Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

The long drive way was lit with sparkling blue lights. The driveway led to a central courtyard that had a gazebo in the center. Around the courtyard was a path with flowers, the horse stables, the green houses more flowers and a small farm house.

On the front porch Mable sat in one of two rocking chairs with her feet propped up on the railing as she waited for JC. She was wearing shorts and a tank top. Her hair was flowing around her shoulders.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

The farm was even more out of the way than the Order's House. Though JC didn't mind too much. The night air wasn't too bad right now, and the walking helped to calm him a bit. Not that he was afraid that he might be killed on the lonely road. Well, not a lot. He was more concerned about potentially killing others. He was getting used to the constant feeling of rage from the aspect faster than when he'd first felt the beast when turned. All the same, it gave him a nervous energy that wasn't exactly comfortable.

Which was one of the reasons he'd asked Mable about visiting. It was a relatively safe space to workout and spar. See if the physical activity could help curb the seething blood.

Passing by the gazebo, he caught sight of his Gangrel cousin and waved.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave him a grin, "Welcome. How are you tonight?" She stood as he walk up. A wave of anger and desire to kill him flooded her senses for a few moments. she pushed beast down. This was family and she welcomed him even when beast did not.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"Hi Mable, I'm doing alright. It was a nice walk over" A little better than normal "So this is your place?" he asked looking around the property again. It was kind of funny that half their local clan wouldn't seem out of place on a ranch. He had to admit the wide open space and existing on the edges of the domain did hold some appeal. Maybe it had something to do with Gangrel nature.

"How are you doing?" he followed up. He didn't know too much about Mable, aside from she seemed nice and was willing to buy him a phone.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes. Do you want a tour?" She asked.

"I'm good. I've been keeping busy with the farm, work, and studying the different aspects of the Circle." She gave him a sweet smile.

"What are some of your interests?" She tended to be pretty direct and she wanted to know about him.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"Sure," he replied when she offered a tour.

"Sounds interesting. Do those things go hand in hand?" he didn't know much about Circle practices but as a nature religion he imagined working on a farm could take on a spiritual aspect.

"Like interests in general or what I'd like to see on the farm?" he asked "Because I'm not much of a farm hand and most of my interest lately has been in staying alive," he gave a half smile back to her.

"I suppose lately, I've been exploring our family's powers. Trying to get a better mastery of Protean. Mediating on our blood. Meditating in general if that counts as an interest." And not a mental health exercise.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a little nod, "Well, this is my livingroom. As you see I went for the open concept look. The conference table is for meetings etc. The one window is for the cats to look at birds."

She walks over to a fancy cupboard, "This is my guestroom. Completely sunproof." She opens the door to a comfy bed inside the cupboard. "I think it's designed from a Scandinavian box bed."

"Down in the basement is my bedroom. The roof has solar panels. There is a sink and outhouse for the college students to use while working the farm. And I will bring you out to the patio next."

As they walked around the house, "For me the Circle does connect to what I do but not everyone in the circle is about nature. It's like the protestant religion where there are several faiths with their own practices and ideas but around a central theme. I am pagan and love nature, others have believed in studying ancient texts or in descending to a higher plane. It is really an all inclusive type of covenant. Sorry, don't mean to sound all teachy." She give a light hearted laugh.

"Here we are. My patio is a favorite spot, I love to just sit and look at the stars." Seating area 1 seating area 2

She sits down and motions for JC to sit. "So you meditate? I do yoga and meditate. I like the breathing exercises. It gives me something to focus on. I have always struggled with controlling my temper and have found some peace and balance in it. What can I do to help you?"

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC followed Mable around the house taking note of each feature as she brought it up, as well as others.

“Very cozy,”
    he complimented. It was definitely the type of house he imagined her living in.

He gave a small smile “Teachy is fine. I enjoy learning about different covenant traditions and beliefs.”

When the seat was offered he politely took it.

“I’ve been moving away from breathing and been focusing more on mindfulness.” Breathing just didn’t offer the same anchor it had to return his attention to since he didn’t have to do it anymore. “Though I agree meditation does an outlet for anger. Been dealing with that more since learning the Aspect of the Beast.”

“Been feeling anxious later,” Even more since Dirt Nap had suddenly left “You mentioned you might be interested in sparring and that the farm would be a good place for it. I thought some physical activity might be good.”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looked concerned, "Anxiety? Do you want to talk about it? I'm here if you need to, though I understand if you don't."

She looked thoughtful for a moment and decided to share a bit, "It's hard to trust anyone. Everyone I ever trust leaves. Dirt Nap was one of the last people here I could trust. Anxiety seems to be the nature of the beast, so to speak. It's almost like because we see more and know more of the world around us we have more to be anxious about. It's like the saying, ignorance is bliss. That's why I work so much. I needed something I could do to help mitigate the problems, but something within my control. I mean that's all anxiety is is the loss of control or the perception of that loss."

"Ok, well if you want to spar tonight I say we move to the gazebo. The few chairs can easily be moved out and it's an ideal space. Bare fists or gloves? Or do you want a straight up street fight? No claws, no magic, just our bodies?" She would let him choose whatever rules he wanted.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC smiled gently “Been dealing with anxiety longer than I’ve been dealing with the Beast,” he said slightly sadly “Though circumstances haven’t improved things. Used to be able to take medication,” he gave a small chuckle “But yeah, lack of control and working to live with it has just been more difficult lately.”

He gave a sigh, expression more neutral “So, Dirt Nap has left.” It was one of those statements that almost sounds like a question asking for a contradiction.

“We can talk while sparring. Take turns with our hits? Bare fists?” While he hadn’t come to talk, it probably would do some good in conjunction with some fist fighting in between for the activity he had come for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread