Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of that I have no doubt," he remarked on the Notary's capabilities.

"As an incumbent I have the benefit of my actions to aid, where hypothetical situations are where manipulation can thrive." He thought a moment, "Chess can teach a great deal of strategy in many applications. The zwischenzug is one such example. Reading the room the night the Ventrue were to select a new Priscus, I felt Mister Boyle had some degree of success in his manipulations and for other reasons that amount to my family clutching their pearls." He lifted a knight to move, "I had a choice between the gamble of Thomas being unanimously selected or a tie- either of which would not have been ideal."

The flipped his wrist as he reminisced, "The zwischenzug means 'in-between move'. You don't make the expected move, but instead play an alternative piece that creates a risk that must be answered by your opponent." His lips pressed into a wry grin, "This is how Ms. Black came to be Priscus. I did it to buy more time to prove his lies, but of course Boyle couldn't help but immediately disrespect her. Revealing his true colors against the will of the clan, I was able to retain my seat as Whip to help steer my family forward in the right direction. If Ms. Black had become a liability I would be able to challenge her for the position. Ultimately, my zwischenzug worked far better than I had hoped, as not only did he fail for his bid for Priscus, but he immediately fled the Domain." He lifted his eyes to look over to the Lady Prince, "It is always enjoyable to watch the trash take itself out."

"It is. I'm only sorry to be so vague with the details but I'd rather keep such fantasies to myself until they can be verified. There are enough breadcrumbs in the tomes to make it plausible though,"
    he shrugged with smirk. "You have the power to change the game with each action, but I have a decent idea of how to get to a victory." A little modesty never hurt, but the Prince would have to earn a win with him. This Lord wouldn't simply throw a match because he's playing his boss.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leaning back in her seat, “Was that the night I got a call?” still not impressed with that. “Though it is interesting to hear how other Clans select their Priscus. I got to witness one defend their position in a verbal debate while using a candlestick.” The irritation evident in her voice. “It was sad and embarrassing to say the very least.” What Gangrel gets into a verbal debate for a position? Just not how it was done.

In some ways, it felt like an education, a lecture. Which wasn’t something the Italian particularly enjoyed. “Ego is a weakness of some that they expose with their own actions. And my guess would be that was what did him in, he flew too close to the sun so to speak. Feeling invincible with what he had gotten away with.” A light shrug, “I’ve seen it play out a few different times within my organization.” It was never ending. There would always be someone who thought they were better than those around them, and above them.

“Yes, sometimes it’s nice when the trash shows themselves out, but it also takes away the game.” But so went life.

A hand waves off his apology, “I don’t put much into myths, far too often, they are simply tales. Nothing more. And unless I can see something for myself, verify it, I don’t put much faith into it.” That had bit her on the ass before. “While there are fields of play I know I can win with the bat of an eye, chess is not one of them. The numbers of years it’s been since my last game would tell my age.” Looking at the board again, moving another pawn. “So this is more of a refresher for me, reminding me of how to best play the game.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"God, yes." he ruefully remembered. "I made the mistake of thinking it would cut hours off of dealing with his bullshit. Absolutely my mistake." He chuckled at what Alessandra shared, "I always imagined there was some form of physicality with your family. Honestly I wondered how tempers could ever be kept in check enough for your cousins to not use their more obvious tools." The enunciation was accompanied by a small flair of his own fingers slightly hooked.

He nodded, "It was disappointing to see him so brazenly refute the word of the Herald and of your direct self... and be successful." He shook his head, "There would be no good that could come of that journey."

"For me, Chess can be revealing. Not much can be gleaned from any single game but over a long enough time you can recognize someone's style as much as their handwriting." He scanned the board once more before sliding his rook forward. "Now that you have your piano, is there anything else you're chasing down these nights?" A pause before he adds, "Ambitions are always a thing to be curious about."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A light shrug, “It didn’t seem like it would help with much of anything. Not everyone likes others getting involved in Clan business.” But, he knew that. “Tempers tend to be kept in check when I’m in the room. Using more obvious tools can lead to grave errors that are costly. There is no need for those unless you intend to issue Final Death.” Spoken rather matter of factly, like someone who had seen the outcome of such actions.

“Well, again, people will believe what fits with whatever they have imagined. You cannot convince someone of the truth they don’t want to see. It’s quite common, and often has disastrous results.” It was just how it went.

Smirking, “Ah, like a tell. Everyone has them, though not many will admit it.” Tells, learned behavior. Watching the rook move, she moves her other Knight. Leaning back once more, “A business of my own. Well, more specifically, a legal business.” It was no secret what her main business was, at least, not to those in the know. “I’ve been in the process of securing some property, and then figuring out the paperwork. It’s been a journey to say the least. Then again, legal tends to be a bit more of a headache.” Red tape, contracts, it was a lot. It was annoying. “But it’s something I am aiming to have setup by the end of the year if things align correctly.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded as the savage shared what she was willing to, "I do suppose with those types it is like getting blood from a stone."

"Real estate can be exciting," he hummed in thought as he considered all of the prime locations the Prince and the First Estate resources would be able to acquire. Exciting indeed. He chuckled at the comment of headaches, "No truer thing has ever been spoken. If I can ever be of assistance in that arena just let me know." He looked over the board once more and moved another pawn.

"I'm eager to see how Mister Northbridge contributes to the Domain. He seems rather well spoken." He sips on his drink before adding, "Time will tell."

21 successes

Figured with a few days left on the scene we could roll the chess game and talk about its conclusion.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A pause, “Sometimes.” It could be.

Chuckling “It certainly can be. It’s also a good way to make earnings look legal.” Which was key to keeping her criminal empire in business. “This will be my first business, more than likely, a restaurant. Importing some wine from Italy, my fathers old company, will be a nice touch. So learning what goes into it has been challenging. But thank you, I will keep your offer in mind.” It could be helpful. Depending on what she came across.

“While I was surprised at his actions in Court, I was impressed by how he handled it. I’ve seen some take great offense and make a scene, rarely, do they humbly accept the rebuke and move on.” So it had been nice.

23 successes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I find it is rarely about the mistake and more about the recovery," he shrugs, another sip of his drink. Eyes watched as the pieces moved, one by one each play countered in turn. As the number of pieces dwindled, Jacque's focus moved away from maintaining conversation to focusing on the end game.

He leaned in, doing what he could to salvage the match until finally- no legal moves remained for either player. "Stalemate?" he mumbled as his eyes traced each possible move.

"Quite the game, your grace," he lifted his glass in a cheers but his steely eyes didn't reflect an expected excitement.

"The wine business can be quite lucrative. I wish you luck in your endeavor." He smiled as he placed the remaining pieces back in their designated spaces in the case.

"Do you fancy reds or whites?" he asked as he moved to put the packed game away.

Per a message from the player, they meant to remove the 10 again which would have reduced the total by 2 successes resulting in a tie.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Watching the board as well, “Some recover quite well, some were never destined to. My own mistake could have cost me my Danse, but the choices I made, and how I dealt with it, gave me the chance to recover and thrive.” Then a sigh, “But there are so few willing to put in the work to overcome mistakes.” Her mind flashing back to Davis and how he now resided in a closet.

Taking in the board once again, her focus back on it and not failure Kindred, she nods. “It would appear so.” Not what she was expecting. Chess was not her area, but seemed she remembered enough to give the Lord a challenge. Always a plus.

Her glass was raised as well, but there was humor in her own dark eyes. “We’ll have to play again sometime. This was quite the welcome change of pace.” Moving pieces on the game board not unlike moving her soldiers around the city.

A single nod, it was quite the lucrative business. Also providing a legit front for moving money.

“I’ve never been a wine person. The sweetness of some was quite intolerable. Then the dryness of others was just not something I enjoyed. But I have knowledge of the flavors and what to look for.” Something else her father had taught her. But, it had been years upon years. “I’d rather enjoy a beer or an aged spirit. Yourself?”

Finishing her glass, “Even though I’ve quite enjoyed this evening, it’s getting late.” And she had other things to see to.

Past the 30 day mark, we should start wrapping

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded, "Of course. We can't simply leave a match a tie for terribly long." He grinned as he swirled his glass.

"Spirits, naturally." The elegant decanters around the haven being a clear clue to his preference.

"Yes, it is," he remarked before finishing his own glass. "Not that I feel you need it by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be delighted to walk you out."

Thanks for the scene!

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Just met me know when you’re ready for a rematch then.” It had been quite enjoyable, which she hadn’t entirely been expecting. Sitting still for long periods of time and calculating moves on a game board wasn’t necessarily her go to evening activity.

Putting her glass down and standing, “Thank you for the offer,” a smile on her lips, “I’d like that.”

The weekend got away from me, sorry! But thank you for the scene, it was fun!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread