid," Milton responds as if he's just been presented with a gift. Nothing better than a done deal.

"Your sound advice is duly noted," his eyes sweep the room, stick on Edward, return to Jacques. "Are there any individuals in particular that I should seek out first?" The latter part of the question goes unspoken: Or avoid?

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Not tonight, as things are winding down," delaying departures was a dangerous game in itself.

"I would start with Seneschal Hart, personally." He gestured to the porcelain doll and to each person he spoke of after, "From there you have your choice of the only other member of Her Grace's court and Priscus of Daeva, Archon Twist, or accessible clan Priscii such as Lady Notary Jennifer Hazelton of the Nosferatu," a brief pause to accentuate the informal introduction since she tried to help Milton earlier, "and Ms Quinn Durant of the Mekhet."

"It was a pleasure meeting you Mister Northbridge. Is there anything else you need this evening before I retire?"
    Such a rarity these days, but good first impressions are...well... good.

Forgot to add the note on the last post, but you're welcome to raise your domain status to 1 now!

Blood Hunt:

8. Likes Endymion liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Jacque speaks sense. Milton can appreciate the Priscus' pragmatic bent. The Kindred in this room have been busy with the Danse the whole night. Most are likely hungry and ready to depart. Not a time for introductions.

He nods his understanding and then listens as Jacque runs down his possible interlocutors, his gaze following the Priscus' indications.

The Porcelain Doll, with her missing eyes, is a horror; but a fascinating one. Repulsive and magnetic. Color Milton intrigued. The Archon Twist, standing there beside the chess board, cuts an equally stunning (if more expected) figure. Both women, with their standing in the Prince's court, present danger and opportunity in equal measure. Approaching them would require careful consideration.

The Priscii Hazelton and Durant are also given a close, if inconspicuous, look. The latter is a beauty, but Milton feels more inclined to the former. She had, after all, stepped in after Edward's neat little trick.

"The pleasure has been entirely mine, Priscus. I must thank you again for your time, attention, and understanding. I require nothing more from you and hope only that I can be of service at some time in the future. Please let me know when you are available for a more intimate meeting. Perhaps we could find time for a game of chess."

With that, Milton falls silent, clearly waiting to be dismissed. He will not leave Jacque's company until it is quite clear that the Priscus is finished with him. No room for another mistake tonight.

Thanks for the fun scene!

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I would like that," the Lord remarked as he rose to his feet. "I hope you have a good evening Mister Northbridge."

Eyes traced to the dispersing crowds and returned gestures of salutations as they were received.

Likewise! Sorry for the delay at the end, I got tied up with work.

Continued in (2102)Formal Court...

Blood Hunt:

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton rises with Jacque, pale hands automatically buttoning his suit jacket.

"You as well, Priscus."

He tries not to look pleased as he rejoins the broader Court, well aware that the night is coming to an end.

12. Likes Killian liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread